PEx Highlights

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

Top Male Celebrities

Did Joshua Garcia keep his spot as PEx's Top Male Celeb? Find out here!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    mahal talaga, the registration alone is equivalent to a week long trip to HK or other SE asian country. lalo na kung bibili ka pa ng review materials or attend ng review classes.

buti na lang i've just been informed na accepted yung application ko for scholarship at my company. =) tuloy na tuloy na ako for june 2010!

share lang ako. nakuha ko na yung curriculum today. grabe, 6 volumes siya at ang bawat isa ay kasing bigat at kapal ng typical na phone directory ng PLDT. grabe, balak ko pa naman dalhin sana at magbasa habang nag co-commute, pero mukhang hindi ko na magagawa yun.

good luck na lang sa akin at sa iba pang mag e-exam sa june. =P

3. Sep 19, 2009, 01:48 AM

^CFA Philippines actually has review sessions, i think mga 4-5 months before each exam, for Level 1. also AIM offers review classes. i think Stalla also has a local partner, you can try and google for it.

also, you might as well begin by not using CFA as a noun. you're either a CFA candidate, CFA member or CFA charterholder. =P

dapat mag register ka na if you're planning to take Level 1 in june, first deadline (cheapest) is on sept 23 na. after that, the price will increase.

it's not really complicated, pero tama ka na very high ang expectations at qualifications na dapat mong ma-meet. it's basically why the CFA charter is so valuable to people, kasi alam nila hindi basta basta nakakakuha nito.

Damaged CFA Program Curriculum (Level I)

Good day,

I am a College Senior Undergraduate Student, and I will be taking the level I CFA Examinations this December. As with most of our kababayans, the first floor of our house in Quezon City was also flooded due to the Typhoon Ondoy. Unfortunately, some of my review materials for the CFA Examinations were not spared as the waters found their way into the nooks and crannies of the shelves and cabinets of our house.

To cut the story short, my copy of the CFA Program Curriculum Level I 2009 Volume I was damaged, and was rendered indecipherable due to the flood waters. I feel that specifically Book I is of outmost significance (for future reference) because it contains the Code of Ethics and the Standards of Professional Conduct that Members and Candidates are expected to follow.

I would like to seek advice on what would be the best course of action in obtaining another copy of the materials without breaching the issue of plagiarism / unauthorized duplication of the said materials.

I see two options as being the most viable: (1) Purchasing a Second-hand copy, or (2) Photocopying from a friend.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruquios View Post
    Good day,

I am a College Senior Undergraduate Student, and I will be taking the level I CFA Examinations this December. As with most of our kababayans, the first floor of our house in Quezon City was also flooded due to the Typhoon Ondoy. Unfortunately, some of my review materials for the CFA Examinations were not spared as the waters found their way into the nooks and crannies of the shelves and cabinets of our house.

To cut the story short, my copy of the CFA Program Curriculum Level I 2009 Volume I was damaged, and was rendered indecipherable due to the flood waters. I feel that specifically Book I is of outmost significance (for future reference) because it contains the Code of Ethics and the Standards of Professional Conduct that Members and Candidates are expected to follow.

I would like to seek advice on what would be the best course of action in obtaining another copy of the materials without breaching the issue of plagiarism / unauthorized duplication of the said materials.

I see two options as being the most viable: (1) Purchasing a Second-hand copy, or (2) Photocopying from a friend.

Thank you very much.
    Not sure if this is even a viable solution but maybe you can relay your concern directly to the CFA Institute. They might be considerate enough to send a new set to you.

^you can download the Ethics and Standards from here for free. Along with the GIPS and other similar materials. however, for the quants portion of volume 1, you might have to photocopy from a friend. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruquios View Post
    Good day,

Thank you very much.
    Contact CFA Phils. They have extra copies of the books.

Guys,

Just a repost for those having a hard time looking for Texas BA II Plus / Plus Pro calculators.

I just noticed na nagkakaubusan ng Texas BA II calculators sa National Bookstore. For those CFA aspirants who have yet to buy their CFA-approved calculators, I'm actually selling brand new and sealed Texas BA II Plus Professional calculators for PHP3,800.

If you guys are interested, or if you know someone who might be interested, please text me at 0906 278 4754.

Please visit this my advertisement for more information on the product <http://sulit.com.ph/1485821>.

Thanks!

I have an associate whose house was similarly flooded. He saved four items: his dog, his camera, his laptop and his CFA Level 3 readings. His PS3 didn't make the cut.

CFA Payment Method

How do I pay for the CFA exam other than through credit card? Where can I find the complete/official payment instructions?

Iruquios:

As far as I remember, there is a similar question in the sample exam. The curriculum of the candidate was lost or damaged, and due to time constraint, he just photocopied it, thinking that considerable time will elapse before he can get a replacement. The question was: is this a violation of the Code, given that:
    - losing the book was an unforseen event
    - there was no intent to defraud anyone when he got a photocopy.

The answer: ABANGAN. . .=P

what do you think glacier?

glacier:

From your posts, I can see that you are quite enthusiastic about the exam. IMO, I think this is a huge factor. I remember instead of agonizing, I usually get more excited as the exam day approaches. This creates a good mindset and develops confidence. Keep it up!

Let me share, I know of a couple of people who IMO are better than me academically (they even have Graduate degrees), and the other is teaching a CFA-related subject. Unfortunately, and I felt very bad bad for them, they were not able to pull it off. I suspect it's the pressure to excel that did them in. I do not want to judge, but maybe it wasn't for them.

Sometimes, having the right attitude really counts more, kasi that differentiates us.

anyone taking the level 1 mock exam next saturday sa UP? i dunno exactly kung saan sa UP. at this rate, it would take a miracle for me to pass the december exam. tsk.

^ You are not alone. Enrolled less than 3 months before the exam. And hindi pa ako nagleleave. Ni hindi pa ako nagsasagot ng problem sets. Basa lang ako ng basa ng materials. Bahala na. Hay.

16. Advertisement

June 2010

ei guys, i will be taking the CFA exam in June 2010. san kaya nakakabili ng TI BA II Professional Plus na Calculator???

anyone here who took the exams yesterday?

hi..:)

yah i took the cfa level 1 exam yesterday. The exam was not really that difficult, but it was very tricky..hay i never was able to cover studying the whole curriculum as i've been pretty busy with my work. bahala na...

is CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) big in Pinas?

im currently in singapore and both CFA and CAIA are big here.

Hulk, bakit wala si Russ dito?

CFA enrollees up 73%
    (The Philippine Star) Updated December 15, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Registration for Philippine investment professionals for chartered financial analyst (CFA) exams has increased 73 percent for December 2009 compared to the same time last year. The CFA designation, administered by the US-based CFA Institute, is the global standard for investment profession.

There are two registration periods for CFA examinations in a year — June and December. CFA Level I exams are offered both in June and December while CFA Levels II and III exams are only given during the month of June. Registration for June 2009 has increased by 17 percent from the same month last year. The total percentage of increase for the 2009 is 26 percent.

“These numbers are good news for CFA Philippines. A 73-percent increase in registrants for December means that there is growing interest among finance and investment professionals to acquire the CFA designation,” April Lee-Tan, of CFA Philippines, said.

To gain the right to use the CFA designation, a candidate must complete three rigorous, six-hour exams covering topics which include ethics, financial statement analysis, valuation, derivatives, economics and alternative investments and at least four years of relevant work experience in the investment decision making process.

In the Philippine finance and investment industry, holding a CFA charter poses several advantages. For instance, the Trust Officers Association of the Philippines (TOAP) issued a directive that staffers within trust departments have to pass at least the CFA Level 1 exam before they can be involved in the investment function of unit investment trust fund (UITF) portfolios.

CFA charterholders are sought-after. The CFA designation is often cited as a preferred qualification for finance and investment professionals.

“Employers in the finance industry typically look for people who have these qualities: competence, passion, and integrity. If you are a charterholder, you will most likely fit the bill. Completing the charter requires dedication and big investments of time and cost. The average number of study hours to pass the three exams is 900 hours. And each exam costs at least $600, along with a onetime program enrollment fee, which is $390,” shares Tan.

CFA Philippines recently celebrated eight new qualified investment professionals who have completed the said process and gained the CFA designation.

The eight new charterholders are: Reynold Afable, John Balce, Ericson Cabral, Shuji Hashizume, Glenn Conrad Jao, Marvin Lim, Cherryl Ofracio, and Daniel Wiedmer.

CFA Philippines is the local affiliate of US-based CFA Institute, the global, non-profit member organization of financial analysts, portfolio managers, and other investment professionals.

hahahaha...parang interesado ako sa CFA na to.....kaso mas preferred ata sa CPA yung CIA designation....we will see

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast