PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1

    Smile Schools with PAASCU 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION are the BEST??

    Hello fellow PEXters! I'm a parent who's searching for a good PRIVATE school for my young relatives. I been having a difficult time finding the right one though.

    Do any of you guys know the list of ALL the schools in the Philippines with a PAASCU 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION? From what I've heard, there's only 3, namely: Ateneo, La Salle, and Xavier School, but I might be wrong.

    But please, this is simply only a guide though.. I'm not saying that I'm only going to choose between schools that has a 5-year accreditation and forget other good schools. It's only a guide and I'm continuously searching for more info and the info here would greatly help!

    Btw, please also post your responses on my other thread: Is XAVIER really the best private HS in the Philippines? All your feedback would really be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblade View Post
    Hello fellow PEXters! I'm a parent who's searching for a good PRIVATE school for my young relatives. I been having a difficult time finding the right one though.

    Do any of you guys know the list of ALL the schools in the Philippines with a PAASCU 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION? From what I've heard, there's only 3, namely: Ateneo, La Salle, and Xavier School, but I might be wrong.

    But please, this is simply only a guide though.. I'm not saying that I'm only going to choose between schools that has a 5-year accreditation and forget other good schools. It's only a guide and I'm continuously searching for more info and the info here would greatly help!

    Btw, please also post your responses on my other thread: Is XAVIER really the best private HS in the Philippines? All your feedback would really be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    there is only one,yes, only one school given a 7-year accreditation by paascu - la salle green hills. it's a guide and that guide tells you what is the best grade school and high school in the country

  4. #4
    Miriam College - 5 years

  5. #5
    my sister's a teacher. and she said that when PAASCU visits the school every 5 years or more, it means that the school is performing well. Maganda na ang patakbo.

    in my school, CSR Rockwell we are on level II and the PAASCU visited us 5 years ago and will come back maybe next year. my school has been performing well since its last visit until now. I was just in 5th grade when we reached level II, I am graduating now and in 2009 they'll come back again for another evaluation

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958mb180d View Post
    there is only one,yes, only one school given a 7-year accreditation by paascu - la salle green hills. it's a guide and that guide tells you what is the best grade school and high school in the country
    Common sense lang. How can DLSU have the best grade school and high school in the country when many of its products are not that bright? They don't even excel in academics. Obvious naman. Baka sports, pwede pa.

  7. #7
    Di malambot na bahay kubo
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bulacan
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958mb180d View Post
    there is only one,yes, only one school given a 7-year accreditation by paascu - la salle green hills. it's a guide and that guide tells you what is the best grade school and high school in the country
    Best?

    Patunayan mo nga.

    Alam naman nating lahat na by levels din ang accreditation ng PAASCU sa grade school at high school.

  8. #8
    sinabi na ng mismong kaklase ko na taga la salle greenhills, marami din daw bobo na gmgraduate ng greenhills. Ang lutong pa ng pagkasabi niya haha over rated daw masyado.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahay_Na_Bato View Post
    Best?

    Patunayan mo nga.

    Alam naman nating lahat na by levels din ang accreditation ng PAASCU sa grade school at high school.
    why don't you check out lsgh's website and learn more

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by yoroshikuonegai View Post
    sinabi na ng mismong kaklase ko na taga la salle greenhills, marami din daw bobo na gmgraduate ng greenhills. Ang lutong pa ng pagkasabi niya haha over rated daw masyado.
    this is a classic case of sourgraping and a common statement of kids who don;t march and bow on the platform

  11. #11
    Di malambot na bahay kubo
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bulacan
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958mb180d View Post
    why don't you check out lsgh's website and learn more
    La Salle Greenhills' claims on its websites do not prove that it is the best, especially since we all know that accreditation, even at the GS and HS level, is by Level (I, II, III, etc.)

    Why don't you read more on accreditation and actually learn something?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigre View Post
    Common sense lang. How can DLSU have the best grade school and high school in the country when many of its products are not that bright? They don't even excel in academics. Obvious naman. Baka sports, pwede pa.
    I know a lot of LSGH grads who do it well. Hindi lang sila nakikilala. Mostly naman ang mga nakikilala natin ay yung mga lumalabas sa TV, etc.

    Ano ba ang criteria ng PAASCU? If you think LSGH doesn't deserve its accreditation, e di flawed ito? Maybe pagdating sa ibang areas like sa faculty, curriculum ay angat sila. Baka lang. Let's be open to other possibilities.

    BTW. Correct me if I'm wrong. Alam ko pati St. Theresa's College in QC nabigyan din ng 7-year accreditation ng PAASCU.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahay_Na_Bato View Post
    La Salle Greenhills' claims on its websites do not prove that it is the best, especially since we all know that accreditation, even at the GS and HS level, is by Level (I, II, III, etc.)

    Why don't you read more on accreditation and actually learn something?
    then what school do you think deserves to be called 'best in your country?i don't have to read more about 'accreditation'.you do your reading and learn everything that needs to be learned,buy a desk,place it at the entrance door at the paascu building,write 'start here' using an art paper and begin answering inquiries
    ps-don't forget to bring bottled water

  14. #14

    Question Confused

    Hello! Sorry if I sound n00bish here pero I'm really confused with the entire accreditation process. I've heard a lot about it pero ang gulo sobra. So I really want to ask the ff. questions so as to clarify this issue once and for all not just for me but for the rest as well.

    1. Please define 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION. How does the process work? So if you're accredited 5 times in a row does that already mean the "highly respected" 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION?

    2. Please define LEVEL IV ACCREDITATION.

    3. I'm really confused with this one. What is the DIFFERENCE between 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION and LEVEL IV ACCREDITATION?

    4. If I look in Wikipedia (and other websites), why is it that I always see high school levels (ex: la salle greenhills) ONLY getting the former "year-type" accreditation like the 4-year accreditation, 5-year accreditation, etc.? And if I look at college levels (ex: ateneo de manila university), why is it that I always see the latter ONLY getting the "level-type" accreditation like the Level III, level IV accreditation?

    5. So if a school has been given 5-YEAR or 7-YEAR ACCREDITATION, does that mean it also received a LEVEL IV ACCREDITATION? For instance, La Salle Greenhills has received a "7-year accreditation", does that also mean it also received the "LEVEL IV accreditation?"

    Hopefully, someone can shed light on this confusing but very important matter. Thanks!

  15. #15
    Di malambot na bahay kubo
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bulacan
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958mb180d View Post
    then what school do you think deserves to be called 'best in your country?i don't have to read more about 'accreditation'.you do your reading and learn everything that needs to be learned,buy a desk,place it at the entrance door at the paascu building,write 'start here' using an art paper and begin answering inquiries
    ps-don't forget to bring bottled water
    The school that deserves to be called the best in the country depends on the criteria used for determining what is "best."

    As regards accreditation, again, even a cursory examination of PAASCU's materials (on its website, for starters) shows that even grade school and high school programs are evaluated using levels, which are then awarded for a number of years. In short, the number of years a level is awarded is independent, although it may be related to, the level awarded.

    bosyky10, this should address some of your concerns.

  16. #16
    ayos PAASCU haven't heard the initials in a very long time it brings back memories from my gradeschool unfortunately i don't want to mention the name of my gradeschool. I'am sure marami iba school na accredited ng PAASCU.

  17. #17
    Di malambot na bahay kubo
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bulacan
    O, sila daw ang may highest accreditation level.


    http://www.ateneo.edu/index.php?p=12...ec=29&aid=6227


    AHS is now Level III accredited

    date posted: 2009-01-07 06:48:54


    The Ateneo de Manila High School was recently granted Level III accredited status, the highest level for basic education units, by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU).

    The Level III accreditation grants the Ateneo High School “Full curricular autonomy, including the authority to innovate without need for prior approval provided that the concerned DepEd Regional Office is duly informed” and “Full autonomy including freedom from visitation, inspection and/or supervision by DepEd supervisory personnel or representatives for the duration of its Level III accredited status.”

    The AHS became eligible to apply for Level III status after being granted a second clean re-accreditation when the PAASCU conducted a visit last October 2007. The level III accreditation is valid until November 2012.

    The Level III status acknowledges that the Ateneo de Manila High School has a reasonably high standard of instruction and a well developed mechanism for improving and upgrading its own curriculum. It recognizes the creditable performance of AHS teachers that promote effectiveness of teaching and learning. It also acknowledges the high level of achievement and performance of students in both academic and co-curricular activities and lauds a highly visible community outreach program. The Level III status also recognizes the strong faculty and staff development tradition.

    Fr. Raymund-Benedict Q. Hizon, SJ, AHS principal, expressed his deep gratitude to the entire high school community especially to Fr. Eli Y. Lumbo, S.J., Mr. Leonardo L. Balmaceda Jr., Mr. Bernie C. Santos, Ms. Joy T. Calleja, Mr. Renato N. Carvajal, Mrs. Esperanza J. Chee Kee, Mrs. Socorro E. Escarez, Mr. Jim Ryan G. Fallorina, Mrs. Ester V. Frago, Mr. Gabriel F. Mallillin, Mr. Noel P. Miranda, Mr. Jose Gerardo Q. Pavia, Mrs. Ma. Margarita M. Pavia and Mrs. Elizabeth R. Peralejo who worked with him for the preparation of the 200-page narrative report that served as the AHS’ application for Level III status.

    With this accreditation, the whole high school community looks forward to greater improvements in the programs and facilities of the school.

  18. #18

    Question Still Confused

    Hello! Sorry if I sound n00bish here pero I'm really confused with the entire accreditation process. I've heard a lot about it pero ang gulo sobra. So I really want to ask the ff. questions so as to clarify this issue once and for all not just for me but for the rest as well.

    1. Please define 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION.
    How does the process work? So if you're accredited 5 times in a row does that already mean the "highly respected" 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION?

    2. Please define LEVEL IV ACCREDITATION.

    3. I'm really confused with this one. What is the DIFFERENCE between 5-YEAR ACCREDITATION and LEVEL IV ACCREDITATION?

    4. So if a school has been given 5-YEAR or 7-YEAR ACCREDITATION, does that mean it also received a LEVEL IV ACCREDITATION? For instance, La Salle Greenhills has received a "7-year accreditation", does that also mean it also received the "LEVEL IV accreditation?"

    Hopefully, someone can shed light on this confusing but very important matter. Thanks!

  19. #19
    Di malambot na bahay kubo
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bulacan
    boysky10:

    Read above.

  20. #20
    my highschhol has received full-PAASCU accredition as well. probably not as well known as ahs or greenhills but i can still say we are at the same par.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Hot Topics

PBA:

GlobalPort bows to NLEX after fourth quarter collapse, 101-96

GlobalPort bows to NLEX after fourth quarter collapse, 101-96

read more
SHOWBIZ:

What do you make of John Lloyd Cruz' performance in The Trial?

What do you make of John Lloyd Cruz' performance in The Trial?

read more
TRAVEL:

No bidets, rude staff and poor internet. What are your other hotel pet peeves?

No bidets, rude staff and poor internet. What are your other hotel pet peeves?

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Unzip your man purse and share what's inside your kikoy kit!

Unzip your man purse and share what's inside your kikoy kit!

read more
SPORTS:

2014 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix opens

2014 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix opens

read more
NMFtv:

NBA 2K15 Exhibition Gameplay - Washington Wizards VS Los Angeles Clippers on PS4

NBA 2K15 Exhibition Gameplay - Washington Wizards VS Los Angeles Clippers on PS4

read more