PEx Highlights

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

REVIEW: Laggies

If Laggies was an animal, it will be an old turtle -- slow, old and boring. Read our full review here.

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kitchen and bathroom faucets

I'm now in the process of choosing the best faucets for my requirements in terms of durability, design, availability of local service and parts, and of course value for money. I'm considering some brands like Kholer, Hansgrohe, Moen, Delta, Danze, American Standard, known to be of good quality. Kholer, Hansgrohe and Moen are quite pricey for me. Delta and Danze are within my set budget. Which one is better? Or any other suggestions?

However, I noticed there are a lot of other unknown or new brands in the market coming mostly from China like CAE, Rofen, etc. Some are priced at par with the known brands while others are cheap. Reliable ba ang mga Chinese brands na ito?

"It's just a flesh wound.." cyberfunk's Avatar
    I'll go for Delta.. As for China made ones, you will find China made Faucets thats exactly look like Delta without the brand. I assume it came out in the same assembly line.. Make sure all you faucets comes with an aerator.

See also the thread 'Toilet and Bath'.

I mentioned there Englefield, which I was told is made in Thailand, and 'sister company' of Kohler. The papers in the box did seem to confirm that.

So far, we've tried Moen, Danze, CAE, Englefield, a real no-name called Madison (bacause it had a nice design though the plain plastic bubble packaging doesn't even say who makes it or where), and something in one of the little stores outside MC Home Depot called Schon. As for how long they will last, who knows. I guess only time will tell.

Once, when we bought HCG toilets and sinks, they came with 'free' HCG faucets but we didn't use them, as they don't look nice. I guess they are giving these things away because nobody likes them? It's supposed to look 'modern' but I don't like faucets with sharp edges and the angular/boxy look. In general, I haven't found any HCG faucet that looks good.

Ang gamit ko ay GROHE,mas maganda ang quality.Ang sink ko naman ay Villeroy and Boch.Wala naman kasi akong iba ng mapagpipilian dito sa lugar ko na hindi gawang China, kailangan namin ito panghabangbuhay kaya kahit medyo mahal ay binili ko.Mura nga hindi naman nagtatagal ang quality.

Quote Originally Posted by basbr View Post
    I'm now in the process of choosing the best faucets for my requirements in terms of durability, design, availability of local service and parts, and of course value for money. I'm considering some brands like Kholer, Hansgrohe, Moen, Delta, Danze, American Standard, known to be of good quality. Kholer, Hansgrohe and Moen are quite pricey for me. Delta and Danze are within my set budget. Which one is better? Or any other suggestions?

However, I noticed there are a lot of other unknown or new brands in the market coming mostly from China like CAE, Rofen, etc. Some are priced at par with the known brands while others are cheap. Reliable ba ang mga Chinese brands na ito?
    rofen is china made?

According to the one vendor, Rofen comes from China. Another one I asked said Rofen is Swiss made, although both are just priced the same. I would like to believe it comes from China because the price range is like the other China made faucets, with or without brand names. The usual tagline of China or Asian made items are "German Technology", "Swiss Technology" but just the same they are Asian made.

According to a vendor, some known brands made in China are legitimate , meaning they are really under supervision of the western brands or have own factories relocated in Asia for the low labor cost. But some are just using the brand names and pay royalties. And some are using brand names illegally. No wonder some don't have brand names at all.

Maybe ask to see the box and the papers inside, if any. If box or papers don't say anything, then most likely Rofen is not Swiss-made.

metrosexual shopaholic glenchuy's Avatar
    inda is a decent/good brand. and i-life (from china) is a very good brand and very good value for money. (both from dexterton)

i use i-life in a lot of my projects because the price is very competitive and the designs are top notch. i have had no problems so far with any of the faucets i have used.

however, for those with discriminating tastes and for those who can tell, nothing still beats the premium brands like kohler, v&b, grohe, hans grohe.

toto is also a decent brand and good value for money (NOT the local toto)

Quote Originally Posted by glenchuy View Post
    toto is also a decent brand and good value for money (NOT the local toto)
    Local Toto meaning made in Philippines? What is wrong with it? How can you tell which is local?

Does this apply to all kinds of Toto (faucets, toilets, sinks) or are you referring to Toto faucets only?

I was told that all stock of toilets and sinks are now from Vietnam. I didn't ask about faucets.

guys,do you have any feedback about delta kitchen & bathroom faucets? Its a US brand but i heard the ones they're selling here are already made in their china factory.

@bossingvic

Delta Faucets outsourced their assembly in China sir.. Well, know brands and most of them are made in China. There was a time that Delta Faucets was being made here too. Nevertheless, Delta faucet is one of the best brands around.

Faucets

Quote Originally Posted by bossingvic View Post
    guys,do you have any feedback about delta kitchen & bathroom faucets? Its a US brand but i heard the ones they're selling here are already made in their china factory.
    yeah that's right but the quality remains. Why? because I have direct contact to the Regional Manager for Asia na assigned sa Philippines but he lives in Korea and na explain na niya bakit nag transfer sa China para mas makatipid sa labor and shipment cost, pero yung mga machines nila same pa rin at galing sa US.

dito sa Philippines they have two distributors...

CO BAN KIAT HARDWARE (handles Ace Hardware and Metro Manila area)

SUMMIT (other hardwares outside Metro Manila)

For those who wants to buy DELTA FAUCET sa mas mura presyo...
    kindly PM me and ibibigay ko sa inyo ang kaibigan ko sa CO BAN KIAT BINONDO MAIN HARDWARE.

Quote Originally Posted by agave View Post
    Local Toto meaning made in Philippines? What is wrong with it? How can you tell which is local?

Does this apply to all kinds of Toto (faucets, toilets, sinks) or are you referring to Toto faucets only?

I was told that all stock of toilets and sinks are now from Vietnam. I didn't ask about faucets.
    Mahaba kwento kasi yang sa TOTO before sila nag full out ng factory sa Batangas year 2006.

before ang may hawak ng TOTO sa Phils. ay ang Mariwasa (40% Coseteng Family, 60% SIAM THAILAND) 2007 i think nakuha ng SIAM GROUP OF COMPANIES from COSETENG... ang full control ng mariwasa... kaya naging MARIWASA SIAM CERAMICS, INC. na ang company name nila...

Ang TOTO naman nag close ng factory at office at ibinigay ng TOTO Japan ang control sa TOTO LTD. SINGAPORE. na ang ginawang exclusive distributor ay ang SPIRA SALES, INC. (sis company ng TASCO sa Murphy).

Ang dating Project Sales Manager ng TOTO nasa Republic Chemical na ngayon o mas kilala ang brand nila na Elastoseal, Pioneer

Quote Originally Posted by tholits1224 View Post
    Mahaba kwento kasi yang sa TOTO before sila nag full out ng factory sa Batangas year 2006.

before ang may hawak ng TOTO sa Phils. ay ang Mariwasa (40% Coseteng Family, 60% SIAM THAILAND) 2007 i think nakuha ng SIAM GROUP OF COMPANIES from COSETENG... ang full control ng mariwasa... kaya naging MARIWASA SIAM CERAMICS, INC. na ang company name nila...

Ang TOTO naman nag close ng factory at office at ibinigay ng TOTO Japan ang control sa TOTO LTD. SINGAPORE. na ang ginawang exclusive distributor ay ang SPIRA SALES, INC. (sis company ng TASCO sa Murphy).

Ang dating Project Sales Manager ng TOTO nasa Republic Chemical na ngayon o mas kilala ang brand nila na Elastoseal, Pioneer
    ok. now back to agave's question, what is wrong with it? and would it be possible to tell which is local?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    ok. now back to agave's question, what is wrong with it? and would it be possible to tell which is local?
    now wala na sila local made na faucets... majority are made in Thailand under TOTO JAPAN.

After asking around, including here at pex, I purchased Delta faucets because it has good reputation of reliability and durability. Also because it has a distributor that services here for years and parts that are available widely. Delta is also very reasonably priced. It is a reputable American brand but manufactured in China.

I also got the new Chinese brand CAE because I needed wall mounted basin mixers and it has gorgeously designed line. Actually, I also considered Rofen, made in China. But the vendor said there is no support or parts for that locally, and I have to replace the whole faucet when it breaks down. I chose CEA because the local distributor Sanitec guarantees they will support it.

Thanks cyberfunk & tholits1224 for your replies to my query about delta faucets.

I'll definitely consider purchasing the delta brand faucets instead of other brands.

Thanks again,guys!

Guys what are your feedbacks on BRAVAT?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbs View Post
    Guys what are your feedbacks on BRAVAT?
    Thanks!
    Chan C. Bros., Inc. ang distributor ng Bravat sa Phils. sila din ang owner ng Liwayway Marketing at may hawak ng franchise ng Bench.

pasado naman sa UAP architects ang quality ng Bravat in fact madami ako kilala na top architects na ang projects ay hotel, condo ito yung ginamit nila.....

sa mga designs kasi specs lang ang nilalagay ng architects at base na rin sa kanila may laban naman ang specs ng Bravat sa mga top brands.

I think Chan C. Bros was premier supplier of Acrylics since way back when.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast