PEx Highlights

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

PHOTOS: Lady Spikers Win in Opening Tiff

The DLSU Lady Spikers opened their campaign with an impressive four-set win over the Adamson Lady Falcons, 25-23, 24-26, 25-14, 25-17.

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Takes Care of UP in 3 Sets

The FEU Lady Tamaraws easily dispatched the UP Lady Maroons in a three-set victory, 25-14, 26-24, 25-20

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

I heard a story that the late actress Pepsi Paloma had three show biz personalities charged with rape. The two that I remember were Vic Sotto and Joey Deleon. Who was the third? Does anyone know what the story was about this incident?

Thanks,

Tension

Banned by Admin

Talking

baka si RITCHIE d HORSIE

Talking

Baka si Tito Sotto... Tito, Vic and Joey di ba?

Joke... I don't remember the rape story, but I remember that she committed suicide daw.
    Or mali pa ba yon???

Talking

Oo nga... what happened to her? Someone told me about that rape story, too.

Talking

Originally posted by tension
    I heard a story that the late actress Pepsi Paloma had three show biz personalities charged with rape. The two that I remember were Vic Sotto and Joey Deleon. Who was the third? Does anyone know what the story was about this incident?

Thanks,

Tension
    The three CHARGED for RAPE by the late Teenage Bomba Star Pepsi Paloma in the 1980s were TV/movie comedians Joey de Leon, Vic Sotto and Richie The Horsie.

The Rape Charge was later withdrawn by Pepsi after the THREE publicly apologized to Pepsi on TV.

Later I read in the papers that Pepsi committed suicide.

Thumbs down

i saw her featured on the tv show PIPOL, channel 2. at age 16 she accuse vic sotto, ritchie the horsie, and joey de leon of rape. her lawyer was rene cayetano pa nga. the case was settled out of court... they paid her P300,000(not sure of this figure but thats what i remember) to desist from pursuing the case. she agreed but included a public apology in the conditions: thus the 3 apologized to pepsi paloma on television.
    after that incident, no producer wanted to get pepsi paloma for their shows (kasi bigatin sila vic, joey...lalo na at that time they were at the height of their popularity). she was blacklisted.
    ayun after that nagpakamatay na.

Talking

thanks for all the responses.

One question. Shouldn't it been Joey de Leon, Vic Sotto and Ritchie The Horsie who got blacklisted and suffer the repercussions?

Thumbs up

Pwedeng pelikula ito ah! "Sweet Tragedy: The Pepsi Paloma story" okey ba?
    At alam ko na kung sinong gaganap bilang Pepsi Paloma: Si Rica Peralejo!! Ayos, ba cho?!

Talking

Siopao Man,

So, who would play Vic Sotto, Joey de Leon, etc?

Maybe themselves?

Question

so you mean to say talagang rinape si Pepsi Paloma nina
    Vic, Joey and Ritchie?

Talking

Originally posted by bLaCk
    Vic, Joey and Ritchie?
    It was in the newspapers in the 80s.

Unhappy No one in showbiz will admit this

After the public apology, Pepsi Paloma became some sort of persona non grata in the showbiz world, and never received an offer to star in local productions. This sudden disappearance from the limelight could be the reason for the suicide.

Talking

ya i remember hearing about the rape story when i was a kid and it's been in my mind eversince. never forgot it. if it's true, how could people look the other way? i mean, it's not such a trivial matter, ya know.

Talking

Originally posted by bLaCk
    Vic, Joey and Ritchie?
    Akala siguro ni Joey de Leon, Vic Sotto at Richie D'Horsie na porque BOMBA star si Pepsi Paloma - puede na nilang i-RAPE.

Arrow

wow. i can't believe that happened!

Ngayon ko lang nalaman ang kaso na ito! Grabe....

Not exactly a TVJ fan (especially Tito Sen whose political beliefs I disagree with) but let's clear things first. Pepsi Paloma's death wasn't caused by the alleged rape case and alleged subsequent settlement. The timeline will bear it out:

The supposed rape happened in 1982. Paloma has had a couple of pictures in the past - mostly R-rated ones where she showed her ample bosoms despite being underage or below 18. None of these films can be described as critically-acclaimed - as they were done with a low budget but enough to give Paloma a couple of bucks to tide her over. She was obviously taken advantage of by her manager, Rey Dela Cruz, as a minor like her shouldn't even be appearing in such type of films.

But there's absolutely no truth that Paloma didn't get any offers after the incident. She came out in other R-rated films - most notably Celso Ad Castillo's Virgin People where she was given recognition by critics for her acting. She followed this up with another Celso Ad film, Snake Sisters, where she was also recognized. She had a few more films after this, including a forgettable Temyong Marquez film, Room 69, which can be best described as a B-movie.

To allude Paloma's suicide to the alleged rape is gross speculation and baseless. Paloma's death came 3 years after the case - and she became a critically-recognized actress after the said incident. What many wouldn't know, particularly those who weren't even born or were infants during that time, was that Paloma was already heavily dependent on drugs by then, again as a result of Dela Cruz's prodding to have her strip naked with practically nothing on. Paloma wasn't able to handle her popularity and success, resorting to drugs and other illegal substances. She died penniless - because of the exploitative ways of her manager. The same manager who took advantage of the likes of Sarsi Emmanuel, Myra Manibog, Coca Nicolas, Brandy Ayala, among many others. The one actress that Dela Cruz handled but was able to find her niche in showbiz and steer clear from all the seedy characters around was no other than Rio Locsin. Locsin may have started her career as a bold star but she graduated to becoming one of the finest actresses of her generation.

Yeah, even if the rape case had nothing to do with her suicide, this is still a disgusting and really disturbing story.
    But also sadly interesting, especially with that "urban legend" about that Eraserheads song.

sa SULO hotel nangyari ang krimen, si Vic lang ang nang rape, sina joey at ritchie ay pangmomolestiya lang ang naging kaso doon sa isa pang starlet named guada guarin... teka, bakit nabuhay na naman itong thread

Insecure sa success ng My Little Bossings.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast