PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

Talking

paano ba ang mag start ng piggery, how many pigs kaya ang dapat sa starting, how much will it cost to build one piggery (structures, pigs, feeds etc.). Paano ba kumikita sa piggery?, & ilang percent ang profit nito?. advise naman

Talking

B@atibot,

Check out these websites, they are extremely informative:

http://www2.mozcom.com/~nishiki/
    http://www.da.gov.ph

And for procurement of agricultural produce or pesticides, you can check this out:

http://b2bpricenow.com/contents/mainpage.asp

Starting a Piggery

My family has unused lands in Bulacan and Cavite and I want to utilize one of these idle property for starting a livestock farm, preferably a piggery.

I'm really interested into entering into this venture. I'd appreciate some advice regarding starting a piggery. What to do, what not to do. How to enter into such a business venture.

I admit it's a bit unorthodox for me and deviates from the current family business (not to mention completely far-off from my degree), but I very recently got interested in pursuing such a business venture and would appreciate all the advice.
    Last edited by Ice Burn; Jul 14, 2003 at 12:48 AM.

Interesting thread...ako rin..nangarap ng ganitong biznes pero ala akong ka-alam alam.

You have to invest in some money for this.

First, magpapatayo ka ng kulungan ng mga baboy. Alamin mo muna kung ilan ang kaya mo alagaan. One piglet costs about 1.2k to 1.5k depending on their live weight after birth. They would weight about 10 - 12 kilos in the first month kung maganda yung inahin.

Growing pigs for meat is not really that profitable unless you're targetting in the hundreds. Yung mas profitable is kung mag iinahin ka. Raise swines para lang manganak and then sell these. Sometimes, umaabot ng one dozen yung isang anakan lang. The "inahin" can start breeding at around 10 months and then there's a 6 months cycle or so.

I'll ask my cousin for some more tips on this. He has a piggery of about 80+ pigs.

I'm not going for meat raising. Just live pigs. And since the property I can use is quite large, I can go into a medium-large scale piggery...I'm still looking into this though.

I'm also looking into various concerns especially peste concerns. Then what type of good feeds, etc., etc...And of course starting capital. Land's not a problem but I need to have an idea about the rest of the other expenses I need to take into consideration.

Westchester Ranger
    Originally posted by Ice Burn
    I'm not going for meat raising. Just live pigs. And since the property I can use is quite large, I can go into a medium-large scale piggery...I'm still looking into this though.

I'm also looking into various concerns especially peste concerns. Then what type of good feeds, etc., etc...And of course starting capital. Land's not a problem but I need to have an idea about the rest of the other expenses I need to take into consideration.
    Consider oursourcing/subcontracting the swine-raising operations to someone else who has expertise in the field. That way you don't have to worry about the startup capital and operational issues like disease, expenses, feeds, etc. You can focus on more value-add tasks like merchandising (supply) and marketing. You can also use a some of the skills you learned in graduate school.

Why will the subcontractor agree to partner w/ you? First, you can reach out to new markets of buyers and sellers in ways that he/she cannot. Second, you own the land. The better the location, the more leverage you have in negotiating an agreement. You can come up w/ a revenue-sharing arrangement where he/she gets a cut for every pig sold. The land can justify a higher share of per-unit revenues for you, besides the marketing and merchandising effort you'll put in - sourcing top quality pigs, branding your product, and selling it to the market.

Although not a pre-requisite, you may want to work a couple of years in retail merchandising and consumer goods marketing to gain experience in negotiating with suppliers and selling to the market. You may also want to check out this good book on value-added entrepreneurship:

Low Risk, High Reward

Wink

nabasa ko dati sa net, may isang japanese na gumagamit ng cultured lactobacili (yung sa yakult) sa piggery nya. according to him, walang amoy yung piggery nya kahit nd na raw paliguan yung baboy. may design rin sya ng piggery. if i have time hanapin ko ulit.
    ako small scale pa lang, start sa isang inahin. mag to-two yrs pa lang, may 1 inahin, 1 butakal (to yung manyak na baboy hehe, anak to ng inahin sa uang pregnancy, 2 lang nabuhay sa 1st panganak, yung isa benenta to buy feeds), and 12 piglets (2nd time na panganak to, 13 sana pero yung isang piglet binayad sa may-ari ng bumuntis sa alaga ko).

sa aquaculture maganda rin bisnis. abalone, live fish, seaweeds mga ganun ba.

mas mabuti cgurong mag seminar ka na lang. Para hindi masayang ang puhunan at pagod mo mas mabuting may sapat na kaalaman. tawag ka lang kay Ka Jerry ch13 1pm sunday ang show nila or bisitahin mo ang kanyang web.

www.atingalamin.com.ph

d ko pi no promote ang program nya ha .....

*****piggery Business*****

Maganda bang business ang piggery? Magkano kaya ang kailangang capital? Madali kayang mabawi ang puhunan?

Ilang buwan puede ibenta ang baboy?

Magkano mo makukuha ang mga biik and magkano naman ibebenta ang isang baboy?

I am planning to put up a piggery. Siempre, bago ko itayo dapat may sapat na akong alam sa pagpapalago....

I hoping that this thread will help us!!!

may nabasa ako dati na yung soil ng piggery were treated with lactobacilli. nawawala yung amoy ng piggery.

Naawa kasi ako pag may kinakatay na baboy e..

Hindi naman yata sa piggery kinakatay ang baboy kundi sa abattoir (slaughterhouse).

Originally posted by lupuS
    Hindi naman yata sa piggery kinakatay ang baboy kundi sa abattoir (slaughterhouse).
    Ganun ba?

Pero kahit na siguro. Mas gusto kong maging Pets na lang ang mga baboy kaysa sa katayin sila.. Nakakaawa yung mga iyak nila e.

(Ang hirap nmang hindi kumain ng pork.. )

hindi ba mahirap na business din ang piggery kasi you have to rely on feeds? pero good idea siguro ang "organic pigs" if there's such a thing , yung puro veggies lang kakainin nila tapos malaki 'yung space nila para lean ang magiging karne.

pero oo, mas gusto ko ata maging pets na lang ang mga cute na biik

i think it's a good business...ang importante you have the big space for the pigs.

if you're planning on going big-time (more than 100 sows), i strongly suggest equity financing. loan-financed livestock inventory is the downfall of most piggery businesses. some basic parameters:

boar:sow - 1:10 (for natural farrowing)
    farrowing rate - at least 80%
    avg litter size - at least 7
    litter survival rate - at least 90%

nabasa ko lang to How to Start a Piggery Business in the Philippines, and siguro makakatulong ito kahit papaano sa mga gustong magstart ng piggery business

I think that;s okay because sometimes we need to like, go outside our shell. (: I think that's better

How to start a piggery business.

I'm planing to start a piggery business and Im just wondering kung magkno ang mgagastos sa lahat. Im just young and ayoko *** masayang yung pagod ko sa pag tatrabaho ng walang pupuntahan. I think this business is good, and I really want to like, master it. (: