PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: FEU Outmuscles La Salle, Claim #2 Seed

The FEU Tamaraws secured the #2 seed in the Final Four after beating the DLSU Green Archers, 65-60.

read more

Show Me Your Naked Teeths!

In this week's episode of Show Me Your Teeths, the girls talk about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but The Naked Truth!

read more

FEATURE: Gilas Going for Gold in Asian Games

For the next two weeks, Gilas Pilipinas will once more be in the spotlight in search for our first basketball gold medal in the Asian Games since 1962.

read more

UAAP Final Four Preview: Ateneo vs NU

Katipunan contra Sampaloc, number one versus number four, Blue Eagles against the Bulldogs. Who ya got? Check our Final Four preview between Ateneo and NU!

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

UP StatSoc Goes Infinite!

Come and join UP StatSoc in celebrating their 33rd Anniversary on September 22 to 27!

read more

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast
    Hey A/R, it's good that the way your posts appear looks similar to mine--the way we highlight those significant words and, especially, observing and using the correct punctuation marks and grammar.

I don't expect us to be perfect but, at least, we're confident that we know what we are doing and I believe we are doing them right.

In our succeeding posts, I suggest that we (and other posters, too) should keep on using those formatting features (boldfacing, italicizing, underlining, or capitalizing a word/s) for emphasis on significant or important words, phrases, or sentences. As well, we should explain, expound, or give detailed info/s if there is a need to. If we can do all these, I'm sure all our posts would be CLEAR and easy to understand...

JONAVIE QUIRAY OF PUERTO PRINCESA CITY IS 2008 MUTYA NG PILIPINAS-INTERNATIONAL WINNER!

By Ruth T. Rodriguez

Puerto Princesa City marked another historical milestone on December 7, 2008 when its beauteous candidate, Jonavie Quiray, 21 years old, won the crown for the coveted Mutya ng Pilipinas-International 2008, besting 22 other candidates.

The moment Quiray was announced as winner of the Mutya loud cheers and shouts of approval broke out in the 8,000-capacity coliseum where the search was held for the first time in Puerto Princesa, “the City in a Forest,” in the province of Palawan in the Philippines.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/3096699283_cab4d5f59c.jpg
    THE MUTYA NG PILIPINAS 2008 WINNERS:
    Jonavie Quiray, Mutya ng Pilipinas-International (3rd from left); Jam Libotog, Mutya ng Pilipinas-Tourism Puerto Princesa (4th from left); Loren Burgos, Mutya ng Pilipinas-Overseas Communities (2nd from left); Queency Bernales, First Runner-Up (left); and Katrina Rigets, 2nd Runner-Up (right).

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/99058b745dn7.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/3064988318_c60eb0913a.jpg
    The reigning queen and goddess, Mutya ng Pilipinas-International 2008 Jonavie Quiray

Ms. Quiray said she is proud of winning the national beauty pageant as it only means that women in Puerto Princesa are not only good-looking but also intelligent. She is particularly proud to be the first ever Palaweña to win the Mutya ng Pilipinas title.

I am now very ready to fulfill my functions as Mutya ng Pilipinas,” the senior architectural student of Palawan State University (PSU) said, adding she will include in her goodwill activities the promotion of the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park (PPSRNP) and the whole city.

Among Quiray’s prizes is P200,000 cash from the sponsors of the pageant. She will represent the Philippines in an international pageant.

Jam Libotog, a candidate from Cebu, was held winner of the Mutya ng Pilipinas-Tourism Puerto Princesa title and also received the same cash prize, while Loren Andre Burgos from Southern California won US$2,000 for winning the crown as Mutya ng Pilipinas-Overseas Communities.

The Second Runner-Up was Katrina Rigets of Quezon City, a niece of popular ramp model Patie Betita and 2004 Miss Quezon City; and the First Runner-Up was Queency Bernales of Southern Leyte, who is now based in Cebu as a professional model.

Puerto Princesa Mayor Edward Hagedorn was happy with Quiray’s feat for Puerto Princesa. “We thank everyone who supported the holding of the Mutya ng Pilipinas here in the city and we are proud that this year, it will be represented by a pretty, young and intelligent woman from Puerto Princesa. Let us hope and pray that wherever this pageant takes her, she could bring us more honor and glory, as well as to our country,” he said.

Hagedorn, with his wife and the city's First Lady, Ellen, was among the more than 8,000 residents of Puerto Princesa who watched the pageant.

The people of Puerto Princesa are very gracious hosts. Instead of laughing at the candidates when they made mistakes, they cheered them and joined them in singing. That only shows that we are a very hospitable and kind people,” he added.

The 2008 Mutya ng Pilipinas winners will represent the country in international beauty pageants, such as the Miss Asia Pacific-International, Miss Tourism International, Tourism Queen of the Year and Miss Intercontinental.

The pageant was hosted by Jon Avila and Bobby Yan, and former Mutya ng Pilipinas Tintin Caballero. The candidates, on the other hand, were serenaded by Vann Roxas of Pinoy Dream Academy and Erik Santos.

(The Palawan Times Newspaper / December 15, 2008 Issue)

Exclamation Miss Turismo Filipina Launched

PRECIOUS LARA QUIGAMAN Launched a New National Beauty Contest named TURISMO PILIPINA.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/beautyqueen.jpg

Miss International 2005 Precious Lara Quigaman (center) and her two beauty queen friends Binibining Pilipinas-Universe 2002 Karen Loren Agustin-Ostrea (right) and Bininibing Pilipinas-International 2006 Denille Lou Valmonte (left) joined their forces to fulfill a common dream and that is to create a new type of beauty contest that is bigger in scope—candidates will represent a province or a Metro Manila city.

And that dream is now a reality as the three Binibining Pilipinas queens have created the Turismo Pilipina Charities Inc., a non-stock, non-profit organization that will spearhead the creation of Turismo Pilipina Search.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/turismo-pilipina-08.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/turismo08lau9.jpg
    The 3 beauty queen organizers (from left) 2006 Bb. Pilipinas-International, Denille Lou Valmonte; 2005 Miss International, Precious Lara Quigaman; and 2002 Bb. Pilipinas-Universe, Karen Loren Agustin-Ostrea during the launching of the very first Turismo Pilipina Beauty Pageant held at Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City, Metro Manila.

Turismo Pilipina is a nationwide search for the Filipina beauty who will be the official spokesperson for the Department of Tourism. The search for the Turismo Pilipina 2008 is open to natural-born Filipinas who are eager to contribute to the tourism promotions of the Philippines.

The contest requires all beauty aspirants of the following: looks, height, beauty, brains, talent—and knowledge of the province she will represent.

If ever, this will be the biggest female beauty contest in terms of scope and number of contestants. According to Karen during the presscon held at the TriNoma mall last August 14, there are 82 provinces in the Philippines plus 18 Metro Manila cities, so they are expecting at least 80 to 90 contestants for the first year. They also talked to the Governors League of the Phillipines and they agreed to send their participants in the contest.

The coronation night is scheduled on October 10 at the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Theater. The winner will get to win PHP250,000 cash prize, management contract, hordes of sponsor prizes, and the crown and title sash which the three beauty queens personally designed. The winner/queen will be the Ambassador of Tourism in the Philippines since the contest is in partnership with the Department of Tourism.

Exclamation Miss Turismo Filipina -- The First Staging!

NORTHERN SAMAR BEAUTY CROWNED WITH THE FIRST EVER TURISMO PILIPINA (2008) TITLE!

Sherylee Sustiguer, a 5'′7″ beauty from Northern Samar province won the first ever Turismo Pilipina 2008 title in a beauty contest that was participated in by more than 50 candidates from all over the Philippines. The 3-hour pageant hosted by Mirriam Quiambao and Hans Montenegro was held on October 10, 2008 at the AFP Theater in Quezon City, Metro Manila.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/northern-samar.jpg
    Photo shows Turismo Pilipina 2008 Sherylee wearing a traditional costume representing the culture of her Northern Samar province.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/turismo-pilipina-08.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/IMG_2629.jpg
    Miss Earth 2008 Karla Paula Henry crowns the first queen, Sherylee Sustiguer, the first winner and holder of the new Turismo Pilipina 2008 title, at the 2008 Turismo Pilipina Search.

The two goddesses are ambassadors, too...
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/turismo-pilipina-winner.jpg
    Miss Earth 2008 Karla Henry, the Ambassador of Mother Earth, poses with Miss Turismo Pilipina 2008 Sherylee Sustiguer, the Ambassador of Philippine Tourism, at the 2008 Turismo Pilipina Pageant and Coronation.

Miss Sustiguer answered the final question about “Tourism and Culture.” She expressed her thought on how our culture and tourism would blend to further enhance the possibility of attracting more foreign visitors in the country. Aside from the prestigious title, she won a package consisting of house and lot worth P2 million pesos, P250 thousand cash, and other prizes from corporate sponsors.

Ferina de Paz of Muntinlupa City was adjudged First runner-up and was also a recipient of several special awards while another favorite Emmerie Cunanan representing Antique province was proclaimed Second runner-up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmopolite View Post

The Miss Maja International Queen
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/sin_soc_bolivar_y_puerto_rico_la-1.jpg
    MISS MAJA INTERNATIONAL 2008 CLARIBEL RODRIGUEZ
    The queen and goddess waves to the audience after being crowned as the 2008 Miss Maja International.

(Photos Sources: El Universal and El Mundo newspapers of Colombia)
    Just wanna ask this.. for I notice you guys also use the word goddess when referring to a beauty queen. A goddess is a deity with supernatural powers, right?

Is a beauty queen a goddess??

Profound, Objective Thinker Analyst/Realist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyprude View Post

Just wanna ask this.. for I notice you guys also use the word goddess when referring to a beauty queen. A goddess is a deity with supernatural powers, right?

Is a beauty queen a goddess??
    Absolutely! A beauty queen is also a goddess for goddess also means a woman of great beauty or grace (definition by answers.com) or a woman whose beauty or charm arouses adoration (by Merriam-Webster Dictionary). And a beauty queen is rightly described by these definitions or meanings. Not to mention that a beauty queen is a proclaimed or declared, titled, and crowned beauty.

The meaning of goddess here refers to a human being and not to a supernatural one.

These are the definitions or meanings of goddess given by answers.com, a very good online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, and search engine in one (I love it!):

goddess (noun).

1. A female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people.
    2. often Goddess. A female being believed to be the source of life and being and worshiped as the principal deity in various religions. Used with The.
    3. An image of a female supernatural being; an idol.
    4. Something, such as fame or wealth, that is worshiped or idealized.
    5. A woman of great beauty or grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst/Realist View Post
    Absolutely! A beauty queen is also a goddess for goddess also means a woman of great beauty or grace (definition by answers.com) or a woman whose beauty or charm arouses adoration (by Merriam-Webster Dictionary). And a beauty queen is rightly described by these definitions or meanings. Not to mention that a beauty queen is a proclaimed or declared, titled, and crowned beauty.

The meaning of goddess here refers to a human being and not to a supernatural one.

These are the definitions or meanings of goddess given by answers.com, a very good online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, and search engine in one (I love it!):

goddess (noun).

1. A female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people.
    2. often Goddess. A female being believed to be the source of life and being and worshiped as the principal deity in various religions. Used with The.
    3. An image of a female supernatural being; an idol.
    4. Something, such as fame or wealth, that is worshiped or idealized.
    5. A woman of great beauty or grace.
    I see... Great! Good explanations! Thanks for making it clear, A/R!

Thumbs up A Significant, Global Beauty Contest!

MISS TOURISM QUEEN INTERNATIONAL

Miss Tourism Queen International was founded by Mr. Charlie See in 1949. Since then, there have been more than 50 countries occasionally holding this competition for their Miss Tourism National Queen. In 1993, the Miss Tourism Queen International Organization held the first world final competition in Sri Lanka, and later in USA, Russia, Brazil, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and many other countries as well. The contest then was held in China for five years starting from 2004. Over 100 delegates from different countries and regions came to participate in the 2005 event and up to 85 delegates in the 2006 event. In 2007, there were 108 countries joined in. And in 2008, 86 national delegates came to participate.

With each country's tourism ambassadors gathering together, Miss Tourism Queen International aims at enhancing the international tourism developments, international cultural exchanges, and friendships among the different nations in the world.

MR. CHARLIE SEE

On Friday, November 2, 2008, one of the most respected names in international pageantry, the great Charlie See, passed away in California, U.S.A. where he lived with his wife Ann. Charlie founded numerous international or global beauty contests, which include Miss Globe, Miss Tourism Queen International and many more. In the 1950s and 1960s he worked closely with the Miss Universe Organization.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/charlie-2.jpg
    From left: Alex Liu, International President of Miss Tourism Queen International; Anu Pekkarinen, Miss Tourism Queen International 2003; Mr. Zhang Feng, Executive President of Miss Tourism Queen International; Jolena Kwasow, Miss Tourism Queen International 2004; Mrs. Ann See; Mr. Charlie See, Founder of Miss Tourism Queen International (in gray suit).

Born in Penang, Malaysia, Charlie moved to the United States when he was still young. At the age of 100, he attended Miss Tourism Queen International last July 2008 in China, and with sense of humor and much energy, he shared some great pageant stories with the international press. He was a man who not only dared to dream, but someone who worked fiercely to see his dreams become a reality. Consequently, he has made the dreams of thousands of beautiful young ladies (who became national and global beauty queens) around the world become a reality as well.

Mr. Charlie See lived a long life and left his mark on this planet. May he rest in peace, and shall his legacy be carried on forever by those he trusted and loved.

Talking Meet The First Filipino Beauty Queen Who Was Crowned Miss Tourism Queen International

PHILIPPINES WON ITS FIRST-EVER MISS TOURISM QUEEN INTERNATIONAL CROWN IN 2006!

Justine Vinluan Gabionza is the first Filipina who won the crown and title of Miss Tourism Queen International in Hangzhou, China on July 8, 2006. She stands 5'8" tall. She is a ramp model by profession and with Bachelors degree in Tourism. She already joined some national and international beauty pageants and won the 2002 Miss Philippines-Air title, and Fourth runner-up in the Top Model of the World in Dusseldorf, Germany. She was handpicked by the Carousel Productions, the organizer of Miss Earth Pageant, to represent the Philippines in the 2006 Miss Tourism Queen International Contest contended by 86 countries around the world.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/images1030989_1.jpg
    The 2006 MISS TOURISM QUEEN INTERNATIONAL Winners
    From left: 3rd Runner-up Laxmi Ssunita of Singapore
    , 1st Runner-up Gordana Strajin of Serbia & Montenegro, Miss Tourism Queen Int'l 2006 Justine Gabionza of the Philippines, 2nd Runner-up Fatouma Eboundit of Congo, and 4th Runner-up Livia Pratissoli of Brazil.

The Queen and her Court...
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/U43P4T8D755317F107DT20060709152423.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/735656289_86efca9bf7.jpg
    2006 Miss Tourism Queen International, Justine Gabionza

For full story and more photos, kindly click on this link

Miss Tourism Queen International 2006 Justine Gabionza

Exclamation The 2008 Miss Tourism Queen International Winners

PERU CAPTURED THE 2008 MISS TOURISM QUEEN INT'L CROWN, THE FIRST BY A LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRY!

Miss Tourism Queen International 2008, the 5th MTQI pageant was held at Zhengzhou City, Henan Province in China on April 10, 2008. The crown and title was competed by 113 delegates, marking the biggest turnout in the world from other international pageants. Miss Russia, Olga Zarubina, the 2007 title holder, crowned Silvia Cornejo of Peru as the new Miss Tourism Queen International 2008. Silvia is the first woman from the South American continent to win the said title.

The Queen and other Winners

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/miss-tourism-queen-international-20.jpg
    Miss Tourism Queen International 2008 Silvia Cornejo (center) is flanked by (from left to right) 3rd Runner-up Miss Montenegro, Dasa Zivkovic; 2nd Runner-up Miss Canada, Sahar Biniaz; 1st Runner-up Miss China, Amanda Tong He; and 4th Runner-up Miss Japan, Akemi Fukumura.

Close-up face photo of the reigning Queen...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/147_583.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/800529_f520.jpg

MISS TOURISM QUEEN INTERNATIONAL 2008 SILVIA CORNEJO

A native of Trujillo, the new Miss Tourism Queen International has a large experience in beauty pageants: she won the Miss Teen Americas title back in 2005, and was crowned Miss Peru-World in 2006. In Poland, where she participated in Miss World, she was not even a semi-finalist. Shortly after, she participated in the Miss South America pageant, in Bolivia, and was one of the 6 finalists.

Miss Peru performed well throughout the night and earned her place on the top of the chart deservingly so. Congratulations to Silvia Cornejo, Miss Tourism Queen International 2008!

Final Results (Ranking)
    Miss Tourism Queen International 2008: Peru - Silvia Cornejo
    1st runner-up: China - Tong He
    2nd runner-up: Canada - Sahar Biniaz
    3rd runner-up: Montenegro - Dasa Zivkovic
    4th runner-up: Japan - Akemi Fukumura

Top 20 Semifinalists (in order of ranking)
    06th: Puerto Rico - Cassandra Castro Holland
    07th: Chile - Marie Ann Salas
    08th: Belarus - Olesya Makeeva
    09th: Greece - Georgia Apostolelli
    10th: Rwanda - Karine Rusaro Utamuliza
    11th: Czech Republic - Michaela Wronova
    12th: Sweden - Joanna Maria Andersson
    13th: Ukraine - Vlada Yevsyeyeva
    14th: Cuba - Gwendalyn Crowder
    15th: Thailand - Pichamon Keawthong
    16th: Romania - Delia Monica Duca
    17th: Ghana - Nana Yaa Adadewa Addo
    18th: Bali - Pradnya Ida Ayu
    19th: Australia - Amanda Duval
    20th: Angola - Patrícia Agostinho

Special Awardees
    Best in National Costume: Aruba - Nabhilach Gianella Julieta Maria de Palm
    Best in Evening Gown: Venezuela - Maria Lourdes Caldera
    Miss Bikini (Best in Swimsuit): Canada - Sahar Biniaz
    Miss Photogenic: Brazil - Kelly Pedrita Giacomoni
    Miss Friendship: Uganda - Faith Byanjeru
    Miss Personality: Greece - Georgia Apostolelli
    Miss Charity: China - Tong He
    Miss Disco: India - Devyani Chandrakant Mandavgane
    Best in Qipao: Malaysia - Hui May Suen
    Miss Elegant: Monaco - Morgane Stephanie Marie-Aline Valade
    Miss Charm: Bali - Ida Ayu Pradnya Laksmi Devi
    Best Smile: Serbia - Zorana Tasovac
    Press Favorite: Singapore - Cheryl Desiree Chan
    Miss Internet Popularity: Australia - Amanda Louise Duval

Continental Queens
    Africa: Angola - Luisa Patricia Agostinho Manuel
    Americas: Puerto Rico - Cassandra Carin Castro Holland
    Asia: Thailand - Pichamon Keawthong
    Europe: Sweden - Joanna Maria Andersson
    Oceania & Islands: Cuba - Gwendalyn Crowder

Talking Mrs. Philippines: The National Married Beauty Queens of the Philippines

The National and Global Beauty Queens: Our Social Queens and Goddesses for The Good of All Nations and Our Planet! http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif__________________________________________________________________________________________ _____

UNMARRIED AND MARRIED BEAUTY QUEENS UNITE!

It is HIGH TIME that all unmarried (single) and married beauty queens of the prestigious (major) national and global beauty contests-pageants and their reputable organizations (with their noble and worthy causes and objectives) NOW UNITE, JOIN HANDS, AND JOIN FORCES (regardless of their civil status) in helping to make their respective nations and our planet become a better place and home to live in!

Thus, in the Philippines, the first ever MRS. PHILIPPINES NATIONAL BEAUTY CONTEST was established!

THE 2009 MRS. PHILIPPINES CANDIDATES WERE ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY

The first ever nationwide search for the Mrs. Philippines (a married beauty queen) was organized by Zmen Productions headed by Dr. Joel Mendez of the Mendez Medical Group with its business office located at the Robinsons Galleria Mall in Pasig City, Metro Manila. The pageant's aim is to celebrate beauty and family values and to honor the Filipino married women who play important roles not only in the Filipino family (as wives and mothers) but in the Philippine society as well (as career women in different fields). The competition was for the benefit of the Federation of the Senior Citizens Association of the Philippines and Coalition of Services of the Elderly (COSE).

After strenuous processes of screening the Mrs. Philippines applicants, the final 28 official candidates were chosen and presented to the media on December 3, 2008 at the Fernwood Gardens in Quezon City, Metro Manila.

The 28 Mrs. Philippines 2009 Official Candidates:

01. Abegael Borta
    02. Liezlle Villanueva
    03. Karen Mauri
    04. Esther Dumla
    05. Leony Gegremosa
    06. Donabel Deinla
    07. Wilma Acedera
    08. Vanessa Serbese
    09. Kristine Kintana
    10. Maritess Dinopol
    11. Eleonor Mayo
    12. Mary Maureen Albarracin
    13. Russel Roxas
    14. Analou Avecilla
    15. Rebekah Cantillero
    16. Alejandra Gutirrez
    17. Caryl Ann Robianes
    18. Ma. Francisca Angara
    19. Regina Aspiras
    20. Shella Marie Rodriguez
    21. Remalin Adriano
    22. Shelly Grace Yumul
    23. Camille Galvez
    24. Catherine Joy Ke
    25. Ma. Vivial Nolasco
    26. Ivy Glenda Malaluan
    27. Jahzel Gonzales
    28. Ma. Rafaela Yunon Velasco

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm250/AnalystRealist/mrs2qa6.jpg
    (Photos courtesy of Melvin Sia for OPMB Worldwide)

These married women (whose ages range from 18 to 45 years old), who passed the intense screenings, include plain housewives, professionals, entrepreneurs, businesswomen, corporate executives, an athlete, a TV host, models, and even a beauty title holder (a Bb. Pilipinas, a former unmarried beauty queen). The opportunity that this pageant has presented truly caught the attention of the married Filipinas who have always dreamed of becoming a full-pledged beauty queen!

The 2009 Mrs. Philippines Official Candidates spent eventful days with their hectic schedules of pre-pageant activities comprising of community works (milk feedings, free pregnancy tests, tree plantings, etc.), cooking showdowns, fashion shows, mall shows, and TV guestings. Add to that were the usual Q&A (personal interviews), talent, evening gown, and swimsuit competitions. The candidates truly enjoyed the most colorful moments in their lives throughout the contest duration… A great break from their daily routines as wives & mothers or career women. A break and opportunity they certainly deserved!

The winners will represent the Philippines in the upcoming 2009 international competititions: Mrs. Universe to be held in Bulgaria, Mrs. Earth in U.S.A., Mrs. World in Vietnam, Mrs. Globe also in U.S.A. The Mrs. Philippines National Search is hoping to find the married Filipino beauty queens who will finally be able to bring home (honors) the prestigious global crowns for the Philippines!!!

The Mrs. Philippines 2009 pageant was held on December 17, 2008 at the Aliw Theater in Pasay City, Metro Manila. It was telecast over QTV 11 on December 20, 2008 at 9:00 to 11:00 pm.

http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif MRS. PHILIPPINES 2009 CORONATION NIGHT

A nineteen year old mother of one was crowned the new Mrs. Philippines-World 2009 early morning at the Aliw Theater in CCP Complex Roxas Blvd. in Pasay City, Metro Manila.

Donabel Deinla broke into tears as she was announced the winner of the highest honor of the first ever national search, contest, and pageant for married Filipino women, the Mrs. Philippines 2009.

The 4 hour pageant and musical extravanganza was hosted by Paolo Bediones and Singer Pops Fernandez together with Parañaque City Congressman Eduardo Zialcita. Miss Pauleen Luna served as the anchorwoman.

Early favorite Ma. Rafaela “Mafae” Verdadero Yunon Velasco was named Mrs. Philippines-Globe 2009, one of the major crowns awarded. Deinla will compete in the Mrs. World 2009 Pageant to be held in Vietnam while Velasco will compete in Mrs. Globe 2009 in the United States next year.

Other 2009 crown and title winners were Camila Kim Galvez (a former TV Patrol reporter), Mrs. Philippines-Universe; Ivy Glenda Malaluan, Mrs. Philippines Earth; Liezel Villanueva, Mrs. Philippine-International; Rebekah Cantillero, Mrs. Philippines-Asia; Analou Avecilla, Mrs. Philippines-Galaxy; and Mary Maureen Albaracin, Mrs. Philippines-Tourism.

First cut of the evening was made with the announcement of 16 Semi-finalists from the original 28 official candidates, after the evening gown and casual interview, the judges determined the 8 Finalists.

Guest performers were showbiz celebrities Gary Valenciano, Erik Santos and Gian Magdangal. The pageant was telecast on Dec. 20, 2008, Saturday from 9 to 11 p.m. over QTV Channel 11.

The Election and Coronation...

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm250/AnalystRealist/mrs3zp3-1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm250/AnalystRealist/35081963go3.jpg
    (Photos by Melvin Sia for OPMB Worldide)

Mrs. Philippines 2009 Winners (The Queens and Title Holders)

Mrs. Philippines-Universe, Camilla Galvez
    Mrs. Philippines-Galaxy, Analou Avecilla
    Mrs. Philippines-Earth, Ivy Glenda Malaluan
    Mrs. Philippines-World, Donabel Deinla
    Mrs. Philippines-Globe, Ma. Rafaela Velasco
    Mrs. Philippines-International, Lizelle Villanueva
    Mrs. Philippines-Asia, Rebekah Cantillero
    Mrs. Philippines-Tourism, Mary Maureen Albarracin

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm250/AnalystRealist/winners2L.jpg
    Queens All! The winners and title holders of Mrs. Philippines 2009 pose with the emcee, Paulo Bediones (left) and Dr. Joel Mendez, founder of Mrs. Philippines Beauty Pageant (right). From left to right: Mrs. Philippines-Tourism, Mary Maureen Albarracin; Mrs. Philippines-Galaxy, Analou Avecilla; Mrs. Philippines-Universe, Camilla Kim Galvez; Mrs. Philippines-World, Donabel Deinla; Mrs. Philippines-Globe, Ma. Rafaela Velasco; Mrs. Philippines-Earth, Ivy Malaluan; Mrs. Philippines-International, Leizelle Villanueva; and Mrs. Philippines-Asia, Rebekah Cantillero.

The National and Global Beauty Queens: Our Social Queens and Goddesses for The Good of All Nations and Our Planet! http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif__________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

Well, a queen means a wife of a king. The word queen also means a woman who holds a preeminent or outstanding position (superior to all others) in a certain field or domain. A beauty contest champion or winner IS a queen because as the winner, she holds the top and outstanding position in the field of beauty, and she is formally crowned (wears an official crown), bestowed an official scepter, and conferred an official title in a formal process (of election and proclamation) through a national or global contest/competition. Thus, the winner or queen is called a beauty queen.

A beauty queen is a different kind of queen! She is not a political queen like a nation-kingdom queen (monarch). She is not political. But a beauty queen is A SOCIAL QUEEN who functions as a national or international ambassador of goodwill and amity (as well as tourism), as a national/global role model, an environmental advocate, a philanthropist, a humanitarian, etc.

Speaking of major, national and global beauty queens, who are nonshowbiz celebrities and are also called beauty stars (for the word star also means a celebrity), they have these important social roles and functions for the country and for the world: as national or international ambassadors of goodwill and amity (as well as tourism), as national or global role models, as environmental advocates, philanthropists, humanitarians, etc.

This thread is not a common, vain, trivial, or frivolous "celebrity thread" (as it is the usual perception and impression of many intellectual people about showbiz celebrities), but this thread concerns with the presentations of objective, sensible, substantial, national and international news or issues on major, prestigious, national and world beauty contests-pageants, beauty queens and the reputable organizations they belong to, which have good and beautiful, noble and worthy causes and objectives that are of national and global significance and relevance (newsworthy) to the society and to the entire world.

UNMARRIED AND MARRIED BEAUTY QUEENS UNITE!

It is HIGH TIME that all unmarried (single) and married beauty queens of the prestigious (major) national and global beauty contests-pageants and their reputable organizations (with their noble and worthy causes and objectives) NOW UNITE, JOIN HANDS, AND JOIN FORCES (regardless of their civil status) in helping to make their respective nations and our planet become a better place and home to live in!
    Yeah, the civil status of our beauty queens is not an issue. Single or married, it doesn't matter, they all can do good or great things for their respective countries and for the world.

Hey, A/R & Cosmo, could you please post now your infos and photos on the coronation last Saturday night of Binibining Pilipinas 2009? Yesterday I saw them on front pages of Manila Bulletin, Philippine Star and Philippine Daily Inquirer broadsheet newspapers but Bulletin had no cover story, Phil. Star had only one photo, and Inquirer just a small photo on front page and a black & white inside.

We'd like to know more info on the pageant and see more good photos of our new queens. Could you, guys? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyprude View Post
    Hey, A/R & Cosmo, could you please post now your infos and photos on the coronation last Saturday night of Binibining Pilipinas 2009? Yesterday I saw them on front pages of Manila Bulletin, Philippine Star and Philippine Daily Inquirer broadsheet newspapers but Bulletin had no cover story, Phil. Star had only one photo, and Inquirer just a small photo on front page and a black & white inside.

We'd like to know more info on the pageant and see more good photos of our new queens. Could you, guys? Thanks...
    Yezz!! I'm eager too to see lots of colorful pics of their activities during the pageant... and of course the new Bb. Pilipinas goddesses themselves!!! Okey?!!

Sure, guys... Con mucho gusto! (My pleasure!)

However, I'd like to make this clear to you. I'm not an event photographer and the photos/pictures I'm posting here are taken from online sources: newspapers, magazines, blogs, forums, or websites, etc. That's why I put the name of the photo owners alongside the photos. I don't want to be accused of copyright infringement (violation) you know!

But you see, there are online photos whose photographer's or owner's name/s are not indicated. So I think it's just all right and safe to copy them since the reason why the photos are posted is to have online exposures...

The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY JESUS CHRIST is risen!

The whole world (Christendom) is feasting today commemorating His Resurrection!

HAPPY EASTER to all!!!

BINIBINING PILIPINAS (MISS PHILIPPINES) 2009: NOW ON ITS 45TH GLORIOUS YEAR!

Binibining Pilipinas (Miss Philippines) or Bb. Pilipinas, the premier and most prestigious beauty contest and pageant in the Philippines, is a continuing project of the Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Incorporated (BPCI), a non-stock, non-profit organization founded by its chair, civic leader and philanthropist, the 1960 Miss International Stella Márquez de Araneta. The pageant was envisioned as a prestigious fund-raising activity for projects that would benefit orphans, indigent families and other less fortunate members of the Philippine society.

Apart from producing the country's best beauty queens who are the representatives of the Philippines in various international competitions, BPCI has been a key partner in nation-building for over four decades now, providing skills trainings, educational workshops, medical and dental missions, social works, and other relevant services for the marginalized sectors of the community.

First and foremost a charitable organization, BPCI donates all its earnings to a string of orphanages in Metro Manila including day care centers in cooperation with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). In times of calamities, it is also committed to contribute aids and do relief operations whenever such calamities occur. A most memorable relief operation that involved BPCI was when Central Luzon was immensely affected by the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1991. Binibining Pilipinas past and then titleholders trudged through the ash-laden town of Porac, the Tent City in Pampanga, and other refugee camps, to distribute foods, medicines and other basic needs to the affected helpless residents. Other recent fulfilling endeavors that were accomplished are the regular children's welfare programs at the Barangay Soccoro Day Care Center and the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) Pediatric Cancer Unit.

With the annual pageant as its main source of funds, the BPCI annually tries to bring the message of hope and love across the nation. Young Filipina pageant participants are given the opportunity to be carriers of this message as the humanitarian missions make up BPCI's primary goals. Its role in the upliftment of less fortunate fellow Filipinos through economic support generated from corporate sponsorships and other benefactors and donors is the basic reason for BPCI's existence and relevance as an institution with compassion and significance. The young ladies involved with Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. show that real beauty lies in helping the less fortunate members of society.

The search for Bb. Pilipinas-Universe started in 1964 with Myrna Panlilio winning the crown. Since then the yearly quest, has the become the biggest, most awaited national beauty event with hundreds of aspirants from all over the country. In 1968, BPCI acquired the national franchise for the Miss International Pageant with Nini Ramos winning the Bb. Pilipinas-International title. In 1973, BPCI gained the national franchise for the Miss Maja International Pageant (now held annually in Colombia, with the reigning queen, 2008 Miss Maja International, Claribel Rodriguez Rivera of Puerto Rico). In that year of 1973, the title Miss Maja-Pilipinas or Bb. Pilipinas-Maja International was initiated (won by Nanette Prodigalidad) and was proclaimed together with the Bb. Pilipinas-Universe and Bb. Pilipinas-International titles in one grand Coronation Night, setting the trend for multiple proclamations of major titles. And in 1992, the franchise for the Philippines' Miss World delegate was finally acquired and the title Bb. Pilipinas-World started and won by Marilen Espino.

To date, the organization has produced several international (global) winners including Gloria Diaz, Miss Universe 1969; Margie Moran, Miss Universe 1973; Miriam Quiambao, Miss Universe 1st Runner-up 1999; Aurora Pijuan, Miss International 1970; Melanie Marquez, Miss International 1979; Precious Lara Quigaman, Miss International 2005; Nanette Prodigalidad, Miss Maja International 1st Runner-up 1973; Margaret Ann Bayot, Miss Maja International 1st Runner-up 2004; and Ruffa Gutierrez, Miss World 2nd Runner-up 1993.

Binibining pilipinas Charities, Inc.'s existence as an organization lies more than just the quest for the True Filipina Beauty--it is the gateway to many meaningful opportunities to be able to make a difference in the world, with its constant commitment to various humanitarian causes.

THE 2009 BB. PILIPINAS OFFICIAL CANDIDATES PRESS PRESENTATION

The 2009 Binibining Pilipinas Pageant formally opened with the presentation of the 24 official candidates to the Press and Members of the Media, as well as the various sponsors of the pageant.

The 24 Official Candidates of the 2009 Bb. Pilipinas Pageant are:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/bb-pilipinas-2009-candidates.jpg

01. Vanessa Johnson
    02. Carisheila May KUIJPERS
    03. Richell ANGALOT
    04. Gizelle Jasmin RIVAMONTE
    05. Diana AREVALO
    06. Maria Paula Bianca PAZ
    07. Mary Jane dela CRUZ
    08. Cheryl OLIVEROS
    09. April Love JORDAN
    10. Priscilla NAVIDAD
    11. Regina HAHN
    12. Jaysel ARROZAL
    13. Sandra Inez SEIFERT
    14. Keann MALLARI
    15. Pamela Bianca MANALO
    16. Mary Tiffany JONES
    17. Marie-Ann UMALI
    18. Marie Loraine de GUZMAN
    19. Stephanie Rose SEÑIRES
    20. Melody GERSBACH
    21. Hazel SUTCH
    22. Priscilla Mae HONORIO
    23. Barbara SALVADOR
    24. Abigail Lesley CRUZ

The candidates, clad in a red printed swimsuit by Mossimo, were presented formally to the press on February 24, 2009 by GMA 7 talent Paolo Bediones at the Sunset Pavillion of the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel in Pasay City, Metro Manila.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/binibiningpilipinas2009-photo-6.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/binibiningpilipinas2009-photo-1.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/binibiningpilipinas2009-photo-2.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/binibiningpilipinas2009-photo-3.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/binibiningpilipinas2009-photo-5.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/binibiningpilipinas2009-photo-4.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/314c5y0.jpg http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/314c5y0.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/bbgroupposter.jpg

Prior to the Press Presentation, there were many aspirants coming from different parts of the country who went to the Big Dome (Araneta Coliseum) and underwent the preliminary screenings held weekly from December to February 2009.

And out of over 150 hopefuls, 24 ladies were chosen during the final screening and announcement of the official candidates for the 2009 Bb. Pilipinas Search held at the fine Mandarin Suites and the Cineplex 10 Cinema 4 of the Gateway Mall in Araneta Center in Quezon City, Metro Manila on February 6, 2009.

Here, the 24 Official Candidates of Binibining Pilipinas 2009 are posing beside The Oasis, where the spectacular Floating Garden is situated (inside the posh Gateway Mall)...

The 24 Official Candidates

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/wh06f7.jpg
    No. 1 Vanessa Johnson, No. 2 Carisheila May Kuijpers, No. 3 Richell Angalot,
    No. 4 Gizelle Jasmin Rivamonte

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/fdwyo3.jpg
    No. 5 Diana Arevalo, No. 6 Maria Paula Bianca Paz, No. 7 Jane De la Cruz,
    No. 8 Cheryl Oliveros

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/15q3zeo.jpg
    No. 9 April Love Jordan, No. 10 Priscilla Navidad, No. 11 Regina Hahn,
    No. 12 Jaysel Arrozal

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/1zqtv15.jpg
    No. 13 Sandra Inez Seifert, No. 14 Keann Mallari, No. 15 Pamela Bianca Manalo
    Last edited by The Cosmopolite; May 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/s4770i.jpg
    No. 16 Mary Tiffany Jones, No. 17 Marie Ann Umali, No. 19 Stephanie Señires,
    No. 20. Melody Gersbach

The two candidates (18 and 21) who missed the group picture taking...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/c18shirt_2009.jpg
    No. 18 Marie Loraine De Guzman

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/c21shirt_2009.jpg
    No. 21 Hazel Sutch

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/2hn3nkh.jpg
    No. 22 Priscilla Mae Honorio, No. 23 Barbara Salvador, No. 24 Abegail Lesley Cruz

The Not So Lucky 13!
    By JP Anonuevo

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/TheCosmopolite/c13shirt_2009.jpg
    No. 13 Sandra Inez Seifert

If you were wondering why Sandra Seifert, Candidate 13 was missing in the activities of the 2009 Bb. Pilipinas Pageant, it was because she was given the boot by the Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc. (BPCI).

Allegations of a previous pictorial of Sandra in a (soft porn) men's magazine is said to be the primary reason behind her exit from being a candidate in this year's pageant. Apparently, these allegations turned out to be true as it could be found at a mainstream men's magazine. This then became the ground to disqualify her as it broke rules governing the Binibining Pilipinas.

We wish Sandra the best in all her future endeavors. She could've given the other candidates a run for their money and potentially could've made the country proud.

Thumbs up One of the Significant Charities of Bb. Pilipinas

THE 2009 BINIBINING PILIPINAS CANDIDATES HELP BUILD HOMES WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY PHILIPPINES

To watch the video clips of this philanthropic event, please click here.

THE BB. PILIPINAS 2009 CANDIDATES DONNED HARD HATS!
    (March 3, 2009)

Construction workers never looked as glamorous, or feminine.

The Bb. Pilipinas 2009 Candidates, donned hard hats, put on work gloves, and worked to build much-needed homes at the Pasig City Local Government Unit (LGU)-Habitat Project site last week. The ladies trekked to the Pasig City housing project site at Government Lot F, Bernardo Compound, Caliuag St., Brgy. Pinagbuhatan to get their hands dirty and build houses with Habitat for Humanity Philippines (HFHP).

The reigning Bb. Pilipinas 2008 queens, Bb. Pilipinas 2008 - Universe Jennifer Barrientos, Bb. Pilipinas 2008 – International Patricia Fernandez, and Bb. Pilipinas 2008 – World Denielle Castaño also joined in on the house-building activity.

Former Bb. Pilipinas-International Erlynn Bernardez-Campos, now the chair of Friends of Habitat NCR attended the build to welcome the candidates.

The Pasig 1 Medium Rise Project aims to serve Pasig constituents who live along danger areas along the Pasig River and wish to have a better quality of life. In an effort to grant this, the office of Pasig City Mayor Robert Eusebio has spearheaded the construction of two medium-rise buildings with the use of Habitat for Humanity Philippines’ appropriate technology.

HFHP’s technology allows the construction of decent, durable, and affordable housing units for 120 families. Each unit is 20 square meters, with a provision for a loft, built with concrete interlocking blocks, a Habitat for Humanity Philippines innovation. The local government of Pasig provided the land, approximating a lot area of 1100 square meters.

This project is part of HFHP’s Urban Renewal Project, an undertaking that involves building new communities and transforming existing on-site communities so that home partners will have better access to socio-economic opportunities. Moving homeless people away from the city and away from their work places is a form of inequity that can be addressed through the urban renewal project of Habitat. The underprivileged deserve an equal opportunity to live and work in urban centers as much as rich people do; but to be able to offer that opportunity, communities need to be created where they can live in dignity. That is what HFHP seeks to promote through its Urban Renewal Project.

At the end of the day, the 1960 Miss International Stella Marquez-Araneta, who produces the beauty pageant, commended the beauteous volunteers (the candidates), enthusing that she is proud of their dedication and hopes that they will walk away from the pageant with a heart for social work.

Bb. Pilipinas 2009 candidate Priscila Mae Honorio shares, “It’s a humbling experience. It makes us even more happy that andito kami, nakakatulong kami.”

Another candidate, Melody Gersbach quips, “Ito talaga ang masasabi natin na beauty under pressure. After being under the heat and getting dirty, this is something we enjoy doing. It’s fun with all the girls.”

The ladies transported 179 pails of gravel, cut 176 rebars, bended 138 rebars, and fabricated 27 concrete interlocking blocks.

They also donated dust masks, towels, and gloves for the skilled home partners and skilled workers to use.
    Last edited by Analyst/Realist; Jun 17, 2009 at 04:43 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast