PEx Highlights

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

REVIEW: Fury

Brad Pitt, alongside Shia Labeouf and Logan Lerman, hates Nazis once more, save the scalps.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Places to eat in Pampanga

My wife and I go to Pampanga quite a bit to visit her family. Boy, do the Cabalen ever know how to cook pork! Some places in San Fernando and Angeles that we recommend to our friends are:

Everybody's Cafe -- the quintessential authentic, exotic Kapampangan restaurant with everything from morcon, pancit luglug, carabao tocino, hito with buro, deep fried stuffed frog, duck adobo and, my favourite, camaru(in season) and lots more.

Fisherman's Grill and Hollidayland -- also Pampanga cuisine, but not as exotic as Everybody's Cafe.

Jun Jun's -- my favourite "diner", especially for fried chicken, bbq and sisig.

Nathaniels -- Kapampangan style Chinese food. Great take out section - especially the buko salad and siomai (remember its not authenic Binondo style Chinese food, so keep an open mind). Be there early, they close by six.

Suzies -- desserts, especially tibok tibok, bibinki and other kakanin, as well as pancit palabok.

Razon's -- the original in Guagua. Tastes a little different than what we have here in Manila. Great halo halo and pancit palabok.

Aling Lucing's -- the original sisig place. Haven't been back since Aling Lucing was murdered last year. May her soul rest in peace. But, this place has by far the best sisig I have ever had. It's mostly made of grilled panga ng baboy, with lots of onions and spices served with spiced vinegar. It's not like the sisig you'll get in Manila with the egg on top and chicharon, and unlike the mushy kind you get at Aysee's, you can definately make out the chopped pork jowls.

If you're not in the mood for Kapampangan food, there are a few other places we can recommend:

A La Creme -- excellent pastas, pastries and entrees. Though, I was somewhat surprized by the Makati prices in San Fernando.

The Party Place -- only had their hamburger. It was good.

Viva Zapata -- located along the perimeter road at Clarke. Authenic Mexican cuisine. Supposedly the best margarita in the PHilippines. Great fajillas, chimichanga, burritos, etcs. The black bean soup was a little too authentic for me.

I heard about a couple of excellent pizza places in Angeles, but haven't tried them yet. Anyone familiar with them?

Small House is good. Cheap food, American sized servings. I recommend trying the Chili dog and their fish and chips platter. Numnums!

Sub-Delicious is also a nice place to eat (if you're looking for American-sized servings). The pizza there is excellent, though it's a little pricey.

AjaAjaFighting!
    Aside from those listed by the threadstarter...

Panciteria San Jacinto - located somewhere in between San Fernando and Angeles Cities. Iba ang lasa ng pagkain dito compared sa mga branches sa Manila. Sarap ng soyed cold cuts (halo) nila.

Fortune Seafood House - may branches na rin sa ibang lugar, pero yung orig na branch sa Angeles City ang pinakamasarap. A bit pricey, though.

That row of sisig stalls in Mabalacat - kahit saan dun, panalo ang sisig.

McJolly's lechon manok - stall located near the main gate of Clark SPEZ. Madalas dito pag masyadong late ka na nagpunta wala ka nang aabutan. Grabe ang sarap ng lechon manok dito.

Yung Party Place/Party Land may eat-all-you-can buffet sila dati, ewan ko lang kung meron pa rin ngayon. Paborito naming balik-balikan doon yung burong kanin. I know it's an acquired taste at lalong hindi appetizing yung Kapampangan version kasi wala syang kulay, pero trust me, masarap sya.

Me and my GF eat at Sylvia's. Sa San Fernando ito. Ang mura ng food dun. Their chicaron bulaklak is the best. Super mura pa ng mga tinda. Na-miss ko tuloy.

RUMPA in balibago is a must try place to eat. big servings yet affordable.

try their spare ribs

try niyo din:
    Bretto's deli (sarap mga sandwiches, lalaki pa)
    Cottage Kitchen (ribs!)
    Cely's

Pampanga talaga da best sa food trip.

haven't tried but hopefully soon:
    C' Italian resto (okay daw yung panizza)
    Coney Island Joes
    Siam Thai