PARA KAY B: Ricky Lee's Very First Novel | Books and Literature | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PARA KAY B: Ricky Lee's Very First Novel

"PARA KAY B
    (o kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig
    ang 4 out of 5 sa atin)"

Legendary Filipino scriptwriter RICARDO LEE releases his much-awaited literary work next month. A non-traditionally-framed love story, this first novel is set to be launched on NOVEMBER 30, Sunday, 4 PM, at the University of the Philippines Bahay ng Alumni, Diliman, Quezon City. The director of ceremonies is no less than award-winning director Marilou Diaz-Abaya.

"This is the realization of a lifelong dream for me," Ricky Lee says about the project.

His previous books include the highly successful Trip to Quiapo (scriptwriting "bible"), Si Tatang at mga Himala ng Ating Panahon (anthology of short fiction, essays and a screenplay), and Brutal/Salome (the first-ever "published" film scripts in the Philippines).

Ricky Lee won two first prizes for the short story in Filipino at the Palanca Awards, the first in 1969 (for "H'wag. H'wag Mong Kukuwentuhan ang Batang si Wei-fung") and then in 1970 (for "Servando Magdamag"). He was one of the 100 Centennial Awardees of the CCP and Gawad Balagtas Awardee by the UMPIL.

He is known for having written and co-written some of the greatest Filipino film classics like Jaguar, Cain at Abel, Himala, Moral, Karnal, Macho Dancer, Madrasta, Anak, Nasaan Ka Man, among others. He had been in the creative helm of popular and acclaimed TV series Maalaala Mo Kaya, Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas, Ikaw ang Lahat sa Akin, Vietnam Rose, Lobo, and currently, in the Malaysian co-produced drama Kahit Isang Saglit.

Sir Ricky is best known, however, for his self-financed scriptwriting workshops since the early '80s, mostly held at his home in Quezon City. He also conducted free workshops sponsored by ABS-CBN (of which I belonged to the second batch, hehe) and Star Cinema.

A discounted price will be given to book orders prior to the launch in November. (Bookstore price is approximated at P250). The reservation stub/bookmark will serve as an invite to the book launch. For reservations, you may contact 4264961.

After a long period of conducting scriptwriting workshops, writing popular films, and supervising highly-acclaimed television dramas, award-winning Filipino scriptwriter RICARDO LEE (Jaguar, Himala, Jose Rizal) returns to his literary roots and embarks on a very exciting new oeuvre--his first-ever novel!

The novel is titled "Para Kay B (O kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin)." Following the highly successful scriptwriting manual Trip to Quiapo, this new work is Ricky Lee's first major publication in ten years. The book-launching will be held on November 30, Sunday, 4 pm, at the Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman, Quezon City .

For details on how to avail of advance copies of the book, please contact 4264961.

See all of you at the book launch on November 30, Sunday, at UP Diliman Bahay ng Alumni.

After a long period of conducting scriptwriting workshops, writing popular films, and supervising highly-acclaimed television dramas, award-winning Filipino scriptwriter RICARDO LEE (Jaguar, Himala, Jose Rizal) returns to his literary roots and embarks on a very exciting new oeuvre--his first-ever novel!

The novel is titled "Para Kay B (O kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin)." Following the highly successful scriptwriting manual Trip to Quiapo, this new work is Ricky Lee's first major publication in ten years. The book-launching will be held on November 30, Sunday, 4 pm, at the Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman, Quezon City .

For details on how to avail of advance copies of the book, please contact 09086774985.

Ricky Lee's "Para kay B (o kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin)"

P190.00 ONLY!

Order now and let the book be your ticket to the grand launch happening on November 30, 4:00 PM at the UP Bahay ng Alumni!

For reservations and inquiries, please contact 09086774985.

there will be a book signing in National Book Store - Megamall on February 8, 3PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkastik_ako View Post
    there will be a book signing in National Book Store - Megamall on February 8, 3PM.
    uhmm, confirmed poh ito?
    gusto kong pumunta

^yes, that's confirmed. i saw the posters in National Bookstore e

this book was given to me by a relative.. as a late christmas present..

i liked it.. though this book may not be appreciated by everybody.. bottom-line.. love is overrated.. it may be equated with happiness but it's not the most important thing.. it's trying to live everyday.. and accepting life as it is..

haha... i love this book.
    nakakatawa

totoo nga yung sabi ni boy abunda sa mga characters

''totally insane just like you me and love''

gusto ko yung character ni Irene.

Gusto ko yung story ni Irene and Jordan. Kilig!

I'm reading it now. Nagulat ako sa last chapter. I wasn't expecting it so it was a good surprise dahil otherwise parang bitin ang libro. It has post-modern and magic realist elements although sometimes parang naiinis ako because it seemed the writer was breaking the rules to facilitate the story telling, sort of an an easy way out . I didn't like how each character only had one chapter parang bitin ang stories nila. Yung story ni Jordan/Irene was good especially pero too short.

Will write a proper review when I've read the whole book. So far I am enjoying it.

Got this book as a birthday present from a friend. I like the way it was written, straight-forward at hindi melodramatic kahit complicated ang mga love stories na featured sa libro. It's a feel-good book which you can finish in one sitting. Nakakatawa yung character ni Erica na naghahanap ng camera tuwing iiyak sya.

I hope Ricky Lee's second novel comes out soon...

I love this book. Very Metafictional... So postmodern...

i was able to read this in one sitting,

When i read it napansin ko kaagad yung kakaibang paraan niya ng pagsulat. parang unconventional yung way niya
    Narealize ko na lang habang binabasa ko yung libro, na baka related yun sa story. yung mga love story kasi na kwinento dun ay yung hindi tipong tipikal na nababasa at napapanood mong kwento ng pagibig.

Talking About-rICKY lEE's Para Kay B..

Hayy!.I dont know how to start na magkwento..Everyday akong dumadaan sa SM Megamall-Sa National Bookstore bgo pumasok ng work.para magbasa ng libre..hehe.looking for new books,esp yung kay Bob Ong and dun sa Ibang Fil.writers and directors ntin hir in Pinas..June 29 12:30pm..katabi ng mga books ni Bob Ong may nakita akong bago..Napaisip ako sa title..-Para kay B.?-Ang alin?,Ang ano?Bakit?.Like da other books syempre u will knoe da answer pag nabasa mo.Kinuha ko,tinignan ang write.Wow-si Ricky Lee-..Naupo ako sa gilid at binasa-nag enjoy ako-kaya lang malapit na akong mag time-malayo pa la2karin ko pa2sok ng work.natapos ko ang Chapter ni Irene,natuwa ako parang nabitin..July 1 wala akong pasok-12:00pm kinuha ko ulit ang libro at pinagpatuloy kaya lang ng malapit ko ng matapos nakita ako ng bantay na nakaupo-pinatayo ako,nahirapan ako na nakatayo at kailangan ko ng umalis.Masaya ang ibang chapter,kaya lang di ko pa alam ang ending wala kasi akong pambili pa ng libro,pero babalik ako para tapusin yon-The best kasi Eh..Hehe-Sana may magbigay skin ng free-cherokee

had this in 3 sittings...nakita ko kasi to sa powerbooks and i tried reading the 1st chapter...nung first ko yun nakita di ako nagkainteres kasi nga love story, di ako mahilig sa ganun...but then when i tried reading the first chapter, i can't get it out of my mind...binitin ko sarili ko by reading the 1st chapter only kasi bibilhin ko to, but grabe, yun na palagi nasa mind ko..and i can't buy it yet kasi ala pa ako pera...ayun, binalikan ko tapos tinapos ko siyang basahin...hehehe...pero bibilhin ko yun...promise...ang ganda eh...nagpadagdag sa ganda nun novel yung pagiging unconventional ng pagkakasulat...

SIMPLY THE BEST!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last