Hard Gainers Thread (weight gain) | Body and Fitness | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... Last

Cool Hard Gainers Thread (weight gain)

I noticed na may ilang hiwalay hiwalay na thread on how to gain weight so I though of creating this thread so that moving forward ay madali na makakuha ng info ang mga gusto mag gain ng weight.

This thread are for Ectomorphs or the so called Hard Gainers:
    Ectomorph - An ectomorph is a typical skinny guy, “payatot” in tagalog. Ecto’s have a light build with small joints and lean muscle. Usually ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. Shoulders tend to be thin with little width.

Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight. They have a fast metabolism which burns up calories very quickly. Ecto’s need a huge amount of calories in order to gain weight. No matter what he or she eats, always seem to remain the same body weight.

Let me also take time to promote my blog. Its solely for information, wala po akong binebenta or kung ano man. Kung ang ibang bloggers at nag boblog about chismis or their daily affairs or whatever, regarding what I did on how to gain weight naman ang trip ko.

I conceptualized a blog for fellow ectomorphs. Ectomorphs are the so called “hardgainers”. If you are tired of being referred to as a skinny guy, you’ll find helpful tips on my blog on how to gain weight, look better, or however you want to put it.

There are a lot of materials on how to loose weight. I found that there is less emphasis on people who are concerned on how to gain weight. When I myself wanted to have information on how to gain weight, I had a hard time looking for it. I went to a lot of bookstores but the only materials I could find are for loosing weight. Even online, there are some tips which are not suitable for hardgainers like me. That’s the reason why I made my blog.

here's the link: http://ectonomore.blogspot.com/

I hope it helps..

To all ectos out there, post your questions here. There are a lot who would be more than glad to help you out in reaching your desired goals.

Power!!!

Note lang, ther are also endos that are hard gainers... they put on fat rather quickly but struggle to put on muscle
    As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.

From "As a Man Thinketh" By James Allen

got you there daddy blake este blakedaddy pala...

im sure that you would be a big part of this thread as well for those who are in need of help

i read about it sa isang magazine ectomorph,mesomorph, and endomorph..

i think pag mesomorph (Medium) no problem mag weight gain and weight lose easy breezy.. correct me if im wrong..

Ectomorph= Rain (kpop Singer) / Manny Pacman
    Mesomorph= Diether OCampo / Jake Cuenca
    Endomorph= BRock Lesnar / Batista

Ectomorph= Rain (kpop Singer) / Manny Pacman
    Mesomorph= Diether OCampo / Jake Cuenca
    Endomorph= BRock Lesnar / Batista
    wrong wrong wrong

let's make things clear to begin with...

1. Nowadays it is rare that one is a pur somatotype.. One somatotype is predominant but the other somatotype characteristics are visible

for example... payat ka but you're not that lean, mejo soft ka and may kaunting tiyan... you're an ecto, endo mix

another example... you're muscular and stay lean bu you're not too bulky, ecto-meso mix ka

another example... mejo muscular ka, bulky and a bit soft on some parts, meso-endo mix ka....

and another thing.. most of the magazines give misleading information
    As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.

jake and diet mesomorph? lol.

blakedaddy i used to be a pure ecto....now na malaman nako, ibig saihin ba nun ecto-meso mix na ako?

dati i possessed all the characteristics of an ecto the way i described it....ngayon naman i possess the characteristics of an ecto-meso mix the way that you described it?

^ yup you're a mix by now...

wow ayos....that confirmation made me feel better and more motivated to keep at it

thanks blakedaddy

^ More than welcome

a nice but funny quote from my boxing coach 1992 Olympics Bronze medalist Roel Velasco

Practice makes perfect.. but nobody's perfect so why practice?.... Nobody's perfect but practice makes you better

lebron james used to be an ectomorph

sa palagay ko wala namang ecto/endo eh. nasa sa lifestyle mo yan.

ah ic.. anyway pag-kaalam ko kasi pag mesomorph yung mga medium built na body and yung endo yung mga ali peek then yung ecto mga ala mac mac cardona. anyway if your dedicated naman sa workout mo. Anyone can achieve yung goal nila

sir blake??..may mga tips ka ba jan to gain wieght??..ang problem ko kasi is mahina ako kumain..lalo na ngayon graduating ako..wala ako time to visit the gym..

a palagay ko wala namang ecto/endo eh. nasa sa lifestyle mo yan.
    Actually, meron... I had a colleague during my internship that was an ecto/endo mix... He had difficulty gaining weight and muscle but would gain fat rather easily... This was despite his good work ethic and respectable eating habits

sir blake??..may mga tips ka ba jan to gain wieght??..ang problem ko kasi is mahina ako kumain..lalo na ngayon graduating ako..wala ako time to visit the gym..
    maya't maya ka kumain... You have time to go to the gym... its all about time management... You can do 20-30 minute workouts twice a week if pressed for time

Nice explanation and description of the various somatotypes (body types) and the mixed body types given by Blakedaddy!

I have to say though that if you started off supposedly as an ectomorph (thin person) and ended up an ecto-mesomorph or a mesophorph, then what you ended up being is actually what you genetically were born into, di mo lang alam kasi you didnt train yet or train well enough to bring out your real genetic potential. This would apply to any other somatotype or mix of it.

Thats why only good and proper training for a length of time will reveal what body type you truly have. I myself was born an ecto-mesomorph (my relatively great lack of size and strength in my arms and chest highlight my ectomorphic tendency).

How about me blakedaddy

I'm pretty confused... Mabilis ako mag weight lose and mabilis din mag gain ng fats... I mean 3 years ago Nung nag gym ako Nag lost ako ng 38lbs in 1 1/2 month, i only worked out 3 or 4x/week.. eh Nag ka gf hindi na ako natuloy nun i mean na willy na ako eh from 210lbs nun... after 5 years nmin ng gf ko nag timbang ako 240 na ako. . . And natural *** lapad ng shoulders ko... san ako dun hehehe
    Ecto, Meso, Endo?? Mix?? hehe

Coach, I think the June 2009 Menshealth issue started this ecto-meso-endo stereotypes. People are now blaming their genes because they realize that they cannot achieve their desired bodies without sacrificing too much (eating their hearts out, lazy to train). IF you will think that your genetic make-up will hinder you from achieving your fitness goals, then be more dedicated in your training and diet. I bet our genetics cannot defeat our determination to achieve our goals

How about me blakedaddy

I'm pretty confused... Mabilis ako mag weight lose and mabilis din mag gain ng fats... I mean 3 years ago Nung nag gym ako Nag lost ako ng 38lbs in 1 1/2 month, i only worked out 3 or 4x/week.. eh Nag ka gf hindi na ako natuloy nun i mean na willy na ako eh from 210lbs nun... after 5 years nmin ng gf ko nag timbang ako 240 na ako. . . And natural *** lapad ng shoulders ko... san ako dun hehehe
    Ecto, Meso, Endo?? Mix?? hehe
    Eto nalang.. what is your physique like pag di ka mag exercise? or how did you look nung 18 ka?? that will give you an idea

Coach, I think the June 2009 Menshealth issue started this ecto-meso-endo stereotypes. People are now blaming their genes because they realize that they cannot achieve their desired bodies without sacrificing too much (eating their hearts out, lazy to train). IF you will think that your genetic make-up will hinder you from achieving your fitness goals, then be more dedicated in your training and diet. I bet our genetics cannot defeat our determination to achieve our goals
    Genes dictate how lucky (or unlucky) we are when it comes to building our bodies... but of course, constant hard work and eating habits are a must if we want to achieve our goals??

Modesty aside, who would have thought that a 8th month premature kid with underdeveloped lungs and was very skinny and frail 90% of his life would be able to reach a decently fit body? In all honesty, I don't have a very high drive (its moderate at most) and my genetics are average... it required a lot of hard work and smart training... that's why i believe a lot of people can achieve their goals since I did it

^
    It really requires time, effort, and determination to achieve our goals. What is lacking in most of us is patience (I'm guilty on this one). We tend to think this goal of ours (to become fit) could be done in a short period of time.

This is why I don't try to box myself in this genetic classifications. based on my genetic make-up, I'm an endo but a hard gainer of muscle (I tend to store fat quickly than muscle). All I know is that, as long as I'm consistent with my training I'll achieve my goal one step at a time.

OT: BTW, I saw your pic back then when you're still a skinny dude! I think if you post your before and after pics here in this thread, people will be more determined and inspired to really train hard. Just my two cents.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... Last