PEx Highlights

TRAVEL: Ilocos: Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud

PExer mikedph shares everything you need to know about an Ilocos trip that includes photos around Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud.

read more

FEATURE: Philippine Cup Semis Preview

It's the Aces against the E-Painters and SMB versus TNT. Read on as JPM previews and predicts the outcome of the Fil Cup semis.

read more

REVIEW: This is Where I Leave You

Family dramedy This Is Where I Leave You graces the screens this week. Is this movie worth checking out? Find out here!

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Takes Game 1 vs RoS

The Aces mustered a furious 2nd half turnaround to take Game 1 of the semifinals against the Elasto Painters, 87-80.

read more

FEATURE: On Former Teammates and Rivals

PEx's guest contributor Michele Gumabao talks about her ex-teammates and ex-rivals in the UAAP and the pros.

read more

Page 1 of 35 1 2 11 ... LastLast

All about Clark/Diosdado Macapagal International Airport

Pansin ko lang na walang thread tungkol sa DMIA/Clark Airport. I actually prefer this airport over NAIA 1, 2, or kahit yung NAIA 3 pa. less congested and checking in is a breeze. at ang ganda ng location: nasa backdrop nya yung Mt. Arayat.

This thread will focus on issues and concerns regarding first-time users of my fave airport here in the Philippines: the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport.

If you will be taking your flight via Tiger Airways, AirAsia, Asiana, or SeAir or any other flight, or if you have any concerns about DMIA, just post it here. Allow me to post pictures for starters.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/1CIMG1170.jpg
    ^^eto ang facade ng DMIA na makikita mo pagbaba mo ng Philtranco bus from Manila.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/1CIMG1173-1.jpg
    ^^dito ka maghihintay kung maaga ka pa sa flight mo. note that security guards at DMIA will only let you inside the terminal exactly 2 hours before your ETD. kaya kung gusto mong kumain at mag-intay, dito ka pupunta sa arrival.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/1CIMG1175.jpg
    ^^ang kaisa-isang ATM sa DMIA. dito ka magwithdraw pag kulang ka sa cash

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/1CIMG1177.jpg
    ^^2 hours before your ETD, tatawagin na nila sa intercom nila na pwede na kayo pumasok to check in at ito ang bubungad sa inyo.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/1CIMG1176.jpg
    ^^dito ka magbabayad ng ubod ng mahal at magtataka ka kung san napupunta yung travel tax na Php 1620 tuwing mag-aabroad ka.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/1CIMG1178.jpg
    ^^dito ka naman papasok after paying your terminal fee: the queue towards immigration but before that, meron pang isang control gate ka na dadaanan: check muna nung guards nila kung bayad ka na ng travel tax tapos tsaka ka nila papayagang pumila at magbayad ng terminal fee. tapos nun, makikita mo na ang pinaka-kakaibang immigration control sa likod ng terminal fee counter. kakaiba dahil sa walang mahabang pila dito kumpara sa NAIA 1, 2 at 3.

dagdag ko lang, since not a lot of people use clark, parking is not a problem. the parking lot offers park and fly services at P 70.00 a day (two years ago). although i did not avail of such service- i didn't know this was available and had to tell the driver to bring and fetch us- upon inquiry, the guard on duty informed me that there was a cordoned-off section for overnight parking and assured that the parking lot is guarded 24/7.

what you think guys payag ba kayo na maging major airport toh ng pinas? anyway ganun nmn ang trend ngayon diba *** malayo ang airport sa city.

Okay lang sa akin na maging major airport ang DMIA. Sana lang magkaroon ng airport express from Manila to Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelBug View Post
    Okay lang sa akin na maging major airport ang DMIA. Sana lang magkaroon ng airport express from Manila to Clark.
    oo nga noh, my question *** me sa mga kapitbahay po ntn sa SEA gannao po kalayu airport nila and ilang minutes sa city?

"what you think guys payag ba kayo na maging major airport toh ng pinas? anyway ganun nmn ang trend ngayon diba *** malayo ang airport sa city."

hindi naman ganun kalayo. nasa duluhan na sya ng North Expressway eh.

also usually, there's a modern train service available.

OKay na sana yung DMIA kaya lang sana magawaan ng solution yung layo niya sa kalakhang Maynila. Okay na siguro kung gagawaan ito ng train system.

Tama si Beerandhop na hindi yung ganoon kalayo. hehe

nakita ko yung plan nito sa Wiki, ion fairness, maganda yung terminal na gagawin a.

Ang Soloistang Flashpakista

Wink

payag ako... alam nyo kung bakit? eto basahin nyo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/Clark_airportdevelopment_masterplan.jpg

Future plans

This article or section contains information about a planned or expected expansion of an existing airport.
    It may contain information of a speculative nature and the content may change dramatically as the construction and/or completion of the airport expansion approaches, and as more information becomes available on it.

The master plan to develop DMIA, scheduled for completion by 2010After ten years since the conception of the Clark International Airport Corporation and after conducting various master development plans for the airport in Clark, the CIAC Board finally approved a Master Plan for the development of the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport. The plans are to expand and modernize the existing passenger terminal and turn it into a terminal for low cost airlines and soon to be the country's premier international gateway, making it Manila's Low Cost Airline Terminal and the fourth such terminal in Asia, after Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Kota Kinabalu International Airport and Singapore Changi Airport. There are also low cost terminals planned for Suvarnabhumi Airport and Penang Airport.

There are also ambitious plans to construct a passenger terminal much bigger and more technologically advanced than Hong Kong International Airport's passenger terminal and Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport's passenger terminal and the same size as Beijing Capital Airport Terminal 3. The airport project is similar to Hong Kong's Airport Core Programme.

Premier Gateway Plan

The project includes and features:

• Demolition of most airport structures except the existing passenger terminal.

• Apron of the existing passenger terminal, and the two runways expansion and modernisation of the existing passenger terminal and its conversion into a Low Cost Airline Terminal.

• The extension of the eastern runway to 4000 meters.

• Construction of a y-shaped main passenger terminal building with 126 jetways (19 which are A380 ready) and a x-shaped satellite concourse with 79 jetways (12 which are A380 ready) and a new control tower in the midfield.

• Construction of new taxiways and aprons.

• Construction of four new runways

• Construction of a new cargo terminal complex

• Construction of an airport plaza which will house the wellwishers facility

• Construction of Management offices, business center and airport hotel and will also have a retail area

• Construction of a Ground Transportation Center (GTC) below the airport plaza which will house an Airport Railway station, the airport bus station, the taxi station and the car rentals

• Construction of a People Mover Automatic People Mover (APM) connecting the airport plaza and the GTC with the main passenger terminal and the satellite terminal

• Construction of a new railway with 2 separate lines, one for the Airport Railway and another for the NorthRail commuter and high speed rail line serving Manila and the northern provinces of Luzon

• Construction of 2 interchanges from the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway which will connect to the existing North Luzon Expressway.

Additional features:

• Three parallel runways capable of NASA space shuttle landings (one of only three in world).

• Facility can accommodate the A380 once completed.

• Will be one of the largest airports in the world.

When completed, it will have:

• 145 Frontal Rontal Gates and

• 134 Remote Gates

• 4 Runways

• Once completed it can accommodate 110 million passengers annually, becoming one of the largest and most technologically advanced airports in the world

On February 5, 2007, Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo ordered the Clark International Airport Corp. to hasten the P56.5-billion or $1.7-billion development of the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport and the approval of $2-million study plan financed by the Korean International Cooperation Agency. In January 2008, the first stage of DMIA's expansion program, the P130-million Terminal Expansion, was completed to accommodate at least 2 million passengers annually.

The second phase of the airport expansion project, dubbed Premier Gateway Terminal as part of its ambition to replace NAIA as the Premier Gateway to the Philippines, will start on April 2008 and is scheduled to become operational in 2009, to include retrofitting to better accommodate wide-bodied aircraft like Boeing 747-8 & Airbus A380.

Awards
    • The Center for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) chose Diosdado Macapagal International Airport as Low-Cost Airport of the Year 200

• The 2008 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Aerospace and Defense Awards chose Diosdado Macapagal International Airport as Airport of the Year (for airports under 15 million passengers category)

Airlines

Airlines operating in Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (as of September 2008)

Airlines Destinations

• AirAsia (Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur )

• Asiana Airlines (Seoul-Incheon)

• Cebu Pacific (Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi [begins November 8], Cebu, Hong Kong [begins November 8], Macau [begins November 9], Singapore [begins November 8])

• Kang Pacific Airlines (operated by TransGlobal Airways) (Fujairah)

• South East Asian Airlines (Cebu, Malay)

• Spirit of Manila (Macau) [begins October 27]

• Tiger Airways (Macau, Singapore)

• Zest Airways (Malay, Seoul-Incheon)

DON'T worry guyz, may train system ang future premier airport natin to/from Manila ---> AIRPORT RAIL LINK

-boy_turista-

9. Advertisement

coming soon guys!!! WEST JET will operate also next year sa DMIA, Manila-Vancouver route!!!! 3 times a week!!! Much lower ang airfare cost than other major airlines.!!! Maganda rin ang mga planes nila!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kanski View Post
    dagdag ko lang, since not a lot of people use clark, parking is not a problem. the parking lot offers park and fly services at P 70.00 a day (two years ago). although i did not avail of such service- i didn't know this was available and had to tell the driver to bring and fetch us- upon inquiry, the guard on duty informed me that there was a cordoned-off section for overnight parking and assured that the parking lot is guarded 24/7.
    nasubukan ko na yung park and fly nila... just bring a photocopy of your car registration.... ok lang except meron pa palang additional charge pag labas ng kotse other than the daily parking rate

pakipost nto na rin ang transpo, sked, terminal & route from clark to manila & back... lubuslubosin nyo na

this is what i need...

thanks rap for this thread... mabuhay ka!!!

zero not o
    please post airport taxi rates if you happen to know thanks.

coming soon guys!!! WEST JET will operate also next year sa DMIA, Manila-Vancouver route!!!! 3 times a week!!! Much lower ang airfare cost than other major airlines.!!! Maganda rin ang mga planes nila!!!
    wow totoo ba ito? tsk tsk ayus to pag nagkataon since laging naka-CX kami pag pumupunta ng Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by jenifer_semilla View Post
    nasubukan ko na yung park and fly nila... just bring a photocopy of your car registration.... ok lang except meron pa palang additional charge pag labas ng kotse other than the daily parking rate
    meron pang additional na bayad ? how much? kasi last april08 ang charge nila per day is around php100 lang na you have to pay agad for the total amount.

the park and fly used to be free, as in alang babayaran. you just have to leave a xerox copy of your car registration to the guard and you also bring your own xerox copy when claiming your car.nagiging gastos lang namin nun eh tips...pag-iwan give kami para pang-meryenda at pag iclaim give ulit

pero mura pa din naman itong sa dmia kesa sa may naia parknfly na almost php300/day ang rate

additional info re. dmia

"mababait" ang mga IOs dito as in makikipagkwentuhan pa sila sa'yo.tsaka matatandain kahit yung mga security guards nila sa entrance.yung bunsong "inakay" ko nga,naging friend na nya yung katukayo nya dun.

mahigpit lang sila ng konti sa mga "first time travellers", madalas nilang hinihingan ng supporting papers /show money as proof na "legit tourist" sila.

tsaka be sure nga pala na 6months pa ang validity ng passports nyo mahigpit nilang ini-implement ito....unlike sa naia 1 na depende pa din sa say ng airlines, sa dmia siguradong hindi ka pasasakayin ng plane mo....pati na kung medyo naka-angat yung pic sa passport.

madaming mga ofws ang gumagamit ng dmia.

if you have your own car nga pala at medyo napa-aga ang dating nyo, merong mcdo at jollibee, dun sa may puregold duty free. kung gusto nyo naman ng heavy breakfast pwede kayong diretso sa clubhouse ng fontana leisure park...masarap yung breakfast buffet nila

para sa mga nagtatanong sa airport taxi rates at bus schedules to clark, see this post:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/clark.jpg

Sana hindi na uso ang mga scam scam na yan when this airport opens or when full construction pushes through.... hayyyyyy.... the plans are beautiful, but with this government and administration.... hayyyyyy... no comment nalang!

Ganda ng plan and layout! And once the railway is constructed, it would be so much easier! Our airports in Manila are too congested! With each airline upgrading and adding jets, there will come a time na di na kaya ng RPLL.

zero not o
    hi rap, pic ba yun ng rates? naka-x eh...

Quote Originally Posted by rap_sd6 View Post
    para sa mga nagtatanong sa airport taxi rates at bus schedules to clark, see this post:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rap_sd6/clark.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by f0rk View Post
    hi rap, pic ba yun ng rates? naka-x eh...
    sa akin naman pic/image ang lumabas...sa'yo ba ayaw? readable naman ...yung rates nila medyo pricey...biro mo taxi from dmia to salakot entrance gate of clark / duty free shops eh php215 na. kahit subukan mong kunin yung hindi coupon taxi...yung nagbaba lang ng pasahero mahal pa din...dati kasi nagpahatid lang ako sa labas ng mismong dmia gate kasi mainit...siningil ako ng php150. ito lang masasabi kong harang talaga sa dmia.

zero not o
    i have only tried the "taxi service" from Dau terminal (aalukin kayo ng guard ng Jollibee pag nakitang may dala-dala kayong luggage) to DMIA- P350. I was told that if you rent a PUJ to take you from Clark main gate to DMIA, it's P200. Yes I think their prices are very unreasonable... DMIA to Clark main gate is just a 5-minutes drive!

Page 1 of 35 1 2 11 ... LastLast