PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: DLSU Notches First Win

Jason Perkins drained big baskets in the clutch to help DLSU escape NU 57-55 and notch their first win in the UAAP Season 77.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

FIBA Worlds Special Feature

PEx's resident local hoops guru, Jay P. Mercado, ranks the greatest RP teams in the "open basketball" era.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

Calling all vigilantes in PEx!

Are you vigilant and always ready for action? This is your chance to be a "PEX POLICE"

read more

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
    for the price range 800k+ il definitely go for a top of the line altis or lancer EX tested na kasi mga cars na ito, also availability and durability of spare parts would be an issue

un chevy aveo (subcompact) ng friend ko, once pa lang sya nagpupunta ng casa for a PMS pero laki ng gastos. Mahal ata talaga parts and service ng chevy dito

Maganda naman ang Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LS over sa bare na Altis.Lancer EX eh sobrang mahal at malakas sa gas!

3. Jul 5, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Reason
    Spam

lancer ex GLX 990k 155HP
    altis 900-950k 141HP
    chevy cruze 800-900k 141HP

price a bit low for cruze but definitely sasakit ulo mo sa maintenance and parts availability

sure yan

Mura nalang ang PMS at parts sa dealers mismo lalo na TCCCI na ang mayari ng GM Philippines kaya panalo talaga ang Cruze!

Chevrolet Cruze

Any thoughts about the Chevrolet Cruz...they are dubbing it as Chevrolet's "New Hope".

Saw the ad and the reviews. Looks promising.

8. Advertisement

which ones did you read janon 10?

I'm comparing this to the Altis (the one that will be released in Sep '10)

According to the print ad, the Cruze was subjected to extreme driving conditions and has circled the globe 160 times! 6 speed tranny and all the bells and whistles. It was featured on Top Gear recently and was pitted head with the current Civic.

Although I would still choose a jap sedan for its availability of parts and resale value. The Altis would be the boring but safer choice.

high maintenance car, just like its prede. the Optra....

Pexer since '05 letsrockandroll's Avatar
    ^^ nope. my brother owns a Chevy Cruze LT. magagastos lang niya for PMS nasa 3 k lang daw? based on quotations. every 10k kms ang change oil.

^ yeah I heard that one too, the PMS is after 10k and its not expensive daw since the Cruze here is the same as the ones sold in Korea so di gaano mahirap kunin ang parts.

Hoping to hear more from Cruze owners since I am seriously considering between this and the new altis (Grand altis)

Pexer since '05 letsrockandroll's Avatar
    The new altis is boring.

but then again, that is just me

kung Civic vs Cruze, then that is debatable. hehehe

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/JASANGEL2007/jasry/10ThingsBG_03.jpg

i prefer the civic ... after 5 to 7 yrs pahirapan na ang parts niya chevy .. at ang resale value ng civic ay mas mataas compare to any american car in the philippines ....

^Same thoughts. Its hard to be tied to Chevrolet for maintenance parts after a few years. At least with a Jap brand, you'll have choices of replacement, surplus or OEM.

Since the Cruze is a new platform, bugs/defects can come out in about 3 years. If they can provide a 5 year warranty then maybe its worth considering.

Now the Altis, it looks nice, IMO. But when you see it in other countries as taxis, its like seeing your crush wearing cheap, dirty clothes.

I took the Cruze out for a test drive a few weeks back. The handling and engine responsiveness is better in the Civic.

I was also disappointed with the mileage. The Cruze unit I drove was running at 5.5km/l. Even less than the 3.5Q Camry I drive!

That was the dealbreaker for me considering we wanted a small car for good fuel economy.

^ even for a break in fc figures, that's awfully high.

weeks from now, ford fiesta naman ang ila-launch...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs601.snc3/31664_1297785560126_1094981027_30698713_5453783_n.jpg

Yeah good point man, the only negative I have about the Cruze is that it will fail the "5 years from now" test (resale and long term maintenance).

On another note, di naman siguro masama gawin taxi and kotse, I rode E220 Mercedes (SG) and Ford Explorer taxis (US). Iba lang kase perception natin ng taxi sa Pinas.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_10 View Post
    ^Same thoughts. Its hard to be tied to Chevrolet for maintenance parts after a few years. At least with a Jap brand, you'll have choices of replacement, surplus or OEM.

Since the Cruze is a new platform, bugs/defects can come out in about 3 years. If they can provide a 5 year warranty then maybe its worth considering.

Now the Altis, it looks nice, IMO. But when you see it in other countries as taxis, its like seeing your crush wearing cheap, dirty clothes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3