I'm doing a mini giveaway on my blog. here's the link. Open to current and former Thomasians.
Thank you very much!
The absence of Maruja Banaticla from the lineup of the UST Golden Tigresses has made ripples in the volleyball world.read more
While we don't espouse violence, one can't help get more adrenaline watching the game when you see players go at each other at all costs.read more
Jessy Mendiola's time is here. Patiently waiting for her turn in the spotlight, she is proof that good things come to those who wait.read more
Get a chance to win advanced screening tickets to The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug!read more
The Meralco Bolts relied on speed and heavy defense to shock the Barangay Ginebra squad and win 100-87.read more
At last may nakita na kong thread para sa College of Tourism and Hospitality Management...
My son passed the exam and for interview na sya for BS Hotel and Rest.Management. Can anyone help me on the ff. questions I have in mind :
1. Magkano more or less ang tuition sa course na to, esp. during the first year?
2. Magastos ba tong course na to?
3. ano anong questions ang tinatanong during the interview?
4. Need na bang dalhin and bayaran *** P5,000 on the day of the interview?
5. Mahal ba mga books sa course na to? may nabibili ba sa UST mismo?
6. Pag first year pa lang, ano usually schedule ng classes?morning or afternoon?
7. white din ba uniform nila?
Any response or reply will be truly appreciated. (ako nagppanic for my son hehehe).
1. Most likely it's 30K++ due to lab subjects and expect it to reach 40K++ come 3rd year and 4th year.
2. Opo, medyo magastos in a sense na may :
Events management (wherein each class needs to organize an actual event in relation to the current trends in their program. First year pa lang po nagiipon na yung class for this pero for 3rd or 4th year pa siya) Feasibility studies, then yung students po minsan bibili ng ingredients for Lab subjects , pero yung mga main ingredients kasama na sa tuition. Then may international and domestic tour din po pero pwede namang di sumama, bibigyan lang ng project.
3. Usually po the questions are: Why you choose to study in UST/Or why do you want to be a Thomasian? Why HRM? What do you want to be after you graduate? Expections of the program? Then some questions na related sa background and Highschool activities. Before one-on-one lang po, I don't know kung panel na siya ngayon. Professors often base their grades on the person's character and the manner questions have been answered.
4. For that matter, it would be better to call the CTHM office to be sure. What's the Php5000 for po pala?
5. Depende po sa subject.It can range from Php200-700. Usually po mahal yung books ng Science subjects pero most professors don't require students to buy new books. Kadalasan, sa labas po ng UST mahahanap yung reference, ibibigay lang ng prof yung name ng book and author. Pwede po niyang iphotocopy na lang yung important pages ng book if mas tipid, he can also look for it sa vast collection ng UST library, sa UST publishing house kung meron or buy secondhand books from Morayta and Recto na in good condition pa naman. Minsan may mga higher batch na nagbebenta ng books na nagamit na nila in a much lower price.
Ganun po ginagawa ng karamihan sa students ng UST. Diskarte lang po talaga.
6. Ngayon po morning yung schedule nila pero still subject to change. When we were in first year, morning yung class namin then naging afternoon pagdating ng 3rd and 4th year. Malalaman po yung sched upon enrollment. Nakaindicate yung sched sa registration form.
7. Royal Blue po yung uniform: blue pants and vest, white polo inside then may mint green neck tie. Like this: May lab uniform din po sila na checkered yung pants. You can ask the dean's office for more info about the sketch or kung meron silang accredited na mananahi.
May Freshmen Orientation po for students and parents pag start ng school year. You'll be briefed about the program later on.
Your son is very lucky to have a supporting mom like you. Hope he can have the privilege to be a Thomasian too. He'll surely learn a lot from the university. Best of luck!
Thank you so much for your very informative advice(and for the others who gave their inputs in this thread)! Yup sana nga maging Thomasian sya this coming school year.(at sana makaya ko tuition)
Hi guys! I have some questions about CTHM-HRM rules/policies.
I'm going to shift from AB to CTHM-HRM. I'm an incoming sophomore btw.
I heard that CTHM is quite strict when it comes to their uniform/dress code, so I'm kind of wary of the fact that I have tattoos on both wrists. I can easily hide it with a watch and a bangle bracelet, but are tattoos really prohibited in the college? I would also like to know if dyed hair is a no-no in the college, too, since I have a dyed hair albeit not to the extreme color.
I have been very comfortable in AB because of it's leniency when it comes to certain things. Could you please give me more info about CTHM? You know.. so that I wouldn't get culture shocked. LOL.
Thank you in advance!
Most prof po hindi required ang books. May chef's uniform po by 2nd sem. Around 1k po yun. May shoes na din po na mabibili dun para sa lab yun po yung required pero may iba po na sa labas bumibili kasi mahal po. By 2nd sem. po 1st sem. morning lang po sila pero by 2nd sem. whole day na po. Minsan po may 7am to 7pm. May ganun po kasi kaming sched. Last sem. 2 na po kasi yung lab by 2nd sem. cookery po and com. lab.
Yes hindi mo din maitatago ang tattoo especially sa laboratory classes and most especially practicum, pero hindi din ako familiar sa tattoo policy ng CTHM kahit graduate na ko haha. One basic policy din in most hospitality establishments ay walang visible tattoos dapat especially kung may direct customer/guest interaction.