PEx Highlights

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

REVIEW: Laggies

If Laggies was an animal, it will be an old turtle -- slow, old and boring. Read our full review here.

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

MAXICARE APPLYT 09178046275 mark_mark's Avatar

Pag-Ibig 101: How does one buy a house or condo using Pag-Ibig?

Hi All, I haven't had the chance to actually go through this incentive by the government but I hear this a lot from people that they were able to acquire their house or condo through Pag-Ibig.

Ok.

My understanding first of Pag-Ibig is this is a mandatory savings policy by the government so people are forced to save something alloted for their housing needs.

SO what's next?

I see a lot of condos right here and there? Do I go to Pag Ibig and tell them na, I want to loan X amount because I want to buy this condo? Ganoon lang ba ka simple iyon?

I'm based in Manila but I want to buy a house in the province, how is that possible?

She'sAlreadyTakenMe immortalscythe's Avatar
    up for this.. i dont have enough knowledge regarding this matter and as time goes by, we are all approaching on the state where we need to settle down with our future families.

so for all dudes here that has a knowledge on this.. please do share us information.. TIA

Refer to this website:

http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/sp_retail.htm

Basically, Pag-IBIG members need to have a certain number of contributions to qualify for a housing loan.

Qualified members can go to any real estate company. Real estate agents are quite knowledgeable on this and have a check list of required documents.

After choosing a property, reserve the property, initial payment will depend on real estate company policies.

Submit all required documents to Pag-IBIG for housing loan application.
    Once approve, Pag-IBIG will pay the real estate company in full.
    You as a member, will in turn pay Pag-IBIG.

This means that sa Pag-IBIG ka may utang and not with the real estate company.

i can get a housing loan from a bank. so what benefit do i get from my pag-ibig contributions? raket lang yang pag-ibig. they can't even issue new pag-ibig numbers. we've been applying for a while now. lagi sabi, don't worry macre-credit naman yung pag-ibig contruibutions dahil linked with sss number.

sabi nila, mas mababa daw ang interest sa pag ibig.

you have to have at least 24 or 36 contributions before you can avail of a housing loan.

make sure all of your records are consolidated in one pag-ibig branch. if you've been employed by different companies, chances are your pag-ibig contributions have been remitted to different branches so you have to fill-up a form for pag-ibig to consolidate all your records in one branch. this is also required for multi-purpose loans.

if you have other pag-ibig loans (i.e. multi-purpose loan) and they are in arrears, you have to pay your back dues and keep your account up-to-date.

very important for a housing loan is your net disposable income (NDI) because this is what they use to determine how much they can grant. 3M is the maximum per member, not sure what NDI is required kasi nung time ko 2M pa lang maximum loan and NDI required was about 50k-55k per month.

NDI is computed as net income less cost of living expenses (e.g. food, transpo, etc).

if your NDI does not meet requirements, you can aggregate with your spouse or parent or child. this means both your NDIs will be combined to meet the required minimum. or you may have a co-maker.

you may also need to increase your monthly contribution if you want to avail of a higher loan amount. our P200/month contribution (100 employee share and 100 employer share) will only qualify your for the lowest amount yata. my loan is 1.4M and i add about 1,400 or 1,600 every month, amount is included in my monthly amortization, which i pay via PDC. the additional contribution goes towards your fund also so your retirement benefit will increase (by how much, i don't know). your MPL also increases because this is computed as x% of your total accummulated value (TAV), which is basically just the total amount you have contributed. i got about 45k in my las MPL, which was last september lang.

for housing loans, i recommend that you attend the seminar. this is a requirement for all housing loan applications. ok naman siya, nasagot naman nila lahat ng tanong ko. check their website na lang for the schedule.

some developers have tie-ups with pag-ibig. may developer-assisted program and if your developer is part of this, you can submit all requirements to your agent and they will coordinate with pag-ibig on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by dingchavez View Post
    i can get a housing loan from a bank. so what benefit do i get from my pag-ibig contributions? raket lang yang pag-ibig. they can't even issue new pag-ibig numbers. we've been applying for a while now. lagi sabi, don't worry macre-credit naman yung pag-ibig contruibutions dahil linked with sss number.
    Pag-IBIG offers lower rates and longer payment terms.
    You can avail of their other loan packages if you're not interested in their housing loans. Visit their websites for details

Anyway, you can get a lumpsum amount of your and your employer's contribution after certain number of years. Not really sure, the last time I visited their office, it was after 15 years of contribution.

You can avail Pag-ibig housing loan once you have at least 24 contributions. Application can be personal or by developer.

You'll need to attend a seminar/orientation regarding housing loan procedures and your responsibility as a borrower. The loanable amount will be based on your monthly contribution. In case your loan is more than the allowed, Pag-ibig will adjust your monthly contribution to grant your required loan.

Attending a PAG-IBIG seminar will enlighten you all folks
    Dun mo maitatanong lahat ng gusto mo malaman, developers also tend to invite PAG-IBIG officers to conduct seminars sa offices din nila. Beware na lang sa mga manlolokong AGENTS ha. Be wise na lang mga tsong at tsang!

Quote Originally Posted by mb065 View Post
    you have to have at least 24 or 36 contributions before you can avail of a housing loan.

make sure all of your records are consolidated in one pag-ibig branch. if you've been employed by different companies, chances are your pag-ibig contributions have been remitted to different branches so you have to fill-up a form for pag-ibig to consolidate all your records in one branch. this is also required for multi-purpose loans.

if you have other pag-ibig loans (i.e. multi-purpose loan) and they are in arrears, you have to pay your back dues and keep your account up-to-date.

very important for a housing loan is your net disposable income (NDI) because this is what they use to determine how much they can grant. 3M is the maximum per member, not sure what NDI is required kasi nung time ko 2M pa lang maximum loan and NDI required was about 50k-55k per month.

NDI is computed as net income less cost of living expenses (e.g. food, transpo, etc).

if your NDI does not meet requirements, you can aggregate with your spouse or parent or child. this means both your NDIs will be combined to meet the required minimum. or you may have a co-maker.

you may also need to increase your monthly contribution if you want to avail of a higher loan amount. our P200/month contribution (100 employee share and 100 employer share) will only qualify your for the lowest amount yata. my loan is 1.4M and i add about 1,400 or 1,600 every month, amount is included in my monthly amortization, which i pay via PDC. the additional contribution goes towards your fund also so your retirement benefit will increase (by how much, i don't know). your MPL also increases because this is computed as x% of your total accummulated value (TAV), which is basically just the total amount you have contributed. i got about 45k in my las MPL, which was last september lang.

for housing loans, i recommend that you attend the seminar. this is a requirement for all housing loan applications. ok naman siya, nasagot naman nila lahat ng tanong ko. check their website na lang for the schedule.

some developers have tie-ups with pag-ibig. may developer-assisted program and if your developer is part of this, you can submit all requirements to your agent and they will coordinate with pag-ibig on your behalf.
    Wow! Thanks for the detailed info.

Patanong na rin po.... pano po ba ma-determine yung loanable amount? Kung P1.5M po ba yung H&L amount, P1.5M din po ba ang malo-loan sa PAG-IBIG o yung percentage po ng appraised value ng property ang loanable amount? (example po dito is kunwari P1.5M po yung contract price pero P1M lang appraised value nya tapos 70% ang loanable amount - bale P700k lang po ang loanable amount).

TIA!

Macky_EX, from what i know these are the criteria to know how much pag-ibig can grant you:

- number of contributions (at least 24 months)
    - amount of contributions (monthly will increase depending on loan amount)
    - NDI

yang 3 lang. but NDI is the most important and they will grant you an amount based on your NDI. kung gusto mo ng 3M loan, kahit tingin mo kaya mo yung monthly pero NDI mo naman mababa, di nila ig-grant yung 3M. but they will not disapprove your loan naman. babawasan lang nila yung loan amount.

now for how much to apply for naman, iba-iba. yung samin kasi, the developer required a 10% downpayment so 90% ang na-loan sa pag-ibig. buti naman umabot ang NDI.

my sister naman, in-apply niya yung buong amount ng property and halos yung buong amount na-grant. lumabas ang equity niya 8k lang.

i'm not sure how much equity pag-ibig requires.

yung sinasabi mo na x% of appraised value, i think that applies to banks. not sure if the same applies to pag-ibig. ang alam ko lang kasi sa pg-ibig, basta kaya ng NDI mo yung loan amount, yon na yon. at least, nung time ko ganon. it was the developer who required a downpayment, not pag-ibig.

halos wala ding CI sa pag-ibig, mas strict ang banks sa CI.

just wanted to add pala...

the only financial document you will need to submit to pag-ibig is a month's payslip. they will use this to verify your net income. then on the application form, there is a space there where you need to list your monthly expenses to compute your NDI.

if you have OT pay, timing-an mo that the payslip you submit with your application form has OT plus whatever other allowances to up your net pay. kasi pag-ibig only really just checks the net pay on the payslips you submit. it doesn't matter if it's not every month that you get net pay that high.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerayaj View Post
    Attending a PAG-IBIG seminar will enlighten you all folks
    Dun mo maitatanong lahat ng gusto mo malaman, developers also tend to invite PAG-IBIG officers to conduct seminars sa offices din nila. Beware na lang sa mga manlolokong AGENTS ha. Be wise na lang mga tsong at tsang!
    oh ok. thanks.

so if i want to buy a house/apartment/condo, that realty company must be a tie up of pag ibig?

^ not necessarily. it's easier lang kung may tie-up because they can file all the paperwork for you. otherwise, ikaw mismo magaayos ng lahat.

ah i see. thanks a lot.

Pag Ibig Housing Loan

Well you need to attend a seminar, if Local lang... meaning your working here sa pinas youll need to attend sa Atrium bldg. (Makati) Ground Floor (if may developer ka) Pero kapag walang developer i think same bldg pero 6th floor ata.

If your going to buy and may ka co-borrower ka and nasa abroad ang ka co-borrower mo and (may developer ka), youll need to attend sa jasmine building 10th floor sa makati (Gil puyat Ave) walking distance from RCBC plaza BLDG.

kinda frustrating kasi if dika naka buo ng at least 1 year contribution di na pwede mag lump sum ngayon may waiting period na daw kasi sila na 1 year...