PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Perfectly choreographed fight scenes and compelling execution makes "Kyoto Inferno" the perfect bridge to "Legend Ends."

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 6

The is back! We talk about the top dogs, the lovable losers and Kyle Neypes' recent transformation.

read more

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

Page 223 of 252 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 222 223 224 233 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 5028
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee14Kate View Post
    HELLO NILLYS!*wave *wave

i miss you all, it's been a century since my last post here..

i hope you're all doing fine..i love you all..god bless.
    hello ate Kate

hope you're doing good

See you next time

Godbless

Quote Originally Posted by love_care View Post
    NIIIILLYYYSSS
    musta guys???

welcome back marj...we miss you na loka na!!!
    MARJJJJJJJJJ

Welcome back

Catch you next time

Godbless

Nikki Gil is proud that Charice will be a part of 'Glee'
    by Napoleon Quintos | July 12, 2010 12:54 AM |

Kapamilya stars Nikki Gil, Karylle, and Sam Milby were just among the millions around the world who sent in videos of themselves for the open audition called by the producers of hit US musical TV series Glee. But in the end, it was another Filipino, international singing star Charice, who bagged a role in the show. Nikki said that she is happy with Charice’s latest achievement. “I am very very proud kasi at least one of ours eh nakapasok. It’s a reason to be proud na we are represented. That’s why Karylle, Sam, and I tried out because we want the Filipinos to be represented. It doesn’t matter who gets in but at least kahit isa man lang mai-represent ang Philippines. Charice is doing it now. She is famous beyond Glee.”

Nikki doesn’t feel bad that in spite of sending a video she failed to get noticed. She knew from the start that since the audition was worldwide, her chances of getting in was very slim. “Okay lang. I just took my chance. Nakapambahay nga lang ako nung kinunan ‘yung video, ha ha ha! Initsa ko lang ‘yun, tapos malay mo. Ang daming nag-audition so maliit na talaga ‘yung chance na makukuha ako. Trip lang naman.”

The 22-year-old actress-singer, who currently stars in the musical play Legally Blonde, said that she is willing to audition again, but that won’t be a priority. “Tingnan natin. Kung sa kawalan na naman ng gagawin that day, ha ha ha! Trip trip na naman uli. I think with the new job that I am given ituon ko na lang muna ‘yung atensyon ko dito.”

Nikki will soon join Entertainment Live as a new co-host. She just signed a new contract with ABS-CBN, and included in this deal are other projects in the Kapamilya network. “Meron pang ibang shows na pinaplano. Part siya ng bago kong contract. Pero they’re still planning so baka as of now hindi pa pwede sabihin. May teleserye. Abangan na lang natin. I’m excited to find out what these projects are. I’m happy na I’m staying as a Kapamilya.”

This dispels rumors that she is leaving ABS-CBN despite her recent departure from the Star Magic family, the talent management arm of the Kapamilya network. “There were talks, of course, because at that time my contract with Star Magic just ended. Kung ano man ‘yung naging talks, manager ko na lang ang magkukwento. But all I can say is I have been a Kapamilya for five years and I’m glad that I’m still part of the family.”

Guys may teleserye daw!!
    wooohhooooo New Teleserye

I can't wait

Thanks for the article marj

Quote Originally Posted by mexan20 View Post
    Good Evening....

Hi NILLYs.... I miss this... whoa ngayon lang ako nakapapost... miss yah all... muah muah... sa mga di nakakakilala sakin I'm Alexandria R. Ralleta, 17 years old, you can call me Xan for short... lol.
    Ate Xan

Long time no post

Nice to meet you

Hope to catch you soon

Godbless

Quote Originally Posted by heart101 View Post
    Legally Blonde the Musical Manila is Legally Awesome
    on musical, review, theater on Sunday, July 11, 2010

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/heart101mg/legally_blonde_thumb.jpg

Its been nine years since I saw Legally Blonde starring Reese Witherspoon and Luke Wilson playing Elle Woods and Emmett Forrest respectively. It is one of my favorite chick flick back then because it makes me laugh at the same time it teaches a much deeper lesson behind its shallow facade. Then after six years, I heard that the movie is being adopted to a musical on Broadway. I admit it, back then I thought it is ridiculous. How will a movie like Legally Blonde can be translated to a musical? I lost interest on it. And 3 years passed here in the Philippines, news spread that Atlantis Production will soon stage legally Blonde the Musical. That didn't really spark an interest on me but when a friend told me that it is Nikki Gil who will be playing the lead role, whoa wait wait wait. Now that IS interesting. And the moment my friend ask me to watch it, I agree without hesitation.

Legally Blonde the Musical tells the story of Elle Woods (Nikki Gil), a cute blonde president of Delta Nu sorority who decides to pursue Harvard Law after being dumped by her Boyfriend. Believing that she will win him back by following him on this prestigious and legally harsh institution, Elle strive to adapt on her new environment with the help of her new found friend Emmett Forrest (Nyoy Volante). But this is just the beginning because Elle didn't expect that the Walls of Harvard will teach her the greatest thing she will ever learn: the difference of LOVE and LAW.

From the producers and directors of hit musicals in Manila like Avenue Q, 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee, Hairspray and Spring Awakening here comes another musical that will surely make you dance and raise your pom-poms while juggling law books and a court room fiasco. From the Music and Lyrics of Laurence O'Keefe and Nell Benjamin, Legally Blonde the Musical hits manila last June 25 at the Meralco Theater and will end on July 18. The first time I saw it, I become an instant fan of the show. All of my first impression regarding the show ever since I heard it is released on Broadway last 2007 changed. From the colorful set, to the infectious Music, lively Dance Moves and finally the stellar lineup of actors. Almost everything about Legally Blonde the Musical is perfect and lovable.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/heart101mg/36017_1402469315158_1635110831_9797.jpg

The cast during the curtain call as Nikki Gil enters the stage.

Though the set is not as elaborate like that of the New York Broadway production, the set designer pushed his creativity to the limits by creating a Fairy tale like set that suits Elle's romantic personality. The set is also bursting with pink tone mixed with both dark and neutral palette to differentiate every location's mood and without being too girly for male audiences. I have to commend Mr. Mio Infante for doing such a great job.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/heart101mg/IMG_6167_edited.jpg
    Top L-R: Calvin Millado (Dewey and Kyle), Nikki Gil (Elle Woods), Guji Lorenzana(Warner Huntington III), Cris Villonco(Vivienne Kensington)
    Sitting L-R: Jinky Llamanzares(Paulette Bonafonte), Geneva Cruz(Brooke Wyndham), Nyoy Volante(Emmett Forrest) and Jett Pangan(Professor Callahan)

Atlantis is also fortunate of getting a good set of actors to play on this production. Such names like Felix Rivera (Avenue Q, Spelling Bee), Joel Trinidad (Avenue Q, Defending the Caveman), Calvin Millado (Rent, Avenue Q), Jinky Llamanzares (Urinetown, Dreamgirls), Cris Villonco (Hamlet, Romeo and Bernadette). Nyoy Volante (Hairspray) and Jett Pangan (Dreamgirls, Spring Awakening) are among the finest actors on Philippine theater to grace Legally Blonde the Musical's stage. Newcomers like Geneva Cruz, Guji Lorenzana and Nikki Gil herself exhibits good performance on their first time to step on professional full length musical-theater. Geneva Cruz is the perfect choice to play the character of the fitness guru, Brooke Wyndham. With a perfectly toned body and a high caliber voice, Geneva nailed the character perfectly and graciously. Guji Lorenzana's portrayal of Warner could not be that great. There are times that I'm confused of his emotions while throwing lines. It is like he didn't really understand what he is saying. His dialogs don't match with his facial expressions and body language and most of the time he speak too fast. But other than that for a first timer, Guji did pretty well.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/heart101mg/LB2.jpg
    Nikki Gil, blonde and pretty in pink

Just like what I've said earlier, when I first heard that Nikki is playing Elle Woods it gives a small spark of interest on me. Not because I thought she can't act. In fact I already saw Nikki's potential and she is really good. But what worries me is her being not a blonde material. Nikki is too smart to play somebody like Elle Woods. But the moment Nikki entered that stage, I was shocked that she fits her well. Nikki is Elle and Elle is Nikki no doubt to that. Though Laura Bell Bundy has a good voice advantage in terms of vocal strenth for being a country singer compared to Nikki who's more on a pop genre, Nikki didn't fail on immortalizing the show's repertoire together with the other cast.

I had a great time watching it and I didn't mind watching it again if I have the chance. Legally Blonde the Musical doesn't disappoint. If you want to watch something fun and empowering, this is the show for you. So to those who haven't seen it, this coming week you only have four chances to watch it. So better grab your tickets now and enjoy this fabulous offering from Atlantis Production.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae159/heart101mg/LEGALLYBLONDETheMusical.jpg

Congratulations Atlantis Production and Director Chari Arespacochaga. Good job!

Special thanks to Atlantis Production's Lawyn Cruz and Claire Saguilla.
    Photo of curtain call is from Atlantis Production FB page.

Taken from Jori's Entertainment Journal
    www.joriben.com
    http://www.joriben.com/2010/07/legal...manila-is.html
    Thanks ate Mel

Quote Originally Posted by heart101 View Post
    Marjorie, Nikka, Xan! hey guys
    hey ate Mel

Where are you?

Haven't seen you here for like 3 days now

Catch you online soon teh

mwuahhh luv you
    Last edited by nikkaxoxo29KG; Jul 14, 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkal View Post
    Hi Guys! Pattee here from Luisters and LaBers! just droppin by to post some pics from elive.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide1-70.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide10-7.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide11-7.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide12-6.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide13-6.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide2-57.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide3-41.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide4-23.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide5-15.jpg
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z308/pattykatigbak/Slide6-11.jpg
    Thank you for sharing the pictures and also for allowing me to post some of the pictures here on our thread

Quote Originally Posted by johannahmarie View Post
    Hi NILLY s
    Hello Ate

MISSING!
    LORAINE TABAYOYONG!!

if anyone by chance saw her please report it to me right away and i'll make sabunot to her by not posting here on pex for such a long time now

ppsssssttttt my adik, loka and soul sister

I'm waiting for you here on pex and stop the craziness about the prince and princess of England

you're making me search them on facebook too

Nillys

I have to go

Goodnight my dear nillys

I you all

I love you ate nikki and kuya billy

Nikki Gil is proud that Charice will be a part of 'Glee'
    by Napoleon Quintos | July 12, 2010 12:54 AM |

Kapamilya stars Nikki Gil, Karylle, and Sam Milby were just among the millions around the world who sent in videos of themselves for the open audition called by the producers of hit US musical TV series Glee. But in the end, it was another Filipino, international singing star Charice, who bagged a role in the show. Nikki said that she is happy with Charice’s latest achievement. “I am very very proud kasi at least one of ours eh nakapasok. It’s a reason to be proud na we are represented. That’s why Karylle, Sam, and I tried out because we want the Filipinos to be represented. It doesn’t matter who gets in but at least kahit isa man lang mai-represent ang Philippines. Charice is doing it now. She is famous beyond Glee.”

Nikki doesn’t feel bad that in spite of sending a video she failed to get noticed. She knew from the start that since the audition was worldwide, her chances of getting in was very slim. “Okay lang. I just took my chance. Nakapambahay nga lang ako nung kinunan ‘yung video, ha ha ha! Initsa ko lang ‘yun, tapos malay mo. Ang daming nag-audition so maliit na talaga ‘yung chance na makukuha ako. Trip lang naman.”

The 22-year-old actress-singer, who currently stars in the musical play Legally Blonde, said that she is willing to audition again, but that won’t be a priority. “Tingnan natin. Kung sa kawalan na naman ng gagawin that day, ha ha ha! Trip trip na naman uli. I think with the new job that I am given ituon ko na lang muna ‘yung atensyon ko dito.”

Nikki will soon join Entertainment Live as a new co-host. She just signed a new contract with ABS-CBN, and included in this deal are other projects in the Kapamilya network. “Meron pang ibang shows na pinaplano. Part siya ng bago kong contract. Pero they’re still planning so baka as of now hindi pa pwede sabihin. May teleserye. Abangan na lang natin. I’m excited to find out what these projects are. I’m happy na I’m staying as a Kapamilya.”

This dispels rumors that she is leaving ABS-CBN despite her recent departure from the Star Magic family, the talent management arm of the Kapamilya network. “There were talks, of course, because at that time my contract with Star Magic just ended. Kung ano man ‘yung naging talks, manager ko na lang ang magkukwento. But all I can say is I have been a Kapamilya for five years and I’m glad that I’m still part of the family.”

Guys may teleserye daw!!
    bida sana baka w/ sam & sarah yung ala glee? hmmm bagay c nikki dun

@iloveruffag My girls and I enjoyed LEGALLY BLONDE! Worth every penny spent. Congrats 2 the cast n @nikkigil...GALING MO! Beautiful,talented n smart!

@annecurtissmith Congratulations to the whole staff of Legally Blonde! Enjoyed myself thoroughly! But most especially congratulations to @nikkigil you were absolutely superb! I'm so proud of you!!!! Beauty, brains, talent and such a beautiful voice!!! ♡ I love you bantot!!! Congratulations again!!!

@iyavillania Just watched Legally Blonde!!!! It was soooo much fun and I'm sooooo proud of @nikkigil!!! Enjoyed it so much that I'm gonna watch again!!!

@xtianbautista
    @nikkigil was amazing in legally blonde the musical! Catch the last weekend next week!

@RealDonitaRose
    Congrats to @nikkigil and the cast of LB for an amazing performance. I was laughing all throughout!!!

@carmensoo oh ya! watched Legally Bonde the Musical last night....its so enjoyable guys go watch it!! Well done Nikki Gil!

@miriamq
    Just finished watching @nikkigil at Legally Blonde w/ @iloveruffag & @therealdonitarose. Such a fun musical to watch! The cast was amazing!
    @quarklovesyou saw Legally Blonde the musical last night. there's 1 weekend left,i suggest you buy tickets now. @nikkigil and @jennyjamora are PHENOMENAL

@bodiecruz
    Great show! Congrats @genevacruzmusic and @nikkigil!
    Last edited by angielove; Jul 13, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

@janine012 @nikkigil i've seen yoiur musical last sunday and you were so amazing.. i mean, AMAZING.. i really enjoyed the whole show... God bless! =)

@MavTweeting @nikkigil Saw Legally Blonde last sat, you are awesome! Congrats! Will there be a musical cd? Yey!

@chimanimbo got back from legally blonde, awsome show! @BLONDEinMNL @nikkigil

@lhYndZleNiHaN i just watched "Legally Blonde" yesterday. and it's OHMYGOD,YOUGUYS!!! @nikkigil is so fantabulous!!!

@imesaynaive
    That was great! @nikkigil @nyoyvolante so amazing! Grabe! Waiting for the Act Two. :-)

@gwenjcarino Catch Legally Blonde at the Meralco Theater until July 18. Such a funny and entertaining musical! @nikkigil is an awesome revelation!

@franzraimund "Omigod you guys!" Just came home after watching Legally Blonde: The Musical! It was FANTASTIC! And @nikkigil was beyond amazing!! SO GOOD!!

@zsaris Omigod you guys! Legally Blonde was amazing! @nikkigil was awesome! <3

@martinjgonzales
    Bend and snap! Enjoyed watching Legally Blonde the Musical! Nikki Gil FTW!

@unperfect28
    @nikkigil you are great! i enjoyed the play..now lets do some bendin and snappin! ye!

@itsmekikoy Bend & Snap, Two Thumbs Up for Legally Blonde The Musical. Nikki Gil is great performer as Elle Woods.

@PatrickGaerlan Just finished watching Legally Blond at Meralco. Production was top notch. Nikki Gil was an amazing Elle. Rest of the cast was very good too

@jetvalle
    Oh my god @nikkigil you and the rest of the cast were totally awesome in legally blonde!!

@karielisms
    @nikkigil Legally Blonde was great! Had fun watching with my cousins! Cast was magaling

@imesaynaive
    Hi miss Elle Woods @nikkigil! Last night was a blast! I love Elle

@doitzilicious
    @nikkigil watched it last nyt!! you were superb! superb! better than the original!!!

@squeekar
    Okay, I officially like @nikkigil now. She was great in Legally Blonde the Musical!..

@DaveSi
    Pretty impressed with Nikki Gil. She almost hit the sustained high note at the end of Legally Blonde's first act.

@attydonachi watched nikki gil's musical -legally blonde- at meralco theater last night..awesome! super galing ni nikki...beyond my expectation, really!

@BENasayao @annecurtissmith I enjoyed @nikkigil 's performance sa legally blonde yesterday. Woot!

@DaveSi
    @nikkigil Just saw your performance on Legally Blonde. You were magnificent! I was really surprised that you hit all the right notes! Bravo!

@doitzilicious
    super enjoy watching Legally blonde last nyt starring @nikkigil !! ganda! enjoy puyat pakkk!

@DaveSi Laura Bell Bundy is a tough act to follow (she was the original Elle Woods on Broadway) but I think Nikki does a good job.

@DaveSi Pretty impressed with Nikki Gil. She almost hit the sustained high note at the end of Legally Blonde's first act.

