Honorable dismissal lookslike.. | The Academe | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

PSL: Foton VS Petron

Are you cheering for Foton? Or will you place your bets for Petron? Talk about the PSL finals here!

read more

Overseas Christmas destination

Pack your bags and get ready for a holiday like no other. Where would you want to spend your holidays outside the Philippines?

read more

Exchange gift ideas!

Looking for a unique exchange gift option? Check out some suggestions here!

read more

Favorite PBB moment so far

This season, ano ang pinaka tumatak na PBB moment sayo so far? Makipagkwentuhan na sa PEx PBB crew dito!

read more

Best shopping mall in the metro!

Where do you usually do your Christmas haul? It is the battle of the best shopping mall here!

read more

UAAP Basketball: DLSU gets it!

There is no need for a game 3. DLSU takes home the crown! Talk more about the series here!

read more

X
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Honorable dismissal lookslike..

    pkipost naman ano itsura nung honorable dismissal..??

    PLZ

  2. #2
    Bɐnned by Admᴉn Dacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Al-Khobar, KSA
    What do you mean kung ano ang hitsura? Yung form na nakasulat na dismissed ka as honorable dismissal?

    Iba-iba ata yun per college

  3. #3
    keyboardist shooting guard zacharaiolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Eb minor 7,9,11,13
    Generally, honorable dismissal is voluntary withdrawal from the University with the consent of the University Registrar or his representative. All indebtedness to the University must be settled before a statement of honorable dismissal will be issued. The statement indicates that the student withdrew in good standing as far as character and conduct is concerned. If the student has been dropped from the rolls on account of poor scholarship, a statement to that effect may be added to the honorable dismissal.

    A student who leaves the University for reason of suspension, dropping or expulsion due to disciplinary action shall not be entitled to honorable dismissal. Should he be permitted to receive his transcript of record or the certification of his academic status in the University, it shall contain a statement of the disciplinary action rendered against him.

  4. #4
    Before, I thought honorable dismissal are given to students who wishes not to continue his studies in that school and decided to transfer to another school.

    I was asked for an honorable dismissal from UP in order to be admitted for a post-graduate degree in DLSU.

    But in case I pursue MBA in UPdil after I graduate MS-IT in DLSU, would I still be required to secure an honorable dismissal from DLSU in order to be admitted in UPdil considering that I graduated from UPLB (undergrad)?

  5. #5
    so ano ba kailangan kung magttransfer ka.. i think HD is like yung good moral character sa high school..

    so ano itsura nung certified true copy of grades

  6. #6
    Tomador Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City
    Ang tanong: Bakit kailangan mo ng hitsura ng honorable dismissal? Why don't you get one from your registrar yourself?

    Ganun din sa certified true copy of grades. Bakit mo kailangang tanungin kung ano ang hitsura? Basta kumuha ka na lang sa registrar ninyo.

  7. #7
    Baka natatakot siyang peke ang ibigay sa kanya.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PaNayA View Post
    so ano ba kailangan kung magttransfer ka.. i think HD is like yung good moral character sa high school..

    so ano itsura nung certified true copy of grades
    Honorable Dismissal is different from a Certificate of Good Moral Character. In UP, I was able to secure these documents as both of these were required for DLSU post-graduate admission.

    HD I believe is a proof that you are already cleared from the university/school or you don't have any liabilities with them. Cert. of Good Moral Character I think is a proof that you have not committed any major offenses in the university or something like that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnymarky View Post
    HD I believe is a proof that you are already cleared from the university/school or you don't have any liabilities with them. Cert. of Good Moral Character I think is a proof that you have not committed any major offenses in the university or something like that.
    Yeah, IMHO I think Post/graduate degrees (MBA. MS, MA or PhD) usually require those honorable dismissal from your last school that you attended to make sure that you're cleared and do not have any liabilities with the last school (especially if it is not the same school you attended in your undergrad), plus the fact that you're having a higher education. It sort of means that your undergrad is no longer the highest educational attainment you have received so the school where you're taking your post/grad degree is the one who is now responsible for your scholastic record. Diba when we were applying for college, hiningi *** HS report card natin? The same for this post/grad thing. Hihingin yung official TOR natin nung college tayo kasi hindi na college *** highest educational attainment.

  10. #10
    Honorable dismissal? Isang pirasong papel na nag sasabi na wala kang utang o kaso at ikaw ay umalis ng maayos sa school, tapos may seal at mga pirma. Isusurender nga lang sa lilipatan mo kaya wala na ako kopya. Noon pa ito.

    Kaya kung balak mo gumawa ng magic, wag mo na ituloy. Truth will set you free and you will learn alot.

  11. #11
    Can we request for a copy of honorable diamissal twice?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gcpore View Post
    Can we request for a copy of honorable diamissal twice?
    No, you can only request for a transfer credential/honorable dismissal ONCE. The likely rationale for this is if you've asked one before and you enrolled in another school at nagkakaso ka dun, you can't transfer again to another school unless you clear all your liabilities there...which makes sense.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty_virago View Post
    Yeah, IMHO I think Post/graduate degrees (MBA. MS, MA or PhD) usually require those honorable dismissal from your last school that you attended to make sure that you're cleared and do not have any liabilities with the last school (especially if it is not the same school you attended in your undergrad), plus the fact that you're having a higher education. It sort of means that your undergrad is no longer the highest educational attainment you have received so the school where you're taking your post/grad degree is the one who is now responsible for your scholastic record. Diba when we were applying for college, hiningi *** HS report card natin? The same for this post/grad thing. Hihingin yung official TOR natin nung college tayo kasi hindi na college *** highest educational attainment.
    Correct. It's easy to track your educational history that way. That's why when you request a transcript of records again from your previous school, may nakalagay na na "Granted Transfer Credential" or "Transferred to [your new school]". Sa bago mo namang school, may nakalagay na dun na "Transferred from [your previous school]".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •