Notable Citations as an Actor:
* The Filipino actor with the most number of International awards (Cairo '95, East Asia '97, Brussels '04), and nominations (Berlin '83, Singapore '97, Cairo '99, Singapore '99).
* The first Filipino actor to win an International acting award in a Major Film Festival (Cairo '95 for the movie "The Flor Contemplacion Story"). CAIRO is a member of International Federation of Film Producers Associations just like CANNES & BERLIN. There are only 12 Prestigious Film Festivals that are accredited with this organization.
* The first and only Filipino actor to receive an acting nomination from a Top-Tier International Film Festival (Berlin '83 for the movie "Himala").
* The first Filipino actress to sit as juror in an International Film Festival (Hawaii '96).
* The only Filipino and Asian actress (apart from China's Gong Li) to be featured by HBO, an American cable network, in a documentary film about the lives and achievements of the world's greatest actresses (1997).
* Himala was the first and only Filipino film ever to qualify in the Competition Section of the Berlin International Film Festival (1983).
* The Flor Contemplacion Story became the first Filipino movie to win the grand prize in a Major International Film Festival (Cairo '95).
* The Flor Contemplacion Story grossed US$ 3.3 million in its domestic and international exhibitions, making it one of the highest-grossing films in Philippine history.
* Bona was cited as one of "The Best 100 Films in the World" by the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, USA (1997). * The Filipino actor with the most "Best Performer" awards (5).
* The first Filipino actor ever to win the "Best Performer" award (1978).
* The only actress included in the prestigious "Centennial Honor for the Arts" given by the Cultural Center of the Philippines (1999).
* The first actress to be honored with the "Ten Outstanding Women in the Nation's Service" (TOWNS) award (1983).
* The youngest recipient of the "Lifetime Achievement Award" given by the Film Academy of the Philippines (1993).
* The only actor that won three successive best actress awards on Film Academy of the Philippines for years 1989,1990,1991.
* Chosen by Gawad Urian as Best Actress of the decade for 80's and 90's.
* The only actor that has won seven MMFF best actress awards, thus dubbed as Film Fest Queen.
* The first actresss to be crowned as the " Box Office Queen of Phil. Cinema".
* Considered by people masses and critics and contemporaries as Philippine cinema greatest thespian and major icon of century.
* Named as the Philippine's Best Actress of All Time by S Magazine in 2006.
* A successful STAGE ACTRESS (Minsa'y Isang Gamu-gamo, DH, Trojan Women)
* HIMALA- CNN's Greatest Film Of All time in Asia Pacific. Winner: Viewer's Choice Award
Video of the momentous event:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgz7PdW5dKI
Video of the vindication:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHm0O9cZVw
Video of the opinion regarding the CNN online poll:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXATXgzukGg
video of the interview of CNN to NORA (CNN screening room's year ender report):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4VAVQG_CK4
Notable Citations as a Recording Artist
In 1968, a little brown girl with a golden voice named Nora Aunor was contracted by Alpha Records upon the recommendation of singer Carmen Soriano. This marked the beginning of the Golden Age of Local Recording. Although Nora's first singles were not major hits, she smashed all record sales with her series of hits which included "It's Time to Say Goodbye", "Silently", "Forever Loving You", "It's Not Unusual", and countless others. In her seven years with Alpha Records, she was able to set all-time high record sales which up to this day has not been surpassed.
* At the height of her popularity as a recording artist in the late 1960s and early 1970s, local records soared up to 75% of national sales according to Alpha Records Philippines.
* She is the artist with the most singles in Philippine recording history (with more than 260 singles). Over-all she has recorded more than 500 songs.
* She has notched more than 30 gold singles, a record in the local music industry.
* With estimated sales of one million units, Nora's cover of "Pearly Shells" (1971) is one of the biggest-selling singles in the Philippines ever.
* Nora has also recorded some 46 hit long-playing albums, and several extended plays.
*Winner: AWIT AWARDS best theme song for The Flor Contemplacion Story " Kahit konting Awa" - hear the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtArwEVlNO4
* AWIT AWARDS - Lifetime Achievement Award