PEx Highlights

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

Top TV Shows!

Find out the top 5 TV shows in the Showbiz forums here!

read more

UP StatSoc Goes Infinite!

Come and join UP StatSoc in celebrating their 33rd Anniversary on September 22 to 27!

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

USTET Applications are now online.

I just visited the Admission procedues of UST and discovered that applications are already online.

The OFAD website looks like this:

http://i25.tinypic.com/14x12rq.jpg

Link:

http://myuste.ust.edu.ph:8888/online...ex.jsp?conid=2

Here's what I think...

Advantages:
    1. Paper usage is minimized, thus promoting conservation awareness
    2. Efficient processing of applicant information
    3. A 'modern feel' in applying for admission

Disadvantages:
    1. Website information for incoming freshmen is not updated. Frankly I don't even think the website is informative for freshmen applicants.
    2. Access limited to those who have access to internet connection, although I think snail application is still an option since application forms in.pdf are downloadable from the UST website.
    3. Compromise in Marketing. We all know that thick catchy brochures, folders and bookmarks have been effective in attracting applicants.

===============================================================

Reactions, Thomasians?

They need to put more information. USEFUL information (not vague) to attract those Senior HS students.

2. Access limited to those who have access to internet connection, although I think snail application is still an option since application forms in.pdf are downloadable from the UST website.
    I don't think this should be seen as a disadvantage, rather another option for those who live away from Manila or don't have that much free time to process their application for college in person.

Back in high school, we just filled up the application form and our guidance office was the one who went to UST to process our applications. A lot of schools have been doing that, so it's not a disadvantage.Most of the students nowadays have access to the internet - with or without a PC at home. So, this should not be a problem.

What UST could actually do might be to just ask the applicants to come to the Testing Center or to UST, give their reference number, and have the aid from OFAD print the application form after receiving the requirements. [I'm basing this on the procedure by the AGSB, which might also work for undergraduate applicants].