Solo Backpackers | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange
X

Page 1 of 167 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

Solo Backpackers

hi! perhaps we can organize trips on this thread especially for the solo backpackers. mas exciting di ba? just for a change - backpacking with new sets of friends

Asia's Pride
    wow magandang idea to! count me in! saan ang first destination?

Asia's Pride
    local or international destinations ba to? di ko pala natanong, wala ako sa pinas e. pero kung international to, i might meet up with the group sa place of destination.

for backpacking accomodations, recommended ko ang

www.hostelbookers.com

your romeo in waiting bluesky_luis's Avatar
    sali ako jan! international man or local.. sana matuloy para matuto ko magtipid hehe..

anyway, i'm leaving for macau on the first week of september with side trip in hongkong then from macau go to singapore (my fave place) or malaysia.

Adventure is out there! lizzie28gurl's Avatar
    ako rin sali..alis ako sa first week ng oct sa singapore then tawid sa malaysia..mababait kaya mga IOs sa DMIA? hehe sana

wala bang australia dito.. kahit next year....

saan ba ang first destination?

did my own solo backpacking 3 years ago, when i was 25, fresh out of law school, and it still remains as the biggest travel adventure i've ever done in my whole life.

went frankfurt-bodensee-vienna-venice-milan-barcelona-paris-brussels-amsterdam-berlin-frankfurt. then uwi sa pilipinas. sobrang saya! just me and my backpack, and a lot of friends met along the way. took me one month to do the tour.

baka di ko na kaya gawin ang ganun ka-extensive na backpacking tour ngayon.

pero if you have the time, it's worth it!

masaya to, i've done this twice, traveling on my own.

since I have started working here in Singapore, I've started backpacking, and I was able to travel from here to Hong Kong overland, and from there I took a ferry to Macau for a flight back to Singapore.

it will widen your horizons and you'll meet a lot of people along the way. it will also remind you of humility seeing that there are other people who are less fortunate as yours.

I often call this as "cultural immersion".

bossing gusto ko din sanang sumali. itenerary meron ba? tska po sana budget,

what's a backpacker?
    psencya po - jologs ini

just went solo trip to baguio , then sagada, eh ang mahal ng solo-cave tours duon. so i went with an american tourist who was also planning to cave, then the next day , another solo swiss tourist came in and join us, then on the 3rd day we met an austrian solo traveler up in mt.ampacao who tagged along with us heading off to the mini lake for a late afternoon weed

they have around a month of ample vacation time to explore our country, while only have atmost a week to travel and my last destination would be in my cube in Makati
    does that make me a backpacker too?

cant afford a european tour or asian-country hopping too like you guys plan to.

now i'm preparing a solo adventure on bohol tomorrow... relax mode lang.. p ero kung may mga group tour.. sali na rin! ... sana makahanap ako group tours duon at maki-join... hehe, sana pinoys naman... ni-nosebleed ako the whole sagada trip ko! .haha!

does this make me now a backpacker?
    naks!...

backpaker: definition

sarili ko lang na definition...

usually carrying a backpack, pero di naman kelangan na backpack talaga, and travelling to many places on a very tight budget. due to the tight budget, a backpacker usually sleeps in a hostel, or even at airports or train stations. it is not unusual for a backpacker to hook up with other backpackers to share a room or travel together to a certain destination or for a certain leg of a trip if hooking up together would allow both to save, or for mutual help.

backpacking is a rough vacation. sometimes, you even wear the same clothes for days because you don't carry a lot of clothes.

in my case, ito ang hindi ko kaya (except kung winter kasi di naman pinapawisan). i usually bring cheap clothes (yong mga undershirts na tig-3 for 100 sa atin) and kung marumi na, tinatapon ko na lang then buy new shirts (souvenir na rin) at the destination coz wala nang space sa bag kung dadalhin ko pa (and tamad akong maglaba).

the first wave of european tourists in boracay were adventurous backpackers who hopped from island to island in the philippines back in the 80s. kaya siguro ako nahawa kasi ganun ang mga nakikita kong turista when i was a kid.

*limpbwizit was born and raised in boracay!

huwaw, pasali. hahaha!
    just came from a solo backpacking tour of singapore last week, kapagod, pero sulit and tipid

ei that was nice you gave me an idea...

i've done solo back packing before sa baguio, davao and iloilo pero this time kasi i was planning to go in bangkok pero natatakot kasi ako dahil i've never been out of the country and alone... gusto ko sana isama yung friend ko kaso nde magkajive yung sched namin eh kating kati na akong umalis...so possible pala to go solo on international trips... give me an advise naman pls kung tuloy ako mag isa sa bkk...

Blessing,GudFortune,GudLu ck King Aslan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronby View Post
    what's a backpacker?
    psencya po - jologs ini

just went solo trip to baguio , then sagada, eh ang mahal ng solo-cave tours duon. so i went with an american tourist who was also planning to cave, then the next day , another solo swiss tourist came in and join us, then on the 3rd day we met an austrian solo traveler up in mt.ampacao who tagged along with us heading off to the mini lake for a late afternoon weed

they have around a month of ample vacation time to explore our country, while only have atmost a week to travel and my last destination would be in my cube in Makati
    does that make me a backpacker too?

cant afford a european tour or asian-country hopping too like you guys plan to.

now i'm preparing a solo adventure on bohol tomorrow... relax mode lang.. p ero kung may mga group tour.. sali na rin! ... sana makahanap ako group tours duon at maki-join... hehe, sana pinoys naman... ni-nosebleed ako the whole sagada trip ko! .haha!

does this make me now a backpacker?
    naks!...

yup backpacker ka hehe

any DO's and DONT's for solo backpacking?

Page 1 of 167 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last