NBA - Page 2 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 51 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last
    scary to say ... there is a 55% chance that he will be like or better than MJ ... but right now ... nAhhh ... theres still 1 MJ ..

this guy is 24 years old

first kobe, now lebron, whose next OJ Mayo ...

No more rings for TD!
    It's a long shot, but I think by winning multiple championships and MVPs, Lebron can take's MJ's place as basketball's most recognizable player. Jordan won his first championship when he was 27, while LBJ?

He is only 24, and had led the Cavs to the NBA Finals in his 4th season in the NBA. Now, he's the MVP and has his team on pace to steamroll their way unto the Conference Finals with the rest he earned by sweeping the Pistons and Hawks.

The difference between MJ and Lebron is that the former was committed to defending much earlier in his career, while the latter only raised his defense to another level only this season on his way to his first All-Defensive team appearance.

unahan nya muna si Wade sa isang championship ring. hihihihi

magkabatch naman sila eh.

Never, nothing still beats the original. But I doubt that.

no..i've changed my mind...just like what the post from the other page said mj went beyond the limits of basketball. it's like ask a person about basketball=michael jordan, and that's what i think lebron can't achieve. but i'm not doubtful though he can reach at least half of mj's championship rings.

i don't think he can replace the greatest..only one MJ.. basketball indeed is michael jordan..

crab dribbling not equals to greatness..

ain't over 'till it's over d^I^b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strife_pitaboy View Post
    It's a long shot, but I think by winning multiple championships and MVPs, Lebron can take's MJ's place as basketball's most recognizable player. Jordan won his first championship when he was 27, while LBJ?

He is only 24, and had led the Cavs to the NBA Finals in his 4th season in the NBA. Now, he's the MVP and has his team on pace to steamroll their way unto the Conference Finals with the rest he earned by sweeping the Pistons and Hawks.

The difference between MJ and Lebron is that the former was committed to defending much earlier in his career, while the latter only raised his defense to another level only this season on his way to his first All-Defensive team appearance.

I'm a LeBron fan. But taking the place of Michael Jordan of being the Greatest Player of All-Time. That is impossible.

^^

Since when did Jordan become an untouchable god?

Triple Crown Leg Winner westbound17's Avatar
    anything is a possibility.

Michael Jordan is not some supernatural being, whether or not it's LeBron, it is very possible that a player may someday equal if not surpass Jordan's achievements.

In the words of KG: "Anything is possibbbbbbllllllleeeele!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Lost Gospel Gospel of Judas's Avatar
    probably not, but he sure can surpass him and become the sport's first billionaire athlete. lol

^^ no we're not saying he's a god,we're just saying that he's the icon for basketball.like the tiger woods of golf to say. i don't know anyone who plays golf except him.. something like that. and he went beyond the limits of basketball. he became an idol of everyone. he's done like the improbables in this game, i mean, not a lebron fan, but not being biased here.

Quote Originally Posted by PnoYsuPaHmAn View Post
    scary to say ... there is a 55% chance that he will be like or better than MJ ... but right now ... nAhhh ... theres still 1 MJ ..

this guy is 24 years old

first kobe, now lebron, whose next OJ Mayo ...
    Actually, there are 2 MJs. One is "His Airness" and the other is the King of Pop.

Lakers and mclaren fan Rocker09's Avatar
    Hmmm skillwise...maybe...he just needs to develop his jumpshot, stop gambling on D, and stay injury free...

Jordan's accomplishments?....I don't think so....

Am I the only one who thinks that it's inevitable that there will be someone who'll replace Jordan? I dunno if it's Kobe or Lebron or someone we haven't known yet. There will always be someone better... it just takes some time to find the rightful heir.

With the way they performed, Magic and Bird were on their way to become the greatest players ever. Then Jordan came.

Pete Sampras during his time was considered the best tennis player of all time. That's it is impossible to top his accomplishments. Then came Federer. This is the same with Golf's Jack Nicklaus and his counterpart, Tiger Woods.

As for Lebron, he has to talent to match Jordan's accomplishment. What i'm still having trouble looking for him is the same fire that kept Jordan from having peers - his will.

He can surpass Larry Bird as the greatest SF of all time. Pero right now wag muna niya isipin na kaya niya na pantayan si Jordan, and mag concentrate muna siya na dalin ang Cavaliers sa NBA Finals this yea.

Saka nung 1980's na kahit na hinde pa nanalo ng championship si MJ eh halimaw na talaga siya kung maglaro, and he once scored 63 points againts the 1986 Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

Saka hinde naman nag gamble si LeBron sa defense sa katunayan nga eh magaling siya na man to man defender, and team defender kina Kobe and Wade this season.

Check ninyo yung FG% and Defensive Per nung mga players na binabantayan nila sa Regular Season.
    Last edited by Derrick_Rose; May 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM.

Everytime a bump a thread like this...im thinking Eat Bulaga..

"Wala ka sa Lolo ko..noong kapanahunan nya..."

compairing Lebron..and the others to Jordan is just setting the standard of basketball. If Jordan were playing against these players (Cavs,Lakers,Celtics..etc)...it would not an easy win for a championship/s. Jordan will prefer Malone,Reggie Miller,Olajowon(rather than Kobe,Lebron,et al).

Lebron can easy replace Michael Jordan, if the team that are playing today are the team that Jordan played before.

Artest can be Greatest Player too....

^^ really?? I think MJ would prefer playing against Kobe, Lebron rather than Ewing, Detriot (Bad boys), Malone etc.... plus the rules, handcheck foul, maybe MJ will average 40 points!

Page 2 of 51 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last