PEx Highlights

FEATURE: Philippine Cup Semis Preview

It's the Aces against the E-Painters and SMB versus TNT. Read on as JPM previews and predicts the outcome of the Fil Cup semis.

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Takes Game 1 vs RoS

The Aces mustered a furious 2nd half turnaround to take Game 1 of the semifinals against the Elasto Painters, 87-80.

read more

FEATURE: On Former Teammates and Rivals

PEx's guest contributor Michele Gumabao talks about her ex-teammates and ex-rivals in the UAAP and the pros.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

REVIEW: This is Where I Leave You

Family dramedy This Is Where I Leave You graces the screens this week. Is this movie worth checking out? Find out here!

read more

TRAVEL: Ilocos: Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud

PExer mikedph shares everything you need to know about an Ilocos trip that includes photos around Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud.

read more

EXCESS BAGGAGE CHARGES of Cebu Pacific

Cebu Pacific have implemented their strict and overcharging rates of the passengers' excess baggage and at the same time reduced the baggage allowance from 20 to 15 kilograms per passenger last year.

They are charging 100 pesos per kilo to any domestic destination and much much more on their international routes. I find it very very unreasonable. Based on my experience from PAL, their rates vary depending on the distance of your destination. It's somewhere between 25 to 50 pesos per kilo, which I think is fair enough. Alangan naman you'll be paying the same price if you travel from Manila to Cebu and Manila to Davao, di ba? It's for their convenience na madali lang ang computation at the passengers' expense!

Being in the public transportation sector, I think the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), formerly the Air Transportation Office (ATO), must regulate the rates, similar to the LTFRB regulates the fares of the public utility vehicles.

Nakakamura ka nga sa fare, pukpukin ka naman nila sa excess baggage mo.

What are your sentiments on this matter guys?

Pal and Cebu Pacific are not the same company.

There is no known regulation about this matter and as a matter of fact, people like us have been complaining about the issue.

This not only teach us to pack light but to have patience. I hope the fees will disappear as the worldwide economy picks up.

I agree, the Cebu Pacific excess baggage charges (especially on international flights!) are OVERpriced! Obviously, most of the people flying with them are on a budget (or else they would've booked with other, better, full-service airlines, right?) and whatnot...why those ridiculous charges? While I find it reasonable that their free baggage allowance is now only 15kg/person, I completely disagree that one kilo of excess is worth P400/500. That's quite ridiculous.

Yes the P100/kilo excess on local flight is ridiculous kasi kung magpadala ka ng package sa mga freight & handling companies they will charge only P40/kilo more or less and knowing na sa mga airlines din naman nila ipadala ang package hindi naman sa barko.

Quote Originally Posted by spicyblue View Post
    Yes the P100/kilo excess on local flight is ridiculous kasi kung magpadala ka ng package sa mga freight & handling companies they will charge only P40/kilo more or less and knowing na sa mga airlines din naman nila ipadala ang package hindi naman sa barko.
    I totally agree with this. iPaship ng nalang yung pinamili nyo

mura nga titirahin ka naman nila sa taxes and excess charges. next time, mag PAL na lang ako.

it;s for light travellers, no doubt. if light travelling is now your style, then it's best not to use cebu pacific.

the truth hurts, does it? metropolitan's Avatar
    Did you know that you can purchase prepaid excess baggage when you book online for CebuPacific?

For domestic trips, the charge is PhP400 (incl. VAT) for every 5kg increments per way.

To save more, you can send your items through domestic couriers like 2Go, LBC, Air21. At 2Go, a 20kg box costs from PhP565.

9. Advertisement

^ Are there cheap options like this for international travel? I'm planning to go shopping in Bangkok and I'm not sure how I'll be able to bring everything back without having to spend TOO much for excess baggage...

the truth hurts, does it? metropolitan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkissbangxx View Post
    ^ Are there cheap options like this for international travel? I'm planning to go shopping in Bangkok and I'm not sure how I'll be able to bring everything back without having to spend TOO much for excess baggage...
    Probably you can look for Filipino "balikbayan box" companies in Bangkok.

Sa Singapore maraming ganyan, nagamit ko na rin once at maraming mga sizes at mas mura sa excess baggage charges ng Singapore Airlines.

Most balikbayan boxes are send via sea freight so expect probably one to two weeks for delivery.

i guess the passenger airlines now are literally for passengers only with carry-on baggage.. if you have excess baggage which they define as cargo, you have to send it through cargo airliners.. ndi bah fair yun? lolz