PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: PLDT Clinches Final Four Berth

PLDT clinched a guaranteed Final Four slot by taking care of Cagayan in three hard-earned sets, 25-22, 25-21, 25-22.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

No surprises! They still rule the loveteam forum, but there's no space for complacency, because another couple might just steal their slot.

read more

UAAP Basketball 2nd Round Schedule

Planning to catch a game before the season ends? Check out the 2nd round schedule for UAAP basketball!

read more

The La Salle-Ateneo Rivalry

The greatest rivalry in Philippine sports provided another classic on Sunday to the delight of diehard basketball fans.

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: What If

What If could very well be the best romantic comedy of this generation.

read more

Page 1 of 67 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1337
  1. #1

    Question UP freshman pre-enlistment tips

    Hey! I'm an incoming freshman in UP Diliman, taking up English Studies. I really have no idea how this works. Can anyone give me a guideline or tip on choosing the best schedule and maybe instructors?

    Thank you so much!!!!

  2. #2
    hi there, co-freshman. haha! i'll be taking hrim. xD yeah.. i need tips too! i think UP students in pex are accommodating and kind enough to give us tips.

  3. #3
    is not for sale.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    disco disco
    the freshman pre-enlistment module for the first semester, as far as i can remember (yak parang ang tagal eh noh? last year lang naman ako nag ganito), is fixed na according to the prescribed curriculum of your degree program. mas user-friendly pa siya compared to the normal crs module. you have to choose a block section first. then naka-indicate na doon kung ilang GEs ang kukunin mo, yung mga required subjects, tsaka PE. click niyo lang yung link tapos may list na mag-aappear. list of subjects, tapos list of sections. some block sections have preset subjects na so hindi ka na pipili pa ng subjects na kukunin mo, at di mo na rin aayusin ang schedule mo. karaniwan ito sa Eng'g blocks. i-confirm niyo, then wait for the results of the batch runs. it's as easy as that. hehe. if you're really lucky, one round lang kumpleto ka na! yung iba, hindi pa naeenlist sa block. kawawa. hehe. good luck!

  4. #4
    hi freshies!

    wag kayo masyado mag-alala sa pre-enlistment since first sem niyo palang..alalahanin, priority kayo..so kung di niyo man makuha yung subjects niyo for first sem, sa day of enlistment, meron pa kayo chance na makuha yun..if all else fails, and you dont get the subject/schedule you want, you can prerog sa profs and i dont think you will have a hard time either..

    basta ganito, read the instructions and use common sense..wag aanga-anga pero i have never heard of a freshie who didn't get his/her choice of subjects kasi nga, kayo ang priority, kayo ang unang mag-enlist for your subjects, especially sa GEs (aside from the graduating students)..ang kawawa ay yung mga sophies and juniors because sila ang least priority..

    on enlistment day, di ba may orientation by college..tapos after nun, you proceed with enlistment, there are enlistment procedures posted in the building you will enlist in, i.e. sa AS (or Palma Hall..and dont call it Palma Hall, call it AS ) meron naka-post sa lobby, sa AS101, and sa both ends of AS..sa eng'g (or Melchor, again don't call it Melchor hehe) meron din malamang sa lobby..

    remember to read it step-by-step and don't forget anything or skip any step..pag ginawa niyo yun walang magiging problema ang inyong enlistment and don't be shy to ask questions sa mga RAs (registration assistants) or sa SC officials who are often identified by their name tags or shirts..they will help you naman, di pa sila magiging terror ates and kuyas kasi first time niyo palang..

    if you have more questions, just ask me through this thread or pm me if medyo hiya kayo itanong hehe i think i know enough of the enlistment process kasi i have gone through it na a total of 10 times in the last four years..and i am going to endure it again for the next four years hehe i will be your ever-reliable ate here

    goodluck sa inyo!

  5. #5
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle nVII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by luna_cyro16 View Post
    hi freshies!

    wag kayo masyado mag-alala sa pre-enlistment since first sem niyo palang..alalahanin, priority kayo..so kung di niyo man makuha yung subjects niyo for first sem, sa day of enlistment, meron pa kayo chance na makuha yun..if all else fails, and you dont get the subject/schedule you want, you can prerog sa profs and i dont think you will have a hard time either..

    basta ganito, read the instructions and use common sense..wag aanga-anga pero i have never heard of a freshie who didn't get his/her choice of subjects kasi nga, kayo ang priority, kayo ang unang mag-enlist for your subjects, especially sa GEs (aside from the graduating students)..ang kawawa ay yung mga sophies and juniors because sila ang least priority..

    on enlistment day, di ba may orientation by college..tapos after nun, you proceed with enlistment, there are enlistment procedures posted in the building you will enlist in, i.e. sa AS (or Palma Hall..and dont call it Palma Hall, call it AS ) meron naka-post sa lobby, sa AS101, and sa both ends of AS..sa eng'g (or Melchor, again don't call it Melchor hehe) meron din malamang sa lobby..

    remember to read it step-by-step and don't forget anything or skip any step..pag ginawa niyo yun walang magiging problema ang inyong enlistment and don't be shy to ask questions sa mga RAs (registration assistants) or sa SC officials who are often identified by their name tags or shirts..they will help you naman, di pa sila magiging terror ates and kuyas kasi first time niyo palang..

    if you have more questions, just ask me through this thread or pm me if medyo hiya kayo itanong hehe i think i know enough of the enlistment process kasi i have gone through it na a total of 10 times in the last four years..and i am going to endure it again for the next four years hehe i will be your ever-reliable ate here

    goodluck sa inyo!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupatsups View Post
    the freshman pre-enlistment module for the first semester, as far as i can remember (yak parang ang tagal eh noh? last year lang naman ako nag ganito), is fixed na according to the prescribed curriculum of your degree program. mas user-friendly pa siya compared to the normal crs module. you have to choose a block section first. then naka-indicate na doon kung ilang GEs ang kukunin mo, yung mga required subjects, tsaka PE. click niyo lang yung link tapos may list na mag-aappear. list of subjects, tapos list of sections. some block sections have preset subjects na so hindi ka na pipili pa ng subjects na kukunin mo, at di mo na rin aayusin ang schedule mo. karaniwan ito sa Eng'g blocks. i-confirm niyo, then wait for the results of the batch runs. it's as easy as that. hehe. if you're really lucky, one round lang kumpleto ka na! yung iba, hindi pa naeenlist sa block. kawawa. hehe. good luck!
    thank you po mga ate at kuya! ibig pong sabihin parang magla-log in lang ako sa CRS website, tapos andun na yung mga block sections? hmmm. sana maayos yung maging takbo ng lahat!

  6. #6
    what if plano mo mag-shift the next year? pwede ba palitan ang mga subjects na nakaset? balak ko kasi mag-shift pa tulong naman hehe thanks!

  7. #7
    hindi na puwede palitan yun kasi naka-set siya. mostly GE's naman yun kaya more or less macrecredit lahat iyon except nga kung major mo iyon like math 17 for BS courses tapos ang lilipatan mo ay walang math. at kahit magpalit ka pa ng subjects mo, i-correct pa rin yan ng iyong adviser. try mo sa second sem mo na mag non-major (kung pwede) at saka ka kumuha ng ibang subjects na kailangan sa course na lilipatan mo

  8. #8
    anung ibig sabihin ng non-major? as in hindi susundan yung curriculum? hehehe

  9. #9
    Kung ayaw mo 'yung pre-defined GE courses na nakalagay sa ibang block section, magtanong ka muna sa department mo kung anong GE courses ang pwede mong i-take para ma-credit.

    ASAP, piliin ang GE courses na mababa ang demand.


  10. #10
    Hmm...Question, is there any way for an incoming freshman to get an account for that site other than going to UP?

  11. #11
    Member hopiamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bingit ng Kabataan

    Question Pin used for Online Pre-enlistment deemed invalid for University Information System

    Hi. Incoming freshman din ako sa UPd at sinubukan kong mag-sign in sa CRS. Pero bakit po ganun? Nilagay ko yung student number ko sa "UP Login," tapos ginamit ko yung pin na kasama sa acceptance letter ko para sa "UP Password." Sa kasamaang palad, ang lumabas sa screen e "Invalid Webmail Login and Password Combination!"

    Ano po kaya ang pwede kong gawin sa puntong ito? Buti pala na-check ko ngayong gabi. Kung sinubukan ko pang mag-sign in sa araw ng enlistment at ganito ang nangyari, e di mas tumindi pa ang panic. Haaaaay.

  12. #12
    Thank you po sa pag reply!

    So it means we don't have to worry na, ... right? The online pre-enlistment is going to be easy...???

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gorz_07 View Post
    what if plano mo mag-shift the next year? pwede ba palitan ang mga subjects na nakaset? balak ko kasi mag-shift pa tulong naman hehe thanks!

    anung ibig sabihin ng non-major? as in hindi susundan yung curriculum? hehehe
    what is your degree program ba? kasi it depends sa department if papayagan ka nilang palitan yung mga subjects na naka-set if meron mang naka-set..i remember last year, merong makulit na mag-nanay na pumunta sa dept of political science na nagpipilit na palitan yung major subjects nung bata ng mga GE dahil mag-shift naman daw siya after a year..nagalit yung prof ko na that time ay yung nag-advise dun sa bata..kasi, if you dont like the degree, wag na daw ilagay sa application form tapos pag nakapasok daw sila ang mamomroblema sa pag-customize ng enlistment mo..

    non-major means that you are considered to have no major..no degree program..so no strict curriculum to follow..kumbaga ikaw ay isang nawawalang puppy na naghahanap ng bahay lol

    maybe you could tell mo your degree program and i could advise you with what you can do..

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph4ever View Post
    Hmm...Question, is there any way for an incoming freshman to get an account for that site other than going to UP?
    dont you have a crs account? wala ba nakalagay sa acceptance letter mo? coz when i was an incoming freshman, the crs login and password was included in the acceptance letter..the login consists of the first letter of your first name + middle initial + surname..the password is a random alphanumeric combination which you can change later on..

    Quote Originally Posted by hopiamani View Post
    Hi. Incoming freshman din ako sa UPd at sinubukan kong mag-sign in sa CRS. Pero bakit po ganun? Nilagay ko yung student number ko sa "UP Login," tapos ginamit ko yung pin na kasama sa acceptance letter ko para sa "UP Password." Sa kasamaang palad, ang lumabas sa screen e "Invalid Webmail Login and Password Combination!"

    Ano po kaya ang pwede kong gawin sa puntong ito? Buti pala na-check ko ngayong gabi. Kung sinubukan ko pang mag-sign in sa araw ng enlistment at ganito ang nangyari, e di mas tumindi pa ang panic. Haaaaay.
    sent you a pm! balitaan mo ako on what will hapen ok

    Quote Originally Posted by nicetan View Post
    Thank you po sa pag reply!

    So it means we don't have to worry na, ... right? The online pre-enlistment is going to be easy...???
    hmm it would be easy kasi you are freshies tapos na ba kayo mag-medical/dental?

    oh when is your enlistment? or enrolment para mas madali niyo maintindihan hehe baka i will be in UP and maybe i can meet up with some of you in case you would need my help..pero di pa sure yan ha i also have my own enlistment to do coz i am also an incoming freshie..in a different college but still in diliman

    magbaon ng water at pamaypay sa enlistment coz weather pag may is hot, and although di ganun ka-init sa UP unlike the other parts of manila, mainit paren..hmm kung pwedeng wag na kayo magdala ng nanay at tatay, wag na din kayo magdala

    as soon as i got my acceptance letter, my parents gave the responsibility over my college life to me..i was on my own when i had my medical/dental although i just had to pass my medical and dental reports and xray coz pinagawa namen yun sa family doctor and dentist and had my xray done in a private hospital..nag-commute lang din ako papunta ng UP, although i met up with my high school friend who was already in UP at that time..i did my own pre-enlistment and chose my own subjects..i was also on my own when enlistment came..my dad just dropped me of infront of AS then drove away..i was alone the whole time..pero see, i survived UP and i did not just survive, i managed to finish on time..yun ang pinakamahirap sa UP, to graduate on time..

    naku! wag na wag kayo mag-MRR (maximum residency rule)..a four-year degree program is supposed to be finished in a maximum of six years..

    also, after your enlistment/enrolment, there will be a series of orientations, first is your freshman orientation (malamang, sa Econ Audi ito..), next is the orientation in the UP Theatre (check your letters for your schedule, although i know that Eng'g, CSSP and CS are in the afternoon kasi those are the "Holy Trinity" of colleges in UP, tapos the other colleges are in the morning), next is the college orientation, and sometimes, department orientation..check niyo nalang kelan yung last two, kasi per college and dept ang schedule and venue..

    and, read and re-read the freshie guide that would be given on your first orientation kasi andun na yung mga important dates and things that you should know..pati UP lingo andun..para di kayo mahilo kung anu ang sinasabi ng prof and upperclassmen hehe tapos, since you would be commuting within UP..aralin niyo yung jeepney routes..for sure di na mkayo mawawala pa sa UP hehe

    naku ang haba na ng post

    PS. check this out for your RGEP concerns http://www.upd.edu.ph/~ovcaa/rgep/index.html

    PPS.sige pag sinipag ako, i will upload a UP map with the corresponding jeepney routes hehe

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by luna_cyro16 View Post

    dont you have a crs account? wala ba nakalagay sa acceptance letter mo? coz when i was an incoming freshman, the crs login and password was included in the acceptance letter..the login consists of the first letter of your first name + middle initial + surname..the password is a random alphanumeric combination which you can change later on..





    hello po, wala naman kasing nakalagay na crs login info sa Notice of Admission ko sa UP. Btw, sa Diliman ako. Paano to??

  15. #15
    is not for sale.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    disco disco
    Quote Originally Posted by patapon View Post
    hello po, wala naman kasing nakalagay na crs login info sa Notice of Admission ko sa UP. Btw, sa Diliman ako. Paano to??
    pag first sem it's just your student number (username) and your PIN (password) sa Notice of Admission.

  16. #16
    Ah. OK. Nakita ko na sa site yung instructions. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle nVII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Ridge
    ate luna may bayad po ba ang medical/dental tests pati na rin yung xray sa UHS ng UP Diliman? pls help me, nasasayangan ako sa pamasahe e. malayo ang clinics sa amin.. gusto ko isang puntahan na lang sa UHS.

  18. #18
    Hi! Is it true that online pre-enlistment is completely random?

    I mean, assuming I enlist on the last day and someone enlists 12 am on the first day, do I have as much chance as the latter to get a subject?

    Consider this scenario, assuming that an Eng 1 class has 30 slots but has a demand of 60. Given that we are freshmen plus its random, does it mean that I, together with other freshmen, have a reasonable chance to get that subject?

    Thanks!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by nVII View Post
    ate luna may bayad po ba ang medical/dental tests pati na rin yung xray sa UHS ng UP Diliman? pls help me, nasasayangan ako sa pamasahe e. malayo ang clinics sa amin.. gusto ko isang puntahan na lang sa UHS.
    yeah may bayad pero i cant give you a quote of how much it would cost kasi as i've said, di ako sa UP nagpa-medical/dental and xray..

    if you do it outside kasi, mas mabilis ang pag-process ng medical/dental mo dahil nga tapos ka na..you also dont have to wait in the veryyyyy long line of people waiting for their turn sa xray..

    pero yun nga lang, isang puntahan nalang if you do it in UHS..just make sure na agahan mo pagpunta don so you can be first in line..

    Quote Originally Posted by torquay View Post
    Hi! Is it true that online pre-enlistment is completely random?

    I mean, assuming I enlist on the last day and someone enlists 12 am on the first day, do I have as much chance as the latter to get a subject?

    Consider this scenario, assuming that an Eng 1 class has 30 slots but has a demand of 60. Given that we are freshmen plus its random, does it mean that I, together with other freshmen, have a reasonable chance to get that subject?

    Thanks!
    yeah..it is completely random so if there are 30 slots and 60 of you enlisted in the subject, you have a 1 in 60 chance to get the slot..however, be sure to enlist in the first run of pre-enlistment since most of the slots are given sa first run..sa second run, there is only 1 slot most of the time and madadagdagan lang yun and magkakaroon lang ng slot sa third run if meron mag-cancel sa subject na yun..getz?

  20. #20
    is not for sale.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    disco disco
    yes. pre-enlistment is totally random. you have statistical probability, insufficient slots, and priority levels to blame if ever you're not enlisted in a class.

    freshmen and graduating students have higher priority. registration volunteers also have priority.

    yes. those who enlist earlier have the same probability of getting that class as those who enlisted later. IMO though, i think it's better to enlist na lang earlier, para mauna ka doon sa demand count. SOME students kasi, pag nakita nilang marami na ang demand, hahanap na lang sila ng ibang section na pag-eenlistan - thus less competition for you.

    you have a high chance of getting Eng 1 on the first round, since you're a freshman. but the probability is not 100%, obviously. mas mataas lang. most of the Eng 1 classes naman are really for the freshmen.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Topics

UAAP:

Chris Newsome, Kiefer Ravena lift Ateneo over UE, 78-73

Chris Newsome, Kiefer Ravena lift Ateneo over UE, 78-73

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Sharon Cuneta apologizes to fans by writing an open letter on Facebook

Sharon Cuneta apologizes to fans by writing an open letter on Facebook

read more
PBB:

Korina Sanchez to enter the Big Brother house as a guest

Korina Sanchez to enter the Big Brother house as a guest

read more
PBA:

Banchero, Pringle and Rosser impress in PBA Draft workouts

Banchero, Pringle and Rosser impress in PBA Draft workouts

read more
SPORTS:

Air Force advances to Final Four with win over Ateneo in three sets, 25-20, 25-22, 25-22

Air Force advances to Final Four with win over Ateneo in three sets, 25-20, 25-22, 25-22

read more
LOCAL AND FOREIGN ISSUES:

Ramon Bautista officially declared as persona non grata in Davao City

Ramon Bautista officially declared as persona non grata in Davao City

read more
PROMO:

Join the Pudsey the Movie promo and win advance screening tickets!

Join the Pudsey the Movie promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more