PEx Highlights

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

REVIEW: Past Tense

Our reviewer thinks Past Tense is a step down from KimXi's previous outing, Bride for Rent. Read the full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: The Second Edition

We were surprised at the interest generated by last week's special PBA feature on BasketBros. So we decided to put up a Part 2. Read it here!

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

Page 1 of 59 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1172
  1. #1
    Masked Rider wannabe kevzspeare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MKDL System

    Ateneo Blue Babble Battalion

    If the pep squads of UST, FEU, and UP have their own appreciation threads here, then we can have a thread dedicated to Ateneo de Manila University's own cheering squad: the Blue Babble Battalion!

  2. #2
    Mas maganda siguro if buong blue babble battalion meaning from grade school, high school and college blue babble ang magperform sa ateneo-la sale game on sunday! tapos all boys lang - kasi all boys naman talaga ang original blue babble battalion.

    Suggestion lang po! :-)

  3. #3


    ADMU, UST, UP for my top3 this year.

    One big fight!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. taray View Post
    Mas maganda siguro if buong blue babble battalion meaning from grade school, high school and college blue babble ang magperform sa ateneo-la sale game on sunday! tapos all boys lang - kasi all boys naman talaga ang original blue babble battalion.

    Suggestion lang po! :-)
    Now that would be unfair to the male species watching the games.

  5. #5
    Let's hear it for the oldest cheering squad in the country!

  6. #6
    The halftime performances are meh.

    But when the boys are dispersed across the aisles, their quips and taunts are hilarious.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by illumina View Post
    The halftime performances are meh.

    But when the boys are dispersed across the aisles, their quips and taunts are hilarious.
    thats because The Ateneo BBB was created as a Cheer LEADING Squad and not a Cheer DANCING squad like the others schools "PEP" Squads. we dont care about dumb halftime performances and pathetic pyramid building stunts, we only care about making sure the entire crowd cheers throughout the game and help pull the team to victory. and those "quips" and "taunts" are all part of what it truly means to be a part of the BBB and the Ateneo 6th Man. the best cheering gallery in this country bar none.

  8. #8
    Blue, green give way to Cory yellow
    MANILA, Philippines – At least for once, it’s not going to be a choice between blue or green. Yellow, the famous Cory Yellow, will be the color of the day when Ateneo and La Salle clash in the UAAP seniors basketball tournament at the Araneta Coliseum on Sunday.

    Fans of varsity hoops’ bitter rivals will be wearing yellow instead as tribute to the late President Cory Aquino.

    “A suggestion was made, text messages were passed on and it just had a life of its own,” said Bro. Bernie Oca, La Salle’s representative to the league board, yesterday told The STAR.

    This marks the first time in the 72-year history of the league that UAAP fans would be wearing the same color of shirts regardless of what school they would root for.

    “Yes, we will have to buy a yellow shirt to wear on Sunday,” Ateneo athletic director Ricky Palou said.

    Text messages urging students of both schools to wear yellow on Sunday spread like wildfire yesterday as the very woman who turned the color into a symbol of protest and unity when she led a popular, peaceful revolt in 1986, was laid to rest after an eight-hour funeral procession at the Manila Memorial Park in Sucat last night.

    “Just to show how all of us, not just La Sallians and Ateneans, but all Filipinos are moved and inspired to show our love for President Cory Aquino,” said Oca.

    Chuck Buenaventura, La Salle’s other league board member, said he might also wear yellow.

    Even in death, the former President can still weave her Cory magic in spreading peace and unity. – Joey Villar

  9. #9
    I don't mind if BBB will just do a cheering or a mixed of dance as long as they it well and with gusto!

    Hope you will finally barge into the top three in the CDC this year!

    ONE BIG FIGHT!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckuS View Post
    ...and those "quips" and "taunts" are all part of what it truly means to be a part of the BBB and the Ateneo 6th Man. the best cheering gallery in this country bar none.
    I agree with that—I love what they do to get the crowd cheering. It's just that, in the two games I attended this year so far, the halftime routines seemed identical.

    During that game against UP, as a matter of fact, in the dying seconds, the BBB were still valiantly trying to get our hopes up. Resulted in some playful banter with the fans.

  11. #11
    I was also there during the ADMU-UP game. I really like how BBB didnt lose hope during the last seconds and they continued cheering.

