PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea

    Market-Research / Research Agencies

    Hi,

    Any idea how it is to work for research agencies/market research agencies such as

    1. AC Nielsen
    2. TNS, etc.

    Toxic ba ang work dito? How about the pay?


  2. #2
    im interested din..hope may makapagbigay ng inputs

  3. #3
    Serious type
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Metro_Manila
    are these research agencies/companies do accept applicants who doesnt have any background with research? or puwede rin i-consider basta't trainable naman?

  4. #4
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea
    Pushing this thread up

  5. #5
    I currently work at TNS... just submit your resume sa kanilang V. Luna office, or apply online through jobsdb, assuming that they currently have a job ad there. Experience is not required. Fresh grads can apply. Recruitment process is an exam and some interviews. Kayang-kaya naman ang exam so 'wag niyo ng tanungin ang components.

    Research is divided into two, qualitative and quantitative, and depende sa vacancies and need ng company kung saan ka ilalagay (although tatanungin ka pa rin naman kung ano ang preferred mo). Don't expect a competitive pay if you're entry level, but 2 years or more experience sa industriyang ito can really increase your market value. Is work haggard? OO. Madalas ba ang overtime? OO. Okey ba ang mga tao? Sa kompanya ko, okey naman (parang pamilya). May travel opportunities ba? Sa account ko, OO. Overall, depende pa rin sayo on how you will be able to manage your workload.

    Alrightiness? Good luck!

  6. #6
    ^mukhang ok ka dyan sa TNS ahh. Good Luck sa work mo

  7. #7
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by desforges View Post
    I currently work at TNS... just submit your resume sa kanilang V. Luna office, or apply online through jobsdb, assuming that they currently have a job ad there. Experience is not required. Fresh grads can apply. Recruitment process is an exam and some interviews. Kayang-kaya naman ang exam so 'wag niyo ng tanungin ang components.

    Research is divided into two, qualitative and quantitative, and depende sa vacancies and need ng company kung saan ka ilalagay (although tatanungin ka pa rin naman kung ano ang preferred mo). Don't expect a competitive pay if you're entry level, but 2 years or more experience sa industriyang ito can really increase your market value. Is work haggard? OO. Madalas ba ang overtime? OO. Okey ba ang mga tao? Sa kompanya ko, okey naman (parang pamilya). May travel opportunities ba? Sa account ko, OO. Overall, depende pa rin sayo on how you will be able to manage your workload.

    Alrightiness? Good luck!

    Ei, thanks for the reply. I searched on the net and TNS has office in Makati and QC. Saang office ka? Also, what dept are you with? Tnx!

  8. #8
    No prob! Sa QC office ako, and ito na kasi ang pinaka-relevant sa course ko (although mostly academic research ang aking background). Be reminded nga lang na starting early next year (not sure what month specifically), the research department will be transferring to its new office at Boni. So medyo nakakalungkot kasi mapapalayo pa sa residence ko. Account Management Department (AMD) ako, which houses the qualitative and quantitative research teams. 7 lang kami so far sa QC qualitative team (analyze several data, prepare lotsa forms, meet up with clients, expense-paid travel-travel LUzViMin to conduct discussions, do final presentations to clients= either hotel or office venues, etc...) so just imagine! Pero lubhang mas madaming members ang quantitative team (50++).... pero most of the time, sila'y nasa office... but they also meet with some clients (depende talaga sa project).

    Ayan napakwento ko!

    albert16 thanks! kamusta ka na bro? jobhunting ka pa rin ba or may work ka na? PM mo naman ako sa peyups God bless rin!

  9. #9
    ok lang naman bro, i have a work already, will be starting on monday. dapat sa TNS din ako but i didn't purse my application because i've been gone for a while. tapos last september i heard that they're transferring to qc, malayo na sa amin.

    I heard the parent company of Millward Brown and RI already bought TNS.

    oft: i read at peyups your planning to study in aussie?

  10. #10
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by desforges View Post
    No prob! Sa QC office ako, and ito na kasi ang pinaka-relevant sa course ko (although mostly academic research ang aking background). Be reminded nga lang na starting early next year (not sure what month specifically), the research department will be transferring to its new office at Boni. So medyo nakakalungkot kasi mapapalayo pa sa residence ko. Account Management Department (AMD) ako, which houses the qualitative and quantitative research teams. 7 lang kami so far sa QC qualitative team (analyze several data, prepare lotsa forms, meet up with clients, expense-paid travel-travel LUzViMin to conduct discussions, do final presentations to clients= either hotel or office venues, etc...) so just imagine! Pero lubhang mas madaming members ang quantitative team (50++).... pero most of the time, sila'y nasa office... but they also meet with some clients (depende talaga sa project).

    Ayan napakwento ko!

    albert16 thanks! kamusta ka na bro? jobhunting ka pa rin ba or may work ka na? PM mo naman ako sa peyups God bless rin!

    Very useful info. Tnx again.

    Saang Boni lilipat ng office? Boni (as in Boni Ave, Mandaluyong near AC Nielsen office) or Fort Bonifacio? Kindly clarify.

    I heard from a friend na medyo “mataas” daw ang turnover sa mga research agency lalong-lalo na sa department which handles accounts. Is this true for your company? How do you deal with “difficult” clients?

    To add, how long have you been with the company? I guess mas madaling mag-work sa mga naging clients mo kapag galing ka na sa research-agency?

    Lastly, tama ba na usually ang kinukuha for research agencies are graduates of UP's Communications Research?

    Mukhang interesting kasing mag-work sa research agency
    Tnx!

  11. #11
    hindi naman lagi, basta merong kang alam kahit basic research, at saka willing kang matuto.

  12. #12
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by albert16 View Post
    hindi naman lagi, basta merong kang alam kahit basic research, at saka willing kang matuto.
    Sa Accounts ka din ba ng TNS nag-apply?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by albert16 View Post
    ok lang naman bro, i have a work already, will be starting on monday. dapat sa TNS din ako but i didn't purse my application because i've been gone for a while. tapos last september i heard that they're transferring to qc, malayo na sa amin.

    I heard the parent company of Millward Brown and RI already bought TNS.

    oft: i read at peyups your planning to study in aussie?
    wow, congratulations go, go, go! may you enjoy and have a great time sa iyong new found work. that must be exciting so all the best... well anyway, TNS has always been in qc, and the other office is in makati. pero dahil nag-expire na nga ang contract ng TNS sa makati, the company has plans na lumipat at pag-isahin na lang sa isang building yung People and Culture department, AMD (research), etc... ang maiiwan na lang na department sa QC office e yung Field department. and oh yes, nabili na ang beloved company ng kantar group. not so sure if that's affiliated sa millward brown and RI, pero yeah, nabili na siya. gotta cross our fingers na that would be a good move!

    offt: yup albert! serious plans talaga! yan lang kasi yung place na may sure akong relative (in queensland, au). But it seems na talagang dadaan muna ako sa butas ng karayom. Pero nawa'y mapagpala (gotta have faith!). either i try and pass the FSO exams, or pursue a master's degree there. bahala na... huhuhu, i just wanna travel, hehe.

    ****

    hi again blueshark! tama si albert, ang importante sa work na ito is that you are trainable. more on hands-on rin at 'di classroom set-up kaya expect to do lots of blunders sa umpisa. also, i'm a fresh grad and my course is more on academic research, yet this one's in market research. Pero somewhat related na rin siya sa course ko kasi you still get to analyze data and use a load of your brain cells trying to come up with innovative ideas to present to clients. 'Di rin kasi biro yung mga kliyente. Biggies rin. Wala rin namang masyadong course specifications. Experience can definitely help you, pero don't fret kung wala ka pa nun (take my case) kasi matutunan mo naman lahat yun.

    7 lang kami sa qualititave and kami most of the time yung client-facing. WAFAZ talaga. Mataas ang turnover kasi may mga ilan na 'di nakakaya ang workload, or just would like to take a break and pursue other plans. Yung pinalitan ko just transferred to reasearch departmen ng isang major TV network, yet she stayed here for close to two years rin. Yung isa naman, 14 years na employee ng TNS ang pinalitan. So halo-halo, maraming nagtatagal, may mga ilan ring nagqui-quit. Pero marami pa ring reasons as to why people resign, and not only because they really hate the work. Depende pa rin talaga sa'** yun kung paano mo mamahalin ang trabaho. Besides, medyo magandan ang freedom dito kasi they're really not so much into monitoring your lates and absences (although this must not be abused). For as long as you submit the required tasks on time, and you do the duties assigned, e 'di okay ka na.

    Since fresh grad ako, sandali pa lang ako sa kompanya, hehe. Haggard man, pero kinakaya ko na rin kasi sobrang dami ko namang natutunan. Kailangan ko rin kasi ng work experience para naman magkaroon ako ng edge in the near future, if ever I decide to pursue some other plans. Masaya rin kasi yung mga tao, and its the community-feeling that would help you get through (sama-sama kayo sa hirap at ginhawa). And ako kasi, love ko talaga ang research. Isa talaga 'to sa mga passions ko. Saka to think na I'm using my skills to make a difference to society (thru research), now that makes this market research experience all the more worthwhile.

    Boni sa Mandaluyong, hehe.

    So that said, may your "interest" to research hopefully flourish into passion. Good luck!

  14. #14
    desforges, thanks mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by blueshark View Post
    Sa Accounts ka din ba ng TNS nag-apply?
    i think so, ang nagpasa kasi ng resume ko ay iyong kaibigan ko na nasa TNS Makati.

  15. #15
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea
    found out that I have a friend who used to be with a research agency.

    his/her experience was not that great kasi kanya-kanyang lagare ang kalakaran...merong mga matatagal na staff na obviously ayaw magturo kasi siguro na-t-threaten or nai-insucure...tapos understaffed pa sila kaya namamatay na mga tao and yet tuloy-tuloy lang ang tanggap ng mga proyekto...

    ...pukpukan din kasi mag-demand ang foreign shareholders for revenues kaya ganoon...basta something is wrong daw with how the company is managed...

    kaya he/she decided to leave and have a 'peaceful' and not-so-stressful working life...

  16. Advertisement

  17. #16
    Finding Nemo blueshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Under the Sea
    found out that I have a friend who used to be with a research agency.

    his/her experience was not that great kasi kanya-kanyang lagare ang kalakaran...merong mga matatagal na staff na obviously ayaw magturo kasi siguro na-t-threaten or nai-insucure...tapos understaffed pa sila kaya namamatay na mga tao and yet tuloy-tuloy lang ang tanggap ng mga proyekto...

    ...pukpukan din kasi mag-demand ang foreign shareholders for revenues kaya ganoon...basta something is wrong daw with how the company is managed...

    kaya he/she decided to leave and have a 'peaceful' and not-so-stressful working life...

  18. #17
    BUMP. mejo matagal na ding inactive to pero pwede bng makipost

    does anyone know kung may vacancies ***** ang tns and acneilsen? interested kasi ako dhil research ang forte ko, well, academic research talaga ako pero pareho *** din nmn un. i went through their websites kasi and there are no ads for vacancies only contact numbers and email links. tanong ko na din po kung pwede walk-in application dito. thanks

  19. #18

  20. #19

  21. #20
    sent an inquiry on vacancies in tns through their website like a month ago and i was requested to send them a resume a couple of weeks after. i just took their exams last week. it was relatively easy but it was quite long. just follow the same procedure as i did i guess 'coz market research agencies in general rarely post job vacancies and as i've observed, walk-in applications are typically for field interviewer positions only. hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement

Hot Topics

PBA:

TNT dismantles NLEX for first win of the season, 103-81

TNT dismantles NLEX for first win of the season, 103-81

read more
NMFtv:

Mo Twister welcomes back Guji Lorenzana, as he shares his exploits on Tinder among other things

Mo Twister welcomes back Guji Lorenzana, as he shares his exploits on Tinder among other things

read more
TV:

Join the 'I Do' discussion thread!

Join the 'I Do' discussion thread!

read more
SPORTS:

Army still undefeated after a thrilling five-set triumph over Cagayan, 25-22, 26-24, 26-28, 23-25, 15-13

Army still undefeated after a thrilling five-set triumph over Cagayan, 25-22, 26-24, 26-28, 23-25, 15-13

read more
TRAVEL:

Palawan named best island in the world

Palawan named best island in the world

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Got any questions about the PBA? Ask Iron Coach!

Got any questions about the PBA? Ask Iron Coach!

read more

Advertisement