PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: TNT Boots Ginebra From Playoffs

Jayson Castro tallied 23 points and 5 assists to power TNT past Ginebra, 83-67. Check out our complete gallery here!

read more

REVIEW: This is Where I Leave You

Family dramedy This Is Where I Leave You graces the screens this week. Is this movie worth checking out? Find out here!

read more

FEATURE: Philippine Cup Semis Preview

It's the Aces against the E-Painters and SMB versus TNT. Read on as JPM previews and predicts the outcome of the Fil Cup semis.

read more

TRAVEL: Ilocos: Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud

PExer mikedph shares everything you need to know about an Ilocos trip that includes photos around Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud.

read more

FEATURE: On Former Teammates and Rivals

PEx's guest contributor Michele Gumabao talks about her ex-teammates and ex-rivals in the UAAP and the pros.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Instagram!

We're on Instagram too! Follow @pinoyexchange for lifestyle updates, movie updates and more.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's the fastest way to Baguio?

Can you give me the fastest way to Baguio and how many hours will you reach the place?

safe ba ngayon magtravel doon?

Paano ako magtatravel doon sa bagong Subic Tarlac Express? Bukas na ba iyon and mabilis at madali lang ba syang makita if you're going to use the NLEX? I'm assuming they're interconnected with each other?

The way via SCTEx is certainly faster.

After the Sta. Ines Tollgate of the NLEX, there's a ramp going to the SCTEx (whether going to Subic or Tarlac). Go up there and get your toll card.

Then there's a right turn going to Tarlac...

AAP also gave me an alternative route to Baguio... complete with pictures, signage and kilometer readings. It is quite complex though.

yah naka pag sctex ako a few weeks back.. very nice. kaso view... wala eh.. parang yung highway papuntang Vegas... puros desert lang..

cept here it's barren and neglected greenlands
    sana naman may trees just like the Pacific Northwest.

ang feeling mo talaga is kinda like going interstates... yung mga section inbetween states and cities/ towns where it really is no man's land.

Dati, a little over P1T lang ang gas ko back and forth na. Ngayon seguro mga P3T na kasama yung toll fee.

Yup, fastest route is via SCTEX then take the AAP surveyed back-roads through Tarlac and Pangasinan (during the day time lang to be safe). There's a PDF file on this complete with markers but i can't remember where.

If there's no traffic (meaning you leave very early in the AM) then the old McArthur Highway route is still fast IMO (you can do the trip in less than three hours with no bathroom stops). My verifying point before when i would take McArthur highway is that if you can get through Tarlac in an hour or less then you're dong good time (which is pretty hard to do with the traffic and slow obstacles/trikes now).

just a warning, some roads in tarlac city highway today have massive repairs (near the dam area and teh city area)
    Too bad you will still encounter this when even using the SCTEX

Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Can you give me the fastest way to Baguio and how many hours will you reach the place?

safe ba ngayon magtravel doon?
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Paano ako magtatravel doon sa bagong Subic Tarlac Express? Bukas na ba iyon and mabilis at madali lang ba syang makita if you're going to use the NLEX? I'm assuming they're interconnected with each other?
    yes its safe... i've tried the SCTEX a few weeks back...ganda! wala pa nga masyadong view...so kahit 170kph, parang ang bagal ko pa rin hehehehe

interconnected sila pero seperate bayad ng toll for NLEX and SCTEX

madaming signs sa NLEX to lead you to SCTEX

anyways, to answer the question...

fastest route na alam ko is
    1. take NLEX
    2. exit at SCTEX headed towards Tarlac, Tarlac
    3. when you exit at Tarlac, Tarlac, make a left
    4. on the intersection, make a right on Maharlika Highway/ National Higway (there is an alternative to going straight all the way to the intersection of the national highway and that tarlac road, kaso kung di ka sanay travelling up north and with the area, baka mawala ka lang...that intersection kasi is busy and minsan traffic can be heavy)
    5. then straight all the way,then its your call na whether to take Marcos, Kennon or Naguillian... i would prefer Kennon

travel time, assuming di ka naman speed demon , reasonable na siguro yung 6-7 hours from manila

fastest way to Baguio is via NLEX -> SCTEX -> Mac arthur -> Kennon leaving Balintawak Toll Plaza between 12AM to 3AM.

Note: exit SCTEX at macarthur highway near the Pampanga/Tarlac boundary. Sorry, i forgot the exit's name.

50 minutes!

Flight: Asian Spirit 6K 760
    To: BAG
    Depart Time: 10/14 9:30 AM
    Arrive Time: 10/14 10:20 AM
    Elapsed: 00:50
    Stops
    Via
    Distance: 131 miles

^ sya nga naman ahehe

Hehe... But if you live in Q.C. and get stuck in traffic + waiting time at the airport then you add another 3-4 hours to the 50mins.

Quote Originally Posted by slamm View Post
    Yup, fastest route is via SCTEX then take the AAP surveyed back-roads through Tarlac and Pangasinan (during the day time lang to be safe).
    i agree. mabilis at konti sasakyan
    but if you're coming from manila, considering the travel time from manila to pangasinan, about 4hrs kaya matagal rin..

maayos na ba kennon ngayon?

i would have imagined mas mabilis sa marcos kasi mas maganda kalsada and mas gradual ang inclination.

Quote Originally Posted by palace View Post
    maayos na ba kennon ngayon?

i would have imagined mas mabilis sa marcos kasi mas maganda kalsada and mas gradual ang inclination.
    Not sure now after the rainy season but when i went up last Holy Week it was quite good.

Kennon is also my favorite road as its faster and the curves are better engineered so you can take the corners well without upsetting the balance of the car. Some curb gradients on Marcos are baffling.

i'm a frequent traveller to Subic so i usually take the SCTEx. laki ng nasi-save sa travel time. and it will satisfy your need for speed.

hay naku magbus ka na lang through Victory Liner. take the 11pm or midnight trip from pasay or Cubao. In 4 1/2-5 hrs, nandito ka na sa baguio... i always take these trips pag bumababa ko or umaakyat ako.

take the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by slamm View Post
    Hehe... But if you live in Q.C. and get stuck in traffic + waiting time at the airport then you add another 3-4 hours to the 50mins.
    True. The waiting time at the airport is two times longer than the actual trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeipee View Post
    hay naku magbus ka na lang through Victory Liner. take the 11pm or midnight trip from pasay or Cubao. In 4 1/2-5 hrs, nandito ka na sa baguio... i always take these trips pag bumababa ko or umaakyat ako.
    Ditto on this. This for me is the best option for those who don't want to drive. Take the special coach trip of V-Liner... when you get to Baguio there are a lot of taxis that can take you around at a good rate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast