PEx Highlights

PROMO: The Maze Runner

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Maze Runner merchandise!

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

Show Me Your Naked Teeths!

In this week's episode of Show Me Your Teeths, the girls talk about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but The Naked Truth!

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Outmuscles La Salle, Claim #2 Seed

The FEU Tamaraws secured the #2 seed in the Final Four after beating the DLSU Green Archers, 65-60.

read more

FEATURE: Gilas Going for Gold in Asian Games

For the next two weeks, Gilas Pilipinas will once more be in the spotlight in search for our first basketball gold medal in the Asian Games since 1962.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Gold's Gym in Glorietta, Makati

Any ideas / comments on Gold's GYm makati?

Mapa-good or bad...

I'm planning to apply pero wala pang time pumasyal...

Ok ba mga machines at equipments? Lockers? May trainers ba and how much should be the fee?

Salamat Peeps!

I suggest you go and ask for a tour. As for me, I'll repost my negative reactions here:

I went to Gold's Gym Glorietta awhile ago to have a tour inside, to see if the environment is nice and all that stuff. Unfortunately, I was so disappointed.

There are 5 reasons why it didn't pass my standards (and the standards of others, too, who prefer FF than Gold's):

1. First impression for customer satisfaction is a failure. I was talking to them nicely when I entered and inquired, not until they asked me to tour the gym by myself. They said it was peak hours and they didn't have any people to assist me. Where's the right service there?! They can't attract people to sign up to them when they allow those kinds of practices! I insisted on having someone tour me around and they were able to produce someone to tour me!

2. Spacing of equipment is a failure. Machines are so much close to each other, that it looks so crowded. Having the right distances for each equipment is important, because it makes the person using it be more free to move and stretch around; plus the user won't hesitate to use the machine, knowing that no one is so close to him/her.

3. Lighting of the whole place is such a failure. The windows were already uncovered, yet the place still looks so dark and gloomy. The whole place is not conducive for working out. Lighting is very very important for me.

4. Customer to bring their own padlocks for lockers? Shouldn't be. Need I say more?

5. Comfort room/Shower room feels eeekkeey. The whole room is so small, and it's positioned so near the steam and sauna rooms. After you take a bath, you won't feel fresh once you get out of the cubicle - all the steam and heat that comes out of the steam and sauna rooms goes to you again.

Just my take...

Most gyms are all the same here. The only thing that would differ is equipment, location and prices.

If you want better value for money, a less popular gym can give you the same thing these expensive gyms can but they are much cheaper and chances are service is much better.

To the TS: are you located in the makati area and is that why you are considering gold's?
    As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.

From "As a Man Thinketh" By James Allen

yes, im working near glorietta and gg is the nearest gym there is.. any recommendtaions aside from gg n malapit? pwede rin ako sa boni area...

any ideas kung magkano ang fee?kahit range lang

If you're just gonna travel to the boni area, I'll be biased and say try giving Eclipse Shaw a visit
    As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.

if so, any comments on Eclipse shaw? fees, equipments, may trainer ba na mabait at ok n ok? tsalamats

Thee's an eclipse thread over here... feel free to check it out.

Not the best of Gold's. Pinakamagandang branch yung Alabang.

Gold's Gym Glorietta badly needs renovation. More than 2-3 years nang nakatunganga sa luma ang facilities nila. I wonder what the branch manager is doing. Hello... Earth to Gold's Gym Glorietta?

If you're planning to go to Gold's Glorietta just because you work in Makati and you wanna workout after work, think again. Baka mas mura at mas maganda pa yung local gym na malapit sa bahay mo. Also, most experts discourage people from going to the gym after work, dahil sa state ng body mo after a long day of stress.

To get to the good side: Gold's Glorietta almost has everything you need to get results. All you need to do is to know how to use 'em properly. Beware lang, may mga instructors dun na pagdududahan mo kung paano nakakuha ng certification to teach fitness. It's very obvious that their trainees don't get results of almost more than a year of training.

@TS, you're better off at Eclipse.

i think it's crowded

Beware lang, may mga instructors dun na pagdududahan mo kung paano nakakuha ng certification to teach fitness. It's very obvious that their trainees don't get results of almost more than a year of training.
    Oh my some things never change

^^ point ng trainers is to get you the idea and help you get started sa fitness and weight training e. I don't get it why some people hire trainers (sorry sa matamaan) then pay for them for a year then later lalamon kasama PT nila o kaya paguwi/bago umuwi lalamon kasama mga barkadets sa gym.. nonsense

kung seryoso ka sa pagtratrain mo, unang gagawin mo either, yes, get a trainer and start at least being knowledgeable about what you are doing. Kahit naman magnegosyo ka, magdrive ka etc inaalam mo kahit snipets e. sa pagnegosyo, aalamin mo *** basics ng pagpapatakbo, pagpapasweldo, yung produktong ibebenta etc etc.. same **** here.. you just dont put your body in the hands of someone else.. trainers are just there to guide you, you have to know what you want to do and how you do it para ikaw na.. its expected na ikaw talaga ang gagalaw para gumanda at umayos ang katawan mo..

in all fairness to FI's (mapa sang gym pa yan) they are there to earn, and they are there kasi may qualifications sila. in all cases these gyms are reputable, surely by virtue of business principles di naman nila pababayaang basta basta nalang yang mga PT na nandyan nagkakalat di ba? although I have myself been victimized by a couple of fat *** blowhards.. we cannot discount na nagtrain sila to earn their qualifications, and we should merit them for that.

bottomline, gyms are there and are designed for their specific reasons. Gold's and fitness are designed for something, eclipse foxx etc etc are also designed for something. bottomline, they are there to help us reach our goals. asa satin nalang yun on how we will make these work better for us.

golds na ako sept 1

after FF, i will try golds kasi mura lang. P1,100 lang per month under corporate account TELETECH Roxas...

pero FF member pa rin ako.....

Thumbs down Theft at Gold's Gym Glorietta

Nanakawan ako sa Gold's Glorietta. Nabuksan yung locker ko. I lost my bag containing my phones, wallet, ATM & credit card, and IDs.

Read my incident report here.

I will never go back to Gold's Glorietta.

similar things happen in other gyms. That's why they tell you to bring your own padlock.

green archer - i think your looking for a clubhouse not a gym.

In the end. What's important is your long term fitness goals. Most people never really consider these.

Slimmers is also beside glorietta.

Thumbs down

Still...

How would you think about your 'long-term fitness goals' considering the fact that your home gym has been famous for multiple hits of security negligence and police blotters?

... even when you use your own locker padlock.

sino memeber ng gg through a corporate account..baka pwede makisabit??hehehe

I've been with Fitness First for almost 2 years and just joined Golds last month. Mas ok for para sakin sa Golds lalo na un equipment nila at mas marami (kaya siguro mas maluwang un space sa FF). Parang kulang kasi un sa FF. Tsaka feeling ko (personal opinion) na mas seryoso un mga nagi-gym sa Golds kesa sa FF. Madami kasi mga bading na nakatanghod lagi sa FF.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSonick View Post
    Still...

How would you think about your 'long-term fitness goals' considering the fact that your home gym has been famous for multiple hits of security negligence and police blotters?

... even when you use your own locker padlock.
    My long term fitness goal is different from the safety of my property. I have different goals for my property. if I'm in those gyms and I have a lot of stuff. clothes are fine but more expensive and crucial things come with me. I bring a bag with all the essentials (laptop, cell, camera etc).

the hindrance I have with my property doesn't affect the objectives I have with my training.

In relation to this. People can complain about different things in the gym. (dirty bathrooms, dirty machines, gays). I go to a gym to become fitter. I just have to deal with those other problems separately. If a certain problem does infringe on my fitness goal then that will become a problem. Ex. lousy un-motivating music while doing intensity work outs, people bugging me while I'm having a 30 second rest, lack of equipment. Those are real problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast