ONG, Kevin
    PINGOL, Ralph
    SABLAN, Bon
    SANTOS, John
    YAYA, Lowell
    YAYA, Rusell

Head coach: ISLA, Nomar

congrats for a fully packed General Admission crowd yesterday,
    ayos. may mangilan ngilan ding nasa upper at lower box, pero indeed natalo nyo ang 6 na schools sa crowd.

Welcome to PEX and welcome to the NCAA generals!!!

Congrats GENERALS!
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Jun 28, 2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: you are not authorized to promote personal links to blogs or any site without admin approval

Generals.., post your cheers here...=))

since cheering and chanting is part of NCAA, let us know your signature yells and cheers....

but no room for IMITATIONS and JEERING huh....=))

EAC supposedly has a "21 Gun Salute" cheer. I'd like to know how it goes.

I also heard the drumbeats that are kinda "similar" to what we use in the CSB Pep Squad.

ok lang yan... na-opening game jitters ang EAC kanina .

^oo nga. hindi maka pag execute ng maayos ang EAC kanina, parang di marunong maglaro. kinakabahan pa talaga.

EAC CHEERS and CHANTS

SUGOD HENERAL

SUGOD
    LABAN
    HENERAL
    TALUNIN ANG KALABAN (2x)

TALUNIN ANG KALABAN (4X)

EAC CALL

Lets Go GEnerals Lets GO

(common na siya)

AGUINALDO

Go Emilian Go Go Emilian Go

(common na din)

EAC NUMBER ONE

Say the number, number one (3x)
    E-A-C number one

COmbo 1

G-E-N-E-R-A-L-S Generals Fight

G-E-N-E-R-A-L-S Generals Go

G-E-N-E-R-A-L-S Generals Win

E-A-C

may isa pa kaso i forgot na eh.

SUGOD HENERAL!

bawi kayo sa AUF!

11. Jun 29, 2009
    Reason
    deleted for using text speak

12. Jun 30, 2009
    Reason
    deleted for using text speak

Blazers tame Great Danes; Chiefs score

Blazers tame Great Danes; Chiefs score

By Cedelf P. Tupas
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 23:27:00 06/29/2009

Filed Under: Basketball

MANILA, Philippines - Composure isn't exactly one of St. Benilde Blazers' strongest suits the past few years.

But it turned out to be the security blanket that separated them from feisty newcomer Angeles University Foundation.

The Blazers, who have not cracked the Final Four since 2002, flirted with disaster before pulling away late in the fourth quarter for an 87-76 victory over the debuting Great Danes in the 85th NCAA men’s basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan.

In a battle of debuting squads, Arellano University brandished a mean form that had the league taking notice, whipping Emilio Aguinaldo College, 80-61.

The Blazers and Chiefs joined opening-day winners San Beda, Jose Rizal U and San Sebastian on top of the standings after two playing dates.

Four AUF key players fouled out, paving the way for a strong finish by St. Benilde behind Angelo Montecastro and Chuck Dalanon, who combined for 13 of the Blazers’ last 16 points.

Montecastro finished with 20 points and Dalanon added 18 for the Blazers, who missed 23 of 42 free throws.

“I’m happy with the effort of the players,” said St. Benilde new coach Richard del Rosario. “It feels so good to win the first game but we have to work on our maturity and free throw shooting.”

Del Rosario also acknowledged AUF’s efforts, saying it was never an easy game for them considering that AUF is just new in NCAA.

“They never gave up until the last minute and there were times that our team lost the control of the ball,” he said, adding the Blazers need to improve their composure to avoid “gaining points yet earning fouls.”

Reed-thin swingman Adrian Celada fired a game-high 19 points as the Arellano Chiefs outscored the Generals, 53-22, in the second and third quarters to put the game to bed going into the final period, 64-38.

“I told the players to stay aggressive and work hard,” said Arellano’s first-year coach Junjie Ablan, whose squad forced 29 turnovers that led to 27 points. “Everyone just stepped up today.”

Earlier, St. Benilde-La Salle Greenhills crushed AUF, 117-41, and Arellano overwhelmed EAC, 83-61, in junior play.

Coming off a two-hour bus ride from Angeles City, the Great Danes looked weary in the first quarter and the Blazers greeted them with a 13-3 opening salvo spearheaded by Montecastro.

The Great Danes committed more turnovers than field goals in the first half and were limited to just 13 field goals in the first two quarters.

But they hung tough behind Matt Carney, Limmuel Manarang and Arnel Fuertez, whose layup got the Great Danes within one point, 26-27.

Fuertez led the Great Danes with 18 points.

Tagline: With Marjorie Gorospe, INQUIRER.net

The scores:

First Game (Jrs)

LSGH 117—Flores 21, Pate 19, Pumaren 12, Tanjuenco 12, Trajano 9, Sy 9, Trajano 7, Sta. Maria 6, Lee 6, Calaquian 5, Carlos 4, Sollano 3, Diaz 2, Miguel 2, Sayson 0.

AUF 41—Gando 20, Lakandula 6, Maniti 5, Olalia 4, Cayanan 3, Castillejos 3, Dizon 0, Tamayo 0, Laxamana 0.

Quarters: 35-9, 65-11, 91-27, 117-41

Second Game (Jrs)

ARELLANO 83—Pagayunan 27, Cruz 17, Tolentino 15, de Leon 8, Caperal 7, Guzman 4, Perucho 3, Gurrobat 2, Abejar 0, Regalado 0, Kiyoumarsi 0.

EAC 61—Alanes 20, Cayanan 17, Booc 13, Cuello 5, Guinita 4, Denora 2, Mayone 0, Onwubere 0, Ocampo 0, Padrones 0, Julian 0.

Quarters: 24-11, 44-26, 61-43, 83-61

Third Game (Srs)

ST. BENILDE 87—Montecastro 20, Dalanon 18, Johnston 12, Morial 10, Manalac 8, Abolucion 4, de Guzman 4, Tajonera 3, Urra 2, dela Paz 2, Tan 0, Argamino.

ANGELES 76—Fuertez 18, Manarang 16, Carney 11, Santos 11, Maniago 9, Dumlao 4, Gigante 3, Musni 2, Gomez 2, Henson 0, Cayanan 0.

Quarters: 23-13, 40-33, 65-55, 87-76

Fourth Game (Srs)

ARELLANO 80—Celada 19, G. Ciriacruz 13, I. Ciriacruz 11, Tayongtong 9, Apostol 8, Miranda 7, Reducto 6, Agustin 3, Virtudazo 2, Rivera 2, Dimla 0, Catapang 0.

EAC 62—Santos 13, Mendoza 10, Cubo 10, R. Yaya 9, Jabaybay 9, Del Rosario 6, L. Yaya 5, Sablan 0, Ong 0, Chiong 0.

Quarters: 11-16, 38-29, 64-38, 80-62

friend ng lahat
    unique ang pag-deliver ng alma mater ng eac...sumasaludo...

friend ng lahat
    malaking bagay na wala sina lapitan at fortue...

just my opinion

even if lapitan was able to play, i think it wud be the same result...... malambot si lapitan and wala namang dominanteng galaw. si Fotue, cud have help but not really that big. still will boil down to sa character ng team..... walang fighter ** sa sa current team.

im looking forward na magpapanalo tayo sa NCAA, kung yung lineup lang natin nung 2004 to 2006 ang naglalaro ngayon may kalalagyan lahat ng teams...

lastly parang barabara lahat ng players natin, even si argel mendoza parang wala pa din maturity.... Lets GO GENERALS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BASHBROS View Post
    even if lapitan was able to play, i think it wud be the same result...... malambot si lapitan and wala namang dominanteng galaw. si Fotue, cud have help but not really that big. still will boil down to sa character ng team..... walang fighter ** sa sa current team.

im looking forward na magpapanalo tayo sa NCAA, kung yung lineup lang natin nung 2004 to 2006 ang naglalaro ngayon may kalalagyan lahat ng teams...

lastly parang barabara lahat ng players natin, even si argel mendoza parang wala pa din maturity.... Lets GO GENERALS
    Avoid text speak. I will be forced to delete your posts if you continue to do so.

AFU beats the taller EAC Generals 86-75; Notches win #1

AFU was able to neutralize the big men of the Generals by getting them into foul trouble. EAC was actually leading at half but the Danes outscored them 28-12 in the pivotal 3rd quarter.

Big game coming from Matthew Carney, the undersized fil-am power forward who finished with 24pts 7rebs and 2stls.

Santos also scored in the 20's with around 4 3pointers in the game.

Mendoza was the lone bright spot for the Generals today. He's a great slasher but he doesn't have the jumpshot range.

1 More To Go

isang talo pa palagay ko we need to press the panic button......

I didn't expect EAC to lose vs. AUF earlier. what went wrong kaya sa kanila? I expect them to be in the middle of the standings pa naman.

Too many useless fouls specially by their big men. Maganda pa naman laro ng big men nila nung 1st half.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... Last