  12. #12
    I too prefer cheer LEADING than to cheer DANCING. Actually, I think most Ateneans prefer that (tradition and everything). But I wouldn't mind them breaking tradition once in a while if it means breaking into the freaking top 3.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckuS View Post
    thats because The Ateneo BBB was created as a Cheer LEADING Squad and not a Cheer DANCING squad like the others schools "PEP" Squads. we dont care about dumb halftime performances and pathetic pyramid building stunts, we only care about making sure the entire crowd cheers throughout the game and help pull the team to victory. and those "quips" and "taunts" are all part of what it truly means to be a part of the BBB and the Ateneo 6th Man. the best cheering gallery in this country bar none.
    Got your point...just a reaction though...halftime performances are not dumb and pyramid building stunts are not pathetic because technically, the BBB also do halftime performances. Although theirs is more of the traditional one, pyramids and other related stuff are also done sometimes at the back while the cheers are being yelled...

  14. #14
    It is ok for me if the Ateneo never wins the cheerdancing competition as long as Ateneo always wins the UAAP Men's basketball crown.

    Minor correction lang RuckuS. The BBB is the entire Ateneo cheering community.

  15. #15
    Seer of The Dark Crusade fork-tongue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    AHIG crucible
    T H E Y are coming back...

  16. #16
    i am happy that, so far this season, i have not seen any "that's entertainment" numbers from the babble.

    keep it up folks.

  17. #17
    sana kung gaano kalaki ang drive ng mga atenista na manood na basketball games, maging ganoon rin sila ka supportive ng BBB. this team is a big contender this year. when this team performs, i cheer!

    Go Ateneo!

    hehe

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by c23dance_lover View Post
    Got your point...just a reaction though...halftime performances are not dumb and pyramid building stunts are not pathetic because technically, the BBB also do halftime performances. Although theirs is more of the traditional one, pyramids and other related stuff are also done sometimes at the back while the cheers are being yelled...
    well they do that now, but being a member of the LAST BATCH of ALL MALE BBB.. do understand that we didnt really prepare that much for halftime performances. usually we only had a short meeting (around 10-15mins) before the start of the game and discuss what formations we were gonna do during the halftime break. meaning we never did care about the halftime "show". we had a job and thats to make the entire crowd cheer all game long and with that we were the best. i remember during the 90's there was a time that the UST gallery would laugh at our halftime show routine(sometimes they even boo'ed) because it didnt have any flare as compared to the SDT. but we cheered with passion because in our minds we KNEW that only our school -- ATENEO had a cheering TRADITION, as supposed to their simple cheerdancing antics. which im my mind that time was just a notch higher than circus stunts.

    well, times have changed a LOT since then, Ateneo has GIRL Cheerleaders now .. and other schools, ex. UST has developed a somewhat cheerleading tradition of their own(YJ) ..

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pula_at_luntian View Post
    sana kung gaano kalaki ang drive ng mga atenista na manood na basketball games, maging ganoon rin sila ka supportive ng BBB. this team is a big contender this year. when this team performs, i cheer!

    Go Ateneo!

    hehe
    Sana nga. They really need supporters during the competition itself, because even that can make a huge difference. Pa-"elite" kasi ibang Ateneans, ayaw maging fan. Hindi tuloy naa-appreciate ginagawa nila. They improved a lot pa naman.

    I'm really rooting for them. Hope they will finally break the top 3.

    One big fight!

  20. #20
    I really admire the BBB in its halftime. Kita mo talaga na they were able to lead the crowd, also its a plus na its female cheerleaders are damn hot, sexy and graceful. They are known for their tradational way of cheerleading and I think they should stick to it--its effective and with class. I think never will this group stoop down to the level that it will merely use and dance to the tune of Jai Ho or the kind. Hindi bagay at nakakaasiwa iyon kapag ganun.

    During the UP-ADMU Battle of Katipunan game, nice to see how they lead the crowd until the end.

Page 1 of 59 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement



Advertisement


Hot Topics

SHOWBIZ:

Be Careful With My Heart ends today! Share your favorite memories in this thread.

Be Careful With My Heart ends today! Share your favorite memories in this thread.

read more
LOCAL AND FOREIGN ISSUES:

Mayor Erap declares four-day holiday in Manila during Pope Francis' visit in the Philippines

Mayor Erap declares four-day holiday in Manila during Pope Francis' visit in the Philippines

read more
TV:

The Voice PH blind auditions continue this weekend! Join the ongoing discussion here.

The Voice PH blind auditions continue this weekend! Join the ongoing discussion here.

read more
UAAP:

Ateneo and La Salle pick up wins vs Adamson and NU to go 2-0

Ateneo and La Salle pick up wins vs Adamson and NU to go 2-0

read more
PBA:

Purefoods douse Kia's upset bid, 88-77

Purefoods douse Kia's upset bid, 88-77

read more
CALL CENTER:

What Christmas gift will you buy yourself this year?

What Christmas gift will you buy yourself this year?

read more
NMFtv:

Chieffy Caligdong reveals the real reason why he retired from the Philippine Azkals

Chieffy Caligdong reveals the real reason why he retired from the Philippine Azkals

read more

Advertisement