PEx Highlights

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

Calling all vigilantes in PEx!

Are you vigilant and always ready for action? This is your chance to be a "PEX POLICE"

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Notches First Win

Jason Perkins drained big baskets in the clutch to help DLSU escape NU 57-55 and notch their first win in the UAAP Season 77.

read more

FIBA Worlds Special Feature

PEx's resident local hoops guru, Jay P. Mercado, ranks the greatest RP teams in the "open basketball" era.

read more

Page 51 of 251 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5017
    yup!Hindi masarap ang dahon nya,ano nga bang sili dapat?
    afaik dahon po ng siling labuyo or sigang.

this maybe a little off-topic but does anyone know where i can buy mulberry cuttings around north metro manila? i tried searching at the msbf compound but no luck. i found a seller at sulit.com.ph but the problem is he's from taguig and i am from the other side of the metro.
    sa south (laguna and tagaytay) alam ko meron, sa sulit.com.ph ako nakahanap ng nagbebenta ng mga fruit bearing plants / trees.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsummer09 View Post
    actually i was looking for a something sensible to do. dont want to start cooking or else i start gaining weight and i have other tastebuds to satisfy, ayoko ng rejection for a hobby.
    raising a pooch. sure they're cute but they make poo and pee and i dont have plans on spending for their vaccines and hair do and bath.
    running. its the trend and im not the one to follow it. and kakapagod kayajust thinking about it.
    gym. very expensive and time consuming.

i havent had this enthusiasm for yearssss. so i hope this will turn out okay. this thread is very nice. im a bit worried lang dun sa compost tea that you wrote, parang hindi ko kaya yun.
    can i just water them with regular water? or they're really necessary?

somebody posted pics of their before and after of their bell pepper, that was yummy. and the tomatoes with mozarella overload. now i didnt start this hobby to gain weight.
    yes you can just use regular water to water them. mas ok kung magipon ka ng tubig ulan then yun yung gamitin mong pandilig.

pwede ka naman gumamit ng ordinary ferts na available sa suking ace hardware. just follow the instruction sa label.

living in an urban area, masasabi ko na hindi mura itong hobby na ito.

used to have 16 dogs at home. most of them were pure bred dogs pa. gastos sa pagkain, hirap alagaan kse puro shitzu pa yung madami samin na pure bred. went down to 6 dogs now. we still manage. my house used to have more animals than people and those animals actually consumed more food than we did. we mix in dog food and regular food to cut down on food costs.

ngayon puro askal at mga mix nalang natira. mga matitibay. lol. may pure bred pa den pero 3 nalang. dalawang askal, both adopted and unwanted animals of other people. isang mix na napaka talino.

i'm still trying the organic route. quite a bit more expensive, YES. but i'm doing soil building and composting na. since i've started to plant my stuff in the ground to cut down on costs. i'm gonna start my plants in plastic cups then they go straight to the ground when they're big enough.

soil building takes years. and composting takes half a year at least. lol.

i'm also gonna do a raised bed along the edges of the garden lot at home.

i'll take pictures soon of my compost pile. mostly just garden trimmings from grass, weeds and whatever i throw in. gonna get a ton of shrimp shells from the place i train in when they start cleaning and prepping their shrimp for extra calcium and nutes. that'll boost my compost quite a bit. already got a shovel so i'll mix it in the grass trimmings para hindi langawin. i've seen fat earthworms in the pile already. no stinky flies or bad odors either. a good sign for my project. i bet i'll get tons of weeds when i apply this compost pile since garden trimmings lang ito and my kitchen waste.

yes, i now use pesticide. just until i kill them all, which is next to impossible. gagawin ko pag may time ako after my raised bed project, is to put a fan next to a fire na sisimulan ko. since insects do not like the smell of smoke. this might make those darn pests leave the area of my vegetables at least for a little while. and lessen my use of pesticide. me no likey chemicals.

also gonna start putting herbs around my plants that will compliment each other. and also drive away pests and invite good insects.

and last but not the least i'll plant brocolli seeds that i got from ichigo. makahanap na den nga ng cauliflower seeds.
    Last edited by franzb69; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    afaik dahon po ng siling labuyo or sigang.

sa south (laguna and tagaytay) alam ko meron, sa sulit.com.ph ako nakahanap ng nagbebenta ng mga fruit bearing plants / trees.
    Thanks Franz.Akala ko kasi kahit anong sili,yung dahon nila ay pare-parehong lasa.

Thanks Franz.Akala ko kasi kahit anong sili,yung dahon nila ay pare-parehong lasa.
    you're welcome =D

my compost pile being turned:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/6ea15a9a.jpg

ah pwede bag cement ang ilalim ng compost pile or much better if ground..sa iba kasi direct sa ground iyung compost nila eh..

hmm i think i can try that if its possible to do it in the cement.

I would like to know if anyone knows where to buy supplies needed to make a 2 x 4 greenhouse, as well as a link to the best online plan. The ones sold by EDSA Garden House are out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    my compost pile being turned:
    Your compost looks dry and not decayed. It would work more as mulching than as fertilizer. Compost should be prepared in a pit or bin and should be moist to promote decay. You should add kitchen vegetable scraps and peeling and add soil as well. It is compost when its decayed and teeming with microorganisms--nabubulok na.

Your compost looks dry and not decayed. It would work more as mulching than as fertilizer. Compost should be prepared in a pit or bin and should be moist to promote decay. You should add kitchen vegetable scraps and peeling and add soil as well. It is compost when its decayed and teeming with microorganisms--nabubulok na.
    i don't have a bin, i don't wanna dig a pit.

you don't see the worms and the decaying bits because there's new trimmings that's been added on to it. which is why i am turning it over. i water it every 2 days. and the picture is too small. i have been adding kitchen scraps. but there's not enough as i do not cook at home. i cook in school and where i train. when you cook all day every day, and when you get home.... you'd not wanna cook and would rather just eat.

a small update on my maters, eggplant and peppers:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/c10be859.jpg

as you can see i have a couple tomatoes falling over. i'll be untieing the two that's falling over and i'll let them root on the ground as an experiment.

i'm gonna dig up this part of the garden a little to loosen up the soil and then add more soil, compost, guano and whatever to improve the soil quality. this will be a raised bed as i am running out of space to plant.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/a644fc44.jpg

so nice of you, doing a hard work.

dug it up, put in more soil and planted my tomatoes, peppers and eggplants.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/20a9813a.jpg

odd looking tomato plant. it's a green zebra. wonder if they're really determinates and potato leafed.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/6919ed7f.jpg

my teeny tiny carrots that i decided to dig up and try. these were planted around 3 months ago. i guess i didn't have enough K in my soil. moved the other plants in a bigger container. instructions said i should harvest them after 110 days. i was too impatient. lol. i tasted these and they were SOOOOO SWEET and had tons of carrot flavor. organically grown. definitely gonna plant more. just gotta find a proper container and a soil amendment combination for carrots.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/9decd226.jpg

^ Nice natural rocks and adobe blocks. Is that a kaimito tree in the background?

^ Nice natural rocks and adobe blocks. Is that a kaimito tree in the background?
    i have absolutely no clue. hehe.

gonna start planting more here:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/e7462b69.jpg

a very happy 2nd gen edamame soybean plant. behind it is a kaffir lime, oregano, and italian flat leaf parsley.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/24db0c80.jpg

raised bed number 2, largest raised bed ko. 6.5 bags of soil.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/3franzb69/gardening/5f0bdbc0.jpg

16. Advertisement

hi guys!
    hey franz,you should try the lasagna gardening baka gumanda ang condition ng soil mo.tutal ang tyaga mo namang mag cultivate ng lupa.para kasing your soil needs a lot of work.

carrots are really yummy pag freshly harvest.lasang lasa ang earthly flovour ,right? that's the closest word i can think of

carrots are really yummy pag freshly harvest.lasang lasa ang earthly flovour ,right? that's the closest word i can think of
    yupyup!

hi guys!
    hey franz,you should try the lasagna gardening baka gumanda ang condition ng soil mo.tutal ang tyaga mo namang mag cultivate ng lupa.para kasing your soil needs a lot of work.
    on my next raised bed i'll try to do that. i'll just need more compost. which is why i started my compost pile. hehe. thanks.

^^ i'll be sending few raspberry cuttings soon.so try your luck on that.

^^ i'll be sending few raspberry cuttings soon.so try your luck on that.
    cool! that would be soooooo awesome. i hope they survive the trip. =D

i'll try my best packing them.

Page 51 of 251 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast