NSYNC or Backstreet boys? - Page 3 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

Page 3 of 19 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last

Kudos nina_bel! Goddamn right none of the above. They don't know squat about musical instruments, and they don't write their own lyrics. And you call them musicians? Hah, borlesque dancers more like.

People = Sheep

Talking

Backstreet Boys.

Ilan lang ang gusto kong kanta ng NSYNC

Talking

An big edge that *N Sync has over BSB is that the group can actually sing in harmony, like what someone said earlier. They also play a huge role in choosing the people they want to work with, as shown by the material in their new album. FYI: There are serious negotiations for N Sync to collaborate with Bloodhound Gang ('The Bad Touch' singers) to do a song together.

BTW, have you guys heard their collaboration with Joe? It's great!

Talking

Originally posted by SaintofKillers:
    Kudos nina_bel! Goddamn right none of the above. They don't know squat about musical instruments, and they don't write their own lyrics. And you call them musicians? Hah, borlesque dancers more like.
    Obviously, I prefer *NSYNC over any other groups out there... though for the sake of it, I'm gonna try and support both *NSYNC and BSB for this one since the thread is mainly about these two groups.

You said that they don't know squat about musical instruments... how would you know?? Did you ever take some time to gather your facts??? I don't think so! Cause if you did, then you'd know that *NSYNC's Lance, Justin and JC can all play the piano. Chris have had experience playing the trombone. And along with Justin, Chris can also play the guitar. As for Joey, well, he had a fair share of playing the drums. As far as I know, Kevin of BSB also had his share musical instrument. His was the piano. And, if you did your research even further, then you'd realize that *NSYNC did play instruments on their "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" tour last year. So.... you tell me...what made you say that they don't know SQUAT about musical instruments? Why, cause you haven't seen them play instruments that it led you to believe that they're incapable of doing so???

What about this deal about them not writing their own music??? Hmmm...interesting. Now tell me... when was the last time you actually paid attention to what is written on the liner notes anyway??? Take a look...

Brian of BSB wrote THREE songs off their "Millenium" album and Kevin added onemore.

If you look at *NSYNC's debut album, you'll see that they penned a song on that one, and Justin and JC did it again for their Christmas album. Want more recent examples? Check out their latest album! JC wrote FOUR songs while Justin contributed with ONE. So, tell me, what was your point again for saying that they don't write their own songs???

[This message has been edited by Nsyncs Pinaylovr (edited 05-13-2000).]

Point. But you forgot to defend the only statement that is inexcusable. Amidst all the triple-f*cking-platinum selling albums they have, did they ever, under any circumstances write a single lyric for it. I bet not. They just sit their asses down on the couch rubbing oil on their chests and playing the piano, blah-blah-blah and then their jack-*** manager comes out and hands them the lyrics. You call those musicians? Hell, if I had to choose between Hanson and Backdoor Boys, I'd choose Hanson anytime. They play their instruments anytime, anyplace, any song, and they write their own lyrics....and their kids! I am the great big mouth...signing off.

People = Sheep

schizophrenic!

Wink

hey slow it down ok??... http://www.pinoyexchange.com/girl.gif

Talking

nagaaway na yata?
    hehehehehheheeh
    ec lang!

There is no conflict between the two parties. It is merely a discussion.

"I reign supreme in my own damn mind."
    - Bite Your Rhymes

the queen bee

Talking

well, in my own personal opinion, they are not artists in the best sense of the word. They lack the creativity and the vision of what TRUE musicians and artists are. When you look back 20 years from now, they will be just another group that go in and out of the music scene. Here's the thing, the beatles started out as a cute-sy boyband early on in their career but they did prove to be the best rock band ever later on. I do hope those who are into boybands would actually realize that they're fooling themselves to think that these guys are the best ever. There's so much more great music out there that show a lot of depth and substance. I have to admit, when i was 11 i was into new kids but THANK GOD that when i was a teenager, Nirvana and Pearl Jam came in or i would have to smack myself But as always, in the end of the day, to each his own.

the queen bee

Wink

just because i was forced to answer the question just recently, i would have to say Backstreet Boys just for the mere fact that they sang with Sting(THE man) in men strike back. And i think Kevin is a cutie...too bad he's getting married http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif

the queen bee

Talking

ayyyyyyy i have to share this
    i was in 6 flags great adventure during fright fest and there were these teens wearing this hysterical shirt..it had a big logo of nsync and it said "*nsuck"..bwahaha http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif u just gotta love it

Actually, Saint, "Larger Than Life" did have lyrics penned by BSB, and it was their second single. "I Want It That Way" also had some uncredited Brian Littrell lyrics. "The Perfect Fan" was also BSB-penned.

As for 'N Sync, JC Chasez wrote the lyrics for almost every song on "No Strings Attached."

Just because Louis Perlman hurls boy bands out every five seconds doesn't mean that these manufactured phenomena do not have songwriting ability. And, while far be it from me to take the side of every boy band that's popping out of this side of the Metro, I think it's below you to criticize boy bands in general because of one or two independent boy bands who can't write their own material.

IMHO, they're musicians, not artists. You can just take solace in the fact that nothing, especially boy bands, lasts forever. Just pop in your Slipknot CD, crank the volume on your headphones real loud, and drown out the tight harmonies and choreographed moves. It's not that difficult to do.

Talking

Originally posted by tr|n|ty:
    ayyyyyyy i have to share this
    i was in 6 flags great adventure during fright fest and there were these teens wearing this hysterical shirt..it had a big logo of nsync and it said "*nsuck"..bwahaha http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif u just gotta love it
    I can't stay long (damn Midterms!!), but I just have to say that I have an *NSUCK hat and one of my friends actually went to an *NSYNC concert wearing an *NSUCK shirt. Of course, she got some looks cause of it but she didn't mean any harm doing it cause she's a fan and besides, why can't their fans have fun wearing suck "logo" if the guys themselves are known of making fun of themselves. I mean, even Chris wore an *NSUCK hat on MTV!!!

Talking

Correct fina_bel!
    None of the above!
    There's just something too weird about
    grown men parading as boy band members! Yikes!
    And the lyrics are wayyyy too funky...funky as in gross-out.
    Did you see that skit that Conan O'Brien did on boy bands? Twas hilarious. He made a song right there and then, starting from the 2 most used (and abused) words in boy band songs: "Baby" and "I Wish". The song's title? "Baby, I wish you were my Baby".
    That about sums up boy band music.

Talking

Originally posted by Nsyncs Pinaylovr:
    I can't stay long (damn Midterms!!), but I just have to say that I have an *NSUCK hat and one of my friends actually went to an *NSYNC concert wearing an *NSUCK shirt. Of course, she got some looks cause of it but she didn't mean any harm doing it cause she's a fan and besides, why can't their fans have fun wearing suck "logo" if the guys themselves are known of making fun of themselves. I mean, even Chris wore an *NSUCK hat on MTV!!!

So, why do they make fun of themselves??? You are the right person to ask, right???

BTW, about gathering facts and all of that, I'm so sorry if we're not in to your all boys group to be gathering information about them....'coz obviously we don't give a flying f***!!!!

Thumbs up blair mitch!!!

[This message has been edited by fina_bel (edited 05-15-2000).]

Skin my Senses

Talking

whew!! init...

schizophrenic!

Wink

^
    |
    |
    |
    ako pala yun!!

Talking

Originally posted by fina_bel:
    So, why do they make fun of themselves???
    Generally speaking, hindi ba mas maganda na if you make fun of yourself than other people making fun of you??? Think about it. Para bang "if you can beat them, join them." Parang expected na naman for boybands to be made fun of, and it's their choice of either to take the joke personally or just play along with it. As for the boys of *NSYNC, they chose the latter.

Talking

Originally posted by Nsyncs Pinaylovr:
    Generally speaking, hindi ba mas maganda na if you make fun of yourself than other people making fun of you??? Think about it. Para bang "if you can beat them, join them." Parang expected na naman for boybands to be made fun of, and it's their choice of either to take the joke personally or just play along with it. As for the boys of *NSYNC, they chose the latter.

You meant "If you can't beat them, join them.

Page 3 of 19 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last