PEx Highlights

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Question NBI Agent, anyone?

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask those in the know details about being an agent of the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation).

Visited their website and the requirements are, at least 25y.o., and either a CPA or a lawyer, which makes me 1 year short of qualifying.

Specifically, the things I want to know are:
    1. Monthly salary (estimate)
    2. Any other benefits
    3. Trainings
    4. If I decide to leave the bureau after a few years, what would be the most likely job I'll get given the trainings/experience I had with the NBI?

Replies are much appreciated.

After years, here's the answer.

Monly salary, as of 2010, what I know is around 34k gross that includes the hazard pay. I believe there will be a training in Baguio. First is the Neuro Psych test, before that a medical exam for eyes, hearing, just the basics will be done. Hmm I remember there'll be at least 7 steps. you can visit their website for more details.

I took the first step that was the Neuro Psych which lasted for a week, ended with a panel interview of Psychologists. I passed. But I was underage. They called after a year, I was in an audit firm and did not have the courage to resign from it. Now, I'm reconsidering the agency. Still not sure though.. I don't know if I'm up for the long hours which I gave up on audit. But audit made me so unhappy.. I'm scared because this might be the same case if I go as an NBI agent.

nbi agent? parang secret agent? ganun ba yun??

bakit pala kelangan CPA or lawyer?

Same question (CPA & Lawyer)?

Ang interesting naman nito. I want to try din. Haha

I sent them an email inquiring if they will still consider those who aren't Lawyers/CPAs. Dun lang kasi ako di qualified. The rest of requirements, I'm good.

Buti may nag-up ng thread na to, me and my friend talked about this a year ago. Nakalimutan ko na. Haha.

Hope they respond to my inquiry.

Keep us posted bro! last year nagpasa ako application, kailangan daw talaga CPA or Lawyer. Pero who knows, tumatanggap na ulit sila.. SANA

kailangan CPA or lawyer kasi mag iimbistiga ka. Pero diba inallow na ni cory noon ang non-CPA at non-lawyer although mas mababa ang ranko at sweldo.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeepy View Post
    UP! any update??
    Wala bro. I guess they don't consider those who are not Lawyers/CPAs.

I wonder kung anong ginagawa nila.
    Mala-Sherlock Holmes ba? Hehe

how bout engineers? diba ba pwede un?

^ Ang alam ko pati doctors kinukuha nila para sa medico legal at iba pang medical purpose.

I guess no choice ako but to continue law school, tutal 2nd yr naman na ako, nakakainip lang din kasi.hehe

ako CPA kaso 5'3" lang height ko, pwede kaya ako? hehehe.. saka anu kaya yung type ng exam para makapag ready bago mag take.

up

Any info regarding recruitment this year? Is it done once a year by batch or is it on per individual application basis?

TIA.