@DaveSi @tjbv LOL. The wig is distracting...but she's actually pretty.

Nikki Gil gleeful for Charice's 'Glee' casting
    By Reyma Buan-Deveza, abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 07/12/2010 3:48 PM | Updated as of 07/12/2010 3:48 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Actress-singer Nikki Gil has praised international singing sensation Charice for bagging a role in the next season of the hit US musical series "Glee."

In an interview with abs-cbnNEWS.com, Gil, who also sent her audition video for "Glee," said she's proud that a Filipina performer such as Charice was able to pass the audition.

"I am very, very proud kasi at least one of ours (ay) nakapasok. You know, siyempre it will always make you proud that we are represented. And I think that's the very reason why Karylle, Sam (Milby) and I tried out for it, just to be represented. It doesn't matter who gets in or not, gusto lang talaga natin na mayroong doong isang Pinay. And Charice did that for us and on an even bigger scene, bigger than Glee. She's famous beyond Glee. So I'm very, very happy," Gil said.

Gil also appealed to Charice's critics to stop pulling the teen singer down, but instead give her all the support she needs.

"Huwag, huwag tayong ganoon. That's crab mentality that we should all get rid off. Kung gagawin nating Biblical, hindi ba sabi nga we are army huwag nating ia-attack ang kapwa nating soldier, suportahan lang. At least we are represented and by someone who is extremely talented, hindi lang basta-basta na talent. She's definitely world class and I'm happy. Huwag tayong ganoon," Gil said.

Gil, who sent her video audition last April, said she doesn't feel bad that she wasn't able to land a role in the show.

"Oo naman, we just took our chance. Nakapambahay pa nga ako ng kinuhanan ko 'yon. Alam mo, 'yon talagang hinitsa ko lang diyan at malay mo, ang dami daming nag-audition pang-ilang araw pa lang parang hundred thousand na. So seriously, what are the chances of me getting in? Pero wala lang, trip lang. I don't feel bad not at all," she said.

Gil is the newest co-host of ABS-CBN's weekly entertainment show, "Entertainment Live (E-Live)."

Aside from "E-Live," Gil is still performing in the musical theater show "Legally Blonde," which will run until July 18.

Last week, Gil signed an exclusive contract with ABS-CBN, putting to rest rumors that she will be moving to GMA-7.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt238/angielove_27/n-22.jpg

@vivalamargarita Nikki Gil is sososo good omg.

@iamsamgadiane @annecurtissmith i watched it din w/ Tito Mario Hernando! it's a lovely play! funny rin si Nikki Gil!

@StudioDizon Good for her!!! Nikki Gil has my respect. Good luck to your musical theater career!

@MERDV
    Told you I'll watch it! =)) HIHI. Very very successful!!! Nikki Gil was uber great!!!! I miss HS tuloy. )

Philippines, be safe! NILLYs take care!! ..

hi guys
    yey!!! new pics!!
    thanx!!

anj, galing naman.
    its just super awesome to know that so many peepz LOVED Nikki as Elle Woods. im sooo proud of Niks and i know naman from the very start that she will be great.

Congats Niks for ELIVE.
    So this means, NILLYs weekend are always fully booked na.

Be Safe Y'all!!!
    Inggat kayo kay Basyang (Tama?)

xoxo
    Chingarooh

I'm so proud of you, Niks!
    You deserve every applause...
    You're an amazing talent!

Keep up the good work, girl!

Seguro, ilang tulog na na lang, I'll be watching you na sa Broadway! New York City, ha! LOL!

Best regards to your family and Billy!

Love you so much, girl. I miss you.

NILLYs, loving and missing you!

Quote Originally Posted by dwama_queen View Post
    hi guys
    yey!!! new pics!!
    thanx!!

anj, galing naman.
    its just super awesome to know that so many peepz LOVED Nikki as Elle Woods. im sooo proud of Niks and i know naman from the very start that she will be great.

Congats Niks for ELIVE.
    So this means, NILLYs weekend are always fully booked na.

Be Safe Y'all!!!
    Inggat kayo kay Basyang (Tama?)

xoxo
    Chingarooh
    Hey, girly girl! Missing you hella lot!

WOW! NASA ELIVE NA SI NIKKI!
    Galing naman!
    Salamat naman...

Now I have something to look forward to sa E-Life! Yey!

Take care, ching.

Take care, Philippines.

Page 223 of 252 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 222 223 224 233 ... LastLast