PEx Highlights

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

PHOTOS: Barako Spoils Alaska

Denok Miranda (21pts) and the Barako Bull Energy played spoiler in a very impressive outing against top-seeded Alaska Aces, 85-78.

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

PHOTOS: Fajardo Posts Career-High vs Kia

Junemar Fajardo posted a career-high 36 points and 17 rebounds to lead the charge for the Beermen against the lowly Kia Sorento, 90-74.

read more

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Filipino ba si Lapu-lapu?

I am doubting whether lapu-lapu was a filipino.

because the Spaniards came later and established the Philippines.

lapu-lapu even drove the Spaniards away, showing that he doesnt want tio be part of the new established Philippines. diba?

Lapu Lapu never existed. He was a fantasy created by the natives as a reaction to invading forces. There's absolutely no proof of his ever having existed except for that one story.

horrible truth are you ok? have you read our history? Sure that Philippines name never existed before 1521 but to tell you, he's real. Red hakaw hindi siya FIlipino but a Cebuano(Sugbuanon, Sugbu is the former name of Cebu) and Visaya/Bisaya is their dialect. Before kasi, we are not United, there are thousand's of kingdom scattered around the archipelago.

Philippine history is nothing but fabrications and full of lies by the Spanish to subjugate the natives. Still believe Bonifacio sold canes and paper fans to make a living? Those are nothing but fanciful tales by Agoncillo and his book has been proven to be worthless by Ambeth Ocampo.

History is written by the victors. Everything you know is a lie.

didnt know cebuanos werent filipinos

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-NbL8W9Jnco/RqVwNXLtmfI/AAAAAAAAAx0/cOgop2IUZgg/s400/P7210028+(Small).JPG

Re: Filipino ba si Lapu-Lapu?

Quote Originally Posted by redhakaw View Post
    I am doubting whether lapu-lapu was a filipino.

because the Spaniards came later and established the Philippines.

lapu-lapu even drove the Spaniards away, showing that he doesnt want tio be part of the new established Philippines. diba?
    Technically, no. The original Filipinos were full-blooded Spaniards born in the PI. The natives were known as Indios.

-Just_JT
    Mixed.blood.were.known.as.Meztisos

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
    What is a Filipino?

di ata tao!

Yagit sa Lansangan wing_commander's Avatar
    A Filipino is not a Filipina?

an eye of detail oriented question. u must be Virgo :P

well since he's from Cebu or Sugbu, stitch it all together on modern times, I think technically Cebuanos were the FULL BLOODED pinoys then and now. I mean look at Rizal. He was of Chinese (Father) and Japanese (Mother) ancestry if you've had you Jose Rizal subject recently. I mean all of us NOW are all mixed. Personally I'm also of Cebuano descent with whom my mother has Chinese-Spanish blood like most Cebuanos are and my Father is Italian-Japanese. While in Lapu-Lapu's case, despising those Spaniards. I'd presume they despised all other nationalities or bloodlines like most primitive civilizations do. So he was not MIXED at all.

to quote horrible truth. I'd like to know where you got your source of Lapu-Lapu's fabricated existence. (?_?)

PeX Certified Winter Knight cedric_errol's Avatar
    You meant the fish? It tastes good though.

Lapu-lapu never existed?

Quote Originally Posted by horribletruth View Post
    Lapu Lapu never existed. He was a fantasy created by the natives as a reaction to invading forces. There's absolutely no proof of his ever having existed except for that one story.
    So all six authors referenced on this wikipedia page are all fabricators:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapu-Lapu

And you are claiming Antonio Pigafetta, Spanish historian, is a LIAR?

-Just_JT
    Those.are.strong.allegations.

Please do not use prohibited words in your user title to avoid sanctions. razzer_rising's Avatar
    gosh lapu lapu is clearly not a filipino simply because Pinas was not a country yet. he was just a native of a small island situated near south china sea. I doubt if he cared for people of luzon and mindanao back then

Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    So all six authors referenced on this wikipedia page are all fabricators:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapu-Lapu

And you are claiming Antonio Pigafetta, Spanish historian, is a LIAR?

-Just_JT
    Those.are.strong.allegations.
    Your own source states that most of the info on Lapu Lapu comes from oral tradition. We all know how reliable that can be.

And Pigafetta? Again from your own source: "He related his experiences in Relazione del Primo Viaggio Intorno Al Mondo (Report on the First Voyage Around the World), which was composed in Italian. Although parts were published in Paris in 1525, the manuscript was not published in its entirety until the late eighteenth century. The original document was not preserved." (Emphasis mine).

Zaide, Agoncillo and all their ilk are talking out of their @sses. Philippine history is nothing but a patchwork quilt of old wives' tales.

oh! How horrible!
    "With great looks comes great responsibility"

Charles E. Nowell book on Lapu-lapu

And Pigafetta? Again from your own source: "He related his experiences in Relazione del Primo Viaggio Intorno Al Mondo (Report on the First Voyage Around the World), which was composed in Italian. Although parts were published in Paris in 1525, the manuscript was not published in its entirety until the late eighteenth century. The original document was not preserved." (Emphasis mine).

Zaide, Agoncillo and all their ilk are talking out of their @sses. Philippine history is nothing but a patchwork quilt of old wives' tales.
    How about this Pigafetta account from Charles E. Nowell's book "Magellan’s Voyage Around the World: Three Contemporary Accounts":

"On Friday, April twenty-six, Zula, the second chief of the island of Mactan, sent one of his sons to present two goats to the captain-general, and to say that he would send him all that he had promised, but that he had not been able to send it to him because of the other chief Lapu-Lapu, who refused to obey the king of Spain.” (emphasis mine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mactan

Do you claim that Charles Nowell is also talking up his arse?

-Just_JT
    Farts.down.his.arse.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    How about this Pigafetta account from Charles E. Nowell's book "Magellan’s Voyage Around the World: Three Contemporary Accounts":

"On Friday, April twenty-six, Zula, the second chief of the island of Mactan, sent one of his sons to present two goats to the captain-general, and to say that he would send him all that he had promised, but that he had not been able to send it to him because of the other chief Lapu-Lapu, who refused to obey the king of Spain.” (emphasis mine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mactan

Do you claim that Charles Nowell is also talking up his arse?

-Just_JT
    Farts.down.his.arse.
    Again, Nowell was basing his 1962 account on Pigafetta. That's like you writing a book based on what you hear Rizal might have said in 1870.

As has been pointed out, Pigafetta was the sole chronicler of this account, and his original was not preserved. Why not an account from any of the other 18 survivors? No other corroborating stories or written accounts? Just the word of one person? Who's to say that he wasn't just making this $h!t up to make the voyage look heroic?

We might as well be saying that the Gospel accounts are indisputable testimonial evidence, and there are four of those!

Pigafetta is a liar?

As has been pointed out, Pigafetta was the sole chronicler of this account, and his original was not preserved. Why not an account from any of the other 18 survivors? No other corroborating stories or written accounts? Just the word of one person? Who's to say that he wasn't just making this $h!t up to make the voyage look heroic?
    Therefore you will also deny that Magellan was slain by the natives? So what happened to Magellan? He was taken by a flying saucer?

-Just_JT

Fire Bomber Lead Guitarist OrionPax's Avatar
    Since Lapu Lapu hails from Cebu, we may check who are the 1st settlers in the Island of Cebu,...Malays? Indons? Indians? Arabs?

Technically, you cannot call Lapu Lapu a Filipino, since such term will be applicable only in 1898

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast