PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Wake Me Up When You Show Me Your Teeths!

In this week's Show Me Your Teeths!, the ladies talk about the -ber months, the upcoming Bench Fashion Show and the Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

heavy traffic, nothing much to see, majority dont speak english, tourists spots are not strategically located, etc.

i will be there this aug. ang point ko...hmmm, gusto ko alng naman ma-excite. otherwise, will go directly to bali na lang and not spend a night na in jakarta

Quote Originally Posted by lilhermione08 View Post
    heavy traffic, nothing much to see, majority dont speak english, tourists spots are not strategically located, etc.

i will be there this aug. ang point ko...hmmm, gusto ko alng naman ma-excite. otherwise, will go directly to bali na lang and not spend a night na in jakarta

sama sa bali! hehehe

sure

will be in jakarta aug 27. will go to bali the next day. back to manila aug 31 or sept 1.

Quote Originally Posted by veco_notebook View Post
    I'll take note on that esp sa bantot hahahahha
    actually, mejo sanay na rin ako sa malay na salita, almost the same sila pero different pa rin, like tandas vs kamar kacil?

sige sabihan kita kung may gananapan sa sabado or sunday.. yung friend ko kasi na bibisitahin ko ang gumawa ng itinerary ko. hehehe
    Sure. Si Punks kaya, andito na?

I think B. Malayu is a bit different. But may similarities din siguro. Parang satin din may hawig din yung iba nilang words.

@lilhermione, unfortunately, i think Jakarta is just a bigger version of Metro Manila. Siguro yung mga tourist spots din e kailangan mong bumiyahe ng malayo layo. Parang Pinas din.

Hi rainame!
    We're not there yet.
    April 3 pa kami.
    We will be coming from Kota Kinabalu via Air Asia
    Bukas pa alis namn from Clark to KK.
    Ingat!

parang manila nga lang ang jakarta, pero wala sila MRT, normal train meron travelling through the city. you really need a local or a pinoy friend based there para siguro malibot mo. i like it though, feels like home

i hope to enjoy the place also

Jakarta is not exactly your prime tourist city. just malls and malls and yeah, traffic...but hey, indon food rocks...so thats good enough..

@studstar, Yeah, feels like home, kaya nga di ako masyado nahohome sick, pati itsura ng mga tao, magkapareho hehe. Mas gwapo at maganda lang mga pinoy ng ilang paligo, .

@punks, ah sa 3 pa ba kayo, hehe. Kung maisisingit sa IT niyo, we can meet on Sunday. Kahit dinner lang. Hehe.

@bakdrap, at first hindi ko naappreciate yung food nila, sobrang aanghang kasi. Ngayon medyo nasanay na ng konti. Pero di ko pa kaya yung Sambal sauce nila.

@lilhermione, sana nga magenjoy ka din.

How come the flight going to Jakarta is shorter than the one going back?

^ may time difference kasi ng 1 hour. that's why.

Hi to everyone! I will be in Jakarta on April 7. I will be arriving in the morning from Singapore. Then balik din ako sa Singapore ng gabi ng April 8. I will be travelling alone. I don't know what to expect. Di ko nga sure kung magbobook pa ako ng hostel kahit isang gabi lang naman ako matutulog. Or dun na lang ako sa Jakarta magbook when I get there? I'm a bit afraid lalo na't wala ako kasama. Promo lang kasi nakuha yung ticket eh sayang naman pag di tumuloy. Sana may makasabay ako dyan. Message me if you will be there on those dates.

@ punk, how was the trip?

are there taxi services available going to hotel upon arrial in jakarta kahit midnight, cebpac kase ako and i'm a bit worried if i should get a land arrangement package or do it yourself na lang. i plan to stay either at ibis mangga dua or ibis tamarin

@ punk, how was the trip?

are there taxi services available going to hotel upon arrial in jakarta kahit midnight, cebpac kase ako and i'm a bit worried if i should get a land arrangement package or do it yourself na lang. i plan to stay either at ibis mangga dua or ibis tamarin
    ^^There is a queue of Bluebird Taxis right outside the arrival of Soekarno Hatta Airport (near McDonalds). I strongly advise you to take this cab (and ignore people who will ask you to take their cab). A slip of paper will be given to you by the Bluebird Taxi staff which indicates the plate number and name of the bluebird taxi driver.

Watch out for people who are pretending to be bluebird taxi agents since maramirami sila dun.

And yes,,,the cabs there are available until wee hours of the morning since dumating *** dun ng 1 AM before and took the bluebird taxi.

16. Advertisement

drew94

rap_sd6 is correct. there are available taxis even at midnight so no worries about transpo.

btw, ibis mangga dua? shopping ang balak mo? super traffic yung area na yan eh...parang divisoria sa atin.

silent_killer24 how was your trip? natuloy ka ba? hopefully everything went fine on your visit to jakarta.

rainame - sana maka-adjust ka sa food nila....sarap ng rendang eh my faves are padang and sundanese food...tasty but spicy though.

the punks - how was your trip? i think a lot of posters here are waiting for your verdict as well as the pictures on your jakarta/bandung trip. sana, you and your hubby (tama ba?) had a nice trip in jakarta.

btw, i forgot to post this before but hopefully this tip will be helpful to others.

indonesia banks and money changers are very particular with the US dollar that you exchange. as in dapat walang tatak, tupi (fold) or any other marks, coz it will devaluate your dollar by at least IDR100/USD1. in short, kung ang palitan eh IDR9,000 = USD1, ang magiging exchange rate nyo eh IDR8,900 = USD1. di naman ganun kalaki pero nakakaasar.

another is, do not exchange your dollar in the airport, around IDR500 - IDR1,000/USD100 and kaltas or bawas sa actual exchange rate kung sa city money changer kayo magpapapalit. but of course, walang choice kung ala kayong Rupiah. what you can do is exchange a smaller bill like USD50, para may pang taxi kayo.

from airport to city, the taxi fare would be around 100-150k rupiah.

Hi maysapaw!

Ok naman ang trip ko sa Jakarta. It was indeed an adventure and experience. Kaso I find the city boring and lame. Puro malls lang tapos a bit expensive yung mga bilihin sa malls tapos hindi ganun ka lively yung mga malls nila. Tapos ang bilis ng metro ng taxi nila at twice ako naloko ng mga taxi drivers nla. The last one can't even speak an English word. Naisip ko tuloy parang Singapore rate. Kasi puro taxi ako when I was there kasi nga they don't have the MRT or efficient transpo system. I also went to 2 bars. When I went the first bar, it was boring. So I went out and tried a second one. It was also boring. Maybe because hindi ako weekends nagpunta. All I can say it, Manila's nightlife is a way way better. My observations was based dun sa place na pinag stayan ko. Kasi I stay in South and Central Jakarta. I didn't go to the Northern part. But I like their beer which I forgot the name. Hindi sya mapait or mapakla.

Thanks pala kay Rainame, we met there and have some talk over few drinks. I did really have a good time.

^^ Bintang or Anker yung name ng beer? around 5% lang kasi ang alcohol level nun dahil di allowed sa kanila ang high level of alcohol na readily available sa market. moslem's are not allowed to drink alcohol kaya yung mga bar usually expats and non-moslem indonesians lang ang nandun.

yup, as mentioned by a pexer above, jakarta per se is not a touristy city dahil puro malls lang. however a 2-hour ride away from jakarta, meron ng mga tourist spots na okay naman.

if you found south and central jakarta boring...most prob north will be boring as well as far as i know, south jakarta is the most happening location out of the 3. sana nagfood trip ka na lang

next time you go to Indo, and you want a cultural or more tourist type of activities, i suggest you to yogyakarta, bali or lombok.

where do i exchange my USD, marami bang money changers? will be there on a weekend so baka banks will be closed... do you suggest i withdraw cash from the ATM - transaction fee will be around PHP150 but i don't know about the exchange rate, talo ba ko?

22. Advertisement

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast