PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

ano ang pinakamatipid at matibay na sasakyan...

hi everyone,

thinking of purchasing another car/suv?

ano ang pinakamatipid at matibay na sasakyan (diesel or gas)?

is there such?

car/suv? saan mo gagamitin ba ang "matipid" na sasakyan na yan? how many are actually going to use it?

pang-daily use ba? how many passengers are going to ride it daily?

I find it ironic in manila EDSA to see a sparkling SUV stuck in traffic with only one passenger, likewise a car with only one passger.

car/suv

all around ang gamit. around town or for long trips. i really don't care whether if it's a 2, 4, 6 or 8 passenger so as long as it serves its' purpose. i'm flexible. to me reliability and katipiran sa gas/diesel ang hanap ko.
    thanks!

kung gusto mo matipid syempre mag diesel ka. for me basta toyota mas matibay eh. tumatagal talaga makina. and as long as bnew ang kukunin mo wala ka naman mgging problema talaga dun kahit 10yrs pa basta maalaga ka at casa maintned lalo. for me kasi we have honda city 2005,vios 04,vios,09,civic 97,inova 08. pinaka matipid at matibay samin *** vios 04 yung usual taxi na nkkta mo. ok un kahit pa 2nd hand makuha mo. suv kasi alam ko malakas sa gas un bro. sporty kasi. nway basta toyota ok!

toyota

thank you! you have a point...toyota nga!

well.. it is actually important to know the specifics of your preference and how you will use your vehicle on a daily basis/long trips.

hehe.. you haven't indicated your budget by the way.

if you will use it as a work vehicle but at the same time you only have one passenger then get a gasoline car. if you have two or more passengers on your daily trips then a diesel car would be advisable. you also have to consider the amount of luggage or baggage you intend to bring [will that extra trunk space be used? will that extra leg room come in handy? how about a roof rack?]

obviously, the economy cars nowadays are the choice for tightwads. the suzuki alto, kia picanto, hyundai getz.. these are the more usual compact cars I see on the road. these are gasoline btw. get the hyundai matrix for diesel. these vehicles have the advantage of being nimble in traffic and for locating tight parking slots.

getting a sedan like a vios or a civic would be the middle range for work and long trips. however, together with the bigger space, out goes the advantage of fitting it in tight parking slots.

SUV? hmm.. I'd rather not recommend this for your everyday motoring. there is no guilt-free SUV. to expound, you will need at least 3 passengers para sulit ang power and space of the SUV. kung solo mo rin lang ang gagamit pang-araw araw I guarantee, kahit naka-aircon ka ay pagpapawisan ka sa traffic. ang SUV kasi ay matakaw ng gas lalo na kapag naipit ka sa traffic. matipid lang ang SUV (sports utility vehicle ika-nga) on long trips. But if you will insist on getting an SUV then get the toyota revo or isuzu crosswind types. get the diesel variety. SUVs have the advantage of bigger space.

also, you have to think about whether to get an automatic or manual transmission. in my experience, masmatipid ang manual clutch pagdating sa metro manila traffic.

if all else fails and magisa ka rin lamang na byabyahe pangaraw araw, you will never regret getting a scooter. as in wala sa kalingkingan ng mga kotse ang tipid sa gas. in addition, madali ang parking, hindi ka na magmamadali pumasok ng opisina, tipid sa gas, wala problem sa traffic.

hth.

car/suv

as i have mentioned, it will be a "go to" car. almost an "all purpose" vehicle.
    i'm unemployed so it won't be a commute car. pamasyal and whatever errands lang siya. modesty aside, i have other vehicles that are for other purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by raysay03 View Post
    kung gusto mo matipid syempre mag diesel ka. for me basta toyota mas matibay eh. tumatagal talaga makina. and as long as bnew ang kukunin mo wala ka naman mgging problema talaga dun kahit 10yrs pa basta maalaga ka at casa maintned lalo. for me kasi we have honda city 2005,vios 04,vios,09,civic 97,inova 08. pinaka matipid at matibay samin *** vios 04 yung usual taxi na nkkta mo. ok un kahit pa 2nd hand makuha mo. suv kasi alam ko malakas sa gas un bro. sporty kasi. nway basta toyota ok!

durability, toyota na. we owned toyota twice, first was yung 94 corrolla if my memory serves me right I was very young back then.. then eventually we bought '96 Tamarraw FX for spacious private transport.. we sold the FX last January lang tuwang tuwa yung nakabili jackpot na daw for a cheap price looks brand new pa dahil sa kintab and halos walang kalampag which also my personal experience.. And it was not Casa maintained, mas mura kasi mga kanto shops gumawa basta genuine lang mga parts.. Fuel consumption? compared sa Mazda 3 ni pare mas matipid Vios namin siguro same lang din ng old civic

suggestion ko sayo ang very reliable x-wind... tipid, may comfort, maluwag. may dating din naman kahit papano..

Quote Originally Posted by sintonado View Post
    as i have mentioned, it will be a "go to" car. almost an "all purpose" vehicle.
    i'm unemployed so it won't be a commute car. pamasyal and whatever errands lang siya. modesty aside, i have other vehicles that are for other purposes.
    Kung matipid pero all purpose, tatlo lang ang naiisip ko na papasok sa kelangan mo. Toyota Avanza, Hyundai Matrix at Honda Jazz. Ang Avanza 7-seater, ang Matrix MPV ang category, ang Jazz very utilitarian ang interior design.

car

i think i can't go wrong with the avanza or the jazz...maraming salamat!

hi everyone,

thinking of purchasing another car/suv?

ano ang pinakamatipid at matibay na sasakyan (diesel or gas)?

is there such?
    Sana may makasagot nito in terms of kilometer per liter of fuel. Dito kitang-kita kung aling brand/model ang pinakamatipid. Better yet, macompare yung claim ng manufacturer versus actual consumption.

comparison test

dapat may auto magazine like "motor trend" that can do a comparison tests.

i think i can't go wrong with the avanza or the jazz...maraming salamat!
    You can be awfully wrong with the jazz, otherwise, any car can be “all-purpose”. Or you just don’t have it yet in your growing fleet, hence, the ready interest in them.

dapat may auto magazine like "motor trend" that can do a comparison tests.
    There are, but they either keep it to themselves in silence probably to keep some paychecks, or they’d play down fuel economy and good after-sales service and, in their wanton prejudice, pick on the Korean or Chinese badge.

I also check on this site:

fueleconomy.gov

US-base siya; so in gallons nga lang. And keep in mind walang traffic masyado dun. So hindi masyado applicable dito sa 'Pinas. It's a good gauge though.

16. Advertisement