PEx Highlights

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

Show Me Your Festival Teeths!

In this special comeback episode of SMYT, the girls poke fun at the participating films in the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival.

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

Sun, Oct 19

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Oct 21

FINAL

NLEX101

Wed, Oct 22

FINAL

Fri, Oct 24

FINAL

Sat, Oct 25

FINAL

KIA55

Sun, Oct 26

FINAL

SMB87

Tue, Oct 28

Wed, Oct 29

FINAL

Fri, Oct 31

FINAL

Sun, Nov 2

FINAL

SMB103

Tue, Nov 4

FINAL

KIA79

Wed, Nov 5

FINAL

FINAL

SMB63

Fri, Nov 7

Sat, Nov 8

FINAL

SMB79

Sun, Nov 9

Tue, Nov 11

FINAL

KIA75

Wed, Nov 12

FINAL

Fri, Nov 14

FINAL

Sat, Nov 15

Sun, Nov 16

FINAL

KIA71

FINAL

SMB79

Tue, Nov 18

Wed, Nov 19

FINAL

FINAL

KIA74
SMB90

Fri, Nov 21

FINAL

NLEX104

FINAL

Sat, Nov 22

Sun, Nov 23

Tue, Nov 25

FINAL

SMB95

Wed, Nov 26

FINAL

KIA77

Fri, Nov 28

FINAL

FINAL

SMB88

Sat, Nov 29

Sun, Nov 30

Tue, Dec 2

FINAL

FINAL

Wed, Dec 3

FINAL

KIA93

Fri, Dec 5

FINAL

SMB101

Sun, Dec 7

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Dec 9

FINAL

SMB91

Thu, Dec 11

FINAL

Fri, Dec 12

Sun, Dec 14

FINAL

Tue, Dec 16

Thu, Dec 18

Fri, Dec 19

FINAL

SMB109

Sat, Dec 20

Sun, Dec 21

Mon, Dec 22

07:00 PMMoA ArenaRAIN OR SHINEALASKA

Tue, Dec 23

07:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT

Thu, Dec 25

04:15 PMMoA ArenaRAIN OR SHINEALASKA

Fri, Dec 26

07:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

35 years of PBA (35 Greatest Players of All-time)

35 PBA Greatest Players of All-time (1975 - 2010)

1. Ramon Fernandez
    2. Robert Jaworski
    3. Alvin Patrimonio
    4. William Adornado
    5. Allan Caidic
    6. Abet Guidaben
    7. Benjie Paras
    8. Vergel Meneses
    9. Kenneth Duremdes
    10. Johnny Abarrientos
    11. Atoy Co
    12. Ato Agustin
    13. Freddie Hubalde
    14. Ricky Brown
    15. Philip Cezar
    16. Manny Paner
    17. Jerry Codinera
    18. Jojo Lastimosa
    19. Hector Calma
    20. Samboy Lim
    21. Danny Florencio
    22. Ronnie Magsanoc
    23. Bernie Fabiosa
    24. Lim Eng Beng
    25. Francis Arnaiz
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    26. Danny Ildefonso
    27. Asi Taulava
    28. Willie Miller
    29. Jay-jay Helterbrand
    30. Eric Menk
    31. James Yap
    32. Kelly Williams
    33. Danny Siegle
    34. Olsen Racela
    35. Jeffrey Cariaso

35 yrs and did not even bear any GOLD FRUITS for international fame and competition. haha

Sir i think Ildefonso's already included in the 25 greatest since he won his MVP back in 2000?

not sure though but i think he's the 25th member of PBA's greatest

Quote Originally Posted by chain_saw8 View Post
    35 PBA Greatest Players of All-time (1975 - 2010)

1. Ramon Fernandez
    2. Robert Jaworski
    3. Alvin Patrimonio
    4. William Adornado
    5. Allan Caidic
    6. Abet Guidaben
    7. Benjie Paras
    8. Vergel Meneses
    9. Kenneth Duremdes
    10. Johnny Abarrientos
    11. Atoy Co
    12. Ato Agustin
    13. Freddie Hubalde
    14. Ricky Brown
    15. Philip Cezar
    16. Manny Paner
    17. Jerry Codinera
    18. Jojo Lastimosa
    19. Hector Calma
    20. Samboy Lim
    21. Danny Florencio
    22. Ronnie Magsanoc
    23. Bernie Fabiosa
    24. Lim Eng Beng
    25. Francis Arnaiz
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    26. Danny Ildefonso
    27. Asi Taulava
    28. Willie Miller
    29. Jay-jay Helterbrand
    30. Eric Menk
    31. James Yap
    32. Kelly Williams
    33. Danny Siegle
    34. Olsen Racela
    35. Jeffrey Cariaso
    ^^ No love for Nelson Asaytono

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
    ^^ No love for Nelson Asaytono

my thoughts exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by girlyness View Post
    Sir i think Ildefonso's already included in the 25 greatest since he won his MVP back in 2000?

not sure though but i think he's the 25th member of PBA's greatest

First 25 were given already by the PBA (just check on www.pba.com.ph), no one can change / revised that.

the next 10 (26-35) are from 2000-2010.

Last 10, the 7 MVP winners from 2000-2009, plus Abe King, Arnie Tuadles and Nelson Asaytono. If they put Jerry in there, I dont see no reason why the Bull should be leftout.

The Bull should be in the Top 25 in the first place.

Danny Seigle - Abe King
    Olcen Racela - Arnie Tuadles
    Jeffrey Cariaso - Nelson Asaytono

Aside from the 7 MVP winners,

Danny S., Nelso A., Mark C. All 3 have too many accomplishments outside of winning the MVP.

As much as Danny S and Mark C made huge impact in their rookie years and championship season, they never did something close to what Abe King and Arnie Tuadles done when talking about greatness.

something like Arnie Tuadles' 33-point performance in Game 7 of the 1990 All Filipino Finals, stepping up for an injured teammate and a scoring threat, Allan Caidic, and this came 11 years since Tuadles' rookie season, Danny Seigle and Mark Caguioa are now entering their 11th and 9th year in the PBA, where are they now, full of injuries, King and Tuadles were also vital cogs whenever they played with different teams, Danny S and Mark C has so far played only for their respective teams.

Plus the fact that Arnie Tuadles was the first rookie to crack the Mythical 5 in 1979 - something that Danny Seigle was able to do twenty years after.

King, on the other hand, revolutionized the power forward position. Perhaps the best prototype power forward in PBA history, he reoriented PBA fans as to what the position truly does. King did the dirty job inside - collaring the boards, boxing out the best rebounder of the opponent, defends the interior, provides the menacing presence that can intimidate other players, etc. These two former Toyota players should have been part of the original Top 25 list instead of Jojo Lastimosa and Jerry Codinera. Nothing against the latter two since they're no slouches themselves but in terms of longevity and accomplishment, I feel Tuadles and King were more deserving. Codinera and Lastimosa should be included in the next 25 though.

I just remember the 1990 season, i was just a little kid, Presto sweep the eliminations (10-0) but struggled on the double round robin semi-finals winning only 3 out of 8 games. They ended up playing SMB on a do or die game and the winner will face Purefoods in the Finals. I've watch the whole series and all games were good and exciting. The series could be one of the best in the history of the PBA.
    Purefoods took games 2, 4 and 6, Presto wins 1, 3, 5 and 7 for the Championship.

Some Players from the 1990 Presto Champions. Please feel free to add or correct me, these are just players that i remember.

Allan Caidic
    Arnie Tuadles
    Abe King
    Zaldy Realubit
    Gerry Esplana
    Apet Jao
    Onchie Dela Cruz

arwind santos is inching in closer. going for his 4th defensive team membership.

Arwind Santos?
    -still has to prove a lot..being named in the defensive team does'nt means greatness of a player....

Quote Originally Posted by mhykael11 View Post
    I just remember the 1990 season, i was just a little kid, Presto sweep the eliminations (10-0) but struggled on the double round robin semi-finals winning only 3 out of 8 games. They ended up playing SMB on a do or die game and the winner will face Purefoods in the Finals. I've watch the whole series and all games were good and exciting. The series could be one of the best in the history of the PBA.
    Purefoods took games 2, 4 and 6, Presto wins 1, 3, 5 and 7 for the Championship.

Some Players from the 1990 Presto Champions. Please feel free to add or correct me, these are just players that i remember.

Allan Caidic
    Arnie Tuadles
    Abe King
    Zaldy Realubit
    Gerry Esplana
    Apet Jao
    Onchie Dela Cruz
    Add

Manny Victorino
    Padim Israel
    Willie Generalao
    Hernani Demigillo
    Totoy Marquez
    Joy Carpio

Quote Originally Posted by dozentwelve View Post
    Arwind Santos?
    -still has to prove a lot..being named in the defensive team does'nt means greatness of a player....

He is getting there,

Top 15 in points, rebs, stl and blocks for 3 years means a lot. And doing it in only 32-35 minutes. He is top 5 in scoring, rebs, double double and blocks

2 more years of that consistency and an all-filipino championship with match him with the likes of asaytono, cariaso, hatfield, duremdes and aquino

Quote Originally Posted by tito423 View Post
    Add

Manny Victorino
    Padim Israel
    Willie Generalao
    Hernani Demigillo
    Totoy Marquez
    Joy Carpio
    Dakal Salamat tito423...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    35 yrs and did not even bear any GOLD FRUITS for international fame and competition. haha
    sabagay baby ka pa, balang araw, ikaw ang magbibigay ng international fame sa pinas, galingan mo baby Dom

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    Plus the fact that Arnie Tuadles was the first rookie to crack the Mythical 5 in 1979 - something that Danny Seigle was able to do twenty years after.

King, on the other hand, revolutionized the power forward position. Perhaps the best prototype power forward in PBA history, he reoriented PBA fans as to what the position truly does. King did the dirty job inside - collaring the boards, boxing out the best rebounder of the opponent, defends the interior, provides the menacing presence that can intimidate other players, etc. These two former Toyota players should have been part of the original Top 25 list instead of Jojo Lastimosa and Jerry Codinera. Nothing against the latter two since they're no slouches themselves but in terms of longevity and accomplishment, I feel Tuadles and King were more deserving. Codinera and Lastimosa should be included in the next 25 though.
    I think I should count out Manny Paner and Danny Florencio instead, Jolas won 10 championships in the PBA, In fact, he's more accomplished than some of those who won the MVP awards, Jerry, on the other hand, formed a perfect partnership with Alvin Patrimonio, resulting to Purefoods' dominance in the All-Filipino, Alvin cant do it without his buddy, Codinera.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast