PEx Highlights

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Car tint sa Pinas, is it practical?

Nag rent kami ng car (hertz) when we were there on holiday and we forgot to inform them that we don't want a tinted car.

Dito kasi sa amin bawal ang tinted. Only max of 30% is allowed.

And because of phil's road condition:

1. No street light. Pag first time mo mag drive ulit para kang nangangapa sa dilim lalo na at reduce ang visibility mo dahil sa tint ng car.

2. South super h-way is under renovation. Madami detour and signs are not well posted/lighted.

3. Congested. Pedestrians, motorcycle, tricycle, jeep and private cars are using a 3 lanes road.

..it is much safer to drive with 100% road visibility.

Kayo? Bakit nyo pina-tint ang car nyo?

I must admit, driving in the Phils specially sucat road is one hell of experience.

Ang init init kaya sa Pilipinas. You need a tinted car to block off the heat of the sun.

Is it practical in the Philippines? Of course. Especially now that its getting sunny and hot. Even the cheap tints help in reducing the temperature inside the car. It also affords the occupants a bit of privacy and even security. Visibility? I don't know what you drove but I use only the lighter shade above super black and I still see the road even at night. I also only had the top 7in of the windshield tinted, baka naman yours had the whole front tinted?

In Japan, and this one is a tip to those who are into JDM themed rides, no tints are allowed on the windshield and on the front windows. Brown glass is obsolete and illegal, kaya nagkalat yan sa surplasan.

IMO, tint is a must nowadays with the heat/UV rays and all. It's just a a matter of the type/shade of the tint installed.

I find it stupid if someone's point of argument is the congestion here in the Philippines.

forget all those reasons aforemention said,

the real reason for car tint is security.

The last thing you want is to be at the stop light, alone in the car, with 10 street citizens knocking on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by alvurnheeyha View Post
    Nag rent kami ng car (hertz) when we were there on holiday and we forgot to inform them that we don't want a tinted car.

Dito kasi sa amin bawal ang tinted. Only max of 30% is allowed.

And because of phil's road condition:

1. No street light. Pag first time mo mag drive ulit para kang nangangapa sa dilim lalo na at reduce ang visibility mo dahil sa tint ng car.

2. South super h-way is under renovation. Madami detour and signs are not well posted/lighted.

3. Congested. Pedestrians, motorcycle, tricycle, jeep and private cars are using a 3 lanes road.

..it is much safer to drive with 100% road visibility.

Kayo? Bakit nyo pina-tint ang car nyo?

I must admit, driving in the Phils specially sucat road is one hell of experience.
    yep, safety and heat shield.

put dark tints on the sides and back then slap a "magic tint" on front. clear from inside day/night. from the outside, mirror at day and dark at night.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerhandBop View Post
    forget all those reasons aforemention said,

the real reason for car tint is security.

The last thing you want is to be at the stop light, alone in the car, with 10 street citizens knocking on your car.
    Not necessarily so; it was advised before not to put too dark a shade of tint if safety is your primary concern (privacy maybe if you're talking about rejecting onlookers); as if you're kidnapped or held-up/carjacked and still driving around with the perpetrators, people cannot see whats going on inside the car. Some years ago, a kidnap victim was also killed in a shootout with the cops as they did not see him (or her?) inside the vehicle (couple that with the shoot-and-ask questions later mentality of our local enforcement and its a not too good prospect ).

car tints are a necessity here. exposure to UV rays can damage your skin as well as your car's interior. the tints however should have the best balance between heat rejection, privacy and visibility.

depende kung pati yung windshield naka tint pusang hilaw hirap mag drive lalo na kapag dilim.. pero sa Pinas kelangan tinted ang sasakyan unang una mainit at maaraw.. subukan mong mag drive ng walang tint yugn sasakyan yung kaliwang braso mo maitim hindi pantay sa kulay ng kanang braso ...tsaka dapat yung tint 30% to 40% lang...

Mainit din naman dito sa kinalalagyan ko (Dubai). Summer reach as hot as 40 deg. ....for 6 months! But we are only allowed to have our car tint for up to 30%.

Reason? Security! Authorities would want to know what's going on inside the car and for visibility purposes eventhough streets are well lighted (streetlights every 30 meters or so)

Any renters from outside the country would tell you that having your car tint for up to above 50% in the phils is "loco".

And yeah, congestion is a lame excuse but still hard to ignore. Specially if everyone (PUJ, tricyle, motorcycle, pedestrians) are using 3 lanes road.

But then again, you probably wouldn't know the difference if you are driving in the same country and the same road everytime. More on "masasanay" kana.

Right, Buds?!

Quote Originally Posted by slamm View Post
    Not necessarily so; it was advised before not to put too dark a shade of tint if safety is your primary concern (privacy maybe if you're talking about rejecting onlookers); as if you're kidnapped or held-up/carjacked and still driving around with the perpetrators, people cannot see whats going on inside the car. Some years ago, a kidnap victim was also killed in a shootout with the cops as they did not see him (or her?) inside the vehicle (couple that with the shoot-and-ask questions later mentality of our local enforcement and its a not too good prospect ).
    This issue (car tint) was raised by korina sanches.

Depending on personal circumstances, tint here varies from practicality to necessity. In our case, both my son and I are pawisin, no amount of aircon cleaning and fixing seems to solve our "heat" problem. But after replacing our tint with Sunguard, for the first time in more than 2 years, we are able to relax inside our car. Visibility? Yes, we have to be more careful especially when turning corners moreso in areas where pedicab or tricycles abound - those kind that doesn't stop for others.

My rating for tints as follows
    ***** For Blocking or Reducing Heat
    ***** For Security (discouraging unwanted entry) or Privacy
    - *.... For Security (robbery or kidnapping in progress inside car)
    * *.... For Raod Visibility = ** (depending on tint)
    Last edited by JamesVillamor; Apr 12, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

30% is enough.....

16. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by the_BuGs View Post
    30% is enough.....
    exactly my reason why it took mne more than 2 years (the length of time I owned the car) to finally replace my tint with a darker shade. In my ase, it is more of a necessity although some safety issues need to be addressed (such as being more careful)

I use Mirareed Clear Tint. Halos 90% clear siya (parang walang tint) but heat protection is 70%. Hirap talaga mag drive sa gabi pag may dark tint lalu na when a lot of jeepney and tricycle drivers drive without headlights to conserve battery.

"Any renters from outside the country would tell you that having your car tint for up to above 50% in the phils is "loco"."

I have lived in north america for a good amount of years. kaya nasanay ako to cars without tints.

sa states, only the rear windows can be tinted.

pero i came back here, and one of my biggest complaints is the tints. lalo na because mahilig akong tumigin thru the windshield of the car infront of me.

pero nasanay din ako and i stopped complaining after awhile.

and i reckon the same would be true for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo168 View Post
    I use Mirareed Clear Tint. Halos 90% clear siya (parang walang tint) but heat protection is 70%. Hirap talaga mag drive sa gabi pag may dark tint lalu na when a lot of jeepney and tricycle drivers drive without headlights to conserve battery.
    I have a few near hit incidents. While going home, around 10pm, as I was turning left (with signal lights flashing) from a national road and a tricycle without headlights from a secondary road did not stop or honor my right of way. As I was turning left, my wife suddenly shouted and as I stopped, the tricycle driver also stopped right in front of my left bumper. And guess what, siya pa ang galit.

At that time, I wanted to get down and hit the tricycle driver with whatever I could get my hands on (but I have none). He endangered the life of my wife and 2 year old boy.

Along edsa, I also experience motorcycles and taxi with dim or no tail lights overtaking me and making sudden shift into my lane. Often along aurora boulevard, it is difficult to overtake or pass by a jeepney taking on passengers in the night. Sometimes, a headlightless jeepney or taxi is coming your way na pala. The same problem with headlightless tricycles, motorcycles, taxi cabs, etc suddenly popping out from side streets.

I do consider myselft a careful driver and that was with my old tint which I think is around 50% shade.

Pero namamatay na kami sa pulmonya as me and my son perspire a lot so I felt I have little choice but to have my sides tinted black. I promised my self to be more careful and when dark, I stretched my neck right to peep in the windshield just to make sure it is safe to turn left. I have lesser problems turning right except for headlightless motorcycles attempting to beat me and make a pass at my right. I experienced such incident 2x when I still had my old tint and the tint is removed (a round hole) right where the side mirror is.

I think in Japan, it is illegal to tint the windshield and the front side mirrors. I am not really sure if this is so but post this info so that someone may either correct or confirm it.

BTW, what happened to laws(rather its implementation) against driving without headlights or tail lights?

^
    If you are having difficulty with visibility with your dark tints especially when driving at night, then it is almost as bad as driving under the influence of alcohol. You better have those black tints replaced as there are tints in the market that are not too dark but keep the 90% of the heat out. Although they may cost more, I say its worth the investment compared to causing an accident because of poor visibility.

Headlightless jeepneys and tricycles are a real problem in the metro. I don't know how authorities can implement this as I noticed traffic enforcers are active only during the daytime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast