We are pleased to learn of your interest in applying for an HSBC credit card!
Our Secured Card Programme will allow you to apply for a credit card that is secured by a deposit hold-out. Please note that your deposits should be equivalent to 120% of your desired credit limit for Philippine Peso (PHP) deposits or 130% of your desired credit limit for US Dollar (USD)/foreign currency deposits.
To avail of the HSBC Secured Card, you will need to open a PowerVantage account. With a minimum Total Relationship Balance (TRB) of PHP100,000 or its foreign currency equivalent, you may open a PowerVantage Account and enjoy international access to your funds! Total Relationship Balance is calculated based on the average total balances in all your deposit/investment accounts in any one calendar month with HSBC.
Our deposit accounts are also available in the following currencies: Philippine Peso (PHP), US Dollar (USD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Euro Dollar (EUR), Sterling Pound (GBP), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Swiss Franc (CHF), Japanese Yen (JPY), Canadian Dollar (CAD), and Singapore Dollar (SGD).
As a PowerVantage customer, you will receive the following privileges:
1. Round-the-clock banking through our PhoneBanking and Personal Internet Banking service, online@hsbc
2. Consolidated monthly statements to help you easily keep track of your finances
3. Free international savings account ATM card
4. Savings and time deposit accounts in various major foreign currencies
5. A free pre-approved standby credit line of up to 90% of your deposits
6. Priority access to loans and insurance products
To open an account, you may visit any HSBC branch and bring one primary ID (e.g. Passport, Driver's License, SSS card, BIR/TIN ID card, PRC ID) as well as one secondary ID (e.g. company ID, ATM card, credit card). Additional documents may be required by the branch as necessary.
Upon presentation of the needed documents and the acceptance of the required initial deposit, the account will be opened immediately within the same day.