Canadian Visitor Visa Thread - Page 239 | Visas and Immigration | PinoyExchange

X

Page 239 of 240 First ... 139 189 229 238 239 240 Last
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 4783
  1. #4761
    Quote Originally Posted by isabellaraine View Post
    Really? Hindi ba sila mag iisip na pwede ako maghanap ng work dun? I just graduated last March. Balak ko this December pumunta. Isn't that long na sabihin na fresh grad ako?
    For Canada, it's really a case-to-case basis, based on the documentation and reasons you will provide in your application. It's not out of the question for fresh grads or unemployed people or people without travel history to get approved, but their chances are understandably lower. They're not like the US, who assumes everyone who wants to enter the US is an intending immigrant and does not check documents.

    I already mentioned in my first reply to you what you need for the best chances to get a temporary resident visa. If you happen to get a full-time job by the time you apply for a TRV, that might help.

    Quote Originally Posted by chakaness View Post
    I applied for TRV last July 2012 and i got denied. Here are the reasons for denial:
    reason of immigration status (i dont have any immigration application)
    your family ties in canada and your country of residence
    length or propose stay in canada
    limited employment prospect in your country of residence
    current employment situation

    Now, i am going to reapply:
    My profile is:
    8 years working on current employer
    with 25k monthly gross + bonuses
    300k plus savings opened last 2008 with 300kplus adb
    traveled to China (2X), Australia, Turkey, Japan2X (multiple and single visa), Taiwan, Korea, HK 2X, Malaysia2X, Thailand, Singapore
    Purchased a house in Cavite last 2014
    Have Insurance
    Single, both my parents died and no siblings.
    Is there possibility that i will be approved this time?
    I will just apply on my own, backpacker for 2 weeks. Reason is to see The Northern lights in Calgary
    Made detailed itinerary and booked cancelable hotel reservation.
    "reason of immigration status (i dont have any immigration application)"
    - This reason is usually because you applied in a country outside of your country of citizenship. Was this the case?

    "limited employment prospect in your country of residence
    current employment situation"
    - This is because of the nature of your employment.

    Maybe your travel history will help, but I think your employment status isn't 100% convincing yet (it may also depend how much your bonuses are, then again if you get a 1M bonus, sure na yan). If you can provide the value for your house, or your ongoing payments that might help.

  2. #4762
    Quote Originally Posted by illumina View Post


    "reason of immigration status (i dont have any immigration application)"
    - This reason is usually because you applied in a country outside of your country of citizenship. Was this the case?

    "limited employment prospect in your country of residence
    current employment situation"
    - This is because of the nature of your employment.

    Maybe your travel history will help, but I think your employment status isn't 100% convincing yet (it may also depend how much your bonuses are, then again if you get a 1M bonus, sure na yan). If you can provide the value for your house, or your ongoing payments that might help.
    Thanks for the reply illumina!
    I did not apply in a country outside of country of citizenship during my first application. It was just here in PH. Pansin ko Itong mga consul, parang copy paste lang yung mga reasons ng templates for denial, hindi yata binabasa


    I also can provide contract of my house indicating the total contract price and the payments i made through my monthly checking account.
    I also have investment to insular, will provide statements and payments made.
    My salary is low but been working for 14 years in total. 8 years on my current employer. 36 yo, single.
    I can also provide credit card statements with no interests charges to show my good credit standing.
    I hope my visa will be approved this time.

  3. #4763
    Quote Originally Posted by chakaness View Post
    Thanks for the reply illumina!
    I did not apply in a country outside of country of citizenship during my first application. It was just here in PH. Pansin ko Itong mga consul, parang copy paste lang yung mga reasons ng templates for denial, hindi yata binabasa
    True, it happens. Baka nagkamali lang ng check, if you say you just applied in the PH.

    I also can provide contract of my house indicating the total contract price and the payments i made through my monthly checking account.
    I also have investment to insular, will provide statements and payments made.
    My salary is low but been working for 14 years in total. 8 years on my current employer. 36 yo, single.
    I can also provide credit card statements with no interests charges to show my good credit standing.
    I hope my visa will be approved this time.
    Yeah, it depends on which perspective the visa officer will take. IMO, you can omit the credit card statements. In addition to your employment, investment, and house payments, focus on your travel history. Make a table of your travels in the last 10 years (city, date, duration, purpose of travel) and include all your stamps and visas. Good luck!

  4. #4764
    Quote Originally Posted by chakaness View Post
    Now, i am going to reapply:
    My profile is:
    8 years working on current employer
    with 25k monthly gross + bonuses
    300k plus savings opened last 2008 with 300kplus adb
    traveled to China (2X), Australia, Turkey, Japan2X (multiple and single visa), Taiwan, Korea, HK 2X, Malaysia2X, Thailand, Singapore
    Purchased a house in Cavite last 2014
    Have Insurance
    Single, both my parents died and no siblings.
    Is there possibility that i will be approved this time?
    I will just apply on my own, backpacker for 2 weeks. Reason is to see The Northern lights in Calgary
    Made detailed itinerary and booked cancelable hotel reservation.
    When did you visit Australia and Turkey? After your denial in 2012 or before that?

  5. #4765
    Hello! Pa assess naman kung may chance ako maapprove ng Canada TRV, here's my profile

    -31/Male
    -Working in BPO company for 8 1/2 years
    -Monthly salary P20,000 plus allowances
    -Currently no savings sa bank (I always used my money for travel, that's why i dont have that much)
    -I have multiple entry visa to Japan, S.Korea (valid til 2021) and a newly approved US visa (valid til 2027)
    -I've been to Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China, HongKong, South Korea, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, Taiwan, Nepal, UAE, Turkey, Russia, Armenia, Georgia
    - Im going to India this September, Hawaii on Feb 2018 ( Thanks to AirAsia seatsale last week)
    -Purpose of travel to Canada is visit Vancouver, My cousins (US citizen) invited me to do a roadtrip from California to Vancouver, they will shoulder all my expenses during the trip except for my food. We will stay in Vancouver for 3-5 days then will go back to California

    What additional documents do you think I need to present? is it okay to ask my cousins for an invitation stating that they will pay for my expenses even they are not Canadian Citizen?

  6. #4766
    Quote Originally Posted by orioe View Post
    Hello! Pa assess naman kung may chance ako maapprove ng Canada TRV, here's my profile

    -31/Male
    -Working in BPO company for 8 1/2 years
    -Monthly salary P20,000 plus allowances
    -Currently no savings sa bank (I always used my money for travel, that's why i dont have that much)
    -I have multiple entry visa to Japan, S.Korea (valid til 2021) and a newly approved US visa (valid til 2027)
    I think you will be denied because of the first 4 points, but it's not my opinion that matters. If the visa officer will see your extensive travel history as a plus, or if there's something else that you are not mentioning here, then perhaps you can get one after all.

    What additional documents do you think I need to present? is it okay to ask my cousins for an invitation stating that they will pay for my expenses even they are not Canadian Citizen?
    It won't hurt to do that, but the invitation letter is generally expected to come from a Canadian resident.

  7. #4767
    Quote Originally Posted by illumina View Post
    True, it happens. Baka nagkamali lang ng check, if you say you just applied in the PH.



    Yeah, it depends on which perspective the visa officer will take. IMO, you can omit the credit card statements. In addition to your employment, investment, and house payments, focus on your travel history. Make a table of your travels in the last 10 years (city, date, duration, purpose of travel) and include all your stamps and visas. Good luck!
    OK, noted. Thanks for the tip illumina.

  8. #4768
    Quote Originally Posted by n7610 View Post
    When did you visit Australia and Turkey? After your denial in 2012 or before that?
    HI n7610!

    I just visited TR and AU last year. March 2016 and May 2016. When i was denied last 2012, i only traveled to non visa required countries like HK, Macau, SG and Thailand. I was just 3 years on my current job last 2012 when i was denied. Hope my tenureship now is also an advantage.

  9. #4769
    hi illumina!

    Question again, will 2500 CAD be enough to declare as budget for 2 weeks? What is the number to put in ICU? tried to backread, was not able to see details regarding ICU.

    Thank you!

  10. #4770
    Quote Originally Posted by chakaness View Post
    hi illumina!

    Question again, will 2500 CAD be enough to declare as budget for 2 weeks? What is the number to put in ICU? tried to backread, was not able to see details regarding ICU.

    Thank you!
    I mentioned in the previous page the recommended amount is 1k/week + roundtrip airfare...so the best case is that you declare at least 4000 CAD for a 2-week trip. This is not an official rule, but just a rule of thumb that improves or gauges your chances.

    In case you don't know your UCI from your previous application, you can leave it blank, or if you can't proceed without one, just enter 00000000.

  11. #4771
    Thank you Illumina!
    Do you think these will increase my chances?
    -I will save atleast 100k in my bank account? -I will write a cover letter stating that me and cousin will going to have a roadtrip from California to Vancouver. Staying in Vancouver for 5 days... will this be enough that I have an onward travel from Canada
    - Show a reservation in a hostel in Vancouver.
    - Write a simple itinerary with lots of "free entry" sights

  12. #4772
    Quote Originally Posted by orioe View Post
    Thank you Illumina!
    Do you think these will increase my chances?
    -I will save atleast 100k in my bank account? -I will write a cover letter stating that me and cousin will going to have a roadtrip from California to Vancouver. Staying in Vancouver for 5 days... will this be enough that I have an onward travel from Canada
    - Show a reservation in a hostel in Vancouver.
    - Write a simple itinerary with lots of "free entry" sights
    Sure, that would be advisable. You did say you also were recently granted a US visa, so that might work in your favor...but it's still best if you've already traveled to the US and returned.
    If your cousin is generous enough to provide their bank certificate (since you say they will pay for your trip), that might also work, as well as your entire North America itinerary (it doesn't have to be detailed, just a bullet point or so per day).
    It's advised to apply for a TRV about 3 months before your trip, so if it's still going to be in the future, saving up is a good idea.

  13. #4773
    hi! I just arrived here in Vancouver via VYR airport. I wonder, they didn't stamp my passport. no entry stamp or anything. I used their kiosk btw. I'm also holding a philippine passport and valid multiple trv.

  14. #4774
    I just submitted my online application. The waiting game starts now . Good luck to me. Thank you for this thread especially to ms. illumina!

  15. #4775
    Quote Originally Posted by chakaness View Post
    I just submitted my online application. The waiting game starts now . Good luck to me. Thank you for this thread especially to ms. illumina!
    Naku, just realized 2015 ITR yung nasubmit ko! Ok lang kaya yun?

  16. #4776
    Quote Originally Posted by visaapplicant View Post
    hi! I just arrived here in Vancouver via VYR airport. I wonder, they didn't stamp my passport. no entry stamp or anything. I used their kiosk btw. I'm also holding a philippine passport and valid multiple trv.
    Ah really? That's cool. Looks like YVR just launched those kiosks this spring.
    http://www.yvr.ca/en/business/self-s...rxpress-global

    There are immigration kiosks at YYZ, but they're not the BorderXpress ones, and they're only for Canadian citizens/residents and US citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by chakaness View Post
    Naku, just realized 2015 ITR yung nasubmit ko! Ok lang kaya yun?
    OK lang naman, the ITR is actually not important.

  17. #4777
    Hello,

    My wife will apply for a visitor visa. I will be paying for her expenses. She's doesn't have a job right now but did have her own bank savings.

    In the application form, under 'Funds available for my stay', should I include my bank account funds (total is our combined money)? or only her bank account funds?

    Note: I already have my own visitor visa. We are traveling together.

    Thanks!

  18. #4778
    Quote Originally Posted by illumina View Post
    Ah really? That's cool. Looks like YVR just launched those kiosks this spring.
    http://www.yvr.ca/en/business/self-s...rxpress-global
    There are immigration kiosks at YYZ, but they're not the BorderXpress ones, and they're only for Canadian citizens/residents and US citizens.
    is it really normal that they don't stamp anything on your passport? however, there are still immigration booths. it's like you have to pass through the 1st screening and if you're good to go, you just have to go straight to luggage area but if you have declarations or whatever, you have to go immigration booth on the left side. has anyone experience the same?

  19. #4779
    Quote Originally Posted by visaapplicant View Post
    is it really normal that they don't stamp anything on your passport? however, there are still immigration booths. it's like you have to pass through the 1st screening and if you're good to go, you just have to go straight to luggage area but if you have declarations or whatever, you have to go immigration booth on the left side. has anyone experience the same?
    same here, wala din stamp ang passport ko, ang stamp ay nilagay sa declaration form na sinurrender din sa bantay sa exit.

  20. #4780
    After 11 working days of waiting, I received a passport request. Nalilito ako sa amount na dapat nasa manager's check. I read some blogs and posts that the manager's check should amount to Php 890 but I cannot find it here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Phili...e_Charge.html#

    I want to pay for the visa fee and have my passport mailed back to me, are these the charges:
    Service Charge for Application Handling - 678.75
    Courier Delivery of Applications to Applicant, upon receipt from visa office - 293.95
    Total amount that should be in the MC is : Php 972.70
    Is this correct?

    I called the hotline but the recorded voice kept referring to the website.

    I get confused with this charge: "Secure transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Makati City, Philippines upon request by visa office (for example, electronic application) ? Price per Passport ---" should I also pay for this?

Page 239 of 240 First ... 139 189 229 238 239 240 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •