Catholic Church goes Taliban over Reproductive Health Bill | Local and Foreign Issues | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... Last

Catholic Church goes Taliban over Reproductive Health Bill

You may have heard it on the news for days how CBCP will discourage the Catholic flock from voting public servants who are pushing for the Reproductive Health Bill.

I have always viewed the Philippine Catholic Church as an anti-progressive institution, and their stance about birth control exemplifies it. They are hypocrites claiming that they value life, as if they valued the millions of people the Church tortured during the Inquisition.
    "Touch this skin, darling. Touch this skin, honey. Touch all of this skin, okay? You just can't take it! You're just an overgrown orangutan!" - Venus Xtravaganza, Paris Is Burning

Katulad ng iba, inaasahan ko na na yan ang gagawin ng CBCP pati na rin ng ibang secta or christian organizations tulad ng el-shaddai. Wala silang galang sa separation of church and state, parang namumuhay pa rin sila sa panahon ng kastila at medieval christians na kung saan ang taong simbahan may kaya pang palitaan ang governor-general.
    shame on them.

pero ala na tayong magagawa jan, dahil mga politiko rin matakaw sa buto. napaka unfair lang pakinggan na ipapaboycott nila sa mga christian voters ang susuporta, habang ang politicians wala power na kontrahin or iboycott ang mga pareng nakikialam sa state-affair.

too bad... wala rin naman ako alam na mga project or program ng simbahan na makakatulong sa problema ng kagutoman at kakulang sa pagkain ng bawat pamilyang sumubra sa tatlo ang meymbro.

bad for us. very bad.....

I wouldnt really want a bunch of celibates decide on how I plan my family in the same light any woman wouldn't want their sanitary napkin decided on by a bunch of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by starczamora View Post
    You may have heard it on the news for days how CBCP will discourage the Catholic flock from voting public servants who are pushing for the Reproductive Health Bill.

I have always viewed the Philippine Catholic Church as an anti-progressive institution, and their stance about birth control exemplifies it. They are hypocrites claiming that they value life, as if they valued the millions of people the Church tortured during the Inquisition.

Exactly! It still gives me the creeps that most of their canon laws are still in effect allowing what we may term "just punishment" to heretics (aka protestants). I'd bet if the church were given the same power as before by the temporal leaders in this day and age like they were given during the dark ages of Europe, I'd bet my whole ass they'd do these atrocities again without a thought's notice.

Be careful though, some of the Catholic zealots here might brand us as "anti-Catholics" and burn us all to the stake

I don't care. I'm practicing secularism now.
    "Touch this skin, darling. Touch this skin, honey. Touch all of this skin, okay? You just can't take it! You're just an overgrown orangutan!" - Venus Xtravaganza, Paris Is Burning

kaya tignan nyo, majority ng mga predominantly catholic countries (esp. in latin america), mga mahihirap. dahil jan sa mga pari... ang mga developed christian countries mostly mga predominantly protestant... sila yung blessed.

Instead of meddling in political affairs, the Church should focus on attending to the spiritual and corporal needs of its flock. Maybe our bishops can open more orphanages for street children and launch livelihood programs to help our poor countrymen. They can also provide free quality education to the children of poor couples with big families.

I think those activities would be a more productive use of their time, efforts and wealth than their destructive opposition to the reproductive health bill.

the truth hurts, does it? metropolitan's Avatar
    we really do not need to have a law created to have a reproductive health (RH) program. all we need is the initiative and political will of the executive. anyway, there is no law prohibiting the use of contraceptives and sterilization (except abortion, obviously). if the president can allot billions for power subsidies, the president can certainly direct funds for RH.

some cities like Quezon City and Marikina have their own RH programs. did those city mayors had problems implementing them?

we all know the philippine government's track record on law implementation how will any one be sure if this will even be implemented if every president, governor or mayor has no political wing or is afraid to lose the support of the catholic church.

to people who think they can change the catholic church, don't count on it. in it's two millennia of existence little has changed in its core beliefs, doctrines or teachings. personalities, activists, movements, alternative beliefs, cults, political parties and governments will come and go but the the catholic church will still exist until the sun goes supernova. fortunately or unfortunately that is the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by starczamora View Post
    ... as if they valued the millions of people the Church tortured during the Inquisition.
    although the inquistion happened centuries ago, the sins of the Catholic Church are more grave during these modern times...

as the old farts continuously spread lies about artificial family planning, millions of women die or get very sick because of continuous pregnancy

as they continuously deny the fact that overpopulation hurts the economy, millions of children die because of extreme poverty

and these christian radical retards describe themselves as pro-life?!

From the Professional Heckler

CBCP on Condom Use

Reports say the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines now allows the use of condom by married couples. I don’t know with you but I don’t see any reason why we should allow a group of celibate, sex-deprived men to meddle with other people’s sex life.
    I agree 100% on this. What do these sex deprived priests (excluding the pedophiles) and nuns know about sex when they are obviously not suppose to be getting any hence have no place in teaching people about procreating in the first place?

Politics and Faith don't mix.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.
    Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

subdue

verb
    1. put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land" [syn: repress]
    2. to put down by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires" [syn: suppress]
    3. hold within limits and control; "subdue one's appetites"; "mortify the flesh" [syn: mortify]
    4. get on top of; deal with successfully; "He overcame his shyness" [syn: overcome]
    5. make subordinate, dependent, or subservient; "Our wishes have to be subordinated to that of our ruler" [syn: subordinate]
    6. correct by punishment or discipline [syn: tame]

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

I'm a Roman Catholic, goes to church every Sunday and yeah, CBCP is an organization of idiots. Why are they messing with politics? Did God said that they should puck with politics?

Christ, Cross, Catholic nicolai_frank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
    I'm a Roman Catholic, goes to church every Sunday and yeah, CBCP is an organization of idiots. Why are they messing with politics? Did God said that they should puck with politics?
    Because the Catholic Church is an organization of idiots, and admittedly you are a Roman Catholic, are you saying that you are an idiot?

Certainly, God does not say verbatimly that priests should involve themselves in political issues. However, it is a disservice of the Catholic Church not to make a stand on issues that involve the moral lives of its flock. The issue on artificial family planning methods is not a political issue alone. But above all, it is a moral issue. All believers must be informed on its implications on their spiritual lives. Call me hypocrite if you want. It is better to be "hypocrite" being on the right side than to be "pro-progressive" but on the wrong side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Burn View Post
    From the Professional Heckler

I agree 100% on this. What do these sex deprived priests (excluding the pedophiles) and nuns know about sex when they are obviously not suppose to be getting any hence have no place in teaching people about procreating in the first place?
    Wow! Procreation is for people who have experienced sex alone? A big joke!

CBCP a conglomeration of morons and idiot priests.

Roman Catholicism....is it still relevant in the 21st century?

And what you think it is irrelevant?

Roman Catholicism..the cause of overpopulation of alipins, squatters and timawas in the moronic republic of filipens.

Can't they not get it??????

Quote Originally Posted by nicolai_frank View Post
    And what you think it is irrelevant?
    The decrees of the vatican council, that is!

What about those decrees?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... Last