Ted Failon's wife rushed to hospital with gunshot wound! | Local and Foreign Issues | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 86 1 2 11 51 ... Last

Ted Failon's wife rushed to hospital with gunshot wound!

Cops grill Failon on wife’s shooting!
    Source: http://www.inquirer.net

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE 2) Police are questioning television news anchor Ted Failon about a shooting incident on Wednesday that left his wife fighting for her life, an official said.

As of this posting, a team from the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) is taking Failon’s statement at his house on number 27, General Aquino Street, Tierra Pura subdivision in Quezon City’s Tandang Sora district early Wednesday evening, said Superintendent Franklin Mabanag, one of the lead investigators.

“Nandito sa bahay si Ted [Ted is inside the house],” Mabanag said.

Asked if Failon was considered as a suspect, Mabanag said: “Hindi pa [Not yet].”

Failon’s wife, Trinidad Etong, was shot in the head, allegedly inside their house on Wednesday.

The network, in a statement issued by Bong Osorio, head of corporate communications, confirmed that Failon’s wife is “fighting for her life.”

“We appeal to everyone to please respect the privacy of Ted and his family. His wife is fighting for her life,” said

The statement was released in reaction to reports that Failon, Ted Etong in real life, and his wife were involved in a shooting.

Earlier, Chief Superintendent Roberto Rosales, head of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), said they were looking for Failon to shed light on the incident.

"All we know is ang asawa ni Ted ay may tama sa ulo [the wife of Ted has a wound in the head]," Rosales told INQUIRER.net in a phone interview.

Ted Failon has already issued a statement that said that he was unable to finish his program at DZMM on Wednesday morning as he immediately rushed home after talking to his wife on the phone.

According to him, upon reaching home, he found the door to the comfort room locked and when he was able to open the door, he found his wife bloodied inside.

baka may naka banga si failon. what with all the sensational reporting he does.

Apparently, nag-away 'yung mag-asawa kagabi.

There was a handwritten suicide note submitted to the Police.

Failon grilled on wife’s shooting

Incident not yet declared suicide

By Thea Alberto, Abigail Kwok
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 16:43:00 04/15/2009

Filed Under: Media, Crime

Most Read

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE 4) Police said they are not yet ruling the shooting of the wife of television news anchor Ted Failon a suicide despite the discovery of an apparent suicide note.

Superintendent Franklin Mabanag, chief of the Quezon City Police District’s criminal investigation and detection unit quoted the New Era hospital as saying that Trinidad Arteche Etong, 44, is brain dead as of this posting.

Etong was shot in the temple but Mabanag said: “We cannot declare yet at this time that the wound if self-inflicted in the absence of official report from the SOCO [Scene of Crime Operatives].”

He also said it has not been established if Failon, whose real name is Mario Teodoro Failon Etong, was involved in the shooting.

SOCO investigators questioned Failon in his home at number 27, General Aquino Street, Tierra Pura subdivision in Quezon City’s Tandang Sora district early Wednesday evening.

Earlier, ABS-CBN, the network Failon is connected with, confirmed his wife was “fighting for her life” and issued an appeal “to please respect the privacy of Ted and his family.”

Mabanag said initial investigation revealed that Failon's wife was brought to the New Era hospital by the couple's driver, identified only as Glen, her sister, Pamela, and another man, believed to be Failon, before noon for treatment of a gunshot wound in the head.

Mabanag said Failon told investigators that he and his wife had an argument Tuesday night but that they had settled their differences the next morning.

Failon left for his daily morning radio talk show at ABS-CBN but left the station before his program ended and was back at his house around 10:20 a.m., Mabanag said.

An official statement from Failon, which was faxed to the Philippine Daily Inquirer (parent company of INQUIRER.net) by ABS-CBN said: “Hindo ko na tinapos and aking programa sa dzMM kaninang umaga matapos kong makausap and aking asawa sa telepono. Kaya umuwi ako kaagad at natagpuan kong nakakandado ang pinto ng banyo. Pinabuksan ko ang pinto at natagpuan ko and aking asawa na duguan kung kaya’t itinakbo ko sya kaagad sa ospital [I did not finish my program at dzMM this morning after I spoke to my wife. So I went home immediately and found the door of the bathroom locked. I had the door opened and I found my wife bloody which is why I rushed her immediately to the hospital.”

Quoting the hospital’s description of the gunshot wound, Mabanag said the bullet entered Etong’s head through the left temple and exited through the right.

Mabanag said the incident was apparently not reported immediately.

He also said when they called New Era, the hospital denied they had a patient named Trinidad Etong. It was only when police went there that the hospital confirmed that Etong was confined at its intensive care unit.

Mabanag said that, on reaching Failon’s house, they discovered that the scene of the incident had already been cleaned by the househelp, which he said could constitute a violation of Presidential Decree 1829, or obstruction of justice.

The househelp, Glen and Frida, claimed no one had ordered them to clean the site, Mabanag said.

Investigators also recovered a letter allegedly written by Trinidad inside the room of the couple’s daughter’s. It partly said, “Papa, I’m so sorry, gusto kong magsabi ng totoo pero hindi ko alam kung paano umpisahan. Natatakot ako kaya umalis ako [I want to tell the truth but I don’t know how to start. I was afraid that is why I left]…Sorry, sorry, Mama.”

Asked why they were not ruling the incident a suicide, Mabanag cited “inconsistencies in the statements” of Failon.

Mabanag also noted that, although the entry wound was on the victim’s left temple, the .380 caliber pistol she was shot with was on her right side.

The weapon was licensed but was not covered by a permit to carry, Mabanag said.

He said everyone in the house, including a still unidentified male, would be subjected to paraffin tests, Mabanag said.

Bonifacio Geroche, head of the Tierra Pura security said they were not informed about the shooting and only found out about it when the police arrived at around 4 p.m.

A witness told the Inquirer he saw Failon leaving the hospital emergency room around 1 p.m. in a bloodied polo shirt and wearing a surgical mask to avoid identification by policemen and reporters posted outside.

He then left on a blue Pajero with plate number NPE-293.

The gardener of a neighbor of Failon's said that before noon, he saw the broadcaster in a bloodied shirt as he was about to board the Pajero in his garage with another woman crying. But he did not see Failon’s wife.

He said he did not hear any gunshots coming from Failon's concrete house with glass windows and landscaped yard.

Police investigators were only able to interview witnesses in the hospital and got the address of Failon at around 4 p.m., more than five hours after the shooting took place. They also said the Pajero was cleaned and newly washed.

With reports from Maila Ager, INQUIRER.net, Nancy Carvajal, Inquirer

I say he's guilty.

Suicide note is obviously a sham.

His flight from the media is suspicious especially the shades and the surgical mask.

sa ted failon has turned into a chris benoit?

gikumot kumot...... BANG!

I hope gumaling pa si Mrs. Failon para malaman ang katotohanan. Medyo suspicious ang kilos ni Ted.

yeah, tsaka bat naman nya iiwan ang naghihingalo nyang asawa diba... syempre para makapagisip ng bonggang bonggang alibi.

20ish discreet gay makati
    Kalokah itong ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs anchors, parating nasa national limelight.

Noli De Castro - Anchor turned Senator turned VP slash Willie Revillame's manager
    Loren Legarda - Anchor turned Senator turned political b-i-t-c-h
    Korina Sanchez - b-i-t-c-h Anchor turned first lady candidate and once kasambahay bully
    Julius Babao - Anchor turned bail provider for Dawud Santos
    Ces Drilon - Anchor turned promoter of rebellion ala Manila Pen mutiny turned Abu Sayyaf kidnap victim

and now
    Ted Failon - Anchor turned Congressman turned Anchor turned wife beater? hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by fenn View Post
    Ted Failon has already issued a statement that said that he was unable to finish his program at DZMM on Wednesday morning as he immediately rushed home after talking to his wife on the phone.

According to him, upon reaching home, he found the door to the comfort room locked and when he was able to open the door, he found his wife bloodied inside.
    very suspicious circumstances tsk tsk

Sana maging Ok si mrs. Failon.

Quote Originally Posted by feistyradical View Post
    [b]

By Thea Alberto, Abigail Kwok
    INQUIRER.net

Investigators also recovered a letter allegedly written by Trinidad inside the room of the couple’s daughter’s. It partly said, “Papa, I’m so sorry, gusto kong magsabi ng totoo pero hindi ko alam kung paano umpisahan. Natatakot ako kaya umalis ako [I want to tell the truth but I don’t know how to start. I was afraid that is why I left]…Sorry, sorry, Mama.”

Bakit nawala yung mga "po" sa suicide note?

http://getitfromboy.net/ted-failon-wife/

Quote Originally Posted by BeerhandBop View Post
    sa ted failon has turned into a chris benoit?

yun ang una kong naisip .*-minus the suicide tsaka murder ng anak me pagkakapareho (pareho ko pa namang nirerespeto ,tssk... tssk... tssk...) * pwede ring oj simpson

15 year pexer, break that! stingray1059's Avatar
    financial problem daw? tsk tsk

respetuhin daw ang privacy ni ted sabi ng abs-cbn. wag daw gumawa ng speculations. namputsa, pag sila ang nangangalkal ng kaso ng iba walang privacy privacy puro pa speculations.

Truth will prevail.

Makonsensya nalang sana si Ted.

Lets pray for Mrs. Trinidad Etong for her full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by ushuaia_ph View Post
    respetuhin daw ang privacy ni ted sabi ng abs-cbn. wag daw gumawa ng speculations. namputsa, pag sila ang nangangalkal ng kaso ng iba walang privacy privacy puro pa speculations.
    Korekek ka dyan!

Walang privacy-privacy dito. Sa presinto ka na lang magpaliwanag!

Pasok mga LMTv Kapuso hounds!

The Quezon City SOCO Police meanwhile said they are not yet ruling the shooting of the wife of television news anchor Ted Failon as a suicide despite the discovery of an apparent suicide note because of “inconsistencies in the statements” of Ted Failon. They also noticed that although the entry wound was on Mrs. Failon’s left temple, the .380 caliber pistol she was shot with was on her right side.
    - http://getitfromboy.net/ted-failon-wife/
    Ang bobo talaga ng mga Kapamilya sa pag stage ng suicide set up. Kahit siguro ang batang imbestigador na si Nancy Drew mapapansin yun.

Failon faces arrest

Obstruction of justice rap mulled
    By Nancy C. Carvajal, Abigail Kwok, Thea Alberto
    Philippine Daily Inquirer, INQUIRER.net

Filed Under: Crime, Media

Most Read

MANILA, Philippines – (UPDATE 7) Quezon City police are set to arrest ABS-CBN broadcaster Ted Failon Wednesday night for obstruction of justice after allegedly tampering with evidence in the shooting of his wife, according to a police official.

Close to 10 p.m., Senior Superintendent Franklin Moises Mabanag, chief of the Quezon City Police District’s Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit, told reporters that police had enough information to arrest Failon (born Mario Teodoro Failon Etong) for the two charges in connection with his wife’s shooting inside their residence at Tierra Pura Subdivision in Quezon City, on Wednesday morning.

Police are investigating two angles -- suicide and foul play.

A letter believed to be the suicide note of Trinidad Arteche Etong was found inside Failon’s house.

She was believed to have shot herself inside the bathroom, where Failon’s gun was found.

But the househelp was reported to have cleaned the bathroom by the time police got to Failon’s house.

Police said they were not yet ruling the shooting of Failon's wife a suicide despite the discovery of the letter.

Mabanag quoted the New Era Hospital as saying that Failon's wife, 44, was brain dead.

Mabanag said: “We cannot declare yet at this time that the wound if self-inflicted in the absence of official report from the SOCO [Scene of Crime Operatives].”

He also said it had not been established if Failon was involved in the shooting.

SOCO investigators questioned Failon in his home early Wednesday evening.

ABS-CBN, the network Failon is connected with, confirmed that his wife was “fighting for her life” and issued an appeal “to please respect the privacy of Ted and his family.”

Mabanag said initial investigation revealed that Failon's wife was brought to the New Era Hospital by the couple's driver, identified only as Glen, her sister, Pamela, and another man, believed to be Failon, before noon for treatment of a gunshot wound in the head.

Mabanag said Failon told investigators that he and his wife had an argument Tuesday night but that they had settled their differences the next morning.

Failon left for his daily morning radio talk show at ABS-CBN but left the station before his program ended and was back at his house around 10:20 a.m., Mabanag said.

An official statement from Failon, which was faxed to the Philippine Daily Inquirer (parent company of INQUIRER.net) by ABS-CBN said: “Hindi ko na tinapos and aking programa sa dzMM kaninang umaga matapos kong makausap and aking asawa sa telepono. Kaya umuwi ako kaagad at natagpuan kong nakakandado ang pinto ng banyo. Pinabuksan ko ang pinto at natagpuan ko ang aking asawa na duguan kung kaya’t itinakbo ko siya kaagad sa ospital [I did not finish my program at dzMM this morning after I spoke to my wife. So I went home immediately and found the door of the bathroom locked. I had the door opened and I found my wife bloody which is why I rushed her immediately to the hospital.”

Quoting the hospital’s description of the gunshot wound, Mabanag said the bullet entered Etong’s head through the left temple and exited through the right.

Mabanag said the incident was apparently not reported immediately.

He also said that when they called New Era, the hospital denied they had a patient named Trinidad Etong.

It was only when police went there that the hospital confirmed that Etong was confined at its intensive care unit.

Mabanag said that, on reaching Failon’s house, they discovered that the scene of the incident had been cleaned by the househelp, which he said constituted a violation of Presidential Decree 1829, or obstruction of justice.

The househelp, Glen and Frida, claimed that no one had ordered them to clean the area, Mabanag said.

Investigators also recovered the letter allegedly written by Trinidad inside the room of the couple’s daughter.

It partly said, “Papa, I’m so sorry, gusto kong magsabi ng totoo pero hindi ko alam kung paano umpisahan. Natatakot ako kaya umalis ako [I want to tell the truth but I don’t know how to start. I was afraid that is why I left]…Sorry, sorry, Mama.”

Asked why they were not ruling the incident a suicide, Mabanag cited “inconsistencies in the statements” of Failon.

Mabanag also noted that, although the entry wound was on the victim’s left temple, the .38 caliber pistol she was shot with was on her right side.

The weapon was licensed but was not covered by a permit to carry, Mabanag said.

He said everyone in the house, including a still unidentified male, would be subjected to paraffin tests, Mabanag said.

Bonifacio Geroche, head of the Tierra Pura security, said they were not informed about the shooting and only found out about it when the police arrived at around 4 p.m.

A witness told the Inquirer that he saw Failon leaving the hospital emergency room around 1 p.m. in a bloodied polo shirt and wearing a surgical mask to avoid identification by policemen and reporters posted outside.

He then left on a blue Pajero with plate number NPE-293.

The gardener of a neighbor of Failon's said that before noon, he saw the broadcaster in a bloodied shirt as he was about to board the Pajero in his garage with another woman crying. But he did not see Failon’s wife.

He said he did not hear any gunshots coming from Failon's concrete house with glass windows and landscaped yard.

Police investigators were only able to interview witnesses in the hospital and got the address of Failon at around 4 p.m., more than five hours after the shooting took place.

They also said the Pajero was cleaned and newly washed.

With a report from Maila Ager, INQUIRER.net

Page 1 of 86 1 2 11 51 ... Last