PEx Highlights

PEx How To: Get a Philippine Passport

Planning to travel soon? PExer Shemvel shares with us how you can easily secure a passport in SM Megamall!

read more

Pangako Sa'yo Official Discussion Thread

Excited na ba kayo sa pagbabalik ng KathNiel sa primetime TV? Sali na sa usapan ng mga PExers sa discussion thread ng Pangako Sa'yo!

read more

REVIEW: The Age of Adaline

A twist of 'Benjamin Button' plus 'Pushing Daisies' and a little bit of Nicholas Sparks on the side gives you 'Age of Adaline.'

read more

REVIEW: Spy

"A stirring showcase of laughs and thrills!" Read movie forum moderator forg's full review here!

read more

Most ideal tandem for the 2016 elections?

If you have a chance to decide on who should go for office as running mates in the 2016 elections, who would you choose and why?

read more

The Best PBA Products from the UAAP

We remember Lakay, Johnny A, Jolas, Bogs, James, Benjie, Kenneth, and Lim Eng Beng as we list down the best PBA product of each UAAP school.

read more

Tue, May 5

Wed, May 6

FINAL

FINAL

KIA83
SMB78

Fri, May 8

FINAL

Sat, May 9

FINAL

SMB95

FINAL

Sun, May 10

Tue, May 12

Wed, May 13

FINAL

FINAL

KIA98

Fri, May 15

Sat, May 16

Sun, May 17

FINAL

SMB124

FINAL

Mon, May 18

FINAL

KIA85

Fri, May 22

Sat, May 23

Sun, May 24

FINAL

FINAL

SMB100

Tue, May 26 - Cuneta Astrodome

Wed, May 27 - Araneta Coliseum

04:15 PMBARAKOSMB
07:00 PMSTARALASKA

Fri, May 29 - Araneta Coliseum

Sun, May 31 - Araneta Coliseum

05:15 PMSMBGINEBRA

Tue, Jun 2 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMALASKANLEX

Wed, Jun 3 - MOA Arena

Fri, Jun 5 - Araneta Coliseum

04:15 PMALASKAKIA
07:00 PMNLEXSMB

Sat, Jun 6 - Bacolod City

Sun, Jun 7 - Araneta Coliseum

05:15 PMSTARGINEBRA

Tue, Jun 9 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, Jun 10 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMBARAKOKIA

Fri, Jun 12 - Araneta Coliseum

Sat, Jun 13 - Araneta Coliseum

03:00 PMALASKABARAKO

Sun, Jun 14 - Araneta Coliseum

Tue, Jun 16 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, Jun 17 - Araneta Coliseum

Fri, Jun 19 - Araneta Coliseum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1

    35 years of PBA (35 Greatest Players of All-time)

    35 PBA Greatest Players of All-time (1975 - 2010)

    1. Ramon Fernandez
    2. Robert Jaworski
    3. Alvin Patrimonio
    4. William Adornado
    5. Allan Caidic
    6. Abet Guidaben
    7. Benjie Paras
    8. Vergel Meneses
    9. Kenneth Duremdes
    10. Johnny Abarrientos
    11. Atoy Co
    12. Ato Agustin
    13. Freddie Hubalde
    14. Ricky Brown
    15. Philip Cezar
    16. Manny Paner
    17. Jerry Codinera
    18. Jojo Lastimosa
    19. Hector Calma
    20. Samboy Lim
    21. Danny Florencio
    22. Ronnie Magsanoc
    23. Bernie Fabiosa
    24. Lim Eng Beng
    25. Francis Arnaiz
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    26. Danny Ildefonso
    27. Asi Taulava
    28. Willie Miller
    29. Jay-jay Helterbrand
    30. Eric Menk
    31. James Yap
    32. Kelly Williams
    33. Danny Siegle
    34. Olsen Racela
    35. Jeffrey Cariaso

  2. #2

  3. #3
    35 yrs and did not even bear any GOLD FRUITS for international fame and competition. haha

  4. #4
    Sir i think Ildefonso's already included in the 25 greatest since he won his MVP back in 2000?

    not sure though but i think he's the 25th member of PBA's greatest

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chain_saw8 View Post
    35 PBA Greatest Players of All-time (1975 - 2010)

    1. Ramon Fernandez
    2. Robert Jaworski
    3. Alvin Patrimonio
    4. William Adornado
    5. Allan Caidic
    6. Abet Guidaben
    7. Benjie Paras
    8. Vergel Meneses
    9. Kenneth Duremdes
    10. Johnny Abarrientos
    11. Atoy Co
    12. Ato Agustin
    13. Freddie Hubalde
    14. Ricky Brown
    15. Philip Cezar
    16. Manny Paner
    17. Jerry Codinera
    18. Jojo Lastimosa
    19. Hector Calma
    20. Samboy Lim
    21. Danny Florencio
    22. Ronnie Magsanoc
    23. Bernie Fabiosa
    24. Lim Eng Beng
    25. Francis Arnaiz
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    26. Danny Ildefonso
    27. Asi Taulava
    28. Willie Miller
    29. Jay-jay Helterbrand
    30. Eric Menk
    31. James Yap
    32. Kelly Williams
    33. Danny Siegle
    34. Olsen Racela
    35. Jeffrey Cariaso
    ^^ No love for Nelson Asaytono


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
    ^^ No love for Nelson Asaytono

    my thoughts exactly..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by girlyness View Post
    Sir i think Ildefonso's already included in the 25 greatest since he won his MVP back in 2000?

    not sure though but i think he's the 25th member of PBA's greatest

    First 25 were given already by the PBA (just check on www.pba.com.ph), no one can change / revised that.

    the next 10 (26-35) are from 2000-2010.

  8. #8
    Last 10, the 7 MVP winners from 2000-2009, plus Abe King, Arnie Tuadles and Nelson Asaytono. If they put Jerry in there, I dont see no reason why the Bull should be leftout.

  9. #9
    The Bull should be in the Top 25 in the first place.

    Danny Seigle - Abe King
    Olcen Racela - Arnie Tuadles
    Jeffrey Cariaso - Nelson Asaytono

  10. #10
    Aside from the 7 MVP winners,

    Danny S., Nelso A., Mark C. All 3 have too many accomplishments outside of winning the MVP.

  11. #11
    As much as Danny S and Mark C made huge impact in their rookie years and championship season, they never did something close to what Abe King and Arnie Tuadles done when talking about greatness.

    something like Arnie Tuadles' 33-point performance in Game 7 of the 1990 All Filipino Finals, stepping up for an injured teammate and a scoring threat, Allan Caidic, and this came 11 years since Tuadles' rookie season, Danny Seigle and Mark Caguioa are now entering their 11th and 9th year in the PBA, where are they now, full of injuries, King and Tuadles were also vital cogs whenever they played with different teams, Danny S and Mark C has so far played only for their respective teams.

  12. #12
    Plus the fact that Arnie Tuadles was the first rookie to crack the Mythical 5 in 1979 - something that Danny Seigle was able to do twenty years after.

    King, on the other hand, revolutionized the power forward position. Perhaps the best prototype power forward in PBA history, he reoriented PBA fans as to what the position truly does. King did the dirty job inside - collaring the boards, boxing out the best rebounder of the opponent, defends the interior, provides the menacing presence that can intimidate other players, etc. These two former Toyota players should have been part of the original Top 25 list instead of Jojo Lastimosa and Jerry Codinera. Nothing against the latter two since they're no slouches themselves but in terms of longevity and accomplishment, I feel Tuadles and King were more deserving. Codinera and Lastimosa should be included in the next 25 though.

  13. #13
    I just remember the 1990 season, i was just a little kid, Presto sweep the eliminations (10-0) but struggled on the double round robin semi-finals winning only 3 out of 8 games. They ended up playing SMB on a do or die game and the winner will face Purefoods in the Finals. I've watch the whole series and all games were good and exciting. The series could be one of the best in the history of the PBA.
    Purefoods took games 2, 4 and 6, Presto wins 1, 3, 5 and 7 for the Championship.

    Some Players from the 1990 Presto Champions. Please feel free to add or correct me, these are just players that i remember.

    Allan Caidic
    Arnie Tuadles
    Abe King
    Zaldy Realubit
    Gerry Esplana
    Apet Jao
    Onchie Dela Cruz

  14. #14
    arwind santos is inching in closer. going for his 4th defensive team membership.

  15. #15
    Arwind Santos?
    -still has to prove a lot..being named in the defensive team does'nt means greatness of a player....

  16. Advertisement

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mhykael11 View Post
    I just remember the 1990 season, i was just a little kid, Presto sweep the eliminations (10-0) but struggled on the double round robin semi-finals winning only 3 out of 8 games. They ended up playing SMB on a do or die game and the winner will face Purefoods in the Finals. I've watch the whole series and all games were good and exciting. The series could be one of the best in the history of the PBA.
    Purefoods took games 2, 4 and 6, Presto wins 1, 3, 5 and 7 for the Championship.

    Some Players from the 1990 Presto Champions. Please feel free to add or correct me, these are just players that i remember.

    Allan Caidic
    Arnie Tuadles
    Abe King
    Zaldy Realubit
    Gerry Esplana
    Apet Jao
    Onchie Dela Cruz
    Add

    Manny Victorino
    Padim Israel
    Willie Generalao
    Hernani Demigillo
    Totoy Marquez
    Joy Carpio

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dozentwelve View Post
    Arwind Santos?
    -still has to prove a lot..being named in the defensive team does'nt means greatness of a player....

    He is getting there,

    Top 15 in points, rebs, stl and blocks for 3 years means a lot. And doing it in only 32-35 minutes. He is top 5 in scoring, rebs, double double and blocks

    2 more years of that consistency and an all-filipino championship with match him with the likes of asaytono, cariaso, hatfield, duremdes and aquino

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tito423 View Post
    Add

    Manny Victorino
    Padim Israel
    Willie Generalao
    Hernani Demigillo
    Totoy Marquez
    Joy Carpio
    Dakal Salamat tito423...

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    35 yrs and did not even bear any GOLD FRUITS for international fame and competition. haha
    sabagay baby ka pa, balang araw, ikaw ang magbibigay ng international fame sa pinas, galingan mo baby Dom

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    Plus the fact that Arnie Tuadles was the first rookie to crack the Mythical 5 in 1979 - something that Danny Seigle was able to do twenty years after.

    King, on the other hand, revolutionized the power forward position. Perhaps the best prototype power forward in PBA history, he reoriented PBA fans as to what the position truly does. King did the dirty job inside - collaring the boards, boxing out the best rebounder of the opponent, defends the interior, provides the menacing presence that can intimidate other players, etc. These two former Toyota players should have been part of the original Top 25 list instead of Jojo Lastimosa and Jerry Codinera. Nothing against the latter two since they're no slouches themselves but in terms of longevity and accomplishment, I feel Tuadles and King were more deserving. Codinera and Lastimosa should be included in the next 25 though.
    I think I should count out Manny Paner and Danny Florencio instead, Jolas won 10 championships in the PBA, In fact, he's more accomplished than some of those who won the MVP awards, Jerry, on the other hand, formed a perfect partnership with Alvin Patrimonio, resulting to Purefoods' dominance in the All-Filipino, Alvin cant do it without his buddy, Codinera.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement


PBA Team Standings

WIN - LOSS
Barako Bull Energy 4 0
Alaska Aces 3 1
GlobalPort Batang Pier 3 2
San Miguel Beermen 3 2
Kia Carnival 2 1
Talk N Text Tropang Texters 2 1
Barangay Ginebra San Miguel 2 3
Meralco Bolts 2 3
Blackwater Elite 1 3
NLEX Road Warriors 1 3
Rain or Shine Elasto Painters 1 3
Star Hotshots 1 3

Hot Topics

NBA:

LeBron James leads Cleveland in overtime win against Atlanta

LeBron James leads Cleveland in overtime win against Atlanta

read more
TV:

KathNiel, balik TV na mamayang gabi sa pilot episode ng Pangako Sa'yo!

KathNiel, balik TV na mamayang gabi sa pilot episode ng Pangako Sa'yo!

read more
V-LEAGUE:

PLDT foils Army upset, forces rubber match for V-League crown

PLDT foils Army upset, forces rubber match for V-League crown

read more
MOVIES:

Nora Aunor's 'Taklub' gets Ecumenical Jury Prize-Special Mention at Cannes

Nora Aunor's 'Taklub' gets Ecumenical Jury Prize-Special Mention at Cannes

read more
TRAVEL:

What's the first thing you do after an out of the country trip?

What's the first thing you do after an out of the country trip?

read more

Advertisement