PEx Highlights

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which 4x2 Pickup? Hilux vs Strada vs Navara vs Dmax vs Ranger

To the Pitstop experts, especially those who have experienced driving any of these pickups, I need your advise.

I'm planning to buy a pickup, but due to budget constraints it'd only be a 4x2 M/T, and I'm having difficulty deciding which one of these to choose.

Choices:
    1. Toyota Hilux 2.5 G [4x2 M/T, Max Output=102 Ps/3,600rpm, Torque=260 Nm/1600-2400rpm] PhP 1,075,000-
    2. Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 GLx [4x2 M/T, Max Output=136 Ps/3,500rpm, Torque=314 Nm/2000 rpm] PhP 925,000-
    3. Nissan Navara 2.5 [4x2 M/T, Max Output=144 Ps/4,000rpm, Torque=356 Nm/2000 rpm] PhP 1,090,000-
    4. Isuzu Dmax 2.5 Lx [4x2 M/T, Max Output=146 Ps/3,800rpm, Torque=294 Nm/1400-3400 rpm] PhP 1,085,000-
    5. Ford Ranger 2.5 WildTrak [4x2 M/T, Max Output=146 Ps/3,800rpm, Torque=294 Nm/1400-3400 rpm] PhP 1,080,000-

I need a pickup which can serve both as a family car, and a reliable semi-utility truck.

I guess the criteria would be:
    1. Exterior looks
    2. Interior comforts / 'rideability'
    3. Performance [City Driving/Off Road]
    4. Load-bearing capacity
    5. Flood-fording abilities
    6. Fuel consumption
    7. Good resale value

So, which one has the best value-for-money?

Your thoughts please. Thanks!
    Last edited by keyser_soze; Oct 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ferkhite View Post
    go for the Strada...

Do you own a Strada? how's the driving experience? could you please elaborate a li'l, thanks. just curious.

From a scale 1 to 5, 5 being the highest, how would you rate the Mitsubishi Strada (Triton) from the criterias i listed.

ang sagot dyan is easy. any of the above- except the ford ranger.

but my top choice is the Dmax, though.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
    To the Pitstop experts, especially those who have experienced driving any of these pickups, I need your advise.

I'm planning to buy a pickup, but due to budget constraints it'd only be a 4x2 M/T, and I'm having difficulty deciding which one of these to choose.

Choices:
    1. Toyota Hilux 2.5 G [4x2 M/T, Max Output=102 Ps/3,600rpm, Torque=260 Nm/1600-2400rpm] PhP 1,075,000-
    2. Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 GLx [4x2 M/T, Max Output=136 Ps/3,500rpm, Torque=314 Nm/2000 rpm] PhP 925,000-
    3. Nissan Navara 2.5 [4x2 M/T, Max Output=144 Ps/4,000rpm, Torque=356 Nm/2000 rpm] PhP 1,090,000-
    4. Isuzu Dmax 2.5 Lx [4x2 M/T, Max Output=146 Ps/3,800rpm, Torque=294 Nm/1400-3400 rpm] PhP 1,085,000-
    5. Ford Ranger 2.5 WildTrak [4x2 M/T, Max Output=146 Ps/3,800rpm, Torque=294 Nm/1400-3400 rpm] PhP 1,080,000-

I need a pickup which can serve both as a family car, and a reliable semi-utility truck.

I guess the criteria would be:
    1. Exterior looks
    2. Interior comforts / 'rideability'
    3. Performance [City Driving/Off Road]
    4. Load-bearing capacity
    5. Flood-fording abilities
    6. Fuel consumption
    7. Good resale value

So, which one has the best value-for-money?

Your thoughts please. Thanks!
    There's the Hilux E 4X2(its just similar to the Hilux G 4X2 but without a passenger side airbag) and its priced at 950K Pesos which is cheap..

My first choice would be the Ford Ranger / Mazda BT-50 for the following reasons:
    - engine and overall reliability, visit ford club ph for a first hand feedback from actual owners
    - flood fording, it's ECU is water sealed... can't say the same for the other pick-ups in the list

My second choice would be the Strada or Navara. I have some qualms about the former due to some initial problems posted by TSCP (Strada Club) members, but I know that it has been ironed out already. It has got the best ride quality and looks very modern. The Navara is a compelling choice too... loads of cargo space, good ride, new engine, etc. but I find it too big for city driving.

The D-Max is a safe choice too, but the placement of the ECU is it's weakest point (and the rather dated looking interior).

Only ford fanbois would even pick a really dated piece of pick up as his top choice. Nuff said.

the ford has been due for a model change since 4 years ago.

a thread from tsikot makes you win... because??

Quote Originally Posted by BeerhandBop View Post
    Only ford fanbois would even pick a really dated piece of pick up as his top choice. Nuff said.

the ford has been due for a model change since 4 years ago.
    Its dated but its more powerful and less pricey...The 2010 Strada is cheaper but still the rear cargo bed is TOO SMALL...The BT-50 is also good..Though Ford needs to replace this one cause its still based on the very old Mazda B2200 platform..

D-Max??Only Isuzu fanboys would buy this one...Too overrated and still Isuzu is using that old 3 liter CRDI engine(bring in the 2.5 CRDI VGT here!!)...

Nissan Navara???very expensive whether its 4X2 or 4X4 variant..They really need to raise the ride height of the 4X2(BRING IN THE 4X2 CALIBER VERSION!!).

Mautak ang Toyota at nilabas nila yung 4X2 E na similar sa 4X2 G Diesel...Still its engine sucks but at least the rear bed is huge and the ride height is great and it looks great!!

Play-Asia.com

nah.. isuzu is still the king of diesel engines when all is said and done..

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    My first choice would be the Ford Ranger / Mazda BT-50 for the following reasons:
    - engine and overall reliability, visit ford club ph for a first hand feedback from actual owners
    - flood fording, it's ECU is water sealed... can't say the same for the other pick-ups in the list

My second choice would be the Strada or Navara. I have some qualms about the former due to some initial problems posted by TSCP (Strada Club) members, but I know that it has been ironed out already. It has got the best ride quality and looks very modern. The Navara is a compelling choice too... loads of cargo space, good ride, new engine, etc. but I find it too big for city driving.

The D-Max is a safe choice too, but the placement of the ECU is it's weakest point (and the rather dated looking interior).

Took test drives on the above-mentioned pickups, I must say that the Ranger Wildtrak really have a monster underneath the hood! lol but, mejo matagtag..the loading bed is big. dunno about the looks tho, cuz even the face-lifted version seemed too 'trucky' for my taste, and so with the Dmax.. after driving these two workhorses, i felt the Hilux was lacking in muscle power in comparison.

So now I narrowed down my choices between the Navara and the Strada. Both have nice comfy interiors, ride was generally better than what i expected from a pickup, felt more car-like..power outputs, on paper, are about the same..loading beds are adequate, albeit Strada's a tad smaller.. both of these really does look good! but, i'm leaning more on the Navara.

Thanks for your informative input mazdamazda, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOGIECAT View Post
    Its dated but its more powerful and less pricey...The 2010 Strada is cheaper but still the rear cargo bed is TOO SMALL...The BT-50 is also good..Though Ford needs to replace this one cause its still based on the very old Mazda B2200 platform..

D-Max??Only Isuzu fanboys would buy this one...Too overrated and still Isuzu is using that old 3 liter CRDI engine(bring in the 2.5 CRDI VGT here!!)...

Nissan Navara???very expensive whether its 4X2 or 4X4 variant..They really need to raise the ride height of the 4X2(BRING IN THE 4X2 CALIBER VERSION!!).

Mautak ang Toyota at nilabas nila yung 4X2 E na similar sa 4X2 G Diesel...Still its engine sucks but at least the rear bed is huge and the ride height is great and it looks great!!

Play-Asia.com

I agree on both points, the Strada's cargo bed is quite small, and the Ranger is more powerful than the rest (on paper).

But, it's only a 10k price differential between Ranger and Navara.

Thanks for the input Boogiecat, much appreciated.

Yup, the Ranger / BT-50 does still feel more like a workhorse than the Strada.

Here's our Navara article to help you decide:

http://www.bigbigcar.com/uploads/gallery/images/67/2008Navara-splash2.jpg
    Review: Nissan Frontier Navara 4x4 LE MT
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=35

Between the two... if it's the 4x2 variant, I'll go with the Strada... 4x4 Navara.

pics courtesy of the Triton Club of Thailand

4x4 Tritons [aka Strada in th PI] shows off their river-fording abilities!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/edgel1109/15.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/edgel1109/14.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/edgel1109/12.jpg

Impressive.

16. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Yup, the Ranger / BT-50 does still feel more like a workhorse than the Strada.

Here's our Navara article to help you decide:

http://www.bigbigcar.com/uploads/gallery/images/67/2008Navara-splash2.jpg
    Review: Nissan Frontier Navara 4x4 LE MT
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=35

Between the two... if it's the 4x2 variant, I'll go with the Strada... 4x4 Navara.

Good review of the Navara, thanks for sharing bro.

this really is a toss-up for me...

2012 NBA Champs-Miami Heat myas110's Avatar
    you want test drive of D-max and win some prizes? go to www.isuzuphil.com

i was looking for a 4x2 review, and comparison, but only for the 4x4 was found.. anyways, here it is.

..similar to mazdamazda's review/comments

Review: Nissan Navara vs. Mitsubishi Triton (Strada)

http://cbt.com.my/sites/default/files/imagecache/v2_600x450/dsc_1273.jpg

CONCLUSION

The Navara and the Triton are both winners in the 4x4 twincab pick-up truck segment.

Both vehicles will appeal to buyers on the lookout for an upscale pick-up truck.

The high levels of equipment in both vehicles will make it all the more difficult and harder for prospective buyers to make a choice.

The Triton and the Navara are both solid and mechanically bulletproof 4x4 twincab pick-up trucks which translates to faultless reliability.

Where power is concerned, the Navara triumphs with ease but the Triton is still the sexy looker for its attractive design that is beautifully aggressive and appealing.

The Navara's set-up gives it the ability to cover all market areas, from being a workhorse to an executive plaything to show off.

The Triton 3.2 is a 4x4 twincab pick-up truck that has been built to withstand extremes, but with its beautiful exterior and curvacious lines and trimmings, one would have to think very hard before daring to take it off-road.

http://cbt.com.my/cbt-story/mitsubis...upscale-trucks

go for hilux. its very reliable and durable heheh

So, have you already picked which one to buy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast