PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Tamaraws Claim Top Seed

Mike Tolomia's late-game heroics helped FEU get sole possession of the number 1 seed, after a 74-70 victory over La Salle.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    divine wind

Smile TOP 20 NURSING SCHOOL IN THE PHILIPPINES by CHED (2005-2009)

TOP 20 NURSING SCHOOL IN THE PHILIPPINES

The Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) has released the TOP 20 NURSING SCHOOLS 2009 in the PHILIPPINES with high-performing nursing passing rate.

On the other hand, CHED warned 152 of the 456 nursing schools in the Philippines to improve their licensure examination passing rates or face closure as more than 95,000 nursing graduates prepare for the tests this weekend (November 29 & 30, 2009).

CHEd said that it will issue an initial warning to the 152 schools to improve their nursing programs through their graduates’ performance in the succeeding nursing licensure exams. CHEd has the legal authority to order the closure or phasing out of degree programs that failed to meet the standards in licensure tests.

Likewise, CHEd identified 15 schools have already closed down their nursing programs, namely: Bacarra Medical Center School of Midwifery (Region 1), Antipolo School of Nursing and Midwifery, Heroes Memorial College, Kolehiyo ng Mamamayan, Cotabato Maritime Academy, Ignatian College, Clinica Arellano School of Midwifery, Quezon Memorial College, Sta. Teresita College, Baguio General Hospital, Chong Jua Hospital School of Nursing, Faith Hospital School of Midwifery, Manila College of Optometry, Ortanez University and the Philippine Union College of Caloocan.

The Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) named the TOP 20 NURSING SCHOOLS 2009 in the PHILIPPINES with 1,000 or more takers:

1. Silliman University - 96.57%
    2. Saint Louis University - 95.42%
    3. Trinity University of Asia - 95.06%
    4. University of Sto. Tomas - 95.06%
    5. Cebu Doctors’ University - 91.89%
    6. Saint Paul University - 89.79%
    7. Central Philippine University - 86.72%
    8. De La Salle University-Health Sciences campus - 85.26%
    9. Saint Mary’s University - 84.10%
    10. San Pedro College - 83.10%
    11. Manila Doctors College - 82.56%
    12. Centro Escolar University-Manila - 81.50%
    13. Angeles University Foundation - 76.37%
    14. Mariano Marcos University - 75.55%
    15. University of San Agustin - 73.25%
    16. University of Cebu - 70.99%
    17. Metropolitan Hospital College of Nursing - 70.54%
    18. Ateneo de Davao University - 70.20%
    19. San Juan De Dios Education Foundation - 69.91%
    20. University of St. La Salle - 67.55%

TOP 20 NURSING SCHOOLS 2009 in the PHILIPPINES with 100-999 takers:

1. University of the Philippine-Manila - 99.41%
    2. Xavier University - 97.82%
    3. West Visayas State University - 96.75%
    4. St. Paul University-Iloilo - 96.16%
    5. University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center - 95.80%
    6. Cebu Normal University - 94.64%
    7. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila - 93.14%
    8. St. Paul University-Dumaguete - 92.29%
    9. Mindanao State University - 92.15%
    10. Palawan State University - 92.05%
    11. Philippine Christian University - 91.35%
    12. Velez College - 90.92%
    13. Colegio de Sta. Lourdes of Leyte Foundation - 88.55%
    14. Chinese General Hospital College of Nursing and Liberal Arts - 87.60%
    15. St. Paul University-Manila - 85.31%
    16. Easter College - 85.26%
    17. Southville International School and Colleges - 84.77%
    18. St.Paul University-Quezon City - 83.87%
    19. Adamson University - 83.57%
    20. Lyceum of the Philippines University - 82.20%

152 nursing schools were found to have performed below the national passing rate of 46.14 percent for the past five years:

Metro Manila has the most number of erring schools among the 152 poor performing schools: Arellano University-Manila, Arellano University-Pasay, De Los Santos-STI College, De Ocampo Memorial College, Dominican College, Dr. Carlos S. Lanting College, Emilio Aguinaldo College, J.P. Sioson General Hospital and Colleges, La Consolacion College Manila, Las Piñas College, Martinez Memorial College, Mary Chiles College, Olivarez College, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Pasay, Perpetual Help College of Manila, Philippine College of Health Sciences, Philippine Rehabilitation Institute Foundation, Southeast Asian College, St. Jude College, St. Rita Hospital College of Nursing and School of Midwifery, STI College-Recto, the Family Clinic, Unciano Colleges and General Hospital, University of Perpetual Help-Rizal, and World Citi Colleges, Quezon City.

Calabarzon has 23 schools in the list; Central Luzon, 20; Ilocos Region, 16; Bicol, 14; SOCCSKSARGEN, 8; Northern Mindanao, 7; Zamboanga Peninsula, Davao Region and Cordillera Administrative Region, 6; Cagayan Valley and Central Visayas, 5; CARAGA Region, 3; and Eastern Visayas and Mimaropa Region, 1

Just an honest question - If you are a graduate from one of those top 20 schools mentioned, mas malaki ba chance mo na makakuha ng work dito at lalo na sa abroad? I mean does it really matter na dapat sa top school ka nag-graduate?

I just find it amusing na bakit big deal sa atin kung sino ang nasa top schools o hindi.

Hindi din. Pinsan ko nga from UP Manila. Until now wala pang work. Ang arte kasi eh masyadong mataas ang tingin sa sarili. Gusto bonggang hospital pa. Ayan wala siyang work punong puno na ng nurses mga hospitals ngayon. Naunahan pa siya ng kapatid magkawork from St. Paul University Manila. St. Lukes nagwowork na ngayun. Yung pinsan ko kasi mapili, gusto pa Asian hospital or Makati Med. Ayan magantay ka ng matagal. Umunlad na ibang tao na hindi taga UP ikaw andyan ka padin. Okay lang, taga-UP Manila ka naman diba. At the end of the day, so what? Nag-eearn ka na ba? Hindi din.

Habang buhay ka nalang mag-dwell na taga UP Manila ka kasi at hindi ka pwede sa mga pepechuging hospitals. tsk!

Mentality is really a big factor! Lalu na ang feeling of superiority...

Quote Originally Posted by chevara View Post
    Hindi din. Pinsan ko nga from UP Manila. Until now wala pang work. Ang arte kasi eh masyadong mataas ang tingin sa sarili. Gusto bonggang hospital pa. Ayan wala siyang work punong puno na ng nurses mga hospitals ngayon. Naunahan pa siya ng kapatid magkawork from St. Paul University Manila. St. Lukes nagwowork na ngayun. Yung pinsan ko kasi mapili, gusto pa Asian hospital or Makati Med. Ayan magantay ka ng matagal. Umunlad na ibang tao na hindi taga UP ikaw andyan ka padin. Okay lang, taga-UP Manila ka naman diba. At the end of the day, so what? Nag-eearn ka na ba? Hindi din.

Habang buhay ka nalang mag-dwell na taga UP Manila ka kasi at hindi ka pwede sa mga pepechuging hospitals. tsk!

Ang alam ko mababa magpasahod ang asian hospital...

Quote Originally Posted by chevara View Post

Exactly! Nasa student naman talaga yan at wala sa school. Modesty aside, even though I'm not from one of those "Top 20 Nursing School", I'll let my board rating speak for itself.

Don't be obsessed with the mentality that you are "superior" if you come from a "superior" school. Focus instead on your discipline, knowledge and skills. After the board exam, pare-pareho lang kayong may license and everything will boil down to your "diskarte" and determination.

Where's Fatima University?

Here is the updated and most recent TOP Nursing School by CHED:

The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has released the Top 10 Nursing Schools in the Philippines based on their performance in the past Nursing Licensure Examinations.

Top 10 Nursing Schools with 1,000 and more takers:

1. Silliman University (Dumaguete) 96.57%
    2. Saint Louis University ( Baguio) 95.42%
    3. Trinity University of Asia ( Quezon City) 95.06%
    4. University of Santo Tomas (Manila) 95.06%
    5. Cebu Doctors University ( Cebu City) 91.89%
    6. Saint Paul University (Tuguegarao) 89.79%
    7. Central Philippine University ( Iloilo City) 86.72%
    8. De La Salle University – Health Sciences campus (Dasmariñas, Cavite) 85.26%
    9. Saint Mary’s University (Nueva Vizcaya) 84.10%
    10. San Pedro College ( Davao City) 83. 10%

Trinity University of Asia-St. Luke's College of Nursing

June 2007- 99%
    June 2008- 99%
    June 2009- 99%

June 2010- Working hard to make it, this time, perfect 100%

Proud to be one of the oldest (Est. 1907) and best nursing school in the country!

ang tataas nga ng passing rate ng school niyo eh may trabaho bang nag aantay?

I want to know what is the passing rate of these schools when their graduates take the NCLEX.

Is it as high as their PRC passing rate?

^ I don't think PearsonVue nor US BON/BRN's would release that kind of information. This appears to be confidential. In fact, when i got my NCLEX-RN result a few years back, I didn't even get the percentage of correct answers I made. All I know was that I answered the minimum of 75 questions and that I passed. No more than that.

I can only speak for my school when I say that my school doesn't tally the NCLEX-RN passers and compare that to their "PRC passing rates." Their only business is NLE results.

However, IMO your question is a very good subject for research. Like you, I'd also like to know if there is a direct correlation between PRC and NCLEX-RN passing rates.

I doubt if it would be directly correlated given the difference in the subject matters at hand, the level of comprehension required and the type of knowledge assessment given by Vue. Still, my views are not supported by solid data. Hence, the need for further study.

mod: ^ why can't I edit my own posts? I'm still logged in but the "edit" button is missing.

..I am not quite satisfied with the list above maybe it was because some colleges who have many passers were not included such as Chinese General Hospital College Of Nursing. I think they have 99% passing rate but still it is not recognize

Quote Originally Posted by xbittersweetgalx View Post
    ..I am not quite satisfied with the list above maybe it was because some colleges who have many passers were not included such as Chinese General Hospital College Of Nursing. I think they have 99% passing rate but still it is not recognize
    Oh, you need to look back at the roster and read.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopex View Post
    ang tataas nga ng passing rate ng school niyo eh may trabaho bang nag aantay?
    Sa TUA, Me mga trabaho kami agad. Andyan ang St. Luke's where we are trained. wherein, after board topnotchers, priority naman ang mga taga TUA..Most also found success abroad within a year

16. Advertisement

Sa Chinese General Hospital Medical Center priority ang mga graduates ng Chinese General Hospital College of Nursing so after passing the board exam you can pass your resume and wait for a call to be a volunteer then to be absorbed by the hospital

18. May 20, 2010, 03:58 PM

Bakit wala ang Makati Med sa listahan ng mga nursing schools

ask ko lang, yung St. Lukes Global ba trinity grad din ba karamihan? kasi sabi ng isang cardio doctor sa "munti" naming hosp. kumpara sa mga nurses ng Global eh di hamak daw na ang layo ng agwat ng performance namin sa kanila.

To infinity and beyond! eudemon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gcs15 View Post
    ask ko lang, yung St. Lukes Global ba trinity grad din ba karamihan? kasi sabi ng isang cardio doctor sa "munti" naming hosp. kumpara sa mga nurses ng Global eh di hamak daw na ang layo ng agwat ng performance namin sa kanila.
    They are graduates of top performing schools too. They are all newbie nurses and that explains their performance.

Top nursing schools listed

THE Commission on Higher Education on Monday released the names of the top nursing schools in 2009 after revealing the 253 low-performing nursing schools for the same year.

“This initiative is part of [the commission’s] commitment to monitor and evaluate the performance of nursing schools nationwide, [and]to ensure the quality of nursing education in the country,” agency Chairman Emmanuel Angeles said in a statement.

The commission had earlier named the low-performing nursing schools based on the national passing average of 40.70 percent.

The high-performing nursing schools that had more than 1,000 students taking the tests were Far Eastern University-Manila (74.62 percent), Centro Escolar University (71.86 percent), Manila Doctors College (69.63 percent), Manila Central University-Caloocan City (57.06 percent), Arellano University-Manila (45.70 percent), University of the Cordilleras (56.11 percent), University of Cebu (54.22 percent), University of Pangasinan (51.52), University of San Carlos (50.55 percent), Western Mindanao State University (45.72 percent), University of the Visayas-Mandaue City (45.72 percent), Brokenshire College-Region 11 (44.57 percent), Riverside College-Region 6 (44.53 percent), Davao Doctors College Inc. (43.43 percent), Iloilo Doctors College (43.21 percent), and Wesleyan University of the Philippines-Cabanatuan City (41.93 percent).

The top schools with 100 to 999 of their students taking the test were St. Paul University-Iloilo (100 percent), West Visayas State University-La Paz (99.48 percent), St. Louis University-CAR (99.04 percent), Trinity University of Asia-Quezon City (98.80 percent), University of Santo Tomas (98.36 percent), Chinese General Hospital College of Nursing and Liberal Arts (98.02 percent), University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (97.69 percent), Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (97.51 percent), Saint Paul University-Dumaguete (97.28 percent), Cebu Normal University (96.54 percent), Velez College-Region 7 (95.65 percent), Xavier University-Region 10, (95.56 percent), Silliman University (95.22 percent), De La Salle University-Dasmariñas Health Science Campus (95.14 percent), St. Paul University-Tuguegarao (94.97 percent), Central Philippine University (94.30 percent), Remedios Romualdez Medical Foundation (93.31 percent), Mindanao State University-Marawi City (91.71 percent), Cebu Technological University (90.84 percent), and Benguet State University-La Trinidad (88.89 percent).

With 10 to 99 test takers, Negros Oriental State University-Dumaguete (17 takers), Bukidnon State College-Malaybalay (39), and University of the Philippines-Manila (68) shared first place with a 100-percent passing rate.

The rest were University of St. Louis-Tuguegarao (97.37 percent), Central Mindanao University (95.83 percent), Philippine Christian University-Manila (88.89 percent), Saint Paul University-Quezon City (84.85 percent), New Era University (84.13 percent), Colegio de Santa Lourdes of Leyte Foundation Inc. (83.33 percent), Lyceum of the Philippines (82.35 percent), Aklan State University (81.48 percent), Saint Tonis College-CAR (78.57 percent) STI College Cebu (75 percent), Samar State University (74.07 percent), Jose Rizal Memorial State College-Dapitan (74.07 percent), First City Providential College (73.53 percent), Aklan Polytechnic Institute (72.97 percent), University of the Philippines School of Health and Sciences-Leyte (72 percent), Palawan State University (69.49 percent), College of Maasin (69.39 percent), and Pangasinan State University-Bayambang (66.67 percent). Gigi Muñoz David

source: http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/i...&d=2010/june/1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast