World Vision Philippines | PEx Gives | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

World Vision Philippines

Fellow Pexers, Please consider sponsoring a child.

A World Vision sponsor can make a world of difference for poor children. As a sponsor, you help reduce the obstacles that poverty holds in the their paths.

Many World Vision sponsors have opened their hearts to support under-privileged children around the world. Yet, there are more children still left waiting for the hope that sponsorship offers.

Child sponsorship establishes a relationship, making a unique connection between a sponsor/donor and a poor child. It brings the reality of fighting poverty upclose as sponsors see how their kind-hearted contributions make a difference to the lives in the poor communities.

It only takes a pledge of P20 a day, P600 a month or P7,200 annually to help draw a suffering child away from poverty to a path of hope. (for Sponsors residing outside the Philippines, the rate is US$20.00 per month).

As you commit to sponsor a child, the regular amount you give will be pooled with other resources so more children, families and communities may benefit from the following:

1. Access to Education, Good health and Nutrition
    2. Values formation
    3. Child rights protection
    4. Children’s development and leadership training; and
    5. Community development projects

Through World Vision's Child Sponsorship program, you give the child a chance to experience a brighter future. Consider that now.

"Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness; Our Prayer for every heart, The Will to make it so."

http://www.worldvision.org.ph/
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=254111501726

bump!

<dolores.pinoyexchange.com>

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

dalawang kids na ni sponsoran ko dito. hopefully makapag dagdag ako ng isa pa by the end of this year.

World Vision Philippines

ako na man ill start this year
    1 lang muna

Aba may ganitong thread na pala dito! Malayo ang mararating niyo dito mga friends!

My batotoy is bibo!=p BatotoyBibo's Avatar
    Meron ako isang iniisponsor. Taga-Palawan.

Nice meeting you fellas.

Hope, through this thread, we can reach out to others to help our needy little ones sa mga far-off places na di nararating ng gobyerno.

Wow! I will try to sponsor one child this year. Talagang education is the key to a better future. Helping kids find quality education will help empower them to make informed and intelligent decisions for their future. Congratulations to all those who have and are already helping. I hope we can encourage more people to take a proactive stance on improving the lives of our poor countrymen.

Here is a website I found http://extendyourself.org/

This is a great site that contains a list of different organizations that are available in our country. Check the site out if you want to help but dont know what and how to help.

Im really hoping for a better Philippines.

napakaganda ng mithiin at layuning ito ng WVP at sa tamang paggabay nila at sa mga nagtataguyod upang sila'y mabigyan ng pagkakataon tulad ng mga ibang bata, Mabuhay kayo!!

Sana nga matupad nyo lahat ng Vision nyo na magkaroon ng mga mahuhusay na leaders ang bansa.

may mga nagsabi sa ibang forums na may scam ang World Vision? meron ba sa inyo nakakalalam kung totoo yan?
    may sponsored kid ako dito pero ilang bwan ko na hindi nahuhulugan.

Quote Originally Posted by combatron8 View Post
    may mga nagsabi sa ibang forums na may scam ang World Vision? meron ba sa inyo nakakalalam kung totoo yan?
    may sponsored kid ako dito pero ilang bwan ko na hindi nahuhulugan.
    I think by now, we all know that WV is legit. Credible media people and some celebrity will not endorse this if it is not legit. Aside from that, Efren Penaflorida used to be one of the sponsored kid. I think that is one of great proof that WV is worth supporting.

personally, I know world vision for 5 years na, I started 2007 but due to some financial problem I decided to stop muna. Pero ng nakarecover ako, sinimulan ko ulit. For now, I am on my 3rd year sponsoring a kid. I receive a regular update. It's a humbling experience everytime I read the letter from my sponsored kid. Maayos na syang magsulat at tumaas na yung grades nya. Nakakataba ng puso.

You guys inspire me. But have you ever encountered any problems with WV

Guys. Paano to? Like how much specifically yung ido-donate ko for a kid for a month? I am curious.

I feel blessed. Somehow, i think i wanna share din.

Quote Originally Posted by JobyBryant24 View Post
    Guys. Paano to? Like how much specifically yung ido-donate ko for a kid for a month? I am curious.

I feel blessed. Somehow, i think i wanna share din.
    Hi Joby, you can sponsor a child for about PHP600/month. Pero you have option to pay it quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Method of payment varies also. you can check there site for more info. You can check this site. http://worldvision.org.ph/forms/sponsorship/index.php

In my case, I have BPI kasi so use BPI Express online to have the monthly payment. but you can choose whatever is convenient to you. I've been supporting a kid in WV for 3 years now. And yung letter and status report of the kid keeps me grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCucumber View Post
    You guys inspire me. But have you ever encountered any problems with WV

Hindi naman problem, pero before kasi I'm using their automatic deduction sa credit card then yung partnership nila sa Payment facility na discontinued for a while. So muntik akong makamiss ng 1 month. Buti nalang very helpful yung donor associate nila, she helped me to find a way to make it convenient for me. So now, I'm using BPIexpressonline. Actually, I'm quite impressed sa team na nag hahandle ng mga donors. They have this periodical meet up for new and regular donors. If I remember it correctly, I attended yung Donor's Cafe(yun ata ang term nila) noong nasa Pinas pa ako. Masaya sya, tapos may umattend ng graduate ng WV sponsorship program na ngayon ay nag sponsor na din. Its a different vibe to meet same minded people.

anyway, why do you ask? May narinig or nabasa ka ba about it? I hope hindi naman personal experience.
    Last edited by jmarcko27; Dec 8, 2012 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarcko27 View Post
    Hi Joby, you can sponsor a child for about PHP600/month. Pero you have option to pay it quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Method of payment varies also. you can check there site for more info. You can check this site. http://worldvision.org.ph/forms/sponsorship/index.php

In my case, I have BPI kasi so use BPI Express online to have the monthly payment. but you can choose whatever is convenient to you. I've been supporting a kid in WV for 3 years now. And yung letter and status report of the kid keeps me grounded.
    Oh wow. Kaya naman pala. Noted bro. Ayusin ko yan next year come January.

This Mother's Day, let’s honor the moms in our life by sponsoring a child in her name

This Mother's Day, let’s honor the moms in our life by sponsoring a child in her name

Recently, World Vision had a culmination activity for Women and Young Children in Iloilo. A soon-to-be-mother, Jessica, was at the back, holding a pen and a piece of paper. She was writing her first letter to her child – yet to be born.

“While you were still in my womb, I would talk to you and pray that we will always be safe. Do you know how excited I am to see you? When you finally see the world, I pray that everything will be fine with you,” she started.

Mom’s-to-be always wonder will my child be healthy? Will they have my smile? Will they be successful? It’s amazing the concerns of mothers everywhere are similar. While mothers living in poverty also worry about these things, they worry about something that many mothers we know do not, like securing meals for their child or even education for their child.

This Mother’s Day, let’s honor the moms in our life by sponsoring a child in her name. Let her know that the gift will help ease the concerns of another mother in the Philippines so that her child will gain access to nutritious food, clean water, education, and health care. It will be a gift she will be proud to receive, especially since she passed on her desire to help change the world for the better.

There’s no better way to thank our mothers for the values they gave, the patience they showed, and the love they showered to their children. Consider purchasing an alternative gift this Mother’s Day and show her that they’ve learned to care from her. Honor your mom this Mother's day with a Child sponsorship under her name and we will also give a special Papemelroti Mother's Day card and P200 worth of GC from New Zealand Ice Cream. (First 20 sponsors only)

At the end of the culmination activity, Jessica completed the final part of her letter to her child and put it inside a bottle where she would give in the future.

“When you grow old, I hope you can read this. This is where I wrote how much I love you. Always remember that I loved you even when you were in my womb. When you grow up and I am old, know that I will keep on loving you.”

Join us in celebrating the life, love and loyalty of the moms in our life.

Sponsor a child and help change a life

Help children achieve their dreams

The best way to help a child overcome poverty and injustice is to help his community become a better place to grow up in. For a monthly giving of P600, you will help provide children, families and communities with access to: nutritious food, clean water, education, health care, livelihood opportunities and more.

As a World Vision sponsor, you can be part of one child’s remarkable journey because what you are doing is more than just a ‘hand out,’ it’s a ‘hand up,’ giving children and families the hope to change their lives.

How child sponsorship works?

Child sponsorship is an exciting journey of transformation – for the child you’re helping and for you – especially if you use all the tools available to help you bond with your sponsored child.

It works by linking a poor child to an individual/ group who is committed to give a regular gift of P600 a month per child or P7,200 a year. Your monthly pledge is pooled with those of other child sponsors in the Philippines and overseas. Pooling together resources/ donations enables World Vision to maximize the productivity of every peso. When you decide to sponsor a child, you’ll meet the child that you’ll be sponsoring by receiving a welcome kit that includes your sponsored child’s photo and profile, along with ways to connect and be updated with your new sponsored child.

Sponsorship fosters sustainability. World Vision plans and works alongside community members to help build healthy communities for children.

Why sponsor a child with World Vision?

For more than 55 years, World Vision in the Philippines helps transform a community through child sponsorship.

World Vision Child Sponsorship is our answer for a long-term solution to poverty that cripples families and steals hope from children. World Vision empowers, working together with local staff and community leaders help create healthy environment and hopeful futures for children and their families with essentials like education, skills training, nutrition food, agricultural assistance, safe water, and health care.

World Vision is accountable and committed to using all contributions to our work wisely and effectively. By leveraging or combining funds from child sponsors and other contributors, with government grants and goods donated by corporations, we ensure that all gifts entrusted to us have maximum impact.

World Vision is a highly-trusted organization that is accredited by the Department of Social Welfare and Development and Bureau of Internal Revenue which allows corporate sponsors and donors to avail of 100% tax-free credits from their cash donations to World Vision in the Philippines.

World Vision does not discriminate, serving the world’s poor regardless of a person’s religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. Our staff understands and respects the cultures in which they work.

World Vision is motivated by faith in Jesus Christ, World Vision workers serve the poor as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people.

Sponsor a Child Now

World Vision Philippines - Videos

World Vision Philippines: Who We are

We are a people committed to improve the lives of the country's most vulnerable families and children. With the support of Filipinos from all walks of life, we are able to respond to the disasters that challenged many of our countrymen.

This is who we are. Will you join us this year to bring hope and joy to the poorest of the poor communities in our country?

Automate your giving

Choose the easiest way to give.
    Through automated giving, donations are processed quickly with less bank charges and delays.
    This means your help reaches children, families and communities faster.

I'm a proud sponsor here. Nakakatuwa makatanggap ng letter from my sponsored kid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last