PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast

UST CPA Review Center

UST will open a review center starting with the October 2010 CPA Board Exam.

If you are from UST, will you review in this new review center? Why or why not?

If you are not from UST, will you review in this review center? Why or Why not/

What will make you change your mind?

What I would like to know first is the reason behind UST-AMV opening a review center.

Also, where is the venue? Is it going to be in the AMV Building? Thomas Aquinas Research Complex? Somewhere else?

My concern is the possibility that they are putting up the review center for the wrong reasons.

Can someone please provide explanations?

Is it exclusive only for UST graduates?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1234 View Post
    Is it exclusive only for UST graduates?
    It will be open to non-UST grads. But I think if the line-up of reviewers are the same as the current college faculty line-up, UST grads will not enroll in their own review center. UST students might think that the materials & learnings will just be a repeat of what they have learned from the undergrad. No value-added to them.

The fact that most of the reviewers were also the reviewers of IPRSD & CTDI-Manila that posted an impressive 80% passing percentage will have no bearing as far as the UST students are concerned since that high passing percentage is also the passing percentage of UST.

Hope they will finalize their line-up of reviewers soon. I heard it will be filled mostly by deans and former deans of accountancy & law schools.

Tentative line-up includes Pat Empleo, Dean Nitz Robles, Chris German (P2), Dean Riano (BL), Bucao (AT) with Dean Pol Bobadilla as the review center researcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Tan View Post
    Tentative line-up includes Pat Empleo, Dean Nitz Robles, Chris German (P2), Dean Riano (BL), Bucao (AT) with Dean Pol Bobadilla as the review center researcher.
    Okay so does this mean that the review center would serve as some sort of a research facility? Are they going to conduct experiments as to what does and does not work in a CPA review class?

Quote Originally Posted by Juntrix View Post
    Okay so does this mean that the review center would serve as some sort of a research facility? Are they going to conduct experiments as to what does and does not work in a CPA review class?
    Research? No. Compilation of test banks? Yes. Making original questions to be forwarded to BOA? Maybe. Benchmarking review materials from other sources? Yes.

hi sir larry

Dean Bobadilla is hoping that he can finalize the line up of reviewers within this month. So far there are 3 outsiders (non-UST faculty member) who may be asked to be a reviewer in the Center. 2 current deans of their respective college and 1 former dean of a chinese school.

So far here are the list of reviewers:
    TOA - Mrs Patricia Empleo
    P1- Dean Nenita Robles
    P2 - Mr Chris German
    BL - ?
    Tax - Atty Sarip Macmod
    AT - Mr Oliver Bucao/Dean Bobadilla
    AP - Mrs Patricia Empleo
    MAS - Dean Bobadilla

I will update you about the final line up of reviewers

Hello graduating student of UST AMV here.

Since we are the first batch who will undertake this review, our only bases for taking this is the line up of reviewers, schedule, handouts and such. And the price can also be a factor.

One good thing about this is that, UST knows where its students are lacking - so they can focus more on that.

Most of us are considering taking double reviews - ust and some other place.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyAndClover View Post

One good thing about this is that, UST knows where its students are lacking - so they can focus more on that.

just curious, if UST knows where its students are lacking, why dont correct it in the undergrade? why wait till they are in the review?

off topic: after UST establish its own CPA review, whats next? own Nursing review center? review center for pharmacist??? just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyAndClover View Post
    Hello graduating student of UST AMV here.

Since we are the first batch who will undertake this review, our only bases for taking this is the line up of reviewers, schedule, handouts and such. And the price can also be a factor.

Most of us are considering taking double reviews - ust and some other place.
    Just curious, are you required to take review there?

Quote Originally Posted by ansonkeh View Post
    Just curious, are you required to take review there?
    I think no school can force their graduates to take their review in their own review center. However, they can always give incentives such as scholarships, tuition subsidy & the likes.

I know of a school, na kahit anong subsidy ang ibigay nila sa graduates nila, wala pa ring taker sa offer nila. Kaya naging review center siya for take 3 & up. Those who wanted to take a "legitimate honest-to-goodness" refresher course. In fairness to this review center, they have a very good review program. Maybe, it will be better if they too offer undergrad review. Very accessible kasi location niya.

"just curious, if UST knows where its students are lacking, why dont correct it in the undergrade? why wait till they are in the review? "

I'm saying NOT in a sense that the students themselves are lacking - rather, I'm talking about specific topics that UST might have crammed into our heads because of time limitations.

And I don't think you cannot "correct" students - you can only direct them - and the rest is up to the students themselves.

But of course, this just my opinion. hahahaha.

hi everyone

UST is opening its review center for the May 2010 Board Exam!!

Good news for undergraduate students. You may also review for the May 2010 Board exam but you can only take a maximum of 3 to 4subjects. You will get a discount in your next enrolment if you want to continue to review for the October 2010 Board Exam.

I will update you guys with thelist of lineup once it is final.

God bless

Quote Originally Posted by prince_sniffer View Post
    hi everyone

UST is opening its review center for the May 2010 Board Exam!!

Good news for undergraduate students. You may also review for the May 2010 Board exam but you can only take a maximum of 3 to 4subjects. You will get a discount in your next enrolment if you want to continue to review for the October 2010 Board Exam.

I will update you guys with thelist of lineup once it is final.

God bless
    This seems to be a good value proposition, a reviewee gets to address his weakness in 3 subjects during undergrad, before doing a full-blast review for the October Board Exam. Not bad.

Question na lang is how much is the total package?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Tan View Post
    This seems to be a good value proposition, a reviewee gets to address his weakness in 3 subjects during undergrad, before doing a full-blast review for the October Board Exam. Not bad.

Question na lang is how much is the total package?
    Hi Sir Larry

As of now the review director is still finalizing the cost of the review (i.e. reservation fee, review fee, the package for the double review) and also finalizing the list of the reviewers. Hopefully the 3 deans will accept the invitation...

16. Advertisement

Kapag nakumpleto niyo ang powerhouse line-up nyo, next thing to do is craft for marketing entry strategy.

Update about the review center:

One of the the 3 deans already accepted the offer to become part of UST Accountancy Review Center. She is just seeking an approval from the President of "her" school to allow her to do such thing.

I will give you the name of the said Dean once she is already allowed by her school =D

God bless

Where will the review center be housed and what is the official name?
    What is the main objective of UST on opening a review center?
    Where would the review center fall organizationally? is it under AMV? Under the Dean? Etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Juntrix View Post
    Where will the review center be housed and what is the official name?
    What is the main objective of UST on opening a review center?
    Where would the review center fall organizationally? is it under AMV? Under the Dean? Etc?
    Hi Juntrix,

Upto to now the review director is still contemplating where to house the review center. But definitely this will be inside the university campus. As of now there ino official name for the review center. People are just calling it as UST - Accountancy Review Center because as far as we all now nursing also has its review center.

The review director is in close coordination with the Dean of AMV-College of Accountancy.

I'm an Architecture graduate of UST.

The reason for the establishment of the UST Benavidez Review Center is to coordinate and regulate the performance of UST board takers. Not necessarily board topnotchers but a good board exam passing rate for UST.

The UST Benavidez Review Center Office is located at the UST Tan Yan Kee Student Center (beside I.D. Room, I think)

In Architecture, I believe they conduct review classes in Beato Angelico Building. The college professors are the ones who conducts the review classes but they just repeat the lectures during college, they upgrade it. So far, it has postive results since there is a slot for UST Architecture in the top ten and an impressive college passing rate.

Sorry to interfere, just sharing info about UST's own review center

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast