Hey, mods, wanted to post the items below in an old thread since I hate redundant threads, but could not find any old threads relating to it because PEx's "Search" function does not allow searches for FOUR OR LESS WORDS (hint, hint, and one more hint there).
Anyway, its like this: I am in the market for a 32" LCD TV, with a budget of P35k max, and was really targeting a Samsung brand, but during my window shopping of LCD TVs, found the Nextbase "Devant" to be a very interesting prospect, for a couple of reasons:
* It has both an HDMI and VGA cable input, which I understand is not so common in other LCD TV brands;
* It has two USB ports at the back, allowing you to play on the unit directly any videos or pics you want to see. No need to go thru a bridging unit (i.e., DVD player with USB port, etc.). The salesperson says it supports JPEG and AVI formats;
* There a promo wherein a Nextbase player with HDMI output will come with the unit. Promo expires on June 30,. 2009;
* The whole unit costs only P28.7k, due to again another promo (ends the same period above).
* Hard surface screen (i.e., won't deflect easily when touched or pressed).
* It looks awesome
I almost bought it right there and then, but what kept me so, was Samsung's DNIe technology, which they constantly demo on showrooms, and it seems to be a big improvement over for the PQ.
Nextbase is a pretty good brand, as proven with their DVD players, and it seems they are not branching out to the LCD TV market.
Will need to decide real soon so I can enjoy the unit, and am not leaning more towards the Nextbase Devant unit .....