PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

REVIEW: Fury

Brad Pitt, alongside Shia Labeouf and Logan Lerman, hates Nazis once more, save the scalps.

read more

persnickety

Question

Has anyone heard of or been to this place?

Talking

nope. saan to? maganda ba dito?

persnickety

Talking

I do not have the slighest idea where this place is, but if you must know (according to the article I read), this island has no electricity, no noisy bars (which Boracay has a number of), no volleyball nets, no vendors or stalls selling mineral water or 'isaw', and no mobile phone signals. To me, it sounds like the perfect place to spend a vacation - with just the chirping of birds to wake you in the morning, beautiful sunset and glorious food.

If someone can tell me where this place is and how to get there, please do. I need a vacation.

Talking

Isla Naburot is a resort island just a little off Guimaras. To get there it's a two-hour ferry ride from Iloilo City.

I heard it's pretty expensive daw and mostly foreigners ang visitors niya. But if you're one to REALLY get away from it all and want to have a little of that "Cast Away" experience then this is the place for you.

Talking

ive been to isla naburot when i was... uh 9 or 10 yrs old. (eek 10 years ago!) and ang masasabi ko lang... MAGANDA DUN. i swear. teka ha.. .since i vaguely remember all the details... basta from iloilo (nasa main kami) we had to ride a boat pa going to isla naburot.

maganda yung beach... i mean, the water was sooooo clear. parang nakatago within the island yung living quarters, etc. yung mga officemates ng mom ko... dun sila sa mga high houses nagstay. (parang bahay kubo na naka stilts) tapos kami naman ng mom ko and sis ko... sa may tabi mismo ng beach, may isang hut sa tabi mismo. masaya kasi malamig, saka you can hear the waves while you sleep. kaso... natakot ako kasi pati TUKO maririnig mo. although pag high tide, inabot yung banyo namin... so nabasa yung tissue paper namin.

ang super naalala ko ..... ENDLESS SUPPLY OF FRUITS. sobraaaaaaah! as in di nauubos yung fruits sa table. ang sarap pa ng mangoes!!!!

sana makabalik ako.

Talking

since nasa iloilo na rin ang pinag-uusapan... i suggest you visit the higantes group of islands... its in carles (iloilo's last frontier)... maganda dito and all you have to do is charter a boat, pick an island, and make it your own personal boracay... no perks, pure solitude...

persnickety

Question

Hey imogen, thanks for your post. Would you know of any people to get in touch with for travel arrangements; and how much would it cost for me to spend a vacation here, say for about a week or so?

erman - thanks for the suggestion, but I post the same question - how do I go about it? Or maybe I should just go straight to Iloilo and take it from there, be adventurous for once eh?

nang-aano ka eh!

been to isla naburot a few days ago... its quite a small island about an hour's boat ride from buena vista guimaras. its a really small island, mostly cliffs and rock formations... the beach is really tiny, just a couple of hundred feet across, but is pure whitesand and the water is pristine. its a kinda peculiar setting because the beach is sheltered from the sea by the bulk of isla naburot itself in the south, and the really tall rock formations of guimaras island which is just 100 feet away from the beach, to the north -- meaning really tranquil water and no waves. the beach itself is excellent, its very secluded- hardly anyone passes thru there, and the swimming is great because of shallow waters. might want to bring a snorkel... btw there are many good beaches in guimaras, definitely better than puerto and pagudpod, but not as great as boracay. if boracay is a 10, then isla naburot is a 8.5, with pagudpod 3rd with a 7, and puerto last with a 6.5 and there are ABSOLUTELY no foreigners in site. just the locals and the occassional illongo bakasyonistas.

i was planning on going there on my Iloilo trip pero di natuloy coz of time constraints
    i heard it is really a good place, one for the nature person
    minus the electricity, signal (?), etc. this would be the ideal sanctuary
    and i thought the guimaras beaches were not that good
    mas ok pa pala sa pagudpud, sprakendoitz?

persnickety

It's been a year since this thread has seen its last post. I didn't think anyone would still post a reply. In any case, thank you sprankendoits for your post.

It may have been over a year, but I still haven't been to Isla Naburot. While it may be true that Boracay would still win scores over any island in terms of beauty; personally though, I think that the island has lost its soul and has become less idyllic - corrupted by tourists and locals alike. I was in Boracay again recently, and although it is still an amazing place to go to, it has just become too crowded. I find the tranquility and seclusion of Isla Naburot quite appealing, add to that the absence of electricity which sums up a true "back-to-nature" experience.

Two questions: How much did it cost you (accommodations), and who do you get in touch/make arrangements with? I understand that it is a private resort owned by Anna Gonzalez (if am not mistaken). Thanks.

nang-aano ka eh!

well it is indeed difficult to make arrangements there kasi there's no electricity in the island, much less a phone. i have a friend who is a councilor in Guimaras, and he was the one who arranged everything. like you said, isla naburot can easily be the most beautiful island in the phil because of its tranquility and seclusion. i remember going to puerto galera 2 wks ago, and damn ang daming foreigners. and the beaches were'nt that good either. sa isla naburot, we only had to share the whole island with one german family and an american couple: thats no more than 30 people in the whole island including staff. kaya nga lang, medyo mahal accomodations, P 1,500.00 a day per person (incl. breakfast). and before you can even set foot on the island, we had to get a permit sa municipal hall, for what i dont really understand. i'll try to contact my friend and ask how to make reservations.

ISLA Naburot

One of the best known resorts in the island of Guimaras. It sits upon a coral jewel sets amid the water of emeralds. The island has rich colorful marine life, visible and exotic sealife. The fantastic underwater world adds to the unique beauty of Isla Naburot. Absence of electric wires, telephone and television antennae make it a special sweet best for lovers and a tranquil hideaway for soothing tense emotions and settling restless spirits.

http://www.nscb.gov.ph/ru6/naburot2.jpg

Isla Naburot can be found in Sinapsapan, Jordan, Guimaras. It has 8 native-styled cottages made of wood, nipa and stones. Ideal for fishing, swimming, boating, island hopping, snorkeling, and scuba diving

http://www.nscb.gov.ph/ru6/islanaburot.jpg

Lakbay.net Link for Isla naburot