PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Page 1 of 25 1 2 11 ... LastLast

San Miguel Information Technology Systems, Inc

Anybody here from San Miguel Information Technology Systems, Inc?
    SMITS as they call it, I need some info here.

beerLandia_snooping
    yes? about what po?

Quote Originally Posted by lia_926 View Post
    yes? about what po?
    pano mag-apply dun, ano ang mga IT positions available, compben, at hiring process?

^may opening ba for IT recruiters? thanks

beerLandia_snooping
    ^ hmmm di ko alam yan eh
    itatanong ko na lang

^what about for IT? thanks.

me nabasa akong thread ** before na d na daw mganda mgwork sa san miguel and in any of its subs, totoo ba yun? balak ko pa nmn mgapply sa SMITS...anyone from SMITS to feed me bout the work life there? Benefits and Compe as well, thnx! =]

beerLandia_snooping
    @iamtsina yup ang alam ko hehe

@reyven15 just pm you the details

@reyven15

San Miguel as a whole would be multinational in scope, as in you have opportunities for foreign assignments at various San Miguel subsidiaries in Asia Pac. Although you'd most probably have more such chances if you work in a US multinational where you get to go to the Head Office for training and such.

San Miguel is still very much Filipino at heart. Some things that would undergo a rigorous inquiry / documentation / by the book procedure in a US multinational can often be handled by "pakiusap" or "maboteng usapan." In that sense, the culture is a less stressful, and expectations from employees may vary substantially depending on who the immediate boss is.

There have been statements here that San Miguel was run better during the Soriano days but that's debatable. I guess some senior executives got better perks under the old administration, but the financials speak for themselves. San Miguel during the old administration was the subject of an AIM case study about how a giant conglomerate could operate while losing money. At least now there are many ways for someone to shine, since there are many other product lines aside from Beer.

On SMITS, parang mas ready na sila mag regular. Mas marami na ang people who have become regulars itong past year or so. I guess as regulars the package and benefits would be attractive or else wala na rin ang nag stay.

Meron ako friend using SAP Technology dito sa SMITS. He hasn't so much good stories to tell.

I'm sure there are people na di masaya ... but I'm sure there are others na OK din ang stories nila. I just think that people wouldn't sign on sa company (ie more contractual people na nagiging regular these days) kung wala silang tiwala sa kanila.

Itatawid, ihahatid kita.. popsky's Avatar
    aside from SAP ano pa ang ibang programming language na ginagamit dyan?

beerLandia_snooping
    VB.net , powerbuilder at etc..
    tapos support sa mga legacy systems na nageexists

@hayate - yup madami na nga nareregular sana mapasama kami sa listahan hehe

Quote Originally Posted by lia_926 View Post
    VB.net , powerbuilder at etc..
    tapos support sa mga legacy systems na nageexists

@hayate - yup madami na nga nareregular sana mapasama kami sa listahan hehe
    me powerbuilder experience ako pero 3months lang, saka ayoko na bumalik dun. noh pa po ibang language...

She'sAlreadyTakenMe immortalscythe's Avatar
    ^^ parang alam ko kung bakit ah? dahil ba kay Joseph Ting lolz... reminiscing those days you were will on Gestalt hahaha peace pagie

16. Advertisement

Jorge Ting pare... hahaha

She'sAlreadyTakenMe immortalscythe's Avatar
    ay mali pala hehe churi churi basta ting *** dulo ok na yun nyahaha

Itatawid, ihahatid kita.. popsky's Avatar
    Pano handling ng interview sa SMITS? ussual ba dun ang kumuha ng programmer from other programming language then magwo-work as SAP programmer? Entry level uli kaya ang salary nun?

pwede po ba mag ojt dito?

beerLandia_snooping
    ^yup anong course mo?

@popsky- di ko actually alam depende Siguro

Page 1 of 25 1 2 11 ... LastLast