But for some people, they need one for:
- shopping online,
- saving points for drugstore purchases,
- not wanting to queue on a rush hour at mrt stations,
- having to purchase something from establishments that don't accept BancNet, ExpressNet and MegaLink cards
- not having to maintain a certain amount (because not everybody has a payroll account that doesn't require any maintaining balance or just P100 for some)
- card collecting (yes, I'm a living proof)
And if you are not fond of the above things, then you certainly don't need to get yourself a debit/cash/prepaid/reloadable card.