One of my vivid memories of JVG during his coaching career was him being on the receiving end of Marcus Camby's right hook during a Knicks-Spurs game. Another one was during that unforgettable Larry Johnson vs. Alonzo Mourning rumble where JVG held onto Zo's leg.
I think he's the best analyst bar-none in the NBA right now whether from TNT, ABC or ESPN. His excellent knowledge of the game is a cut above the rest and not to mention the comic relief he provides, together with Mark Jackson, in the abc/espn games. Good thing ABC decided to do away with Hubie Brown's boring commentating.
I hope he stays on the broadcast panel. Don't return to coaching pls.?
The title speaks for itself. Share the memorable lines of JVG as an analyst.
on top of my head:
1) on Brian Scalabrine's headband
"He looks like Will Farrell on that semipro movie."
2) on Ray Allen's elbow to Varejao's balls
"Wow he didn't even bend Varejao over with that. I'm impressed by Varejao."
3) on the foul called earlier which many thought was against Gasol (saw Jack Nicholson screaming his lungs out!)
"It's amazing how many players complain and most of them are dead wrong. The percentage is quite high."
4) on Kobe stepping on the sideline before hitting a tough three-pointer
"That's probably the best turnover I've even seen. He steps on the line, the ref blows the whistle, squares himself up for the shot, and hits that incredible three."
5) on his own NBA all-star rules
6) on haircut pricing ethics
7) on Tex Winters
"He's 80 yrs. old and he looks better than I do at 46."
USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!