hi! i would like to share some ideas for those who plan to travel on a limited budget to paris, venice, florence and rome.
1. stay in port royal hotel. it is affordable, clean and people are nice. accessible by subway and bus.
downside: €2.50 euro for a 5min bath. but if mabilis ka naman maligo, no prob. there is also a sink where u can wash face inside your room.
2. best shot of eiffel tower is at trocadero.
3. october is a good weather to go. cold but not too cold. blue skies most of the time. good for pics.
4. avoid taking subway during rush hours. had a terrible experience.
5. fiumicino airport is far from city center. if ur taking the subway to airport, allot around 4-5 hours before flight since subway to airport is not predictable. sometimes, super tagal dumating.
6. buy the museum pass. worth it!
7. go to orsay museum to see monet's works
8. you cannot miss the louvre of course!
1. stay at hotel joli. it is right next to the main train station. has elevator, free breakfast (love the mignons and plenty of nutella, etc), Giovanni is nice and rooms are huge and clean.
2. hear mass at the duomo.
3. expensive to see michaelangelo's pieta at the museum.
4. pitti palace and boboli gardens close early. go there early.
5. food is delicious and less expensive. try Vivoli gelato if you find it.
1. i cannot recommend hotel adua although Eugene is nice since we had a hard time bringing our luggages up and down. no elevator. very steep stairs. pricey for the difficulty we had. far from bus station and we had to carry and bring luggages on cobblestones and bridges and stairs. make sure wheels of your bags are tough. only advantage: near train station and clean toilets and rooms.
2. try gondola ride. can ask gondolier to pay €70 instead of 80.
3. try Grom gelato
1. stay at B&B Twice. Tony and the Filipino caretaker, Raul, are very nice. near train station. near vatican. rooms and toilets are huge clean. free breakfast. just take note to call them the day before what exact time you will arrive so that they will meet you and open the door. the place is a residential building and not a hotel and main door is always closed. so that you will not wait forever, contact them beforehand. better also to contact them directly before you book online.
2. try Giolitti gelato near the Pantheon
3. the sistine chapel is always packed with tourists and guards are very strict. no photos allowed inside.
4. buy ticket online for the vatican museum and sistine chapel to avoid long lines
5. buy souvenirs at mascherino st near st peter's square. look for store where the sellers are Filipinos. the store's name has Religioso in it. forgot the complete name.
6. try steak at la griglieta at germanico st.
7. try climbing Scala Santa (for catholics)
8. go to St. Paul outside the walls church and see the relics of saints in the museum
9. see the pieta and the tomb of blessed pope john paul II inside St Peter's Basilica