PEx Highlights

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

REVIEW: Laggies

If Laggies was an animal, it will be an old turtle -- slow, old and boring. Read our full review here.

read more

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1172
    I hope the Ateneo crowd this UAAP CDC will be more enthusiastic, just like in 2009. Sana may kasamang blue balloons or other props din sila. Audience impact does make a huge difference -- and that's what UP, FEU, & UST really have talaga. All out, all heart BBB!

Typhoon Scardragon strandedstranger's Avatar
    Haha if only we could get more people to watch Babble strut their stuff.

-and that's coming from a person who has yet to watch any performance live hahahaha.

I agree with dark_ardent: ADMU BBB lack the spirit and energy of the crowd that UP, UST and FEU have. I suggest BBB supporters should also invest in crowd props.

I'm rooting for the BBB to land back again sa top three. Kaya niyo yan.

Hi piniskat , it's nice to see someone who religiously support UP to hope for BBB to get a podium finish.

Good luck to the UP Pep Squad, too!

Quote Originally Posted by piniskat View Post
    I agree with dark_ardent: ADMU BBB lack the spirit and energy of the crowd that UP, UST and FEU have. I suggest BBB supporters should also invest in crowd props.

I'm rooting for the BBB to land back again sa top three. Kaya niyo yan.
    ahem.

@Flushthoughts: You're welcome. I have high hopes with BBB because they have the skills, the moves and the technique. Kulang na lang is the kiliti/oommphh factor which (UP and UST have mastererd) and crowd support. But they are getting there.

@Feelingero: Ano yang ehem na yan?

whose idea was it to have a group of ateneo fans sit in the feu side and slowly reveal letters that spelled out ATENEO MAKE SOME NOISE ? that was brilliant!!!

first time this season i got goosebumps cheering with the 6th man! ONE BIG FIGHT!
    Last edited by obf990307; Aug 13, 2011 at 09:20 PM.

the thing with BBB in the CDC is that there isn't really a fan base. the crowd is composed of family and friends of the performing members and some bbb alumni. rarely would there would be ateneans/fans with no affiliations whatsoever with the current team who will scavenge for tickets and brave the masses come competition day.

prolly because the team has rarely been placing in the top three. if it were a strong contender for the top spot im pretty sure it will draw the same crowd your mbt draws.

^Kaya nga hopefully the 'crowd impact' is dropped from the criteria. This particular percentage will only boost the perennial contender's stand.

^ Actually, they removed that criterion a couple of years back. The closest that we have now is 5-points on cheer audibility.

We can do this! We believe!

Let's just say it's more of keeping the faith alive.

Afterall, it all boils down to who the best team is on that day.

[spoiler start] Unless there's a new rule/policy/procedure to be incorporated this season that would make my previous sentence less hypothetical.[/spoiler end]

Soon. We'll see.

For now... ONE BIG FIGHT!

haha i'm sensing flushthoughts knows something we don't. damn. what could it be?

^ [spoiler start] surprise surprise![/spoiler end]

Quote Originally Posted by feelingero View Post
    prolly because the team has rarely been placing in the top three. if it were a strong contender for the top spot im pretty sure it will draw the same crowd your mbt draws.
    i don't think so...

i remember yung soccer ng ateneo noon, nag3-peat pa nga e pero hindi parin ganun karami ang crowd support nila from the students and alumni compared sa basketball...

but hopefully mangyari yun...

regardless kung may magcheer man na crowd o wala, we'll be there to compete and have fun...

One Big Fight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flushthoughts View Post

Afterall, it all boils down to who the best team is on that day.
    dont minimize naman the competition into that scale.

It's more of like Ateneo has a rich Basketball tradition dating several decades back so alumni and students have really taken part in watching those ball games.

This is not to say that Ateneo does not have a Cheering tradition while in fact it has the richest tradition in all of the Philippines stemming from the fact that Ateneo formed the first cheering squad in the country. Now why don't Ateneans hoard tickets (like they try to do in Basketball games) during CDC?

I don't think it's a matter of lack of school pride since the passion is really there. Not to belittle the CDC, Ateneans, particularly some alumni, find it rather (to put it nicely) amusing that students will need to cheer for a squad when it is the squad's job to cheer teams to victory.

basketball is a popular sport hence there are more spectators. and yes the crowd grew when ateneo started winning. before i had no problems getting patron and lower box tickets even for big games. now, i'm in upper a or b but i don't mind. the more the merrier!

i am confident that the bbb will show something ateneans, cdc fan or not, can be proud of like they do every year. There hasn't been an incident when they embarrassed the school with a tacky theme or misspelling of the school name that already forced others to rename their squad. (but yeah that squad is back with a vengeance with a new coach and with the talent they already have, they might get a podium finish this year)

the bbb has it's own style. change the colors of the uniforms of some of the other squads and you wouldn't be able to tell which school they come from. as long as the bbb stays classy and original, they can do no wrong in my book win or lose...

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast