PEx Highlights

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Car Insurance

pwede ba hindi na ko kumuha ng TPL insurance sa renewal ng registration kung naka-comprehensive insurance ako???

Quote Originally Posted by porroy View Post
    pwede ba hindi na ko kumuha ng TPL insurance sa renewal ng registration kung naka-comprehensive insurance ako???
    Hindi pwede. Mandatory yan to register your car. It has a certificate (COC) which you must attach to your docs when you renew registration. Although your comprehensive would cover any bodily injury which the use of your vehicle might cause, the government mandates the TPL so as to ensure that all vehicles are covered against public (person) liability.

TPL vs. comprehensive insurance

TPL = Third party liability - covers human injury.

Comprehensive insurance - covers damage to other/your vehicle.

-Just_JT
    Two.different.things.

I think comprehensive insurance covers even the TPL. Thus Comprehensive? But sometimes, other insurance companies do not include it even automatically. Might as well check your Coverage. In my case, the insurance covers everything.

Re: TPL vs. comprehensive insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Jakobasti View Post
    I think comprehensive insurance covers even the TPL. Thus Comprehensive? But sometimes, other insurance companies do not include it even automatically. Might as well check your Coverage. In my case, the insurance covers everything.
    In my jurisdiction, the TPL is called a "green slip." It is a separate insurance cover to the comprehensive insurance.

The TPL is a requirement for registration of a motor vehicle. The comprehensive insurance is not.

-Just_JT
    And.then.there's.third.party.insurance.to.cover.third.party.damage.only.

It applies differently for every country. Sa pinas nga lang ako nakakita ng areglo system. Elsewhere, the insurance takes care of everything for you so you don't have to run after whoever this guy who damaged your car. Maybe you can pull out a finger at him or whatever just to release yor frustration. After all, perwisyo pa rin not being able to drive your car while it's under repair.

Yun nga lang, if it is proven that it was your fault, you had to pay a standard penalty of about $80, then the insurance takes care of the rest, may it be a total wreck us just a scratch.

kung covered ng comprehensive ko, does LTO will honor it???

Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    The TPL is a requirement for registration of a motor vehicle. The comprehensive insurance is not.

-Just_JT
    And.then.there's.third.party.insurance.to.cover.third.party.damage.only.
    Sa Pinas, TPL only covers third-party bodily injury and/or death. Walang property damage cover yon. No other similar coverage is mandated. While the Bodily Injury/Property Damage (BI/PD) cover of a comprehensive insurance also covers bodily injury, it may not be used in registering the vehicle.

In Pinas, the coverage period of the compre insurance does not always coincide with the period of TPL coverage. Ex: If you bought the new car in January '09, hence comprehensive would begin in January '09, but wanted to have a plate ending of 6 (June '09 registration), then your TPL period in the succeeding registrations would be a 12-month period beginning in July. Hence, the insurer would issue separate policies and Certificate of Cover for the compre and TPL.

kung covered ng comprehensive ko, does LTO will honor it???
    YES. Kailangan mo lang present ang TPL copy.

Kaya hindi yan lagi kasama sa comprehensive, pwede kasi sa iba ka kumuha ng TPL lalo na pagrush. May mga cases kasi na nakakalimutan magrenew agad ng insurance and kapag malapit na deadline ng registration, sa LTO(may mga nagbebenta ng TPL dun) na mismo sila kumukuha ng TPL, after na lang irerenew ang compre insurance.

eh paano kung sinabi ng taga-LTO na yung insurance validity ko is until such time lang hindi 12 months from the renewal period, i mean they might require na 1 year ang insurance...ano dapat sagot or gawin?
    Last edited by porroy; Jan 6, 2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typo error

eh paano kung sinabi ng taga-LTO na yung insurance validity ko is until such time lang hindi 12 months from the renewal period, i mean they might require na 1 year ang insurance...ano dapat sagot or gawin?
    E di use the old but still valid policy na may effect na "until such time", and buy a new one with validity that begins on the end of the old policy up to the month after the corresponding month of your plate ending. Example: Your TPL is from June 2007 to June 2010, but your plate ending is 1, hence you need to register in January. Your TPL is still at time of registration renewal and will be valid til June 2010, but LTO rquires 12 month TPL coverage. Therefore, you should by a TPL coverage of June '10 to Feb. 2011. The premium should be pro-rated to 8 months only. If 12-month premium is 1000, then 8 months would be 666.66 + taxes.

Smile car registration

patulong naman po, i lost my cr and now im seeking for duplicate. nagpunta po ako sa lto muntinlupa and dun ko po pinaayos. pag balik ko po dun ay nilipat na daw po ng dating may ari ang cr sa angeles pampanga, at may ipinakita po silang record(daw)from la loma na nagsasabing natransfer na sa angeles ang cr ng kotse. but when i checked the paper, ibang motor vehicle number naman at name ang nakalagay. san kaya o kanino po kaya ako dapat lumapit para malinawan ko talaga kung nasan ang cr ng kotse ko, kase kung pupunta naman ako ng angeles eh ang layo naman nun, taga cavite pa po ako. thanks po sa help niyo.

Quote Originally Posted by norz01 View Post
    patulong naman po, i lost my cr and now im seeking for duplicate... .
    You should have started a new thread, or sought a thread on lost CR.

Anyway, prepare an Affidavit of loss and attach pertient docs to it: Xerox of OR (with Orig) and CR (if existing), Deed of Sale (car is not registered to you?), and request for a duplicate CR from LTO Main in QC. Better call the agencies first for procedure so di sayang ang oras, pamasahe or gasolina mo. Follow their instructions na lang.

which insurance Company ba ang pwede ninyong mai recommend, nakakadala iyong sa amin, .................Prudential

16. Advertisement

Car and Property Insurance

Hi,

Protect your investments! Insure your Car or Home today with
    ORIENTAL ASSURANCE CORPORATION (OAC)

OAC is one of the major companies in the Philippine insurance market, with total assets of more than P1 billion.

Common insurance programs:

Car Insurance
    Protect your car from unforseen accidents and acts of God.
    Comprehensive cover against Loss or Damage to vehicle: Theft, Third Party Liability, Property Damage and Passenger Accidents. OAC is accredited with top motor shops and dealers.
    For a quotation, just send us a copy of your Car Registration.

Fire Insurance
    Protect your home from fire with an option to include the contents such as your appliances.
    Cover against loss or damage of property caused by fire or lightning and allied perils such as earthquake fire, earthquake shock, typhoon, flood, smoke, explosion, vehicle impact, falling aircraft, riot, strike, and malicious damage, burglary and business interruption.

Personal Accident Insurance
    Standard Personal Accident (PA), Keyman PA, Travel PA, Student PA, and Family PA plans cover Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Permanent Total Disability, Accidental Medical Reimbursement, Murder and Assault, Common Carrier Rider and Daily Hospital Income.

Send me a message or email me at insurance.inquire@yahoo.com for details.

"Refer us to your family and friends!"

Quote Originally Posted by balds View Post
    which insurance Company ba ang pwede ninyong mai recommend, nakakadala iyong sa amin, .................Prudential
    you may want to consider Standard Insurance, PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by rendaku View Post
    In Pinas, the coverage period of the compre insurance does not always coincide with the period of TPL coverage. Ex: If you bought the new car in January '09, hence comprehensive would begin in January '09, but wanted to have a plate ending of 6 (June '09 registration), then your TPL period in the succeeding registrations would be a 12-month period beginning in July. Hence, the insurer would issue separate policies and Certificate of Cover for the compre and TPL.
    My advise is to get a comprehensive insurance pro-rata ( less than 12 mos) up to the expiraton of your tpl, then renew them both sabay upon expiration.

ano marerecommend nyo mababang rate ng car insurance na mababa *** sasagutin sa utilities insurance kc 3755 sasagutin ko everytime may ipapagawa eh

I can help you with your car insurance needs, PM me if interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast